• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:47
CEST 19:47
KST 02:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7857 users

[WCS EU] Finals Day 2 Premier Season 2 2013 - Page 99

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 179 Next
Ok, the finals are on now. Stop derailing with complaints about WCS region system! - Begin page 109
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
August 11 2013 15:47 GMT
#1961
On August 12 2013 00:44 grs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:43 marcesr wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:39 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:37 marcesr wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:34 Lysanias wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:29 NarutO wrote:
So many people being upset is fully understandable, on the other hand them blaming Blizzard, Korea or playstyles is not. Duckdeok is an aggressive player and I personally enjoyed the WCS regional finals very much. PvP has become a match up that you can actually watch and thats very tense.

I was cheering for Grubby and obviously I'm a bit sad that neither Naniwa, HasuObs nor Grubby made it to the finals, but thats the life of a progamer. Now we got MC vs duckdeok which should be entertaining as well. Don't understand the hate towards Korea or duckdeok by any means. People that hate now should leave the scene, because they really are not needed.


I would fully agree with your post, but i think it's more frustration then hate.


Really? "People that hate now should leave the scene". Well then you will go back to BW times in 2 seconds.
A super nice and fun community but 2k viewers at max.

Not sure if thats what you want.


Oh so viewers is all that matters? I guess we better welcome a bunch of raging pre-teens and put up with all their whine and bullshit so we can have 200k viewers like LoL or whatever...

-_-


I dont know what your role in esport is but I assume that pretty much any professional would agree that viewer numbers are far more important than how "friendly" the community is.

My role in epsorts is a viewer and I prefer less viewers and less idiots.


Did you follow the BW scene? Because then you should know why more viewers is good for everyone.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 11 2013 15:47 GMT
#1962
On August 12 2013 00:46 Tobblish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:45 BigFan wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:42 Bowzar wrote:
Im more sad about how fucking bad foreigners are. Its pathetic.

cmon foreigners did pretty great this tourney. Heck, mvp was knocked out by foreigners!


It's different if you actually watched the games and not just looked up the score sadly =/

wait, is that for me or him? lol. I missed yesterday's game but watched most of RO16. Maybe a bit too much lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
winadil
Profile Joined January 2011
74 Posts
August 11 2013 15:47 GMT
#1963
Champions League blows nfl out of the water anyday of the week.
Plus there is a few Australian's kickers playing over there.
Most Americans don't understand how big football (soccer) really is in the world
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-11 15:51:49
August 11 2013 15:47 GMT
#1964
To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised that Grubby actually made it that far into the tournament! It's a pity he didn't make it to the WCS Europe finals, but he has plenty of time to prepare for Gamescom Cologne.

I don't really mind two Koreans duking it out in Europe. Duckdeok actually went through many of our finest players, so he deserves his spot in the finals. MC is MC, and is probably one of the most consistent Starcraft 2 players out there. I can't really think of many professional Starcraft 2 gamers that remained on his level throughout 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013. Apart from that, he's also pretty much the only Korean with a personality.

Edit: this edition of WCS Europe was even better than the previous one. I can only imagine where they'll go from here. Kaelaris, Apollo and Redeye really have a great chemistry going on between them.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 11 2013 15:48 GMT
#1965
On August 12 2013 00:46 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:44 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:43 marcesr wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:39 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:37 marcesr wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:34 Lysanias wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:29 NarutO wrote:
So many people being upset is fully understandable, on the other hand them blaming Blizzard, Korea or playstyles is not. Duckdeok is an aggressive player and I personally enjoyed the WCS regional finals very much. PvP has become a match up that you can actually watch and thats very tense.

I was cheering for Grubby and obviously I'm a bit sad that neither Naniwa, HasuObs nor Grubby made it to the finals, but thats the life of a progamer. Now we got MC vs duckdeok which should be entertaining as well. Don't understand the hate towards Korea or duckdeok by any means. People that hate now should leave the scene, because they really are not needed.


I would fully agree with your post, but i think it's more frustration then hate.


Really? "People that hate now should leave the scene". Well then you will go back to BW times in 2 seconds.
A super nice and fun community but 2k viewers at max.

Not sure if thats what you want.


Oh so viewers is all that matters? I guess we better welcome a bunch of raging pre-teens and put up with all their whine and bullshit so we can have 200k viewers like LoL or whatever...

-_-


I dont know what your role in esport is but I assume that pretty much any professional would agree that viewer numbers are far more important than how "friendly" the community is.


Oh you're one of those ESPORTS ESPORTS ESPORTS people. I see. Carry on then.


You are disrespecting all the incredibly hard working people in the scene who barely can make a living of what they do.


No I'm disrespecting "fans" who care more about viewercounts and epeens than about watching and enjoying the fucking game.

And don't try to claim some sort of moral highground here. I've been watching competitive gaming since the old Quake and Brood War days. And I know for a fact Brood War was successful in Korea without having to rely on catering to a bunch of whiny little brats to have a decent viewercount. ~_~
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
August 11 2013 15:48 GMT
#1966
On August 12 2013 00:47 winadil wrote:
Champions League blows nfl out of the water anyday of the week.
Plus there is a few Australian's kickers playing over there.
Most Americans don't understand how big football (soccer) really is in the world


If I wanted to see flopping, diving, and bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch the NBA and not soccer.
MrSourGit
Profile Joined August 2012
England135 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1967
On August 12 2013 00:27 Kergy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:24 MrSourGit wrote:
I am not going to watch 2 Koreans fight for my regions championship .... boring.

What a load of shit.

Should have to stick to your region ...... so so stupid. The largest spectator crowds are NA and EU right ? We wanna see our players ..... uhhhhh.

Ladder time.


well, tell them to l2p

finale has a new fan :D


Koreans are better , we all fkin know that , but for once i wanna see a competition won by OUR fking players .... on OUR fucking region ....

Oh fuck it , Next European football in 2016 , Why dont we just invite Brazil and Argentina ? Who gives a shit they aint from Europe !!!
Winston Churchill - ''I may be drunk, Miss , but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly'
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1968
Duckduck is the sniper of wsc eu
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1969
On August 12 2013 00:43 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:39 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:37 marcesr wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:34 Lysanias wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:29 NarutO wrote:
So many people being upset is fully understandable, on the other hand them blaming Blizzard, Korea or playstyles is not. Duckdeok is an aggressive player and I personally enjoyed the WCS regional finals very much. PvP has become a match up that you can actually watch and thats very tense.

I was cheering for Grubby and obviously I'm a bit sad that neither Naniwa, HasuObs nor Grubby made it to the finals, but thats the life of a progamer. Now we got MC vs duckdeok which should be entertaining as well. Don't understand the hate towards Korea or duckdeok by any means. People that hate now should leave the scene, because they really are not needed.


I would fully agree with your post, but i think it's more frustration then hate.


Really? "People that hate now should leave the scene". Well then you will go back to BW times in 2 seconds.
A super nice and fun community but 2k viewers at max.

Not sure if thats what you want.


Oh so viewers is all that matters? I guess we better welcome a bunch of raging pre-teens and put up with all their whine and bullshit so we can have 200k viewers like LoL or whatever...

-_-


I dont know what your role in esport is but I assume that pretty much any professional would agree that viewer numbers are far more important than how "friendly" the community is.


The popularity factor is key to sustaining a professional scene, where people actually get paid. Some sports are not popular and so the best in these sports may have to be amateur. BW players only got paid because there was sufficient popularity to support this. If no-one watches or goes to tournaments then how would tournament organisers find prize-money and why would sponsors even bother? Viewers and fans are fundamental to the success and viability of a professional scene. This should be obvious.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1970
On August 12 2013 00:48 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:47 winadil wrote:
Champions League blows nfl out of the water anyday of the week.
Plus there is a few Australian's kickers playing over there.
Most Americans don't understand how big football (soccer) really is in the world


If I wanted to see flopping, diving, and bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch the NBA and not soccer.

If I wanted to see bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch foreign starcraft
Glorious SEA doto
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1971
On August 12 2013 00:49 MrSourGit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:27 Kergy wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:24 MrSourGit wrote:
I am not going to watch 2 Koreans fight for my regions championship .... boring.

What a load of shit.

Should have to stick to your region ...... so so stupid. The largest spectator crowds are NA and EU right ? We wanna see our players ..... uhhhhh.

Ladder time.


well, tell them to l2p

finale has a new fan :D


Koreans are better , we all fkin know that , but for once i wanna see a competition won by OUR fking players .... on OUR fucking region ....

Oh fuck it , Next European football in 2016 , Why dont we just invite Brazil and Argentina ? Who gives a shit they aint from Europe !!!


woww so mad..
Heavenlee
Profile Joined April 2012
United States966 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1972
On August 12 2013 00:49 MrSourGit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:27 Kergy wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:24 MrSourGit wrote:
I am not going to watch 2 Koreans fight for my regions championship .... boring.

What a load of shit.

Should have to stick to your region ...... so so stupid. The largest spectator crowds are NA and EU right ? We wanna see our players ..... uhhhhh.

Ladder time.


well, tell them to l2p

finale has a new fan :D


Koreans are better , we all fkin know that , but for once i wanna see a competition won by OUR fking players .... on OUR fucking region ....

Oh fuck it , Next European football in 2016 , Why dont we just invite Brazil and Argentina ? Who gives a shit they aint from Europe !!!


Maybe your players should start winning their games then.
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1973
On August 12 2013 00:48 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:47 winadil wrote:
Champions League blows nfl out of the water anyday of the week.
Plus there is a few Australian's kickers playing over there.
Most Americans don't understand how big football (soccer) really is in the world


If I wanted to see flopping, diving, and bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch the NBA and not soccer.

USA USA USA!
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
Rassy
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2308 Posts
August 11 2013 15:49 GMT
#1974
Mc to win 4-1 i think
MrSourGit
Profile Joined August 2012
England135 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1975
On August 12 2013 00:28 Zheryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:22 MrSourGit wrote:
I am not going to watch 2 koreans fight out for EUROPEAN champion.....

Ladder time , boring , alwasy said it , stupid to allo


Yeah I'm not super interesting in watching two decent, but pretty uninteresting korean Protoss players play a bo7 either. Ladder timezz!


Exactly , We seen mass PvP already , now its 2 Koreans doing PvP . ladder time indeed my friend.
Winston Churchill - ''I may be drunk, Miss , but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly'
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1976
4-0 mc
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1977
On August 12 2013 00:49 Wildmoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:49 MrSourGit wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:27 Kergy wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:24 MrSourGit wrote:
I am not going to watch 2 Koreans fight for my regions championship .... boring.

What a load of shit.

Should have to stick to your region ...... so so stupid. The largest spectator crowds are NA and EU right ? We wanna see our players ..... uhhhhh.

Ladder time.


well, tell them to l2p

finale has a new fan :D


Koreans are better , we all fkin know that , but for once i wanna see a competition won by OUR fking players .... on OUR fucking region ....

Oh fuck it , Next European football in 2016 , Why dont we just invite Brazil and Argentina ? Who gives a shit they aint from Europe !!!


woww so mad..

this comment won't make him calm down.
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
KaneZ
Profile Joined June 2013
Germany202 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1978
On August 12 2013 00:34 jonich0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:32 revel8 wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:30 awesomoecalypse wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:26 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:20 Heinsenzerg wrote:
FUCK THIS GAME


Yeah... I might say the same.. I am usually against this "quitting SC2" drama but I am getting to a point were other esports are really entertaining and they have an upper hand in that they do not have 200 introverted Koreans winning everything...


MC is like the least introverted Korean on earth, and has significantly more personality than most foreigners as well. If one were to make a list of the progamers with the most personality, he'd have to be near the top.

And the whole "people should only play in their native region" argument is stupid. It's not like Premier League only features players native to the UK, or the only basketball players in the NBA are American. No sports league worth a damn excludes worthy players based on nationality, its sort of pathetic that some people want SC2 to be the lone exception.


The two biggest sporting events in the World are the Olympics and the World Cup. Do they care about nationality? Yes, they do.

the English Premier League is such a massive brand worldwide, exciting mix of talent / nationalities. imagine if all the club teams just had solely English players. hahaha that would be dire, no one would give a shit then.


Your argument is invalid. Clubs have to have a minium of 50% players of the nationality of the league. Something like that.
† Stephano †
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1979
On August 12 2013 00:49 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 00:48 Nick_54 wrote:
On August 12 2013 00:47 winadil wrote:
Champions League blows nfl out of the water anyday of the week.
Plus there is a few Australian's kickers playing over there.
Most Americans don't understand how big football (soccer) really is in the world


If I wanted to see flopping, diving, and bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch the NBA and not soccer.

If I wanted to see bitching by players the whole game I'd just watch foreign starcraft


Well said lol
Sokrates
Profile Joined May 2012
738 Posts
August 11 2013 15:50 GMT
#1980
I hope MC shits all over duckduck in the finals. I would be glad to see a 4-0.
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM756
TKL 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
ByuN 312
TKL 239
mouzHeroMarine 229
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18895
Calm 3021
Shuttle 1052
Horang2 463
Dewaltoss 128
Rush 101
Zeus 55
Free 46
sorry 31
Trap 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
Hm[arnc] 13
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Dendi1420
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5244
pashabiceps732
Fnx 650
x6flipin237
edward15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
singsing1897
Grubby1609
Liquid`RaSZi1486
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0284
crisheroes262
B2W.Neo253
420jenkins170
dupreeh169
IndyStarCraft 157
QueenE99
Trikslyr83
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH279
• EnkiAlexander 20
• Hinosc 16
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3406
• WagamamaTV586
League of Legends
• Nemesis2765
• TFBlade714
Other Games
• Shiphtur825
• imaqtpie523
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 13m
INu's Battles
17h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 13m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.