• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8603 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 91

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 234 Next
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 06 2016 21:20 GMT
#1801
I don't eat protein bars because (as I'm sure is the tradition in countless sports) before TKD events, you don't want to eat anything so you just sit around eating cliff/protein bars.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
February 06 2016 22:26 GMT
#1802
Learn how to swallow. I fill entire prescription pill containers with fish oils, zinc tablets, vit c tablets, grapeseed extract capsules, etc and throw that shit back all at once with a glass of water.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-06 22:35:53
February 06 2016 22:33 GMT
#1803
i cant do it believe me i've been trying for years and years, i probably have an extra narrow throat or something dumb
i often just give up and bite tabs in half coz its just about as gross as having them in your mouth for minutes at a time failing to swallow them and havign them slowly dissolve until you spit them out
having said that i just came back here to remark that i can satuarate this ZMC in my mouth for 30 secs and its super glossy so it dissolves real fast and i could swallow it easily moments before it split lol
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
February 06 2016 23:56 GMT
#1804
I couldn't swallow for years. I was 17 and thought I'd never be able to swallow pills. I got my wisdom teeth removed and I couldn't chew anything and I fucking hate liquid medicine, so I had to use ice cream to swallow my pills.

Slowly over time I was able to use less and less ice cream and then eventually I could start taking big gulps of water to swallow pills. Over time I got better and better at it and now I can swallow the big fish oil capsules no problem

TL;DR progressively overload your pill swallowing. Start putting it in food that you can swallow whole, and work your way to swallowing it with just water.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 07 2016 02:56 GMT
#1805
On February 07 2016 08:56 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I couldn't swallow for years. I was 17 and thought I'd never be able to swallow pills. I got my wisdom teeth removed and I couldn't chew anything and I fucking hate liquid medicine, so I had to use ice cream to swallow my pills.

Slowly over time I was able to use less and less ice cream and then eventually I could start taking big gulps of water to swallow pills. Over time I got better and better at it and now I can swallow the big fish oil capsules no problem

TL;DR progressively overload your pill swallowing. Start putting it in food that you can swallow whole, and work your way to swallowing it with just water.


If you were a female this post would be extremely funny
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 07 2016 17:14 GMT
#1806
Did you really have to go there?

I mean we were all thinking it...
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
February 07 2016 21:15 GMT
#1807
The innuendos may or may not have been intentional...

Anyway I've felt like shit. Hit a PR on bench yesterday, but I've been sick and went to the gym today and couldn't even DL what I've hit for 5 in the past. Like it literally wouldn't budge off the ground.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
February 08 2016 14:17 GMT
#1808
Try putting the pills in your mouth then sucking water out of a bottle. I haven't had an issue just mind over mattering it but I've heard this helps most people that have trouble.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
February 08 2016 14:36 GMT
#1809
On February 07 2016 05:46 FFGenerations wrote:
anyone eat protein bars?


As a distance runner, about the only time I do, or I take protein shakes, is after my long training runs (15km or more), since at that point I need more protein than I can recover through normal food.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 09 2016 02:20 GMT
#1810
Felt like I was crushing it today, but that might be because I took Friday off.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-09 22:56:45
February 09 2016 21:20 GMT
#1811
- tweaked my knee after 1 set of squats gg
- tweaked my hip after 1 min on treadmill gg
- still 0 pullups achieved gg
- lung has been hurting a little bit from when i (presumably) burnt it last year
- looks like some prick might have stolen my new £12 water bottle????

+ running is going very well
+ abs/dragonflags are going unexpectedly well
+ job is going fine
+ nutrition is going superbly
+ punching is going superbly
+ guitar is fine

biggest fuckup atm (apart from miserable attempt at squat) is not getting any sleep

pew pew
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 12 2016 15:31 GMT
#1812
Competition tomorrow. I was lifting fine-ish monday(hit 130/155)-wednesday but my SI joint was pretty fucked yesterday and my hip is tight as hell today. Gonna do some mobility stuff today and hope my hip stops being a bitch by tomorrow. Gotta total 299kg for nationals.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
February 12 2016 17:53 GMT
#1813
On February 13 2016 00:31 decafchicken wrote:
Competition tomorrow. I was lifting fine-ish monday(hit 130/155)-wednesday but my SI joint was pretty fucked yesterday and my hip is tight as hell today. Gonna do some mobility stuff today and hope my hip stops being a bitch by tomorrow. Gotta total 299kg for nationals.

decaf fighting!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-12 18:17:51
February 12 2016 18:17 GMT
#1814
Do yoga. See how your SI joint feels after some bikram at 105 F.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 12 2016 19:03 GMT
#1815
On February 13 2016 03:17 IgnE wrote:
Do yoga. See how your SI joint feels after some bikram at 105 F.


Did some hot yoga last week, didn't help much. Also wasn't as hip focused as I probably needed though. Gonna get a good long stretch/lax ball session in today and really get it warmed up tomorrow.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-12 19:41:56
February 12 2016 19:40 GMT
#1816
i bort a goddamn toblerone lol
CHEAT DAY = SINGING AND TOBLERONE TIME
also gl decaf :D
ITS A BIG DAY FOR EVERYONE
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
February 12 2016 21:19 GMT
#1817
On February 07 2016 07:33 FFGenerations wrote:
i cant do it believe me i've been trying for years and years, i probably have an extra narrow throat or something dumb
i often just give up and bite tabs in half coz its just about as gross as having them in your mouth for minutes at a time failing to swallow them and havign them slowly dissolve until you spit them out
having said that i just came back here to remark that i can satuarate this ZMC in my mouth for 30 secs and its super glossy so it dissolves real fast and i could swallow it easily moments before it split lol


Yeah this was me until I was in college, but then I found out a neat trick.

Basically you put the pill in your mouth, then take a small gulp of water (enough to easily swallow down in one gulp). Tilt your head all the way back so that the pill is essentially floating on the water. Either relax your tongue or press it against the back of your top teeth. You won't be able to feel the pill since it's floating, so just pretend it isn't there and swallow. Try practicing a few times without the pill.

Hope this helps.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
February 12 2016 21:32 GMT
#1818
On February 13 2016 04:40 FFGenerations wrote:
i bort a goddamn toblerone lol
CHEAT DAY = SINGING AND TOBLERONE TIME
also gl decaf :D
ITS A BIG DAY FOR EVERYONE


I used to eat a toblerone a day. If you are training hard enough with enough muscle it doesn't matter that much. But you might have higher than otherwise cholesterol, more inflammation, and be less lean.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 12 2016 21:55 GMT
#1819
Toby LeRone.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 13 2016 00:56 GMT
#1820
On February 13 2016 06:19 Loanshark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2016 07:33 FFGenerations wrote:
i cant do it believe me i've been trying for years and years, i probably have an extra narrow throat or something dumb
i often just give up and bite tabs in half coz its just about as gross as having them in your mouth for minutes at a time failing to swallow them and havign them slowly dissolve until you spit them out
having said that i just came back here to remark that i can satuarate this ZMC in my mouth for 30 secs and its super glossy so it dissolves real fast and i could swallow it easily moments before it split lol


Yeah this was me until I was in college, but then I found out a neat trick.

Basically you put the pill in your mouth, then take a small gulp of water (enough to easily swallow down in one gulp). Tilt your head all the way back so that the pill is essentially floating on the water. Either relax your tongue or press it against the back of your top teeth. You won't be able to feel the pill since it's floating, so just pretend it isn't there and swallow. Try practicing a few times without the pill.

Hope this helps.


I'll quote this in case I need to teach someone how to swallow. Pills obviously.

Finally learned to kip:

Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.