• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8425 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1740

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1885 Next
ruypture
Profile Joined May 2014
United States367 Posts
September 13 2017 15:58 GMT
#34781
On September 14 2017 00:19 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2017 23:28 ruypture wrote:
On September 13 2017 23:18 Requizen wrote:
On September 13 2017 21:58 rbetenoire wrote:
Chuunin exams put me to sleep. I really dislike tournaments in shounens so maybe thats why.

Tournament arc in Hero Academia was fucking awesome tho. Easily worth it for Deku v Todoroki and then just Bakugo at the end.


In non-weeb news, the first 9 chapters of the next Stormlight Archives book are up online and it's just so good to read Brandon Sanderson again. Not much revealed but I love these characters so much that just seeing them again is worth the preview.

Speaking of waiting for books, has anyone heard anything about Dresden Files #16?

I went insane and bought every book and read them all in a month and I've been waiting like two years now for book 16 and it's been so long since I heard anything about Jim Butcher besides Codex Alera

I check his website every month or so. It's still TBD unfortunately as far as release. I really enjoyed the first Cinder Spires book so its rather annoying to have multiple series to wait on and its the same guy working on both... I did this to myself though.

Yeah growing up my parents read the Dresden Files and at some point when I was in high school I decided to read them and fell in love. But now I'm just sitting here waiting wondering every month if any news comes out and maybe I'll get to read them.

It's kinda hard because Jim Butcher said that he plans on ending with a trilogy, but however many books there are between now and the final trilogy is unknown. I'll be forty god damn years old by the time this book series is done.

and don't even get me started on GRRM
어윤수|이신형|이재동|이승형
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 16:29:53
September 13 2017 16:22 GMT
#34782
Yeah Scip is right, the protagonists in Naruto are terrible.

Some of the side characters are fairly interesting but then never get enough screen time to become interesting, aside from maybe Jiraiya and Shikamaru.

I spent much of the show raging about how Sasuke is a completely unbelievable character who is designed to be a perpetual child specifically so he can appeal to children regardless of whether or not his resulting actions and motives make any fucking sense.


The reason I kept watching the show I think was it actually did have fairly interesting action in the beginning, because it wasn't very DBZ power level heavy, it had a lot of intertwining systems to make it so guy A can beat guy B who can beat guy C who can beat guy A. That made some of the fights really cool.

But as the show went on and the characters got more powerful those systems eroded a lot, and by the end everybody could do everything and it was just an epenis contest.

I probably would have been a lot more satisfied with the show if Pain had been the final bad guy.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 13 2017 16:23 GMT
#34783
Jim said he had put off Peace Talks until he finished his short story anthology and some side projects, so maybe he'll have it done this year? And then Cinder Spires at some point after that.

The wait is killing me tho. Just did my reread recently and can't wait for more.
It's your boy Guzma!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
September 13 2017 16:52 GMT
#34784
On September 13 2017 07:07 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I'd just like to comment that, while I normally shit on Naruto, the Great Bridge arc is actually really good before the series really goes and becomes the blandest shounen ever. It actually has a couple interesting ideas and themes other than "who is the strongest."


I think Bleach wins hands down for blandest shounen ever. As bad as Naruto got later, Bleach was ten times worse.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
September 13 2017 17:09 GMT
#34785
Bleach was bad enough that I actually stopped watching it, it's true.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 13 2017 17:55 GMT
#34786
I will always maintain that pre-SS Bleach is actually one of the best Shounens out there. Then it became DBZ (though still good), and then quickly downhill after that. But everything up to Rukia's capture is great, I still read it sometimes.
It's your boy Guzma!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 13 2017 18:05 GMT
#34787
On September 13 2017 22:22 sung_moon wrote:
I the Jiraiya vs. Pain/Sasuke vs. Itachi was my favorite Naruto arc.

Participating in my first RP campaign this Friday (Pathfinder). Hella excited, especially when I've been watching Critical Role, basically non-stop since starting it (on episode 30 now).

Tell us about it after.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
ruypture
Profile Joined May 2014
United States367 Posts
September 13 2017 18:26 GMT
#34788
On September 14 2017 02:09 Ketara wrote:
Bleach was bad enough that I actually stopped watching it, it's true.

Bleach and One Piece were two I never watched because they were so long and I'd rather watch other things.

Why do you say bleach is so bad? I can't imagine it being that bad considering how popular it is.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not saying popularity=good, but popularity typically means something about the show is good enough (or panders to an audience) to keep it going.
어윤수|이신형|이재동|이승형
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
September 13 2017 18:30 GMT
#34789
All this talk of promising premises being forced into becoming Shounen just makes me really nostalgic for pre-popularity Tower of God. What an amazing start to what is now a pantheon to pandering Q_Q
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
September 13 2017 18:34 GMT
#34790
On September 14 2017 03:26 ruypture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2017 02:09 Ketara wrote:
Bleach was bad enough that I actually stopped watching it, it's true.

Bleach and One Piece were two I never watched because they were so long and I'd rather watch other things.

Why do you say bleach is so bad? I can't imagine it being that bad considering how popular it is.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not saying popularity=good, but popularity typically means something about the show is good enough (or panders to an audience) to keep it going.

Bleach was so bad that it was the only one to lose being an anime and it just kind of died out as a manga too. The start was where most of the popularity came from and is the only part that is actually coherent.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 18:35:11
September 13 2017 18:34 GMT
#34791
... I went to bed past 7 AM 'cause a comment made me restart HxH at the chimera ants arc, thinking I wasn't far from the end when it went into hiatus and it stopped being publihed in paper here.
1- boy was I wrong
2- I'm never getting back seriously on the job market if I keep sleeping so late for whatever reason and not being up in the morning
3- it stopped right as the setup finished and they emerged for the stairs fight. That' why I had good memories of that arc too. Heck even at the start of the fights it's interesting. But it's become pretty darn bad afterwards, too long, sluggish, bullshit reasons (we have to believe humanity depends on it but people let their enemy escape because "he was able to respect me, I can't kill him"?).

Fuuuuck I want my time back. But I need to have actual will and dedication to getting shit done more than that time. >_>
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
September 13 2017 18:46 GMT
#34792
When you put kimchee in your mouth for the first time in months.

Feels good man.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 18:53:57
September 13 2017 18:53 GMT
#34793
On September 14 2017 03:26 ruypture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2017 02:09 Ketara wrote:
Bleach was bad enough that I actually stopped watching it, it's true.

Bleach and One Piece were two I never watched because they were so long and I'd rather watch other things.

Why do you say bleach is so bad? I can't imagine it being that bad considering how popular it is.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not saying popularity=good, but popularity typically means something about the show is good enough (or panders to an audience) to keep it going.


Even amongst Bleach fans most arguments aren't about if it jumped the shark, but when.

It has the standard Shounen problems to a greater degree than most of its peers, and on top of that the storytelling got progressively worse as it went along. The dramatic stakes eventually fell apart because no matter what happened Ichigo would pull more power out of his ass in the most unbelievable way, and any time he had to make anything resembling a sacrifice the plot demanded it reverse itself immediately, over and over again.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 13 2017 19:33 GMT
#34794
On September 14 2017 03:53 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2017 03:26 ruypture wrote:
On September 14 2017 02:09 Ketara wrote:
Bleach was bad enough that I actually stopped watching it, it's true.

Bleach and One Piece were two I never watched because they were so long and I'd rather watch other things.

Why do you say bleach is so bad? I can't imagine it being that bad considering how popular it is.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not saying popularity=good, but popularity typically means something about the show is good enough (or panders to an audience) to keep it going.


Even amongst Bleach fans most arguments aren't about if it jumped the shark, but when.

It has the standard Shounen problems to a greater degree than most of its peers, and on top of that the storytelling got progressively worse as it went along. The dramatic stakes eventually fell apart because no matter what happened Ichigo would pull more power out of his ass in the most unbelievable way, and any time he had to make anything resembling a sacrifice the plot demanded it reverse itself immediately, over and over again.

Not only did he always gain power, a lot of the time they didn't even explain it. He would disappear for 20 chapters, leaving us alone with some side characters nobody gave a shit about (come on, half the Captains are boring, and pretty much everyone from the Vizard/Fullbringer/Hueco Mundo arcs were garbage). And then he'd come back and there'd be a 4 page flashback to him talking about determination and then gaining inconceivable power.

The first time he unlocked his Shikai training with Urahara was awesome. Gaining his Bankai felt a little half-assed but the fight scene with Byakuya was fucking worth it. Everything after that was completely terrible.

Like, if you're never read or watched Bleach, do it through Soul Society. It's worth it up until that point. And then just stop before you experience irreversible emotional trauma.
It's your boy Guzma!
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 20:55:01
September 13 2017 20:54 GMT
#34795
SPOILERS

My favourite fan theory about why ichigo is so strong, is that not only he is part shinigami, part human, part hollow, part quincy, he is also partially the chair that restrained aizen during the final arc. Too bad Kubo had to end the series so abruptly, Im sure that was intended to be the grand reveal at the end.

I agree that after Rukia got rescued, Bleach got bad. I dont think her capture was a turning point. Up until the save, I thought it was a pretty good fucking show.

You know, I actually found Sasuke to be kinda more believable than Naruto for a while. An incorruptible brat who can seemingly talk no jutsu half the villains into a heel face turn. Somehow everyone admires him. Not a single person thinks he is full of shit (except for me). But after Sasuke decided to destroy Konoha after he learned what happened to Itachi... You lost me there fam, like you WHAT? I legit thought for 30 eps that he is gonna double cross "Madara".

Also, fuck yeah Tower of God used to be so good. Like it had fights that were more than just flashy things while people were screaming about baangs (the equivalent of power level). Like remember when there were Wave Controllers, Lightbearers, Fishermen and so forth, and it MATTERED? Damn it was like there was actually some strategy to combat. I gotta say though, Tower of God did do one thing right and continues to do it right.

I fucking HATE Rachel. Never have I ever despised a character more deeply and profoundly than her. And I tend to like villains quite often. But holy shit man, that bitch keeps me reading.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 21:01:53
September 13 2017 21:01 GMT
#34796
Nevermind
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 13 2017 21:31 GMT
#34797
K I WONT

I'm surprised no talk of one piece in here.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 13 2017 21:37 GMT
#34798
Yeah, I dont want to get into one piece, its so fucking long and its about pirates, which never appealed to me. Ninjas are better.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-13 21:38:32
September 13 2017 21:38 GMT
#34799
... now I'm curious, for it to be apparently manga/anime-related and make Wave intervene.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 13 2017 21:49 GMT
#34800
He probably wanted to fan out about Fairy Tail or SaO.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Prev 1 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 263
FoxeR 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4643
Leta 1813
ViBE111
Bale 53
Shine 20
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Other Games
summit1g8289
WinterStarcraft526
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick610
BasetradeTV205
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta29
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota277
League of Legends
• Lourlo986
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 29m
Patches Events
10h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
OSC
18h 29m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.