• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6550 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 689

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 687 688 689 690 691 730 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
November 23 2011 16:47 GMT
#13761
youre just looking for excuses because you are tall, fat and have gorilla arms!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 23 2011 16:55 GMT
#13762
K, we now have a bodyweight training thread although I kinda skewed it mostly towards bodyweight strength training.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=288386
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
November 23 2011 17:03 GMT
#13763
On November 23 2011 23:37 Jupiter wrote:
You can guarantee that? what???
Zyzz had an amazing genetic shape. Including the way that his abs looked. He was very lucky to have the muscle insertions that he did.

Powerlifting doesn't give your abdominal muscles an advantage to a body builder who trains correctly.


I think that there is a big difference between powerlifting and body building and its not just in the diet. (sure diet plays a part)
but the training is to achieve different goals.

I don't think it's so much because of amazing genetics, more so hard work and steroids. If you think the abs of a powerlifter(low bf%) looks better than a bodybuilder or not I guess could be viewed as subjective though. Powerlifters will most definitely have bigger abs than bodybuilders, since bodybuilders want a thin waistline.
My point is powerlifting does not make you fat or give you horrible abs.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 23 2011 17:59 GMT
#13764
On November 24 2011 01:42 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 01:34 Zafrumi wrote:
well, heavier people have a way easier time hitting a 3 plate squat as well. its just a rule of thumb.

edit: and tbh I dont think those 1RM calculators are of much use. my 1rm on bench press is supposed to be 110kg, but I cant see myself benching this weight at the moment. same with squat and deadlift (I actually tested my supposed deadlift 1rm according to that calculators and I utterly failed. bar wouldnt even move.)


Of course! But a 100kg person has to squat 200kg to have a 2x BW squat, which is a pretty insane number. For a 2.5x BW deadlift, this number would have to be 250kg... something that I think no member of this forum has even hit.

It's all just so dependent on height, limb length, etc.

200kg squat and 238kg dl at 94kg bw. Both over the 2x and 2.5xbw benchmarks I'm sure dimsum could pull close to 3x his bw
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Imaren
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 18:24:23
November 23 2011 18:23 GMT
#13765
Been lurking TLHF for about two months now...

Imaren
Age: 19 || Height: 6'2" || Weight: 157 lbs/ 71 kg.
Starting Date: ~7/11 || Goal Date: 1/11 - 12
Weight goals -- The one year goal would be 80 kg.
Training goals -- I really hav no clue of what I can achive in one year, maybe I should put up short term goals. For now it's to make the most of every session.
Nutrition goals -- I'm gonna eat moar then I've ever done before

SS Starting Numbers (post-week 3)
Squat: - Can't because of an injury
Bench Press: 40 kg (50 kg)
Dead Lift: 50 kg (65 kg)
OHP: 20 kg (27,5 kg)
PC: 35 kg (45 kg)

I've been doing SS for three weeks now and it fits me great, except the squats. I have an almost two year old injury in my left adductor longus, it almost snapped in two according to the doctor. After that I had to do rehab for for about 4 months before I could go back to playing (team/european) handball. Two months later i quit playing handball and stopped doing my rehab for about a year until three months ago when I picked up the rehab again. Now it only hurts when i reach the deepest point of my squat, but that makes me limp for the rest of the day.
Now I wonder if should start squatting as low as I can go without any pain, or should I only do my rehab and stretches and wait until I'm able to do a proper squat? Also, can u suggest any stretches for me? I'm doing theese two for my hip:
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/gallery/jenny/hip_flexor_stretch.jpg

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/12981/49_2007/innerthigh.jpg
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 19:52:34
November 23 2011 19:51 GMT
#13766
140 press 3x5 fucking done holy shit. Would have crushed 275 squat too if I had eating dinner and/or breakfast. =[

On November 24 2011 03:23 Imaren wrote:
Squat: - Can't because of an injury
Dead Lift: 50 kg (65 kg)


This makes absolutely zero pennies to me.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
November 23 2011 20:26 GMT
#13767
About the powerlifters vs bodybuilders abs thingy:

powerlifters dont workout to get visible muscles and awesome abs, just to get strong and doesnt really give a shit what they look like. Bodybuilders do pretty much the opposite since their sport is all about looking big and having defined muscles

doesnt have anything to do with squats/deadlift
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 23 2011 23:34 GMT
#13768
Last light workout today: worked up in singles up to 80% 1rm maximum for practice. Traveling tomorrow to capital, powerlifting meeting is on saturday.

I've decided my opening weights will be: Squat 170kg, BP 117,5kg and Deadlift 195kg.
I will try to add 15 more kg on both squat and deadlift for 2nd attempt, and prolly 5 to bench press.
on 3rd not sure, but I REAAAALLY wanna try the 3x bodyweight deadlift.

Hopefully i'll have pics and videos.
I'm also sponsoring the event aswell, so I'll remind the judges that before I squat ;d.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 23 2011 23:44 GMT
#13769
Very nice gotunk! Hope for some nice vids. What are you weighing at/what's your weight class?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 24 2011 01:01 GMT
#13770
good luck dude
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
November 24 2011 04:03 GMT
#13771
Good luck, crush some fucking weight!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
November 24 2011 04:25 GMT
#13772
I stalled for the first time on Bench Press today 160lb 5x5, it's a really humbling experience because I was beasting it for the longest of times and didn't respect the weight. Also on the 3rd set 200lb squat I told myself I can't do it anymore and was about to stop but then I kept on telling myself I can't quit now I'm a fucking man and men don't pussy out. Completed my 5th set on squats, boy is it true that a lot of lifting heavy weights has to do with mental power too not just physical.
I <3 Plexa.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
November 24 2011 09:12 GMT
#13773
On November 24 2011 13:25 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I stalled for the first time on Bench Press today 160lb 5x5, it's a really humbling experience because I was beasting it for the longest of times and didn't respect the weight. Also on the 3rd set 200lb squat I told myself I can't do it anymore and was about to stop but then I kept on telling myself I can't quit now I'm a fucking man and men don't pussy out. Completed my 5th set on squats, boy is it true that a lot of lifting heavy weights has to do with mental power too not just physical.

My secret is to just go down when I think I can't; I'm too proud to fail, and halfway on the way down I started thinking 'up up up' anyways. Just go down and you have a rep left in you
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 24 2011 09:33 GMT
#13774
doesnt always work for bench press LOL
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 13:33:44
November 24 2011 11:42 GMT
#13775
Gotta love Benni:



Making it look easy

oh and fyi: Benni is currently "dieting". Being 155kg with abs is going to be monstrous!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 24 2011 14:50 GMT
#13776
A) that was fucking absurd. That's what 70kg looks like for me, he makes throwing that around weights that would kill people look easy.
B) you have the coolest gym in the world.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
November 24 2011 15:22 GMT
#13777
I love the smile, ain't nothing to a boss.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 24 2011 15:23 GMT
#13778
On November 24 2011 20:42 sJarl wrote:
Gotta love Benni:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIBhdhHN6Sk&feature=player_embedded

Making it look easy

oh and fyi: Benni is currently "dieting". Being 155kg with abs is going to be monstrous!

lol wtf

i actually said "what the fuck" out loud as I was watching it lol...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
November 24 2011 17:20 GMT
#13779
da fuk? lol isnt even trying.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 18:11:57
November 24 2011 17:58 GMT
#13780
really squeezed my glutes today
much better for OHP
a trainer said my "trapped nerve" is almost definately tendonitis/hurt tendon after i described it coz i have no numbness and he said he had a similar problem (said he had an injury in the past where he could curl he arm easily but couldnt rotate it/move it in a different way watsoever. mine isnt really like that, its far more local/hidden). said it will heal eventually (been many months now, tho it was borderline okay/dodged today, i did yelp at one point).
doctor said to fuck off and to pay for a private physio if i want help with my "gym injuries"
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 687 688 689 690 691 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.