• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

[IEM] Cologne Day 4 - Ro8, Ro4 and Grand Finals - Page 143

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 444 Next
Okay calm down folks, stop balance whining or the bans are going to get long.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
February 16 2014 17:46 GMT
#2841
On February 17 2014 02:44 Abominous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:43 NarutO wrote:
So hard to be a fan of INnoVation sometimes;;

Try being a JD fan, I gave up on him like 20 times this weekend only and the guy keeps proving me wrong :D

Not to mention he sometimes does this unstoppable runs in tourney's. Hypes you up so much that you drop your guards and then he just hits you while you are vulnerable by losing so horribly in the grand finals.

this is a quote
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 16 2014 17:46 GMT
#2842
On February 17 2014 02:45 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:43 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:41 KelsierSC wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:39 goody153 wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:37 KelsierSC wrote:
I am really surprised how much people like discussing balance rather than enjoying epic games.

For me the fun in this game comes from talking about cool shit and awesome games
rather than random balance discussion which I don't understand because I am not a pro.

Actually there wasn't balance discussion much and this thread was pretty neat. Until hero decided to cheese innovation 2 times hell broke lose.


Yeh I wasn't specifically targetting this thread it just seems to happen a lot.

I mean I am trying to avoid reddit and I never go on twitch chat because of the balance whine and TL is usually a bit more reasonable.

It just surprises me that people still enjoy discussing balance rather than epic shit

Well, that last series was anything but epic lol

For the rest of the day I've been too busy jizzing over all the amazing games haha


game 3 was fucking cool man, action in both bases and a cool base trade.

Hero came out ahead but then it looked like innovation could bring it back and he was microing his heart out.
Hero battled and managed to push it back but it was still an epic game

Nah, I *hate* base trade games with a passion. I think they're incredibly dumb, and it generally means both players screwed up so bad that it even got to that point in the first place.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 16 2014 17:46 GMT
#2843
On February 17 2014 02:45 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:43 The_Templar wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:42 Muffloe wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:41 Lorning wrote:
ugh Apollo, that blazer is awful

I've never understood TL's obsession with clothes

Clothes make the man.
For example I'm wearing pajamas right now

I'm not wearing any clothes right now. What kind of man am I?

you... are nothing?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
February 16 2014 17:47 GMT
#2844
On February 17 2014 02:46 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:46 Lorning wrote:
But RedeYe, Flash is the King of wings

How on earth did you score over 200 comments in TL in just under 24 hours?

Managing 2 IEM threads in 2 days does that kinda stuff to you
Community News
TL+ Member
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 17:48:46
February 16 2014 17:47 GMT
#2845
On February 17 2014 02:45 Eliezar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:33 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:30 DaedricTV wrote:
Why are people even arguing about this?

Innovation played worst in every game and lost 3-0, that's the way it's meant to be.


At present terrans are feeling like they're playing coinflips against Protoss, except the coin has 8 sides and they need to call the right one or they die. Also sometimes they die anyway

Frankly it's hard to blame them for feeling that way and this series didn't do much to dispel that since 2 games were flatout cheese.


Polt had no problem being in defensive positions in case of Oracles without skipping 2 barracks and building a turret blindly. Just bad bad bad StarCraft...gold level players blindly build defensive structures for no reason like that.

The *only* strat that Innovation prepared for in game 1 was Oracle...his opening was bad against most any other reasonable strat..

6 marines in your mineral line...that's all it takes to be safe against an oracle.

disregard, I misread in haste
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
February 16 2014 17:47 GMT
#2846
On February 17 2014 02:45 Eliezar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:33 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:30 DaedricTV wrote:
Why are people even arguing about this?

Innovation played worst in every game and lost 3-0, that's the way it's meant to be.


At present terrans are feeling like they're playing coinflips against Protoss, except the coin has 8 sides and they need to call the right one or they die. Also sometimes they die anyway

Frankly it's hard to blame them for feeling that way and this series didn't do much to dispel that since 2 games were flatout cheese.


Polt had no problem being in defensive positions in case of Oracles without skipping 2 barracks and building a turret blindly. Just bad bad bad StarCraft...gold level players blindly build defensive structures for no reason like that.

The *only* strat that Innovation prepared for in game 1 was Oracle...his opening was bad against most any other reasonable strat..

6 marines in your mineral line...that's all it takes to be safe against an oracle.


So we are talking about Innovation as a gold league scrub now?

Seriously I am out of here because I dont want to get banned.

Cya guys if we have TvZ finals.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 16 2014 17:47 GMT
#2847
On February 17 2014 02:46 Heartland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:45 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 The_Templar wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:42 Muffloe wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:41 Lorning wrote:
ugh Apollo, that blazer is awful

I've never understood TL's obsession with clothes

Clothes make the man.
For example I'm wearing pajamas right now

I'm not wearing any clothes right now. What kind of man am I?


You're not a man. You're a bear.

Can I be both? As well as a pig?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
February 16 2014 17:48 GMT
#2848
On February 17 2014 02:46 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:44 Abominous wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 NarutO wrote:
So hard to be a fan of INnoVation sometimes;;

Try being a JD fan, I gave up on him like 20 times this weekend only and the guy keeps proving me wrong :D

Not to mention he sometimes does this unstoppable runs in tourney's. Hypes you up so much that you drop your guards and then he just hits you while you are vulnerable by losing so horribly in the grand finals.



He is the more consistent Bomber.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
February 16 2014 17:48 GMT
#2849
Poll: Head?

Rain! (29)
 
59%

Polt! (20)
 
41%

49 total votes

Your vote: Head?

(Vote): Polt!
(Vote): Rain!


Poll: Heart?

Polt! (42)
 
74%

Rain! (15)
 
26%

57 total votes

Your vote: Heart?

(Vote): Polt!
(Vote): Rain!

Community News
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 16 2014 17:48 GMT
#2850
On February 17 2014 02:45 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:41 bo1b wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:39 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:36 bo1b wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:35 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:34 Squat wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:28 Xinzoe wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:27 Godwrath wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:26 pmp10 wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:25 eurTsItniH wrote:
A PvP final is pretty likely isn't it?

Was JD looking bad against Patience?
Didn't see the games.

I am confident on JD destroying hero.


Only if JD takes his jacket off.

JD actually has a pretty good track record against Hero, which is weird since Hero, at least on paper seems like a player who would give JD fits.

I don't know, JD has looked thoroughly unimpressive so far in HotS, but if he can beat Patience, he should be able to beat Hero.

Have you been watching a different JD the last 6 months or so than the rest of us...?

He's looked unimpressive for majority of games in 2014 at least, and early 2013 he looked fucking horrid vs protoss, and every zerg was losing vT for a while. So he's kind of right

Again...have you people been watching a completely different JD than the rest of us? His vP has improved *drastically* so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up.
I will agree that his previous tournament he looked completely off, but the entire second half of 2013 was pretty much complete ownage from him, and he's back on form this tournament. I don't really understand how you can argue.

What part of early 2013 = second half of 2013

edit: I have no fucking clue what I'm doing with this apparently

Yeah, but it wasn't really the first half. He had a very succesful year overall. Actually it was even more impressive because of how he started it.

I was predicting jd to win wcs s2 before the season had even started. I know just how impressive it was, and that prediction was frankly ridiculous considering his play vs protoss at the time.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
February 16 2014 17:48 GMT
#2851
On February 17 2014 02:48 shabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:46 goody153 wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:44 Abominous wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 NarutO wrote:
So hard to be a fan of INnoVation sometimes;;

Try being a JD fan, I gave up on him like 20 times this weekend only and the guy keeps proving me wrong :D

Not to mention he sometimes does this unstoppable runs in tourney's. Hypes you up so much that you drop your guards and then he just hits you while you are vulnerable by losing so horribly in the grand finals.



He is the more consistent Bomber.


So what's the Dong Law?
kiss kiss fall in love
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2852
On February 17 2014 02:47 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:46 Heartland wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:45 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 The_Templar wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:42 Muffloe wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:41 Lorning wrote:
ugh Apollo, that blazer is awful

I've never understood TL's obsession with clothes

Clothes make the man.
For example I'm wearing pajamas right now

I'm not wearing any clothes right now. What kind of man am I?


You're not a man. You're a bear.

Can I be both? As well as a pig?

Excelsior!
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2853
I wonder if Rain knows Polt is a Prime Terran

I bet he shits his pants if he finds out
Community News
TL+ Member
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2854
On February 17 2014 02:48 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:45 Godwrath wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:41 bo1b wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:39 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:36 bo1b wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:35 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:34 Squat wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:28 Xinzoe wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:27 Godwrath wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:26 pmp10 wrote:
[quote]
Was JD looking bad against Patience?
Didn't see the games.

I am confident on JD destroying hero.


Only if JD takes his jacket off.

JD actually has a pretty good track record against Hero, which is weird since Hero, at least on paper seems like a player who would give JD fits.

I don't know, JD has looked thoroughly unimpressive so far in HotS, but if he can beat Patience, he should be able to beat Hero.

Have you been watching a different JD the last 6 months or so than the rest of us...?

He's looked unimpressive for majority of games in 2014 at least, and early 2013 he looked fucking horrid vs protoss, and every zerg was losing vT for a while. So he's kind of right

Again...have you people been watching a completely different JD than the rest of us? His vP has improved *drastically* so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up.
I will agree that his previous tournament he looked completely off, but the entire second half of 2013 was pretty much complete ownage from him, and he's back on form this tournament. I don't really understand how you can argue.

What part of early 2013 = second half of 2013

edit: I have no fucking clue what I'm doing with this apparently

Yeah, but it wasn't really the first half. He had a very succesful year overall. Actually it was even more impressive because of how he started it.

I was predicting jd to win wcs s2 before the season had even started. I know just how impressive it was, and that prediction was frankly ridiculous considering his play vs protoss at the time.

Yet somehow that translates to "JD has been thoroughly unimpressive in HotS. Wat.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2855
On February 17 2014 02:48 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:48 shabby wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:46 goody153 wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:44 Abominous wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 NarutO wrote:
So hard to be a fan of INnoVation sometimes;;

Try being a JD fan, I gave up on him like 20 times this weekend only and the guy keeps proving me wrong :D

Not to mention he sometimes does this unstoppable runs in tourney's. Hypes you up so much that you drop your guards and then he just hits you while you are vulnerable by losing so horribly in the grand finals.



He is the more consistent Bomber.


So what's the Dong Law?

Get second every tournament you enter.
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2856
dat Polt smirk

I can feel the win
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
February 16 2014 17:49 GMT
#2857
On February 17 2014 02:48 shabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 02:46 goody153 wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:44 Abominous wrote:
On February 17 2014 02:43 NarutO wrote:
So hard to be a fan of INnoVation sometimes;;

Try being a JD fan, I gave up on him like 20 times this weekend only and the guy keeps proving me wrong :D

Not to mention he sometimes does this unstoppable runs in tourney's. Hypes you up so much that you drop your guards and then he just hits you while you are vulnerable by losing so horribly in the grand finals.



He is the more consistent Bomber.

More like a zerg Bomber.
this is a quote
THELEHGOTERRAN
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1837 Posts
February 16 2014 17:50 GMT
#2858
Whoever wins this series win the tourney IMO
IMMVP // HIKARU NAKAMURA // DEREK JETER // GARETH BALE
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
February 16 2014 17:50 GMT
#2859
On February 17 2014 02:49 Lorning wrote:
I wonder if Rain knows Polt is a Prime Terran

I bet he shits his pants if he finds out

someone has to tell him
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
illidanx
Profile Joined November 2011
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 17:50:56
February 16 2014 17:50 GMT
#2860
Go go RAIN

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Die-hard KeSPA fan
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 444 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 193
ProTech157
JuggernautJason62
CosmosSc2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 755
White-Ra 199
Dewaltoss 103
Hyuk 92
firebathero 74
Trap 49
Sacsri 23
Bale 15
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
qojqva1404
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3525
Khaldor1145
crisheroes1072
Liquid`Hasu533
Other Games
summit1g5498
FrodaN1760
XBOCT265
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS167
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 24m
Online Event
15h 24m
FEL
20h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.