• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7250 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 217

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 215 216 217 218 219 234 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 03 2019 01:06 GMT
#4321
--- Nuked ---
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 03 2019 23:40 GMT
#4322
I think we can allow for some subtlety in our statements.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-07 04:38:41
May 07 2019 04:37 GMT
#4323
Finished testing 2rm's on jacked and tan today.

Squatted 415, benched 245, deadlifted 445. Very conservative on each, I'd probably take them as openers if I were to do a meet right now. Videos up at www.instagram.com/jakemainville

19 weeks until my first competition (September 21) of the year, and another one 10 weeks from then (December 7) Still looking to put up a minimum of 1426 in wraps which is a USPA class 1 total at 242/110kg bw. We'll see about more specific goals about 12 weeks from now when I get into the wraps and see how they feel.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 07 2019 12:30 GMT
#4324
Keep up the good work phyre
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
May 07 2019 19:23 GMT
#4325
I have soreness/light pain when I inhale all the way or exhale all the way, and when I flex my chest inwards, especially if I clasp my hands together and flex them into each other.

Does that sound more like bruised ribs or like a pecs injury? I know only a medical professional would know for sure; it's just a very minor soreness and I'm wondering if it's even possible to get a chest muscle injury like this, or if it's probably a ribs thing.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-07 20:03:47
May 07 2019 20:02 GMT
#4326
On May 07 2019 13:37 phyre112 wrote:
Finished testing 2rm's on jacked and tan today.

Squatted 415, benched 245, deadlifted 445. Very conservative on each, I'd probably take them as openers if I were to do a meet right now. Videos up at www.instagram.com/jakemainville

19 weeks until my first competition (September 21) of the year, and another one 10 weeks from then (December 7) Still looking to put up a minimum of 1426 in wraps which is a USPA class 1 total at 242/110kg bw. We'll see about more specific goals about 12 weeks from now when I get into the wraps and see how they feel.


Hm only 19 weeks? Opening at a total of 1100 right now? Seems tight.

@Aerisky its probably a ribs thing. most pec injuries happen near the shoulder
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 07 2019 21:58 GMT
#4327
On May 08 2019 05:02 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2019 13:37 phyre112 wrote:
Finished testing 2rm's on jacked and tan today.

Squatted 415, benched 245, deadlifted 445. Very conservative on each, I'd probably take them as openers if I were to do a meet right now. Videos up at www.instagram.com/jakemainville

19 weeks until my first competition (September 21) of the year, and another one 10 weeks from then (December 7) Still looking to put up a minimum of 1426 in wraps which is a USPA class 1 total at 242/110kg bw. We'll see about more specific goals about 12 weeks from now when I get into the wraps and see how they feel.


Hm only 19 weeks? Opening at a total of 1100 right now? Seems tight.

@Aerisky its probably a ribs thing. most pec injuries happen near the shoulder


Re: Aerisky, Sounds muscular to me, prob not a pec major injury though. There's a ton of chest/shoulder/core stabilizing muscles in that area that could be sore/tight/etc that would be bothered with lengthened by a large chest breath or when shortened by compressing the ribcage
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
May 08 2019 02:19 GMT
#4328
Thanks guys!! LOL damn I guess I have some stuff to think about now hehe

Yeah, I HATE it when you get a minor injury and then there's that niggling concern in the back of your mind...and at the same time it's like adslfjasdflkj I wanna get back into it Can't hurt to ice it, right? I'll try that for now, but yeah I'm so anxious to start tomorrow again after hurting it yesterday.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-08 04:17:58
May 08 2019 04:11 GMT
#4329
On May 08 2019 05:02 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2019 13:37 phyre112 wrote:
Finished testing 2rm's on jacked and tan today.

Squatted 415, benched 245, deadlifted 445. Very conservative on each, I'd probably take them as openers if I were to do a meet right now. Videos up at www.instagram.com/jakemainville

19 weeks until my first competition (September 21) of the year, and another one 10 weeks from then (December 7) Still looking to put up a minimum of 1426 in wraps which is a USPA class 1 total at 242/110kg bw. We'll see about more specific goals about 12 weeks from now when I get into the wraps and see how they feel.


Hm only 19 weeks? Opening at a total of 1100 right now? Seems tight.

@Aerisky its probably a ribs thing. most pec injuries happen near the shoulder


Its 19 weeks to the first meet, then 10 more to the second. I want to put up the1426+ this year, I don't care which I do it at. I may not even compete in wraps until the second comp if I'm just not feeling confident in them 3-4 weeks out.

I also spent a lot of time the last six months fucking around on Bodybuilding routines and not taking the gym very seriously and 6 weeks ago I probably only had about a 1k total in me. Now I have openers at 1100, I'm still in a sort of hybrid strength/hypertrophy block, I still have 12-15 lbs of room in my weight class, I haven't put on wraps for my squat yet and I'm pulling on a shitty bent beater commercial gym bar rather than a deadlift bar.

It's a big push and it'll be tight but I think it's definitely doable if I take the time between now and then seriously.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 08 2019 04:45 GMT
#4330
I'll be pretty impressed if you manage it. Good luck.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-08 08:02:18
May 08 2019 08:02 GMT
#4331
Good luck phyre!! You got this

Always cool to get inspo from all y'all gods in this thread
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 08 2019 21:52 GMT
#4332
I'll be right over to steal your puppies.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 09 2019 04:01 GMT
#4333
On May 09 2019 06:52 Jerubaal wrote:
I'll be right over to steal your puppies.


Juno is a gooddamn hurricane and I need a vacation. I'm sure anyone that took her would bring her back within a week. And we're thinking about picking her up a sister around August maybe.

Hit 435x1 on squat super smooth, super easy today. Restarting jacked and tan on Monday with different accessories, we'll see how things go.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-15 00:09:41
May 14 2019 15:47 GMT
#4334
FUCK me the worst nightmare, fucked up my back deadlifting (((

Seeing the doctor today and so paranoid omfg I must have gotten lazy and I think my hips weren't flexed enough, and on the pull I banged the bar into my shins, heard a pop I think, and immediately dropped the bar... It actually doesn't hurt normally, just sore and kinda numb -- only painful when I'm bending my lower back significantly, so I'm hoping it's like I strained something and the pop was from cracking my back lmao

It's weird cuz it feels funny in my like upper tailbone/lower back too wtf, just a super weird place to hurt. In fact my lower back right now doesn't hurt much, but there's significant soreness in that tailbone area. Icing it for now should be fine right? :S

Edit: doc said it wasn't a herniated disc thank da lawd. I guess it makes sense because I wasn't in like excruciating pain at any point. Still super sketchy though, just gonna rest yeah. Doc also recommended ibuprofen/ice/heat, but now from my frantic googling, some people say you shouldn't take ibuprofen because you want the swelling there at first or something? I'm so confused
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 15 2019 03:36 GMT
#4335
Probably strained multifidus or erectors or some combination of the spinal muscles down there (been there done that). Do cat/cow and mckenzie extensions often within your tolerance to keep stuff moving and blood flowing. If you can get some soft tissue work (dry needling helped me a bunch) that'd be beneficial. You should be able to do core work, bodyweight movements (see previous mentioned yoga recommendations), and upper body in the mean time.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 15 2019 13:57 GMT
#4336
Got some grip implements for fun to have at home and supplement normal gym training. Pretty excited to start progressing.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 15 2019 22:41 GMT
#4337
its easy to strain an erector or QL but its possible to do worse damage. if its a strain it should be feeling a lot better within 2 weeks if you stretch it and keep blood moving
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
May 15 2019 22:41 GMT
#4338
On May 15 2019 12:36 decafchicken wrote:
Probably strained multifidus or erectors or some combination of the spinal muscles down there (been there done that). Do cat/cow and mckenzie extensions often within your tolerance to keep stuff moving and blood flowing. If you can get some soft tissue work (dry needling helped me a bunch) that'd be beneficial. You should be able to do core work, bodyweight movements (see previous mentioned yoga recommendations), and upper body in the mean time.

Ahh gotcha, thanks so much!! I do very basic barbell movements: bench/squat/DL/OHP/bent-over rows/pullups. I suppose weighted squat/DL/rows are out for now while I rehab, but should I be able to do bench/OHP/pullups?
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 16 2019 04:45 GMT
#4339
Ohp might be a bit dodgy. Just try not to load your lumbar too much, if it's just a light muscle strain you should be good in a couple weeks with attentive recovery/rehab work
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 16 2019 06:04 GMT
#4340
He said erector.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Prev 1 215 216 217 218 219 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.