• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8748 users

[BlizzCon 2016] WCS Global Finals - Page 25

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 350 Next
His ID is still Neeblet

Passionboard
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
November 04 2016 16:57 GMT
#481
The Pet example is funny because Dark actually lost to Pet and couldn't be the one to face Neeb in Kespa Cup. Obviously ZvZ doesn't say much about PvZ but "Dark is 10 times as good as Pet" is kinda absurd (and it's intentional I guess) since you can't really quantify how much better than another a player is, plus in most metrics trying to quantify that, a player 10 times as good wouldn't ever lose to the 1/10 player even in a mirror matchup.

95:5 is absurd because, even tho aligulac inflates a bit foreigners (Neeb went in Korea for kespa cup so his rating isn't as flawed now, especially since he played quite a lot of Koreans since he won the whole thing), the actual estimation (can't do it rn since aligulac is super laggy on my end) would give far less extreme %s.

WriterMaru
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 04 2016 16:57 GMT
#482
On November 05 2016 01:56 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:55 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:53 Shellshock wrote:
going to miss the start of the broadcast today because I have to pick some kids up from school. RIP my passion

I mean... are they your kids?


No, random kids. He hasn't decided which ones he wants to pick up yet.

scoping out some Korean kids to have a LAN party
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 04 2016 16:57 GMT
#483
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
November 04 2016 16:58 GMT
#484
On November 05 2016 01:57 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/


It won't be a lie for me for my exam on Monday.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 04 2016 17:01 GMT
#485
On November 05 2016 01:57 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/

It is only a slight exaggeration. I started learning in advance for some things (like the final Math exam in school), but most of the time I either started the day before or didn't learn at all.

But if you need inspiration, you're surrounded by the cream of the crap of shitposting.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 04 2016 17:02 GMT
#486
On November 05 2016 01:55 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:52 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:47 Charoisaur wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:34 Poopi wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:31 Charoisaur wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:29 Poopi wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:27 Durnuu wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:26 Poopi wrote:
Apparently I didn't post my predictions here (and I don't remember if I posted it elsewhere?) so I guess I'll post them, will make the wait easier :D. If I predicted in another thread already, those will be less conservative.

(P)ShoWTimE 3-2 (Z)Elazer
/!\ Trigger warning /!\ (Z)Dark 1-3 (P)Neeb
(T)ByuN 3-2 (T)TY
(P)Zest 3-0 (P)Stats

I was gonna put (P)Zest 3-2 (P)Stats but I would like to see him look like an invincible force once again so I predict 3-0 to help it happen. (Z)Dark vs (P)Neeb also a 3-2 for (P)Neeb but it'll be even more painful, thus funny, if (P)Neeb wins 3-1.

Ha, I have the opposite for everything but Showtime vs Elazer

I think for most people it's Byun vs TY 45 55, Zest vs Stats 50 50, Dark Neeb 70 30 and ShoWTimE Elazer 60 40, so you have more people agreeing with you .

Dark vs Neeb more like 95 5

People ain't that stupid

Neeb could barely beat Pet and Dark is 10 times as good as Pet.
The thought that Neeb could win a bo5 against the best player in Korea is just laughable. I think I'm to generous to give Neeb a 5% chance here. but yeah maybe if Dark has a bad day and gets unlucky with buildorders it could happen.

Neeb certainly has a better chance than 5 %

oh, so 6% in your opinion?

No probably around 20%
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 04 2016 17:03 GMT
#487
On November 05 2016 02:01 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 01:57 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/

It is only a slight exaggeration. I started learning in advance for some things (like the final Math exam in school), but most of the time I either started the day before or didn't learn at all.

But if you need inspiration, you're surrounded by the cream of the crap of shitposting.

I need narrative ideas tbh, the Zest vs Stats one isn't there yet :/
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
zakadar
Profile Joined December 2015
Germany409 Posts
November 04 2016 17:04 GMT
#488
i am the first time ever part of something like this and I wonder how do get this inzane amount of points
TY my boy gogo
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 04 2016 17:04 GMT
#489
On November 05 2016 01:56 opisska wrote:
I am looking forward to watching after a day when I was mostly playing. God this game can be annoying sometimes - play for 17 minutes into a complete freeze in the big fight, instalose ...why is the code such shit?

The game can be a total asshole, yeah. Those moments always suck.

By the way, I just played 4 ladder games in a row and they were all on the same map. I'd wait an extra few seconds on ladder to get variety.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
zakadar
Profile Joined December 2015
Germany409 Posts
November 04 2016 17:05 GMT
#490
and I dont post during games so dont even need to try
TY my boy gogo
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 04 2016 17:06 GMT
#491
I just realized that i should time the big shitpost with my 12k one, seems like a good idea.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
November 04 2016 17:06 GMT
#492
I rarely get to shitpost so reading this thread is super funny to me lol.

In all honesty, i think that the weight of the Dark/Neeb match is probably 65:35, but that is a heavy 65. People think Dark is a god, and yes he is a fucking good player, but Neeb has proven his mettle in the last months and he sounds confident going vs Dark. We all know many foreigners would be like "its dark im going to try my best we'll see" which I take into consideration every time a foreigner goes vs a Korean. Confidence is key. Neeb seems confident, and has seemed confident, and is having fun with the game, which will have influence on the game.

I would say even with a 65:35, its going to go 3-1 either way. I see it being the eventual loser takes the first map, and their opponent sweeps them from there.

Excited for Blizzcon though, should be really interesting to see if foreignerland can defeat Dark. If it does happen, they will face TY in the finals and that is the true challenge.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 04 2016 17:07 GMT
#493
On November 05 2016 02:03 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 02:01 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:57 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/

It is only a slight exaggeration. I started learning in advance for some things (like the final Math exam in school), but most of the time I either started the day before or didn't learn at all.

But if you need inspiration, you're surrounded by the cream of the crap of shitposting.

I need narrative ideas tbh, the Zest vs Stats one isn't there yet :/

What kind of narratives are you looking for? Is former teammates, good friends (also for the fun of let's not rule out secret lovers) fighting to the death not the kind of thing you're looking for?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 04 2016 17:08 GMT
#494
what would be the saltiest result of the ro8?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-04 17:11:42
November 04 2016 17:08 GMT
#495
On November 05 2016 02:08 Shellshock wrote:
what would be the saltiest result of the ro8?


Neeb 3-0 Dark no contest. Bonus points is he wins through 3 consecutive adept all-ins.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
November 04 2016 17:09 GMT
#496
On November 05 2016 02:08 Shellshock wrote:
what would be the saltiest result of the ro8?

Both terrans break their wrists during the bo5 and uThermal replaces them in ro4
Neosteel Enthusiast
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-04 17:10:30
November 04 2016 17:09 GMT
#497
On November 05 2016 02:07 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2016 02:03 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 05 2016 02:01 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:57 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 Elentos wrote:
On November 05 2016 01:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
I should have started way earlier with this and not one day before the event.

Literally me before every exam/test I've ever taken.

Well the shitpost isn't as important as that Also people saying that usually lie
Ah yeah i will need the full two hours though i think, no way i make it in one because i still lack the final ideas :/

It is only a slight exaggeration. I started learning in advance for some things (like the final Math exam in school), but most of the time I either started the day before or didn't learn at all.

But if you need inspiration, you're surrounded by the cream of the crap of shitposting.

I need narrative ideas tbh, the Zest vs Stats one isn't there yet :/

What kind of narratives are you looking for? Is former teammates, good friends (also for the fun of let's not rule out secret lovers) fighting to the death not the kind of thing you're looking for?

It needs to be crazy but make sense in a weird way (the secret lover thing would work but i already use that soemwhere else, kinda). Hard to explain without spoiling the stuff i already have.
But yeah i need to go back to "work" or i simply won't be able to post anything.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-04 17:10:21
November 04 2016 17:09 GMT
#498
I don't think Neeb's PvZ is solid enough to take down Dark, but I'll certainly root for him.

He needs to take him down hard on a strategical level, because it's no contest, in my opinion, when it comes to sheer execution.
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
November 04 2016 17:10 GMT
#499
On November 05 2016 02:08 Shellshock wrote:
what would be the saltiest result of the ro8?

I will never stop whining if Neeb beats Dark.
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
November 04 2016 17:11 GMT
#500
this tournament would be so much more hype if instead of 3 foreigners there would be 3 high level koreans. now half of the games will probably be trash. expect the viewercount to be low.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 350 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister1062
Lowko298
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee52
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Replay Cast
12h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.