• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9177 users

[IEM] Cologne Day 3 - Groups C & D - Page 36

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 127 Next
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
February 15 2014 14:34 GMT
#701
On February 15 2014 23:19 Nirel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:14 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:13 ACrow wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:12 Noonius wrote:
why hasn't MaNa found a new team yet? With games like that, it shouldn't be a problem for him to find a team

and he is well spoken, funny and marketable - actually he is exactly what teams should be looking for in a foreign player.

I think the main reason is, that he is also pretty expensive, as one of the top-5 foreign players of all time.

I don't think top 5 all time though: Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, Idra, Huk, Scarlett...

I know, I´m pretty late to the party, but since I was watching the game at that time, I´m responding now:
Stephano and Nani are pretty much without a doubt the top 2. HuK has won 3 premiers, so I put him in as well. After that, there are 4 guys with 2 premiers: MaNa, Nerchio, ThorZaIN, Idra. Of those, Nerchio won by far the most money and MaNa has the most overall medals, so I put them in as well. Neither Scarlett or Sen has ever won a premier, so they still have some way to go.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 15 2014 14:34 GMT
#702
Wasn't Take talking about how Mana will find a team very quickly? Guess whatever talks have happened didn't work out as planned.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 15 2014 14:35 GMT
#703
On February 15 2014 23:34 Hopelessnoob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:32 stuchiu wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:31 opterown wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:30 Hopelessnoob wrote:
Polt will crush Mana i think...
But Mana used to have best PvT in europe. He was crazy good. He may have a chance.
JD may lsoe to Stardust which results in a possible mana vs Stardust match which is PvP so Mana could win

mana 2-0 puma never forget


I only remember Mana vs Firecake now.

I gave up wanting to watch that game when i read it was hours long. I think its the right desicion.
But i watched almost the whole Soulkey vs patience game though...

reality?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
kckkryptonite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1126 Posts
February 15 2014 14:35 GMT
#704
I love Tod's bandwagoner commentating.
RIP avilo, qxc keyboard 2013, RIP Nathanis keyboard 2014
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 15 2014 14:36 GMT
#705
On February 15 2014 23:34 Xoronius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:19 Nirel wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:14 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:13 ACrow wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:12 Noonius wrote:
why hasn't MaNa found a new team yet? With games like that, it shouldn't be a problem for him to find a team

and he is well spoken, funny and marketable - actually he is exactly what teams should be looking for in a foreign player.

I think the main reason is, that he is also pretty expensive, as one of the top-5 foreign players of all time.

I don't think top 5 all time though: Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, Idra, Huk, Scarlett...

I know, I´m pretty late to the party, but since I was watching the game at that time, I´m responding now:
Stephano and Nani are pretty much without a doubt the top 2. HuK has won 3 premiers, so I put him in as well. After that, there are 4 guys with 2 premiers: MaNa, Nerchio, ThorZaIN, Idra. Of those, Nerchio won by far the most money and MaNa has the most overall medals, so I put them in as well. Neither Scarlett or Sen has ever won a premier, so they still have some way to go.

it's a bit unfair though since scarlett became good at a time where foreigners were very far behind (the others were relevant when foreigeners could match up against koreans more evenly), and sen has had far fewer opportunities to win premiers than the others.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
HystericaLaughter
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia720 Posts
February 15 2014 14:36 GMT
#706
On February 15 2014 23:35 kckkryptonite wrote:
I love Tod's bandwagoner commentating.


What exactly does this mean?
My wife for hire! - Zealot
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
February 15 2014 14:36 GMT
#707
On February 15 2014 23:33 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:31 opterown wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:30 Hopelessnoob wrote:
Polt will crush Mana i think...
But Mana used to have best PvT in europe. He was crazy good. He may have a chance.
JD may lsoe to Stardust which results in a possible mana vs Stardust match which is PvP so Mana could win

mana 2-0 puma never forget


Depending on when the game was played, that is quite an achievement! :o

It was during the same IEM, in which Puma won 3-0 against MC in the final. And even before that, MaNa made NaDa look like a 2nd tier foreigner at Assembly. It was beautiful.
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
February 15 2014 14:37 GMT
#708
Mana won't stay teamless for long.
NaldoR
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore2198 Posts
February 15 2014 14:37 GMT
#709
On February 15 2014 23:35 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:34 Hopelessnoob wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:32 stuchiu wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:31 opterown wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:30 Hopelessnoob wrote:
Polt will crush Mana i think...
But Mana used to have best PvT in europe. He was crazy good. He may have a chance.
JD may lsoe to Stardust which results in a possible mana vs Stardust match which is PvP so Mana could win

mana 2-0 puma never forget


I only remember Mana vs Firecake now.

I gave up wanting to watch that game when i read it was hours long. I think its the right desicion.
But i watched almost the whole Soulkey vs patience game though...

reality?

oops yeah; i wonder what i was thinking when i typed that.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 14:37:51
February 15 2014 14:37 GMT
#710
On February 15 2014 23:34 Xoronius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:19 Nirel wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:14 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:13 ACrow wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:12 Noonius wrote:
why hasn't MaNa found a new team yet? With games like that, it shouldn't be a problem for him to find a team

and he is well spoken, funny and marketable - actually he is exactly what teams should be looking for in a foreign player.

I think the main reason is, that he is also pretty expensive, as one of the top-5 foreign players of all time.

I don't think top 5 all time though: Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, Idra, Huk, Scarlett...

I know, I´m pretty late to the party, but since I was watching the game at that time, I´m responding now:
Stephano and Nani are pretty much without a doubt the top 2. HuK has won 3 premiers, so I put him in as well. After that, there are 4 guys with 2 premiers: MaNa, Nerchio, ThorZaIN, Idra. Of those, Nerchio won by far the most money and MaNa has the most overall medals, so I put them in as well. Neither Scarlett or Sen has ever won a premier, so they still have some way to go.


Sen's multiple 3rd place finishes (Most notably at NASL's and Blizzcons) and his 1st at ESL this year are more impressive than most of the wins Mana, Nerchio and Idra ever had.
Moderator
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
February 15 2014 14:38 GMT
#711
On February 15 2014 23:37 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:34 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:19 Nirel wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:14 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:13 ACrow wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:12 Noonius wrote:
why hasn't MaNa found a new team yet? With games like that, it shouldn't be a problem for him to find a team

and he is well spoken, funny and marketable - actually he is exactly what teams should be looking for in a foreign player.

I think the main reason is, that he is also pretty expensive, as one of the top-5 foreign players of all time.

I don't think top 5 all time though: Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, Idra, Huk, Scarlett...

I know, I´m pretty late to the party, but since I was watching the game at that time, I´m responding now:
Stephano and Nani are pretty much without a doubt the top 2. HuK has won 3 premiers, so I put him in as well. After that, there are 4 guys with 2 premiers: MaNa, Nerchio, ThorZaIN, Idra. Of those, Nerchio won by far the most money and MaNa has the most overall medals, so I put them in as well. Neither Scarlett or Sen has ever won a premier, so they still have some way to go.


Sen's multiple 3rd place finishes (Most notably at NASL's and Blizzcons) and his 1st at ESL this year are more impressive than most of the wins Mana, Nerchio and Idra ever had.

ECL I believe

but yeah, Sen should be the #3 foreigner or so
jjakji fan
kckkryptonite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1126 Posts
February 15 2014 14:39 GMT
#712
I hope LotV adds more hero units, they make the game deeper and the micro is so exciting to watch. T could have the Science Vessel and Z could get the Overmind.
RIP avilo, qxc keyboard 2013, RIP Nathanis keyboard 2014
Epamynondas
Profile Joined September 2012
387 Posts
February 15 2014 14:39 GMT
#713
On February 15 2014 23:32 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:31 opterown wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:30 Hopelessnoob wrote:
Polt will crush Mana i think...
But Mana used to have best PvT in europe. He was crazy good. He may have a chance.
JD may lsoe to Stardust which results in a possible mana vs Stardust match which is PvP so Mana could win

mana 2-0 puma never forget


I only remember Mana vs Firecake now.

To be fair, that game DOES take a lot of memory space.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 15 2014 14:41 GMT
#714
Aligulac has polt at 73% to beat Mana in a BO3. Argh!
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
mycro
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1579 Posts
February 15 2014 14:42 GMT
#715
Damn I missed MaNa vs Jaedong, was it good?
Nirel
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel1526 Posts
February 15 2014 14:42 GMT
#716
On February 15 2014 23:39 kckkryptonite wrote:
I hope LotV adds more hero units, they make the game deeper and the micro is so exciting to watch. T could have the Science Vessel and Z could get the Overmind.

Khaldor would agree with you, he just uploaded a video about that, I personally dislike hero units.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 14:43:20
February 15 2014 14:43 GMT
#717
On February 15 2014 23:41 Mozdk wrote:
Aligulac has polt at 73% to beat Mana in a BO3. Argh!


Polt is weak against Soul Trains and Soul Planes. If Mana realizes this, he could win.
Moderator
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
February 15 2014 14:43 GMT
#718
On February 15 2014 23:36 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 23:34 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:19 Nirel wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:14 Xoronius wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:13 ACrow wrote:
On February 15 2014 23:12 Noonius wrote:
why hasn't MaNa found a new team yet? With games like that, it shouldn't be a problem for him to find a team

and he is well spoken, funny and marketable - actually he is exactly what teams should be looking for in a foreign player.

I think the main reason is, that he is also pretty expensive, as one of the top-5 foreign players of all time.

I don't think top 5 all time though: Stephano, Naniwa, Thorzain, Idra, Huk, Scarlett...

I know, I´m pretty late to the party, but since I was watching the game at that time, I´m responding now:
Stephano and Nani are pretty much without a doubt the top 2. HuK has won 3 premiers, so I put him in as well. After that, there are 4 guys with 2 premiers: MaNa, Nerchio, ThorZaIN, Idra. Of those, Nerchio won by far the most money and MaNa has the most overall medals, so I put them in as well. Neither Scarlett or Sen has ever won a premier, so they still have some way to go.

it's a bit unfair though since scarlett became good at a time where foreigners were very far behind (the others were relevant when foreigeners could match up against koreans more evenly), and sen has had far fewer opportunities to win premiers than the others.

You can´t give out those positions based on potential though. It´s unfortunate for those two, but until they win a premier, they can´t really compare to those, who have done it twice. On top of that, MaNa is also ahead in earnings in comparism to both of them, although both of them are massively ahead of their respective scenes and get a lot of money from american-only-tournaments/ early TeSL.
Abominous
Profile Joined March 2013
Croatia1625 Posts
February 15 2014 14:44 GMT
#719
So with Jaedong out of the tournament, give me someone to cheer for?
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
February 15 2014 14:44 GMT
#720
On February 15 2014 23:44 Abominous wrote:
So with Jaedong out of the tournament, give me someone to cheer for?


he isnt out
Moderator
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 127 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 620
Larva 140
NaDa 61
Leta 54
TT1 14
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 809
Other Games
summit1g10415
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1389
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Rush1122
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 59m
INu's Battles
7h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 59m
Replay Cast
18h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.