• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7854 users

Searchable Ladder, Updated Daily - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
nagash
Profile Joined May 2007
Australia58 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 08:52:08
April 07 2010 08:40 GMT
#121
On April 07 2010 17:27 Gibybo wrote:
Good stuff nagash

I want to display rank next to the players name when I search for it like you do, but to do that I need to store the rank in my db (which I'm currently not doing). Is there a way I can add rank with one or two SQL queries or do I just have to do one for each player?

Also, currently doing a massive div 1-31 update.


Well, I've got the updates in for pagination and sorting. Also added a search option for "minimum rating" as it makes sense when sorting by ratio so you dont get a bunch of 5-0 players with 100% ratio at the top.

I personally just added the rank once for each player, since my database is only updated once an hour/day/whatever I don't see it as a big deal.

I'm sure it is possible to grab a rank using some sort of SQL function in one query, but I couldn't tell you how

Throw me a PM with MSN details or similar and we can help each other out / look at merging.

Edit: Actually I just realized it's easy, I was thinking way too much into it lol.
$sql = "SELECT count(*) FROM players WHERE rating > $player_rating"; in SQL terms. Doesn't take into account if someone has the same rating as them, but no big deal I guess.
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
April 07 2010 08:50 GMT
#122
My stupid suggestion.. make the page abit prettier.. maybe black background, nice banner at top.. etc etc =]
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
nagash
Profile Joined May 2007
Australia58 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 08:53:31
April 07 2010 08:52 GMT
#123
On April 07 2010 17:50 Skyze wrote:
My stupid suggestion.. make the page abit prettier.. maybe black background, nice banner at top.. etc etc =]


Aha yer, I'm no designer, but that's probably the next thing I'll work on since I can't think of any more features to add.

If someone wants to design a header/logo feel free...
Gibybo
Profile Joined May 2007
United States229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 09:12:44
April 07 2010 09:06 GMT
#124
Alright I just updated all divisions 1-36, which is the first time I've had every platinum player on the US server!

*Except division 35, I need a name from that still

On April 07 2010 17:40 nagash wrote:
Throw me a PM with MSN details or similar and we can help each other out / look at merging.

PMed! Also, I can give you direct access to my DB so you aren't an hour behind if you want.


Edit: Actually I just realized it's easy, I was thinking way too much into it lol.
$sql = "SELECT count(*) FROM players WHERE rating > $player_rating"; in SQL terms. Doesn't take into account if someone has the same rating as them, but no big deal I guess.


Eh that seems expensive since I'd have to run it once for every search (or still once for every player if I cache it). It's probably plenty efficient, but I am pretty sure there is a way to do it in one query (though that query might not actually be much more efficient) for all players at once.
Tamerlane
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada426 Posts
April 07 2010 09:10 GMT
#125
awesome, all divisions are there :D
ithree
Profile Joined January 2010
443 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-07 21:06:39
April 07 2010 14:28 GMT
#126
Guess im late get back to the party, if you think the direction is useful I'l set about automating it, had more fun thinking about how to use the data. Only put a few up mind.

Mmman its been a while since i've done web dev outside corporate, didn't even have a db set up on my site let alone the apps.

http://www.tjisher.com/sc2/


edit: finished for today, concentrated on overall charting rather than the tables that already covered here, be more useful in a week or two

ps my working file if its any use to anyone
TerrorBASS
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada16 Posts
April 07 2010 21:08 GMT
#127
i'll be backk
CowGoMoo
Profile Joined December 2006
United States428 Posts
April 07 2010 22:26 GMT
#128
On April 06 2010 01:15 lolaloc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2010 01:06 Nub4ever wrote:
hmmm I can't seem to find davy on that list

The BlizzBoyz (dayvie and cowgomoo) must have changed their names or took a break from ladder.

pshh I retired while I was ahead =P I went all-in, doubled up, then immediately left the table.
Gibybo
Profile Joined May 2007
United States229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 08:07:08
April 08 2010 08:06 GMT
#129
Just updated 1-37 (I'm getting better, only took me 15 minutes to update them all this time!).

IdrA and HuK continue their close race meanwhile ericpanda shot up from 5th to take 1st from both of them!
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
April 08 2010 09:27 GMT
#130
14 Zerg, 15 Protoss, 15 Terran, 6 random.

I have to say I'm impressed. Of course there are definite issues to work out, but hot damn, that's nice.
I will eat you alive
ithree
Profile Joined January 2010
443 Posts
April 08 2010 10:59 GMT
#131
Just reviewing the work from yesterday I think I've got as far as I can go without historic data, so theres going to be a lul before the site changes again. Not to mention having to set up the whole php+MySQL stack (some calls gonna be expensive) blah blah.


But I think we've got to an interesting point. For instance I think we can make judgements like excluding players with less than 20 wins from top player listings, as it just seems to be a hangover from a good placement round.

[evidence here, gonna watch day9 first ]

JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
April 08 2010 17:39 GMT
#132
tjisher site is bugged when you search my name, JiYan, or JiYan.lee
ithree
Profile Joined January 2010
443 Posts
April 08 2010 18:54 GMT
#133
sorry my bad, it just links over to starcraftrankings.com/ anyway, didn't see the need to repeat whats already done.

Ill fix it or just take the link down in a bit.

heres what your after JiYan: http://starcraftrankings.com/?search=JiYan
or even: http://sc2ranks.heroku.com/rankings?division=&race=&min_rating=&player=JiYan&commit=Search (scroll to bottom)
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 08 2010 18:58 GMT
#134
can't believe I missed this, Great JOB! I hope u get payed for this lol.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
April 08 2010 19:26 GMT
#135
Amazing, thanks. Love honstats.heroku.com too
Gibybo
Profile Joined May 2007
United States229 Posts
April 09 2010 12:15 GMT
#136
Updated divisions 1-39 (missing 38). HuK keeps getting knocked away from first, this time by Durrrr!

I have also added a new feature. In cooperation with TopReplays.com and soon to be many other replay sites, you can now view a player's replays by clicking the link next to their name. Top 100 players only.
Whitecrow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6 Posts
April 09 2010 15:47 GMT
#137
This is awesome, do you think you can expand it to the gold league too? I think eventually this should be done for plat/gold/silver and just leave bronze out..
About time
lew
Profile Joined April 2009
Belgium205 Posts
April 09 2010 15:52 GMT
#138
wow this is awesome, nice job. Especially the replays feature :o... Do you get those replays from sites or are there directly uploaded from the bnet server (stupid question, I know)?
Gibybo
Profile Joined May 2007
United States229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-09 16:24:28
April 09 2010 16:22 GMT
#139
On April 10 2010 00:52 lew wrote:
wow this is awesome, nice job. Especially the replays feature :o... Do you get those replays from sites or are there directly uploaded from the bnet server (stupid question, I know)?


The replays are coming from replay sites. I will be adding more sites to pull them from in the near future, just piloting it with TopReplays.com since they worked with me on the integration.

I'm taking suggestions on the best replay sites to add next

On April 10 2010 00:47 Whitecrow wrote:
This is awesome, do you think you can expand it to the gold league too? I think eventually this should be done for plat/gold/silver and just leave bronze out..


Haha, I plan on doing it for all 5 leagues. I just uploaded a FAQ with more details.
whiterabbit
Profile Joined June 2009
2675 Posts
April 09 2010 17:06 GMT
#140
Wow, I expected user-made region ladder will come, but not this fast.
GJ Gibybo!
NUTELLA y u no make me skinny?!?
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1461
910 96
Bale 30
ZergMaN 22
Aegong 20
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9212
Sick177
ArmadaUGS133
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream256
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1468
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 19m
OSC
6h 19m
Stellar Fest
6h 19m
OSC
17h 19m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.