• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 219

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 217 218 219 220 221 234 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 05 2019 12:21 GMT
#4361
Have you set up your planned hangover before the competition? XD

Started "strongman" Saturdays this past weekend and got my first yoke session in. Going to be fun when I get some more equipment in.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17873 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-15 17:06:09
August 15 2019 16:46 GMT
#4362
Today is #NationalRelaxationDay in Canada. I highly recommend the work of Canadian Eli Bay's work/products in this area. I've met him in person a few times. It feels like he is half asleep even when he is working in the middle of the day!

my favourite 1-liner from Eli: "when you breathe as if you are relaxed ... you start to become relaxed"

https://www.elibay.com/about
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-19 19:48:39
August 19 2019 19:45 GMT
#4363
182.5Kg (400lb) Squat x9 @108.55 bw.

www.instagram.com

Shoulder is hurting, knee is hurting (a bit), but both are getting better and squats are going really well. Definitely one of my best sets ever. I hope the carry over to lower reps is there when I need it. Still 3 1/2 months out from my next competition.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 19 2019 20:57 GMT
#4364
Hammer!

And that looks like a nice gym
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-20 07:17:29
August 19 2019 22:51 GMT
#4365
On August 20 2019 05:57 zatic wrote:
Hammer!

And that looks like a nice gym


It's the Kader1 in Cologne. If you visit the city you really should come and train there. It is small, but basically every lifters dream. The whole stuff is super young and directly recruited from the Deutsche SportHochschule. Just an amazing place.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 20 2019 18:25 GMT
#4366
Working around some patellar tendonitis so squats have been real meh lately but bench continues to make great progress (most in years). Hit 250x2 for a PR.

And my sandbags are being shipped and hopefully here for strongman saturday :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 22 2019 01:28 GMT
#4367
Took down a 5 year old PR with a 141kg power clean today!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 22 2019 04:28 GMT
#4368
pretty strong.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-22 06:11:57
August 22 2019 06:11 GMT
#4369
On August 22 2019 10:28 decafchicken wrote:
Took down a 5 year old PR with a 141kg power clean today!


You haven't posted about your pain in a while. Are you actually... pain free? That would be super awesome.

In my next life I want my physique to be like yours. In the meantime, I am trying for the more bulky but less fat look.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 24 2019 03:16 GMT
#4370
On August 22 2019 15:11 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2019 10:28 decafchicken wrote:
Took down a 5 year old PR with a 141kg power clean today!


You haven't posted about your pain in a while. Are you actually... pain free? That would be super awesome.

In my next life I want my physique to be like yours. In the meantime, I am trying for the more bulky but less fat look.


Shhhh don't say it out loud the pain will come back for me

My physique is weird lol. No chest, underdeveloped core, pelvic tilt, imbalanced hips and shoulders. Staying pretty lean around 102kg though which is solid
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
August 26 2019 21:45 GMT
#4371
Finally actually gaining some weight and lifting heavier, but I keep hurting myself in dumb ways T_T

e.g. last, last Friday when reracking I missed the left clip thing after doing OHP... sprained both my wrists doing that, waited a week to lift again (this time with borrowed wrist wraps) and it felt ok with the wraps, though a bit sore. Have a doc appt tomorrow just in case, but just wondering: for this kind of stuff, am I supposed to wait multiple weeks? Feels so bad not to be lifting though

Basically I kind of caught the bar with my wrists, so it got bent forward/sideways a bit, and it kinda hurts around the big round bone nub on the ulnar side. The pain is not like particularly high but yeah hope I haven't given myself a chronic injury asdlfkjasdklfj
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 27 2019 01:03 GMT
#4372
The old idea that you should do nothing after a sprain to let it heal is, in general, rejected. You can typically walk on a sprained ankle for instance as soon as the pain subsides enough to let you. And, importantly, the sprain typically heals in the same time or faster. My rule of thumb w sprains is to let the pain be your guide. Do what you can unless it is too painful to bear OR the pain is getting noticeably worse than baseline afterwards. Eccentric exercises are very useful for rehabbing tendons
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 27 2019 03:37 GMT
#4373
On August 27 2019 10:03 IgnE wrote:
The old idea that you should do nothing after a sprain to let it heal is, in general, rejected. You can typically walk on a sprained ankle for instance as soon as the pain subsides enough to let you. And, importantly, the sprain typically heals in the same time or faster. My rule of thumb w sprains is to let the pain be your guide. Do what you can unless it is too painful to bear OR the pain is getting noticeably worse than baseline afterwards. Eccentric exercises are very useful for rehabbing tendons


This. I pretty much try to minimize unuse after injury and it works out pretty well.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
August 27 2019 08:25 GMT
#4374
Ohh snap, that's really good to know!

Yeahh I'd also heard that you should keep stuff mobile (within reasonable pain/movement limitations) rather than just not move it at all -- I feel a lot better about my decision now, thanks!! I've been doing my workouts with wrist wraps and being careful, and definitely have been letting pain just be the guide. Overall my condition is definitely improving as well so I'll keep at it
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Gomas
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Poland312 Posts
August 27 2019 13:40 GMT
#4375
The Aajonus Vonderplanitz raw primal diet (you can watch some sv3rige videos on youtube to check it out) is great. I had to stop going to work for 5 months last year, my body wasn't working, I lost all my gains. But this year since I been on the diet, I healed a lot, am back to my job, and maybe soon I'll hit the gym again. Just thought I'd share with my fellow nerd bros who might have had bad diets and lifestyles like I used to.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
August 27 2019 18:01 GMT
#4376
On August 27 2019 22:40 Gomas wrote:
The Aajonus Vonderplanitz raw primal diet (you can watch some sv3rige videos on youtube to check it out) is great. I had to stop going to work for 5 months last year, my body wasn't working, I lost all my gains. But this year since I been on the diet, I healed a lot, am back to my job, and maybe soon I'll hit the gym again. Just thought I'd share with my fellow nerd bros who might have had bad diets and lifestyles like I used to.


While googling this I heard so many alarm bells I feel like burning Kings Landing.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-27 18:05:15
August 27 2019 18:03 GMT
#4377
don’t only eat raw meat guys. raw chicken from the grocery store is not steak tartare
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
August 27 2019 18:41 GMT
#4378
Jesus LOL I especially appreciated this dude's transition from raw veganism --> raw meatism lmao
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 27 2019 20:27 GMT
#4379
On August 28 2019 03:41 Aerisky wrote:
Jesus LOL I especially appreciated this dude's transition from raw veganism --> raw meatism lmao


LOL what in the world
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 28 2019 18:31 GMT
#4380
Gonna go for my first post in this thread, although it's quite different than the posts from you guys. Just posting personal goals so that I'll actually commit and put some time towards it.

I'm a fairly active ultimate player who started bouldering about a year ago as a side sport, so there is a good baseline level of fitness.

My end goal for the next 6 months or so is to get my fitness level to a point where I could make practice/full roster for a low end club ultimate team(or at least feel like I'm competitive in tryouts fitness-wise. There isn't much I can do about brain). This last year has been pretty bad with around 1/3 of it spent recovering from some sort of serious injury, and I didn't change my diet much so I packed on a bit of weight. Some of it is muscle from bouldering, but I'm definitely more round than I have been ever before.

Current goals are
Cardio - Extra 1-2 hours a week. Whether this is cycling/rowing/running doesn't matter too much, This will be on top of the ~3-4 hours of ultimate(counts as HIIT).

Squats(and jump training) - I recently started squatting again after a long several year hiatus(I've had bad knees for like 7-8 years now, meniscus tear, IT band sprains etc.), since I've been able to play braceless for about a year now. At body weight atm, but it's definitely back limited at the moment, which is completely unsurprising to me. Don't have a hard number target, just slowly going up as long as my knee(s) don't feel strange. End goal is to jump higher than I ever have before, but I guess touching a basketball rim would feel fucking amazing for a somebody who's 5'9 with shoes on.

Weight - Drop 10lbs. Combination of eating healthier (less deep fried, more grilled), and doing more exercise.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Prev 1 217 218 219 220 221 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.