• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9940 users

[IEM] Season IX - Toronto Day 4 - Page 203

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 206 Next
Please stop making stupid polls just for the sake of making polls.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 01 2014 08:17 GMT
#4041
flash won a tournament
Writer
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
September 01 2014 08:56 GMT
#4042
uuu h flash YES
The heart's eternal vow
icydergosu
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
528 Posts
September 01 2014 09:13 GMT
#4043
THE FLASH IS BACK.
I am the Punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
September 01 2014 09:19 GMT
#4044
Despite all the variance in this game, the best player in the world had to win one eventually.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
nighcol
Profile Joined January 2012
298 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-01 09:28:31
September 01 2014 09:24 GMT
#4045
On September 01 2014 18:19 Scarecrow wrote:
Despite all the variance in this game, the best player in the world had to win one eventually.


Really? Is his recent win stream also just "variance" and he was always just as good? To me it shows that it can be a lot of work to get there even for those who obviously are among the most talented and Flash, just like Jaedong, is able to put in that work.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
September 01 2014 09:25 GMT
#4046
On September 01 2014 15:14 RandomPlayer wrote:
front page spoiler.. this site never fails to upset

This is a news page. What do you expect?
first we make expand, then we defense it.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
September 01 2014 09:43 GMT
#4047
Pity I couldn't watch the grand final live, but I managed to avoid getting spoiled and just finished watching the vods.

So happy that Flash finally has a championship, that win against Parting in the Proleague final really seems to have done great things for his confidence.

Protip for the guy above: don't log on to TL if you don't want to get spoiled, just Google "SC2 small vod thread" directly and don't look at the left side of the page.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3773 Posts
September 01 2014 10:04 GMT
#4048
On September 01 2014 17:13 riyanme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 12:54 riyanme wrote:
the finals should only be
ZEST vs FLASH

One of the firsts to believe!
I hope flash wins the next tournas he'll be into. We need to proclaim his status BONJWA on
sc2 and starcraft in general.

lol, he was never in Ro8 in GSL, he was once in Ro8 in OSL looong time ago and you're jumping with "Bonjwa"? One IEM title does not a Bonjwa canadidate make.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
September 01 2014 10:30 GMT
#4049
On September 01 2014 18:25 virpi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2014 15:14 RandomPlayer wrote:
front page spoiler.. this site never fails to upset

This is a news page. What do you expect?


spoilers can be turned off, lul
maru lover forever
thirtyapm
Profile Joined January 2012
521 Posts
September 01 2014 10:33 GMT
#4050
so happy for you flash, good job
qotsager
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany585 Posts
September 01 2014 10:39 GMT
#4051
On September 01 2014 19:30 Incognoto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2014 18:25 virpi wrote:
On September 01 2014 15:14 RandomPlayer wrote:
front page spoiler.. this site never fails to upset

This is a news page. What do you expect?


spoilers can be turned off, lul


but he doesnt know that, so let him wallow in self-pity.
***Official ABL Winner 2013***
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-01 12:29:42
September 01 2014 10:58 GMT
#4052
On September 01 2014 01:34 PassionFruit wrote:
That translator just putting his own shit into the translation to make it more hyped. Da fuq is wrong with him?

Edit: I speak Korean.

Amazing event in almost all aspects but I really want to leave some feedback for IEM on the translating. It was really irritating to see progamers being misrepresented in one of their few avenues to communicate with the fans. I want to hear what Flash/Zest etc think, not what @SC2Mal thinks will entertain us.

Zest vs Yoda He claimed Zest said that the series was a 20 in terms of ease on a scale of 1-10 (a huge diss on Yoda). Except the scale was only established after Zest finished speaking.

ZestLife vs Snute He translated "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg" into "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg PLUS a foreigner"

Flash vs Taeja "There's no I in team," is not a Korean saying.

"I feel I have an advantage in the lategame vs Taeja" was translated as "I think my macro was a lot godlier than the Taejas."

This is only from the interviews I've seen and confirmed with a korean speaker. Considering his strike rate I wouldn't be surprised if all his interviews are littered with invented smack talk and storytelling.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
vjcamarena
Profile Joined October 2013
Spain493 Posts
September 01 2014 11:03 GMT
#4053
FLASHUUUUUU glad to have you destroy nerds. It's what you were born to do.

Gogogo Flash in Blizzcon!
Mvp and ForGG! - Vortix FTW - Never forget Lucifron
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
September 01 2014 11:13 GMT
#4054
On September 01 2014 19:04 nimdil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2014 17:13 riyanme wrote:
On August 31 2014 12:54 riyanme wrote:
the finals should only be
ZEST vs FLASH

One of the firsts to believe!
I hope flash wins the next tournas he'll be into. We need to proclaim his status BONJWA on
sc2 and starcraft in general.

lol, he was never in Ro8 in GSL, he was once in Ro8 in OSL looong time ago and you're jumping with "Bonjwa"? One IEM title does not a Bonjwa canadidate make.

Good thing he said nothing about Flash being bonjwa after a single tournament win.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
September 01 2014 11:37 GMT
#4055
On September 01 2014 19:58 Scarecrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2014 01:34 PassionFruit wrote:
That translator just putting his own shit into the translation to make it more hyped. Da fuq is wrong with him?

Edit: I speak Korean.

Amazing event in almost all aspects but I really want to leave some feedback for IEM on the translating. It was really irritating to see progamers being misrepresented in one of their few avenues to communicate with the fans. I want to hear what Flash/Zest etc think, not what @SC2Mal thinks will entertain us.

Zest vs Yoda He claimed Zest said that the series was a 20 in terms of ease on a scale of 1-10 (a huge diss on Yoda). Except the scale was only established after Zest finished speaking.

Zest vs Snute He translated "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg" into "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg PLUS a foreigner"

Flash vs Taeja "There's no I in team," is not a Korean saying.

"I feel I have an advantage in the lategame vs Taeja" was translated as "I think my macro was a lot godlier than the Taejas."

This is only from the interviews I've seen and confirmed with a korean speaker. Considering his strike rate I wouldn't be surprised if all his interviews are littered with invented smack talk and storytelling.


Disappointing to hear. Especially since the guy goes from both languages so fluidly a lot of people just assume he's an awesome translator.

I guess Chobra's still the best? (Not a Korean speaker so I just go with what others who are bilingual say).
odem
Profile Joined August 2011
143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-01 12:06:41
September 01 2014 12:00 GMT
#4056
On September 01 2014 19:58 Scarecrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2014 01:34 PassionFruit wrote:
That translator just putting his own shit into the translation to make it more hyped. Da fuq is wrong with him?

Edit: I speak Korean.

Amazing event in almost all aspects but I really want to leave some feedback for IEM on the translating. It was really irritating to see progamers being misrepresented in one of their few avenues to communicate with the fans. I want to hear what Flash/Zest etc think, not what @SC2Mal thinks will entertain us.

Zest vs Yoda He claimed Zest said that the series was a 20 in terms of ease on a scale of 1-10 (a huge diss on Yoda). Except the scale was only established after Zest finished speaking.

Zest vs Snute He translated "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg" into "I didn't really care who I face but was happy it was versus a Zerg PLUS a foreigner"

Flash vs Taeja "There's no I in team," is not a Korean saying.

"I feel I have an advantage in the lategame vs Taeja" was translated as "I think my macro was a lot godlier than the Taejas."

This is only from the interviews I've seen and confirmed with a korean speaker. Considering his strike rate I wouldn't be surprised if all his interviews are littered with invented smack talk and storytelling.


It's kinda funny that exactly these two (zest vs yoda and flash vs taeja) quotes from you were also the ones were i was wondering if the korean shy and respectful gestures are just a habit and in the actual talking they wouldnt mind to smack talk lol

thx for pointing that out, i was confused :D


i think the translator was just a bit too eager and trying to show that he can do a good job. so i guess he meant it in a funny/ entertaining way. if it was kinda without thinking if its appropriate nvm, it happens with the flow. lets hope he can still improve his professionalty if someone lets him know^^
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-01 12:35:14
September 01 2014 12:30 GMT
#4057
thank you flash for this "flash build" as you showed in every TvP and TvZ at iem toronto and iem kr qualifier. I am offracing terran, 15 times 200/200 at 14min. 20games, 19wins, 1 loss (vs dts, clicked on mules instead of scan -.-).

I need VOD or replay from his last game vs Zest (4 CC at 10min).

Edit: I found the thread, I thought that thread is without Day4.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
September 01 2014 12:55 GMT
#4058
congrats
AKMU / IU
Loccstana
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States833 Posts
September 01 2014 14:35 GMT
#4059
Flash needs to stream on Twitch. He can easily top 10k viewers
[url]http://i.imgur.com/lw2yN.jpg[/url]
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
September 01 2014 14:56 GMT
#4060
I just watched most of Snute's replays and I really have to say that his mechanics are top notch. His whole hotkey setup is thought out very well, his map awareness and macro are superb. I still remember when he just was starting to make a name for himself in 2012 on his stream - he used crazy strategies and lots of surprise attacks, but was very vulnerable to opponents who didn't fall for those tricks, mostly due to his lackluster mechanics. Now he seems to have overcome this weakness, while still maintaining an unique playstyle. Hard work surely pays off!
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 206 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 207
hero 166
sorry 42
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Counter-Strike
taco 482
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9850
Maynarde193
RuFF_SC2147
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick479
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Rush1197
• Stunt264
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 9m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.