• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8046 users

SC2 Beta Key Challenge #3 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
420zerg
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia47 Posts
April 17 2010 05:21 GMT
#21
OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!!

i love you richi =never post here but i followe you/stalk you on here and something awful, youre a great guy ill put this to excellent use.

THANKYOU TEAMLIQUID.

i love this site, one fo the best communities on the net. keep up the great work guys!! see you all online!!!!!
smokin on the dro
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
April 17 2010 05:21 GMT
#22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal_colors

wow, didn't think of that.. awesome
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
enigmatic37
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany13 Posts
April 17 2010 05:22 GMT
#23
Are your contests announced anywhere? It sucks when you see it too late to have a decent chance at winning.
420zerg
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia47 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 05:23:24
April 17 2010 05:22 GMT
#24
My heart is seriously pounding right now, I've never won something like this. I just saw that the only distinguised feature of the pic was the gradient colours, didnt see any metadata so went with that.

ILY TL ILY R1CH

also lol what a page snipe i got haha
smokin on the dro
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
April 17 2010 05:23 GMT
#25
RGB colors? Never would've thought of that. It didn't help that I got totally distracted by the fact that THEROCK IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW.
Liquipedia
albis
Profile Joined January 2010
United States652 Posts
April 17 2010 05:24 GMT
#26
roffles is playing kpop, how am i suppose to think criticly with such catchy sounds/sights distracting me
every punch is thrown with bad intentions with the speed of a devil
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
April 17 2010 05:24 GMT
#27
On April 17 2010 14:22 420zerg wrote:
My heart is seriously pounding right now, I've never won something like this. I just saw that the only distinguised feature of the pic was the gradient colours, didnt see any metadata so went with that.

ILY TL ILY R1CH

also lol what a page snipe i got haha



I saw something but it was insignificant.. well Good job bro and enjoy your beta key ^_^

Man, I hope I win something! I clapped my hands when I saw that someone won already.. hehehe
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
April 17 2010 05:26 GMT
#28
I'm sure there will be other opportunities .
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
albis
Profile Joined January 2010
United States652 Posts
April 17 2010 05:27 GMT
#29
f5 f5 f5 f5
every punch is thrown with bad intentions with the speed of a devil
slained
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada966 Posts
April 17 2010 05:28 GMT
#30
R1CH you should get a lot of keys, its really cool that intelligent people are winning rather than just lucky or popular people.
YoonHo
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada1043 Posts
April 17 2010 05:28 GMT
#31
LOL, ahaha 420zerg. It's nice to see someone get this excited makes me feel all warm inside o_o.
IUFam Golf Wang~ NrGsteve
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
April 17 2010 05:28 GMT
#32
Yes plox, more nerdy puzzles for beta keys!
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
smore
Profile Joined February 2010
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 05:30:12
April 17 2010 05:29 GMT
#33
i think ive been working on these riddles more than actually studying for finals

thanks a lot r1ch =x
Martinni
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada169 Posts
April 17 2010 05:30 GMT
#34
So what was the answer?
this is kinda like the guy that started milking and cows... what the hell was he doing?
420zerg
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia47 Posts
April 17 2010 05:32 GMT
#35
Yeh I really LOVE these kinds of puzzles, as soon as I saw it my brain just went into lockdown and I can't do anything else until I've solved it.
smokin on the dro
420zerg
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia47 Posts
April 17 2010 05:35 GMT
#36
On April 17 2010 14:30 Martinni wrote:
So what was the answer?

The answer was my beta key minus 3 letters so someone else couldn't grab it. grap the RGB values in paint.net and throw them into a hex>>ASCII converter, I've claimed the key now + you won't get the last 3 letters.
smokin on the dro
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 17 2010 05:35 GMT
#37
I was waiting for the rest of the contest to be posted, i suck with all this techy stuff
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
ptell
Profile Joined October 2009
United States103 Posts
April 17 2010 05:35 GMT
#38
So you convert the RGB value to letters using ASCII? Like this, 89 71 75 -> Y G K??
Martinni
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada169 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 05:40:56
April 17 2010 05:37 GMT
#39
Was it the hex color code into ascii = password?

I was looking at this and I was hoping to find a single "FF D9" (meaning the end of the img and the start of a hidden msg) but there was more than one, so I knew I wasn't in the right track

I already have a key, I just like challenges
this is kinda like the guy that started milking and cows... what the hell was he doing?
420zerg
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia47 Posts
April 17 2010 05:38 GMT
#40
On April 17 2010 14:35 ptell wrote:
So you convert the RGB value to letters using ASCII? Like this, 89 71 75 -> Y G K??

I used an online converter here http://www.dolcevie.com/js/converter.html

I can't remember how HEX>>ASCII works, you'd have to wiki it.
smokin on the dro
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
Rex 125
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 65
Killer 63
Shine 55
Dewaltoss 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
Sexy 27
sorry 22
Bale 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3834
Dendi1786
BananaSlamJamma392
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko1208
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo870
Lowko357
Liquid`VortiX224
Sick167
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Mew2King10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2202
• Nemesis1911
• TFBlade657
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.