• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:41
CEST 12:41
KST 19:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10419 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 99 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 17 2010 13:57 GMT
#421
The nomination thread specifically stated that you should nominate yourself only if you thought you were deserving. That is why self-nominators get so much agression. Because in the eyes of the community, you don't deserve a key.

Are we clear about this now?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
April 17 2010 14:02 GMT
#422
On April 17 2010 22:51 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 22:46 enzym wrote:
i dont think anyone of the people withdrawing their name does it out of selflessness. its got nothing to do with altruism.


Altruism or no, they're still giving up a chance to win a beta key - still counts for something.

They aren't, its fairly evident no one is getting a beta key, because obviously not enough people are going to cross their names off the list in time. or ever.
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
enzym
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany1034 Posts
April 17 2010 14:05 GMT
#423
On April 17 2010 23:02 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 22:51 Pholon wrote:
On April 17 2010 22:46 enzym wrote:
i dont think anyone of the people withdrawing their name does it out of selflessness. its got nothing to do with altruism.


Altruism or no, they're still giving up a chance to win a beta key - still counts for something.

They aren't, its fairly evident no one is getting a beta key, because obviously not enough people are going to cross their names off the list in time. or ever.

they are mostly doing it for two reasons

1) hope that reverse psychology will net them a key
2) save face

none of those reasons is altruistic, and then you can add AntZ's point.
"I fart a lot, often on my gf in bed, then we roll around laughing for 5 mins choking in gas." — exog // "…be'master, the art of reflection. If you are not a thinking man, to what purpose are you a man at all?" — S. T. Coleridge
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 17 2010 14:06 GMT
#424
There are still a bunch of people who were nominated by several people on the nomination thread that didn't get a key :/
:)
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
April 17 2010 14:08 GMT
#425
It's hilarious seeing all these 1-post users nominating themselves. It's even more hilarious to see some of them try to justify their actions. Everybody knows that post count != contribution. But do you think that people are going to give a shit about you if you just join 2 days ago, say a bunch of things that may or may not be true and are almost certainly not provable? Especially when there are 1703131239709 people like you saying the exact same things? And when there are dozens of veterans who a) don't have keys and b) have actually CONTRIBUTED A LOT to the site? lmao get real.

And before someone flames me, 1. i'm not asking for a key and 2. i'm not one of those veterans who contributed a lot to TL

Good day to you all!
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
April 17 2010 14:08 GMT
#426
On April 17 2010 22:52 enzym wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 22:51 Pholon wrote:
On April 17 2010 22:46 enzym wrote:
i dont think anyone of the people withdrawing their name does it out of selflessness. its got nothing to do with altruism.


Altruism or no, they're still giving up a chance to win a beta key - still counts for something.

how can you say that even after the post i quoted from albis?


Well the "maybe my selfless act will work its reverse psychology and grant me a key in the process" thing is pretty stupid but still.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Deleted User 48059
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
86 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:11:30
April 17 2010 14:10 GMT
#427
The aggression is still wholly unnecessary, and entirely unfruitful. Why not just judge all nominations on their merits and distribute keys that way, exactly as the competition seemed to be intended? Of course, those who register an account just to nominate themselves are unlikely to get a key, not out of malice, not because oMgteyRsoSelFish!!, but because they are yet to demonstrate that they are productive members of the community. I'm not convinced that random flaming and accusations of selfishness are going to make those people want to go on to be helpful TL members, is it?

Kev


edit: that was largely at Osmoses. I need to learn to type quicker
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
April 17 2010 14:11 GMT
#428
I do not want a beta key.
I'm just a semi-newbie at the site, and I don't think i deserve it :O
Prozen
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States338 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:13:58
April 17 2010 14:12 GMT
#429
I would like to remain on the list. I have already posted how much I have contributed in the previous thread. Thank you for the reminder by the way Hot_Bid.
To transcend beyond greatness, you must become greatness itself.
Luga
Profile Joined April 2010
52 Posts
April 17 2010 14:12 GMT
#430
Great to see you guys being so fair about all of this. I'm new to this site, and I guess if the veterans of this site see someone more worthy I'd pass up on it, though I've been waiting so long to get myself a hold of a key, god knows what Blizzard is doing giving out keys on facebook instead to the people who has opted in, that this place, amongst all the good guys in Starcraft gaming, is among my last shot at getting a hold of one.
... What do I say?
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
April 17 2010 14:13 GMT
#431
On April 17 2010 23:08 writer22816 wrote:
It's hilarious seeing all these 1-post users nominating themselves. It's even more hilarious to see some of them try to justify their actions. Everybody knows that post count != contribution. But do you think that people are going to give a shit about you if you just join 2 days ago, say a bunch of things that may or may not be true and are almost certainly not provable? Especially when there are 1703131239709 people like you saying the exact same things? And when there are dozens of veterans who a) don't have keys and b) have actually CONTRIBUTED A LOT to the site? lmao get real.

And before someone flames me, 1. i'm not asking for a key and 2. i'm not one of those veterans who contributed a lot to TL

Good day to you all!


I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated against. Not too long ago I was one and faced it myself, and still am to a lesser extent. I didnt mind, I still dont.
Since a low post user hasnt posted much (duh) the staff hasnt had a chance to evaluate them properly yet. The more you post, the better people will get to know what your personality/opinion/character are when you post, and mods can accordingly either ban you, give you a star, or just do nothing. The more posts you have without having a huge number of temps, or a perma ban altogether, the more likely it is that you are a decent person/poster.
but since low post users havent been around long enough to be evaluated, noone knows whether they are douchebags or awesome, thoughtful posters waiting to happen, either one is possible
and THAT is why while your postcount is low, unless the few posts you make are REALLY good, you will not be taken seriously, nor will you be truly accepted into the community
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:17:04
April 17 2010 14:14 GMT
#432
FYI, I have sent a mass PM notifying everyone on the list of this contest.

On April 17 2010 23:12 Prozen wrote:
I would like to remain on the list. I have already posted how much I have contributed. Thank you for the reminder by the way Hot_Bid.

On April 17 2010 23:12 Luga wrote:
Great to see you guys being so fair about all of this. I'm new to this site, and I guess if the veterans of this site see someone more worthy I'd pass up on it, though I've been waiting so long to get myself a hold of a key, god knows what Blizzard is doing giving out keys on facebook instead to the people who has opted in, that this place, amongst all the good guys in Starcraft gaming, is among my last shot at getting a hold of one.

Completely fair. Thank you for posting.

These guys seem pretty reasonable, does anyone feel bad flaming these kind of posters? They're just trying to get a key like everyone else.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:18:36
April 17 2010 14:16 GMT
#433
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:08 writer22816 wrote:
It's hilarious seeing all these 1-post users nominating themselves. It's even more hilarious to see some of them try to justify their actions. Everybody knows that post count != contribution. But do you think that people are going to give a shit about you if you just join 2 days ago, say a bunch of things that may or may not be true and are almost certainly not provable? Especially when there are 1703131239709 people like you saying the exact same things? And when there are dozens of veterans who a) don't have keys and b) have actually CONTRIBUTED A LOT to the site? lmao get real.

And before someone flames me, 1. i'm not asking for a key and 2. i'm not one of those veterans who contributed a lot to TL

Good day to you all!


I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated against. Not too long ago I was one and faced it myself, and still am to a lesser extent. I didnt mind, I still dont.
Since a low post user hasnt posted much (duh) the staff hasnt had a chance to evaluate them properly yet. The more you post, the better people will get to know what your personality/opinion/character are when you post, and mods can accordingly either ban you, give you a star, or just do nothing. The more posts you have without having a huge number of temps, or a perma ban altogether, the more likely it is that you are a decent person/poster.
but since low post users havent been around long enough to be evaluated, noone knows whether they are douchebags or awesome, thoughtful posters waiting to happen, either one is possible
and THAT is why while your postcount is low, unless the few posts you make are REALLY good, you will not be taken seriously, nor will you be truly accepted into the community

And if the few posts you made were really good, then you probably could've/should've been amongst the 12 that were already chosen for forum "newbies" keys.
Lol I was a forum noob like at the beginning of January. I guess I still am, since I'm still a zergling, but I don't mind. Yeah guys, the more posts you make (more useful posts that is, such as informative threads, translations, good blogs, LR OPs, etc.) the more people will be able to recognize you. Good posting goes far on this community.

Edit: shit I'm almost at 3000. I should probably stop posting for a while now.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Redding
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:18:11
April 17 2010 14:16 GMT
#434
I could really use a beta key , been looking forward to this game for years, been playing SC1 since release and have many WCG comps, would really like a key to prac up for the upcoming torneys . self-nominate myself! I know I'm only a newbie to this site and there's probably other people that have been at TL for much longer, so I understand.
Prozen
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States338 Posts
April 17 2010 14:17 GMT
#435
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:08 writer22816 wrote:
It's hilarious seeing all these 1-post users nominating themselves. It's even more hilarious to see some of them try to justify their actions. Everybody knows that post count != contribution. But do you think that people are going to give a shit about you if you just join 2 days ago, say a bunch of things that may or may not be true and are almost certainly not provable? Especially when there are 1703131239709 people like you saying the exact same things? And when there are dozens of veterans who a) don't have keys and b) have actually CONTRIBUTED A LOT to the site? lmao get real.

And before someone flames me, 1. i'm not asking for a key and 2. i'm not one of those veterans who contributed a lot to TL

Good day to you all!


I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated against. Not too long ago I was one and faced it myself, and still am to a lesser extent. I didnt mind, I still dont.
Since a low post user hasnt posted much (duh) the staff hasnt had a chance to evaluate them properly yet. The more you post, the better people will get to know what your personality/opinion/character are when you post, and mods can accordingly either ban you, give you a star, or just do nothing. The more posts you have without having a huge number of temps, or a perma ban altogether, the more likely it is that you are a decent person/poster.
but since low post users havent been around long enough to be evaluated, noone knows whether they are douchebags or awesome, thoughtful posters waiting to happen, either one is possible
and THAT is why while your postcount is low, unless the few posts you make are REALLY good, you will not be taken seriously, nor will you be truly accepted into the community

I actually agree with this. I'm a low post user myself, but I don't think I had a chance to be evaluated yet. I've been playing Broodwar forever but I haven't found out about Teamliquid until later unfortunately. Yet as soon as I was able to discover this website, I believe I began to make posts that had insight. I'm pretty sure people definitely will have some prejudice against the low post users because they're assuming that they have nothing to contribute. But again, we don't know what kinds of things the low post users can offer.
To transcend beyond greatness, you must become greatness itself.
depthsofchaos
Profile Joined March 2010
Hungary30 Posts
April 17 2010 14:17 GMT
#436
Haha I bet you're getting fooled now and the ones deleting their names will get the key xD
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 17 2010 14:19 GMT
#437
i wan't to stay. im not a 1post account, ahve made several threads and i have an active interest in TL and eSports. you may call me selfish, but to be altruistic others have to be selfish, it just doesnt work any other way.
Bisu... ;-(
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
April 17 2010 14:19 GMT
#438
I really wanna remain on the list! Im the saint here!
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
April 17 2010 14:20 GMT
#439
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated


Whoa what. TL heartily welcomes new members to the community (and reading Kennigit's original 50 keys post you'll see that there's a fair number of them are promising contributors). It just that when they self-nominate we get to dick on them :p
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
April 17 2010 14:21 GMT
#440
On April 17 2010 23:17 Prozen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
On April 17 2010 23:08 writer22816 wrote:
It's hilarious seeing all these 1-post users nominating themselves. It's even more hilarious to see some of them try to justify their actions. Everybody knows that post count != contribution. But do you think that people are going to give a shit about you if you just join 2 days ago, say a bunch of things that may or may not be true and are almost certainly not provable? Especially when there are 1703131239709 people like you saying the exact same things? And when there are dozens of veterans who a) don't have keys and b) have actually CONTRIBUTED A LOT to the site? lmao get real.

And before someone flames me, 1. i'm not asking for a key and 2. i'm not one of those veterans who contributed a lot to TL

Good day to you all!


I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated against. Not too long ago I was one and faced it myself, and still am to a lesser extent. I didnt mind, I still dont.
Since a low post user hasnt posted much (duh) the staff hasnt had a chance to evaluate them properly yet. The more you post, the better people will get to know what your personality/opinion/character are when you post, and mods can accordingly either ban you, give you a star, or just do nothing. The more posts you have without having a huge number of temps, or a perma ban altogether, the more likely it is that you are a decent person/poster.
but since low post users havent been around long enough to be evaluated, noone knows whether they are douchebags or awesome, thoughtful posters waiting to happen, either one is possible
and THAT is why while your postcount is low, unless the few posts you make are REALLY good, you will not be taken seriously, nor will you be truly accepted into the community

I actually agree with this. I'm a low post user myself, but I don't think I had a chance to be evaluated yet. I've been playing Broodwar forever but I haven't found out about Teamliquid until later unfortunately. Yet as soon as I was able to discover this website, I believe I began to make posts that had insight. I'm pretty sure people definitely will have some prejudice against the low post users because they're assuming that they have nothing to contribute. But again, we don't know what kinds of things the low post users can offer.


Like i said, i never thought low post users have nothing to contribute necessarily (because lets face it, that wouldnt make sense to generalize that hard) and that some do contribute quite a bit.
I personally think you're a great poster/contributor :D
Not that my opinion matters for anything since im not a vet myself n__n
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10998
StarCastTV_EN323
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
Lowko94
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12299
Bisu 3493
Jaedong 3006
EffOrt 1098
ZerO 383
Horang2 372
Larva 261
Pusan 247
Zeus 228
actioN 171
[ Show more ]
Hyun 133
Mind 132
Barracks 88
ggaemo 75
Bale 45
Yoon 45
Sharp 44
Killer 43
scan(afreeca) 39
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 28
Shinee 24
Sacsri 22
Hm[arnc] 21
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
febbydoto75
League of Legends
JimRising 345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1598
byalli373
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King80
Other Games
ceh9669
crisheroes209
Pyrionflax176
Sick174
dupreeh110
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 185
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 54
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 49
• killerbeecast7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Jankos1088
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
19m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 19m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.