• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8841 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 216

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 214 215 216 217 218 234 Next
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
April 24 2019 22:20 GMT
#4301
How very dare you, sir.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 24 2019 22:23 GMT
#4302
I really like yoga and recommend it to anyone
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
April 24 2019 22:25 GMT
#4303
The deep breathing practice alone is worth it imo
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-25 00:09:25
April 24 2019 23:14 GMT
#4304
Useful perhaps, but hardly a cornerstone of fitness.

Basketball would probably get me leaner. Boxing and rock climbing might be options.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 25 2019 04:42 GMT
#4305
You could probably maintain fitness with 3x weekly hot yoga.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 25 2019 05:06 GMT
#4306
I've been doing yoga like 5x/week just off youtube, I feel much better and helps with core strength, breathing, balance, coordination, etc.

Really anything that loads your muscles and has some degree of high intensity combine with proper diet will work if you're not aiming to add much size. Climbing would be good.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
April 25 2019 07:45 GMT
#4307
Do you have any good read to suggest on how to organize the training (week by week)?
Since the question is super broad I give more details

I like to practice mountain sports, so I climb 2-3x times a week (indoor and outdoor) and during the weekend I do some sort of activities in the mountains (ski touring / hiking etc.)

I'd like to: 1) get leaner (I'm around 76kg per 1m75cm) and 2) remain at the same strength I'm now (of course improving is not bad, but I don't feel I have to get *much* stronger to do the above), maybe improving a bit core strength and keep working legs (like squats) which I really like

What I'm doing now, is to mix a couple of sessions in the gym (I looked at the 5x5 program and I do those exercises, even if not going 3x a week I sometimes get out of the proper rotation) and 1-2 times just running (10k around the blocks)

I feel what I do might work but it's very "unstructured", I don't know if I'm training too much, too little, if/when should I put rest-days, maybe also what should I eat in the meantime.. especially thinking about a long term training routine, I'd like to educate myself a bit.. what do you think?
My life for Aiur !
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 25 2019 12:44 GMT
#4308
On April 25 2019 14:06 decafchicken wrote:
I've been doing yoga like 5x/week just off youtube, I feel much better and helps with core strength, breathing, balance, coordination, etc.

Got any recommendations? I was just pivoting to a bit a of a deload from weights myself and would love some suggestions!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 25 2019 14:21 GMT
#4309
Yeah channel recommendations please!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 25 2019 22:06 GMT
#4310
Yoga with Adriene is my favorite channel, hippie spiritual mumbo jumbo aside she has very good cues and her videos feel much more natural like an actual yoga class instead of just robotically going through positions.

Some other good ones are Yoga with Kassandra and Yoga with Adee
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
April 25 2019 22:10 GMT
#4311
My fiancé has been a huge Yoga with Adriene fan for years now, she's definitely one of the best.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 26 2019 18:19 GMT
#4312
Cheers, thanks!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
April 26 2019 21:25 GMT
#4313
Ooh actually now that you guys recommend/bring it up, I'm kind of interested as well :o thanks!

Side note, damn lifting and biking in the city but not running or doing anything else, it's crazy how quickly your body gets unused to it...just ran to catch a walk sign and holy shit feels like I blew out my knee lmao.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
KelianQatar
Profile Joined December 2012
303 Posts
April 28 2019 21:36 GMT
#4314
On April 13 2019 16:21 Jerubaal wrote:
How I lost 35 lbs in 10 weeks using Intermittent Fasting
.........
I’m closing in on 150, which is a lot more weight lost than I thought I’d have to lose. I still have a bit of ring of fat around my midsection, but I’m noticeably thinner. I’m curious how much lower I should go and if any of it is just loose skin.

Some observations:
-One of the first things you notice is that you won’t be hungry very much, which leads to the realization that we just eat so much food that we don’t need. The idea of eating three meals a day just seems like an overload now.
-I did lift fairly often during this, and I took that as a barometer of my health. I figured if I could still lift and feel well, then I was probably not overdoing it. Some days I did feel like I had little energy, but most days I was fine.
-I live by the McDonald’s Principle: If you had $2,000, you could either buy McDonald’s until you whittled it down bit by bit, or you could take a trip to some destination. Which is really going to enrich your life? So skip the Whataburger and McDonald’s and coke and Cocoa Puffs- that you really didn’t enjoy that much-, eat your keto OMAD during the week, and then on Sunday make your eclairs or chicken tikka masala or homemade fried chicken and mashed potatoes.


Hey! Great job on the fasting and weight loss. I started fasting last year and have most of my office mates doing OMAD! Talk about increased productivity!

Anyway, I noticed the same things that you did, some of us, including me, eat for entertainment or comfort instead of fuel.

I started with a 72 hour fast and loved the feeling. Fasting frees up so much time and brain space. No more worrying about meal prepping 3 - 6 meals a day for 7 days. I can focus on one really nutrient dense meal a day and be good to go!

I have completed a 7 day fast and it was more of a mental exercise than a physical one. I wanted to see the medical benefits more than weight loss. More and more research shows that fasting can be used to cure and prevent anything from cancer to arthritis.

I try to do some intermittent fasting daily, 16 - 18 hours if not more and then some extended fasting like 3 - 5 days monthly. Along with my stronglifts 5x5 routine, I'm stronger and healthier than I've ever been.

MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
April 28 2019 23:03 GMT
#4315
I need to get back into, I've been recovering from a strained groin/thigh and will start up at a new gym once I move next week. Plus side of the move is I'll be walking 4 miles round trip to and from work which should add up a bit
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 29 2019 02:41 GMT
#4316
--- Nuked ---
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-04-29 05:56:09
April 29 2019 05:46 GMT
#4317
Fasting is not compatible with my body and activity level and desire to weigh at least 250lbs. Its just not an option for me.

@decaf +70lbs on that 4rm coming in hot, gunning for a minimum of 550 (wraps tho lol) on the platform next meet (either September or December... Or maybe both)
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
April 29 2019 08:49 GMT
#4318
I'm well aware (from personal experience) of the risk of seeing food as comfort, which can lead to over eating when stressed for instance.
However I feel for me personally seeing food as just fuel is too much: I would like to enjoy my meals, cooking is a nice activity with much behind it culturally

It's kinda like saying that sex is for babies, while we know we enjoy it even when we don't want to reproduce

For me the difficulty sometimes is to balance the enjoyment I get from eating, with the will of being healthy and not over-eating shitty food that makes me feel good in the moment.
My life for Aiur !
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 01 2019 03:39 GMT
#4319
True. I am a gourmand myself. However, one idea that keeps occurring to me is how much food we eat that we don't even really enjoy. The nice thing about fasting is you can choose when you want to splurge (as long as it's not too often).
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
KelianQatar
Profile Joined December 2012
303 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-05-01 23:11:18
May 01 2019 23:08 GMT
#4320
On April 29 2019 11:41 JimmiC wrote:
To be clear, nobody fast to cure cancer or anything else serious. Please go to a qualified medical professional and follow their direction. Making healthy choices and so on is great to prevent and great to go along with doctors orders. But Fasting alone will not cure cancer.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but with the whole Antivaxx thing and so on it is important to be clear.


I'm not giving out medical advice. Re-read my post. I'm not talking about Antivaxx. Again, re-read my post. I am discussing intermittent fasting and extended fasting.

I'm very careful not to dole out medical advice, I'd rather reference research. Readers can google the info and make their own choices. Readers can also consult their trusted healthcare professionals about intermittent fasting or extended fasting. I'd also advise readers to avoid treating their GP like he or she is god. Caveat Emptor.

Here is some of the research I was referencing:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324169.php

"Fasting may help with cancer treatment. There is a growing body of evidence supporting the role of fasting in both cancer treatment and prevention."

Prev 1 214 215 216 217 218 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 701
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever618
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe179
Other Games
summit1g8383
JimRising 614
shahzam578
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS82
RuFF_SC214
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream339
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.