• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:03
CEST 04:03
KST 11:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8651 users

Simplifi is hiring - work from home - Page 3

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
November 22 2014 09:13 GMT
#41
On November 22 2014 06:16 killa_robot wrote:
I've always been curious, how are you determining the number of years you require in each language? What's your different expectations for someone who has 2 years of python development compared to 3, or 4?

I'd apply but sadly I don't appear to qualify since I haven't made/don't even know what linux applications are (which I'm guessing are objective c scripts, but I could be wrong, pretty unfamiliar with development in linux).


I did not write the descriptions of the technical roles. In our case, I would assume these are mere pointers, and people would actually look at your code foremost and ask you do practical tasks in the interview.
We are not big sticklers for protocol.
Here be Dragons
Sanders
Profile Joined June 2010
97 Posts
November 24 2014 23:25 GMT
#42
Oh well, worth a shot. Can someone else who was declined tell me if this was a copy-paste rejection or do I actually need to go over my CV with a fine tooth comb for errors?

With a nicer cover letter and an error-free CV, we might have selected you for an interview, but as is, it's a 'no'.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
November 24 2014 23:30 GMT
#43
On November 25 2014 08:25 Sanders wrote:
Oh well, worth a shot. Can someone else who was declined tell me if this was a copy-paste rejection or do I actually need to go over my CV with a fine tooth comb for errors?

Show nested quote +
With a nicer cover letter and an error-free CV, we might have selected you for an interview, but as is, it's a 'no'.


No copy and pasterino on that.
Here be Dragons
Sanders
Profile Joined June 2010
97 Posts
November 24 2014 23:34 GMT
#44
On November 25 2014 08:30 Rimstalker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2014 08:25 Sanders wrote:
Oh well, worth a shot. Can someone else who was declined tell me if this was a copy-paste rejection or do I actually need to go over my CV with a fine tooth comb for errors?

With a nicer cover letter and an error-free CV, we might have selected you for an interview, but as is, it's a 'no'.


No copy and pasterino on that.

Okay, thanks. It looks like I've got another round of proof-reading to do :/
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
November 24 2014 23:57 GMT
#45
Not copy paste - even if it was, it's much better than no response. We even got an explanation instead of a plain "No."

I found 1 typo and 1 missing apostrophe in my CV after I sent the application, and they said that >1 mistake = no. I was pressed for time, otherwise I could have avoided it. I even have an USA editor as a friend and didn't think of asking him for help. :facepalm:

Too bad, because I would have probably smashed the tests and worked my ass off to do some quality work to earn some quality money. q_q

Thanks for the opportunity!
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-25 00:01:27
November 25 2014 00:00 GMT
#46
i can confirm that they aren't really sticklers for protocol. i didn't even include a real cv or mention any previous employers and basically just wrote a detailed cover letter explaining my history and why i thought i would be a good candidate for the position. that, along with github and coursera links, was enough.

although it seems like being a native english speaker probably works in my favor a ton.
Sanders
Profile Joined June 2010
97 Posts
November 25 2014 00:37 GMT
#47
On November 25 2014 08:57 quirinus wrote:
Not copy paste - even if it was, it's much better than no response. We even got an explanation instead of a plain "No."

I definitely agree that feedback is great and always appreciated. I just wanted to check that it was something I needed to look into. I've given it a cursory check but I'll have a more detailed look later tonight - not really in the mood now.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
November 25 2014 15:30 GMT
#48
On November 25 2014 09:00 chalice wrote:
i can confirm that they aren't really sticklers for protocol. i didn't even include a real cv or mention any previous employers and basically just wrote a detailed cover letter explaining my history and why i thought i would be a good candidate for the position. that, along with github and coursera links, was enough.

although it seems like being a native english speaker probably works in my favor a ton.


I think I disqualify as many native speakers as non-natives based on mistakes in their applications. If I take out the non-natives where the English is clearly not up to professional standards, it's probably a lot more native speakers than non-natives.

The mistakes are somewhat different though, the native speakers tend to hang themselves with actual grammatical mistakes, or using a wrong word that is still an English word and thus not caught by spell checking. What I also had this round was doubling up words and (clearly) re-writing a sentence, but leaving some remnants of the old sentence in place.

Non-natives struggle with prepositions mostly, and a lot of Slavic languages seem to give you difficulties to understand (indefinite) articles.


Here be Dragons
chalice
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1945 Posts
November 26 2014 01:51 GMT
#49
yeah i guess i shouldn't generalize like that, every scandinavian i've ever met probably had better english than the average american.
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
November 26 2014 07:20 GMT
#50
On November 26 2014 10:51 chalice wrote:
yeah i guess i shouldn't generalize like that, every scandinavian i've ever met probably had better english than the average american.


the problem is your meeting Scandinavians was not entirely random. Pretty sure there were quite a few selective factors at play. It's like if I were to judge about average Koreans by the Koreans I know of (progamers mostly), I would have to conclude they are all geniuses.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13510
Rain 2231
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 20
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever629
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
Doublelift4812
Counter-Strike
taco 512
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1637
ArmadaUGS346
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1232
WinterStarcraft533
Other Games
summit1g8836
Day[9].tv716
JimRising 620
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0200
Maynarde159
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick854
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv716
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 57m
OSC
10h 57m
Stellar Fest
10h 57m
OSC
21h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.