• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:10
CEST 17:10
KST 00:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9473 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 99 Next
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
April 17 2010 12:49 GMT
#381
Can you add me and cross me off so I look cool? =)

Expected a more epic thread pressuring people to cross themselves off tbh.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 12:50 GMT
#382
On April 17 2010 21:47 lolaloc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 21:31 3FFA wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:25 Sunyveil wrote:
ROFL

I still can't believe 150 ppl self-nominated themselves

I can't believe only 150 ppl self-nominated themselves. I expected at least 500!
Also, just to clarify, is the beta keys only for windows because I only have macs and I don't buy windows because of their many bugs and some personal reasons.

No SC2 Beta for Macs yet AFAIK.

****. O well, I guess u can cross me off then =(. I hate blizzard some times...
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
April 17 2010 12:51 GMT
#383
On April 17 2010 21:37 Nytefish wrote:
Who ever said it was a random draw? You're just making assumptions there.
If anything it was a popularity contest.

If you check the news post, the "newbies" were already covered in another thread made by Kennigit.



even if it was a popularity contest, it did allow to nominate oneself (and who can nominate those who have 1 post, but themselves), but it got transformed into something else. Do you want big pie and a curse or no pie and a blessing?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 12:52 GMT
#384
On April 17 2010 21:51 NightOfTheDead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 21:37 Nytefish wrote:
Who ever said it was a random draw? You're just making assumptions there.
If anything it was a popularity contest.

If you check the news post, the "newbies" were already covered in another thread made by Kennigit.



even if it was a popularity contest, it did allow to nominate oneself (and who can nominate those who have 1 post, but themselves), but it got transformed into something else. Do you want big pie and a curse or no pie and a blessing?

Pie. I just love pie too much.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Deleted User 48059
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
86 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 12:54:41
April 17 2010 12:52 GMT
#385
@FFA:
no, no Mac keys yet, though I do recall rumours of a MAC Beta arriving 'sometime in April'. I don't think there's been much definate news of that yet though

Kev

edit: yeah, I believe it was discussed in a q&a, and reported on here in March:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=239036
TraumisT
Profile Joined April 2010
United States37 Posts
April 17 2010 12:53 GMT
#386
This should be interesting.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 17 2010 12:53 GMT
#387
6. If there are too many people still on the list after 48 hours, nobody gets any.



Haha this is brilliant.. its a shame it wont' work on a bunch of selfish nerds. Then again if you nominate yourself despite not doing anything noteworthy for the community you probably don't deserve a key in the first place. So it doesn't really matter anyway.

"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 12:54 GMT
#388
Can I get some more clarification though? Could Hot-Bid please clarify whether its windows-only? I really want to make sure I don't have a chance still.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
April 17 2010 12:56 GMT
#389
THIS IS EPIC
really?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 12:56 GMT
#390
On April 17 2010 21:56 Clearout wrote:
THIS IS EPIC

lol, well that was pretty random.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Niten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States598 Posts
April 17 2010 12:59 GMT
#391
I RESCIND MY SELF-NOMINATION.

Just woke up and saw this. I self-nominated rather early (I think), and did so before I realized it'd get such a bad reaction from the TL community. I really want a beta key, but I'd rather be part of this community than try through this means to have a few more weeks of beta.
Korra: "Ok, I know that I'm not good at emotions, but that's what Tenzin's gonna teach me, right? He's gonna teach me to be happy and gentle and spiritual, and the rest of that bullsh**t."
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 13:19:35
April 17 2010 13:00 GMT
#392
On April 17 2010 21:59 Truenappa wrote:
I RESCIND MY SELF-NOMINATION.

Just woke up and saw this. I self-nominated rather early (I think), and did so before I realized it'd get such a bad reaction from the TL community. I really want a beta key, but I'd rather be part of this community than try through this means to have a few more weeks of beta.

nvm.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
April 17 2010 13:00 GMT
#393
On April 17 2010 21:52 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 21:51 NightOfTheDead wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:37 Nytefish wrote:
Who ever said it was a random draw? You're just making assumptions there.
If anything it was a popularity contest.

If you check the news post, the "newbies" were already covered in another thread made by Kennigit.



even if it was a popularity contest, it did allow to nominate oneself (and who can nominate those who have 1 post, but themselves), but it got transformed into something else. Do you want big pie and a curse or no pie and a blessing?

Pie. I just love pie too much.



booo!
PhoenixDown
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada33 Posts
April 17 2010 13:01 GMT
#394
The conditions make it sound like its part of the Saw movie series selfishness vs. selflessness. Will the selfless get the key?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 13:01 GMT
#395
On April 17 2010 22:00 NightOfTheDead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 21:52 3FFA wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:51 NightOfTheDead wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:37 Nytefish wrote:
Who ever said it was a random draw? You're just making assumptions there.
If anything it was a popularity contest.

If you check the news post, the "newbies" were already covered in another thread made by Kennigit.



even if it was a popularity contest, it did allow to nominate oneself (and who can nominate those who have 1 post, but themselves), but it got transformed into something else. Do you want big pie and a curse or no pie and a blessing?

Pie. I just love pie too much.



booo!

wait, is that a zergling I see? AWESOME! Lets ride 'im!
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
roronoe
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada1527 Posts
April 17 2010 13:03 GMT
#396
On April 17 2010 21:26 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 21:22 nate_river wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:06 Hot_Bid wrote:
On April 17 2010 21:02 nate_river wrote:
On April 17 2010 20:23 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
On April 17 2010 20:18 Makica wrote:
On April 17 2010 20:15 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
On April 17 2010 20:12 Makica wrote:
On April 17 2010 20:04 3FFA wrote:
On April 17 2010 19:59 Makica wrote:
What if there is a different strategy. What if there is a plan to clean up the unworthy newcomers to TL by banning everyone who's name isn't crossed out on that list?



I already thought of that... keep lurking on TL.net lol...


Your use of periods is incorrect and it confuses me. In order for me to properly respond I need clarification on exactly what you just said.

He copied my idea that I posted earlier and reposted it as a brand new invention.


Oh, then credit goes to you sir! If there were liquibet points available for this, I'd bet on your idea.

No sir, I'll hand those over to you. Honestly you deserve them more, you put your sweat and blood into the task of comming up with such an idea.

I finally got what this thread is all about. It's about learning to give and take amongst people you come across everyday. This thread will teach you the meaning of love and respect to one and another.

Brb going to the bathroom for a quickie.

This thread is about slaves who accept their master they want you to admit that you are a selfish oneposter greedy lurker and you don't deserve a key so if you do they feel better because you agree with them. If you cross out your name maybe you got more chances but less dignity. How can't you see that admins behaviour here is wrong ?First they say its ok if you nominate yourself and then this sadistic game.Why zero criticism to them after so much posts ?

How do you have less dignity for crossing out your name? We said it was fine to self nominate yourself if you felt deserving, and plenty of people did that. Then more people attacked them for that. So we're just providing another option to correct a public perception of oneself. I don't see what's sadistic about that, since you aren't really hurting yourself. Nobody is losing anything they had. Everyone that has crossed out their name has gotten praise or respect.

By doing this thread i think you accept the opinion of the people who said that. Someone change his mind and admit that he is greedy and stealer from someone who deserves the key despite the disgusting method which used against him is fool. Im not hurt. I don't have something personal with you. Some contests make me sick. I want TL s contest to be serious and respectful.

I never once said I believed these people to be selfish, I think you are just projecting this feeling onto the list from the mob of people who hated on them. We are simply giving the people who self-nominated a very public way of "redeeming" themselves. Whether or not the stigma was correct in the first place, that I cannot say.


Hot_Bid professional all the way.
The Purgatory of Endless Depths
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 17 2010 13:04 GMT
#397
On April 17 2010 22:01 PhoenixDown wrote:
The conditions make it sound like its part of the Saw movie series selfishness vs. selflessness. Will the selfless get the key?

A lot of people(yes I did too)thought the same thing.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Deleted User 48059
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
86 Posts
April 17 2010 13:10 GMT
#398
Nah, there have already been far more people withdraw their self-nominations than there are keys to give out, and besides, it would be wholly illogical. If your end goal is to reward selflessness, why not give the keys to those who nominated others in the first place?

Kev

It is a shame though, I was actually beginning to look forward to embarassing myself on a TL.net stream
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 17 2010 13:12 GMT
#399
Um the number you have to get it down to is probably like 3..
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
dnosrc
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany454 Posts
April 17 2010 13:26 GMT
#400
i bet most people on that list dont even know about this thread lol :o
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5210
Bisu 2988
Soulkey 1614
Jaedong 727
EffOrt 612
Horang2 587
Mini 557
Larva 384
ZerO 296
actioN 256
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 242
Mind 108
Dewaltoss 96
sorry 92
Sea.KH 88
Sharp 83
hero 73
Barracks 73
Shinee 73
Pusan 57
Snow 54
Hyun 42
Bale 41
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 20
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Rock 14
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5294
qojqva2522
Dendi1353
420jenkins192
Counter-Strike
fl0m2565
x6flipin1293
Fnx 640
Other Games
hiko1090
Liquid`RaSZi775
B2W.Neo512
Lowko378
crisheroes296
DeMusliM264
Liquid`VortiX192
Livibee192
XBOCT189
QueenE103
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile132
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV634
League of Legends
• Nemesis3301
• TFBlade530
• Noizen125
Other Games
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 50m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.