• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:25
CEST 20:25
KST 03:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8457 users

[Code A] RO36 Day 2 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 46

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 Next All
whatevername
Profile Joined June 2012
471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-11 15:49:11
October 11 2012 15:49 GMT
#901
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
October 11 2012 15:58 GMT
#902
MMA has always struggled against FXO zergs. Lucky and Leenock have given him a lot of trouble in the past as well.
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
October 11 2012 15:59 GMT
#903
The day the old guard died, jesus
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
October 11 2012 16:00 GMT
#904
On October 12 2012 00:49 whatevername wrote:
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.


Those old BW players who did bad in SC2 also were like 30 years old and their BW skills degenerated to the point where they got no playing time in proleague before they retired.
Koesader
Profile Joined April 2012
Netherlands424 Posts
October 11 2012 16:10 GMT
#905
Elephants! Elephants everywhere!
Liquid'TaeJa - Grubby - MVPMarineKing - Liquid'Ret - AxCranK - RedBull.Bomber ~~~ Are You Ready For Bombing?
whatevername
Profile Joined June 2012
471 Posts
October 11 2012 16:12 GMT
#906
On October 12 2012 01:00 tryummm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 00:49 whatevername wrote:
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.


Those old BW players who did bad in SC2 also were like 30 years old and their BW skills degenerated to the point where they got no playing time in proleague before they retired.
Not really, there are a host of bw players people just forget about, like Ace [hell gumiho tried sc2 for a while]. Like a third of all the b teamers and low level a teamers retired and went to sc2 initially and only a handful went anywhere.
Pocky52
Profile Joined November 2011
United States463 Posts
October 11 2012 16:23 GMT
#907
Dammit SuperNova don't do this to me
ElephantBaby
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1365 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-11 17:17:25
October 11 2012 16:27 GMT
#908
On October 12 2012 00:49 whatevername wrote:
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.


Fans always want to pin wins and loses to individual players, but actually it has a lot more to do with the system and environment they are training in. Look at Slayers right now, you will know how important that is.

It's the system, not just the talents. With big company sponsoring proleague teams, and their strict training scheme, by and large, they can produce more better players, ofc this assumes that nothing significant changes inside proleague teams from now on.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 11 2012 16:31 GMT
#909
I'm going to cry if Supernova doesn't make Code S, seriously. He has to
AdministratorBreak the chains
Zer atai
Profile Joined September 2011
United States691 Posts
October 11 2012 16:40 GMT
#910
Lol at when MMA came back and the caster said, "Looks like MMA is starting to play more Sirus now."


YEAHHHHHHH
Want to sport eSports? Disable adblock. P.S. En Taro Adun!!
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
October 11 2012 16:44 GMT
#911
On October 12 2012 00:49 whatevername wrote:
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.


If you actually follow BW, as in actually follow it rather than just knowing who the biggest names are, then you'd realize how ignorant your statement is. There are a lot of turnover in terms of the A-teamers of Kespa teams at any given time, due to incredible amount of competition. And many newer, younger Kespa players that are beasting in SC2 right now were just beginning to become SPL staples towards the end of the BW era.

Not to mention that the whole Elephant article did factor Kespa talent as a whole rather than individual players. Yeah, no kidding some players may not handle the transition as well as others. We are talking about different games, after all. But the idea that the sheer quantity and quality of RTS talent on Kespa teams, both players and overall team coaching/management/environment, are superior to current SC2 talent in and out of Korea is proving to be mostly true.
Meh
Atrain1982
Profile Joined March 2011
United States23 Posts
October 11 2012 17:07 GMT
#912
On October 12 2012 00:07 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 23:29 Atrain1982 wrote:
Dear Flash,

Thank you for realizing that your 90% winrate against Toss was detrimental to the future balance of HOTS. Taking one for the Terran team today is greatly appreciated by us low-tear terrans who struggle with TvP.



Was that a pun? (You know... 'cause crying?)


...um...sure ;- )
sinigang
Profile Joined August 2012
360 Posts
October 11 2012 17:37 GMT
#913
On October 12 2012 00:49 whatevername wrote:
I really hope this elephant thing goes away soon, its getting old. I do think the bw players have vastly superior mechanics etc, but realistically, a lot of REALLY good ex bw pros did a lot worse than youd expect, while bad players did better: Before sc2 if you told me forgg was going retire and try it, and so was Iron (mc) I would obviously have predicted FORGG would smash the scene. Hes done just fine but hes not destroying everyone. I definitely would of predicted Nada would do far better than Zergbong. I donno. I expect some bw players to reach top tier and kick others down, same with the mid and low tier, but I dont expect them to just wash everyone away.


hmmm.... elephant!
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
October 11 2012 17:45 GMT
#914
Looks like a new generation of players will soon take over the scene.

I'm little sad to watch players who once dominated like MMA, Bomber and Supernova to fall so easily.. it just doesn't feel right. Haha, maybe I'm just being nostalgic.
Chengakz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States163 Posts
October 11 2012 17:57 GMT
#915
Goodbye MMA... =(

Im not very familiar with the BW scene but seems like the names that I do hear (because people expect them to do well..as Ive heard from some forums here) have not fared very well in SC2...whereas the least expected or so-called B team in BW are the ones who are making it big in SC2. So far anyway. It must be quite surreal for the BW superstars after experiencing so much success.
For Aiur!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
October 11 2012 18:06 GMT
#916
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=374717

Interviews are up!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-11 18:51:10
October 11 2012 18:49 GMT
#917
On October 12 2012 00:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 00:38 sharkie wrote:
just out of curiosity why do people call Flash losing surprising or unexpected?
I don't see how there could have been any favourite in this match up. Flash's SC2 record has been ok at best so far.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/players/424_Flash


Because he is Flash and this is the SC2 community. Which means that he was destined to be overrated.

So being the best terran and also #1 bw player in the world is (according to your logic) "destined to be overrated". How about you post up his 70% win ratio bw record and explain to me how he's "overrated". I assume with your logic that MVP is overrated as well.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
October 11 2012 19:03 GMT
#918
MMA loses a TvZ, how far has he fallen

funny how some past top players have seriously dropped off

people still pushing the skill ceiling up
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Warlock40
Profile Joined September 2011
601 Posts
October 11 2012 19:07 GMT
#919
On October 12 2012 03:49 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 00:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On October 12 2012 00:38 sharkie wrote:
just out of curiosity why do people call Flash losing surprising or unexpected?
I don't see how there could have been any favourite in this match up. Flash's SC2 record has been ok at best so far.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/players/424_Flash


Because he is Flash and this is the SC2 community. Which means that he was destined to be overrated.

So being the best terran and also #1 bw player in the world is (according to your logic) "destined to be overrated". How about you post up his 70% win ratio bw record and explain to me how he's "overrated". I assume with your logic that MVP is overrated as well.


Overrated in SC2. When people expect him to deliver similarly spectacular results in SC2 based on how he did in BW (which is obviously no fair and not his fault), and he does not reach those levels, he has been overrated.
fakgfdgfdh
Profile Joined May 2012
79 Posts
October 11 2012 19:08 GMT
#920
On October 12 2012 00:38 sharkie wrote:
just out of curiosity why do people call Flash losing surprising or unexpected?
I don't see how there could have been any favourite in this match up. Flash's SC2 record has been ok at best so far.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/players/424_Flash

how cant you see that?

On October 12 2012 00:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 00:38 sharkie wrote:
just out of curiosity why do people call Flash losing surprising or unexpected?
I don't see how there could have been any favourite in this match up. Flash's SC2 record has been ok at best so far.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/players/424_Flash


Because he is Flash and this is the SC2 community. Which means that he was destined to be overrated.

and in exactly what way would that be overrating him
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 262
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 262
BRAT_OK 65
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc8258
febbydoto6
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1109
Liquid`Hasu781
Other Games
Grubby3089
FrodaN2527
fl0m1042
Beastyqt859
mouzStarbuck214
KnowMe189
Livibee181
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 74
• StrangeGG 52
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• 80smullet 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8833
• WagamamaTV325
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur313
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 36m
INu's Battles
17h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.