• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:25
CEST 22:25
KST 05:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10977 users

[Day 2] IEM Cologne 2012 - Groups A&B - Page 188

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 186 187 188
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-16 21:56:20
August 16 2012 21:56 GMT
#3741
Have I been watching a rebroadcast of somethign I've already watched for an hour?

edit: LOL I HAVE. WHAT A TARD.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
August 16 2012 22:02 GMT
#3742
Nerchio beat Puma, ForGG, Inori, but lost to SortOf and DeMuslim?

fakgfdgfdh
Profile Joined May 2012
79 Posts
August 16 2012 22:38 GMT
#3743
On August 17 2012 04:26 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:23 zefreak wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:21 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:12 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:03 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:01 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 03:59 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
On August 16 2012 22:39 ondik wrote:
It's pity Tasteless doesn't know much about foreign scene.. first the Sortof-Demuslim match where Demuslim definitely wasn't a favorite, now Nerchio-Forgg. He was talking as if Forgg was 80/20 favorite to win, while coming into the match Forgg was rather the underdog.

or not
so how much did you bet on him for 3 times the money


I bet $600 and made a nice profit. ^^

thats not how you profit. you profit from making good bets


And I make 65% correct bets silly. When you actually understands what constitutes a "favorite", it's easy to bet on this scene.

lol
yeah youre a profitable better mentioning a stat that says nothing. you know that all odds between players arent given at 2 times the money each right? how many bets have you made?
yes its all about understanding what constitutes a favourite to be profitable. could you tell me more about what constitutes a favourite? what were the odds in that match for example?


I have made 1912 career bets, getting 1191 bets correct. During the IEM group stages I have made 23 correct bets out of 29, only skipping Nestea vs Violet. The only mistake I made was predicting Inori to advance in the 2nd-3rd spot.

Personally I use a 15-category heuristic model of talent evaluation in conjunction with recent results, recent alterations to said model, tournament priority, situational experience, and the influence of inside information. Prestige and reputation are largely irrelevant unless they reflect said factors in action.


I think his point was that most bets are not offered at 1:1 odds.


Well, no shit. But that's not his point at all.

lol, how could that possibly not be my point, thats exactly what i said, that you made a useless comment that said nothing. then you actually repeated it. and now i find out you actually think that it wasnt my point

On August 17 2012 04:33 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:28 FairForever wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:26 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:23 zefreak wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:21 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:12 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:03 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:01 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On August 17 2012 03:59 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
[quote]
or not
so how much did you bet on him for 3 times the money


I bet $600 and made a nice profit. ^^

thats not how you profit. you profit from making good bets


And I make 65% correct bets silly. When you actually understands what constitutes a "favorite", it's easy to bet on this scene.

lol
yeah youre a profitable better mentioning a stat that says nothing. you know that all odds between players arent given at 2 times the money each right? how many bets have you made?
yes its all about understanding what constitutes a favourite to be profitable. could you tell me more about what constitutes a favourite? what were the odds in that match for example?


I have made 1912 career bets, getting 1191 bets correct. During the IEM group stages I have made 23 correct bets out of 29, only skipping Nestea vs Violet. The only mistake I made was predicting Inori to advance in the 2nd-3rd spot.

Personally I use a 15-category heuristic model of talent evaluation in conjunction with recent results, recent alterations to said model, tournament priority, situational experience, and the influence of inside information. Prestige and reputation are largely irrelevant unless they reflect said factors in action.


I think his point was that most bets are not offered at 1:1 odds.


Well, no shit.


His point then is still valid.

I could bet on Federer every match, win 80% of the time, and potentially be losing money.


And where does this hypothetical scenario ever fit into the conversation? He started an argument with someone else over a casting complaint, not the handicap on a website like Pinnacle Sports. Then I stated that I bet on Nerchio, he stated that the decision was not a smart one, and I disagreed.

probably fits into where you bragged about making 65% "correct" bets and how nonsense that statement is

On August 17 2012 05:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
try reading what i said again


I am correct for the majority of my bets, and make a good ROI off of them. That's all there is to say.

what there is to say is that your statement was nonsense

On August 17 2012 05:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
we were talking about betting, what is this about?


Admitting a mistake in my betting on this particular event.

you didnt bet that innori would come in 2-3
and thats not how a mistake is judged

On August 17 2012 05:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
how are they relevant at all and when are they ever relevant aside for opponents playing differently because of it


As the WCS is demonstrating, reputation alone can cause opponents to straight-up lose and make dumb mistakes.

proof?

On August 17 2012 05:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:But most betting odds are directly based on reputation, which I bothered to bring it up in the first place.

they are based on how likely someone judges a player to win is
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
August 16 2012 22:49 GMT
#3744
On August 17 2012 05:28 Dexington wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 05:27 KalWarkov wrote:
On August 17 2012 05:20 siii wrote:
A foreign terran past group stage? :D


well, almost 2, demuslim was pretty close and thorzain wasnt even there! :D


If Demuslim had won that super close game 3 against SortOf, he'd be through and SortOf wouldn't.


He was so close to winning that game you can sort of say that he is there.
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
August 16 2012 23:53 GMT
#3745
Sweet lord, Group A was really a close knife-fight to the death. I don't think I've seen many group stage result this close :\
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 01:19:01
August 17 2012 01:02 GMT
#3746
On August 17 2012 07:38 fakgfdgfdh wrote:

lol, how could that possibly not be my point, thats exactly what i said, that you made a useless comment that said nothing. then you actually repeated it. and now i find out you actually think that it wasnt my point


A useless comment in response to a useless point that I already know very well. The real question is, why did you assume that I didn't know that odds can be different for different players (WOW WHAT A DISCOVERY) in the first place?

Any betting man worth his salt knows that prediction rate is directly correlated with ROI, even if odds vary wildly from an ideal 1:1 (and that includes vigorish too). It is almost impossible to lose money with a 65% prediction rate unless

A. You bet the same amount of money on every single bet and only bet on heavily favored players.
B. You consistently bet a disproportionately large amount of money on heavily favored players and small amounts on the underdogs.

On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
you didnt bet that innori would come in 2-3
and thats not how a mistake is judged


I bet that Nerchio, ForGG, and Inori would advance past the bracket. Since Inori did not advance past the bracket, I lost money. This is what ordinary people call a mistake.

On August 17 2012 07:38 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
what there is to say is that your statement was nonsense


I've already disproved your silly statement.

On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
proof?


"I felt like if I were playing against another GSL player, the pressure would have been lesser."
-Gumiho after Winners Round 1 match vs Soulkey

"There are many Kespa players in the group, and that makes me stressed."
- Puzzle after Winners Round 2 match

"KeSPA players have a lot more televised match experiences than GSL players. So I think they are better experts at performing for televised matches than us."
-Creator after Winners Round 2 match

"I don't know if I'm simple or what but I didn't think that way. For some reason I seem to be less nervous for my WCS games than my ProLeague games. I felt like I had nothing to lose from playing against people who were better to begin with but I'm playing against GSL players like this during the WCS with a calm mind."
- herO[join] after Losers Round 1 match

The game had a lot of shakes and turns. It seems that when KeSPA players go up against GSL players, the KeSPA players have the advantage. GSL players' burden of losing to KeSPA players is heavy so if it goes all the way to the third game, that burden gets even heavier. In my case, I was able to play peacefully so I think I was able to make a comeback.
- Jaedong after Losers Round 1 match

"Truth be told, it feels like the GSL players are playing worse than usual, rather than me being better than them. I'm even beating players that I never thought I would when I was watching their matches."
- Jaedong after Losers Round 2 match

On August 17 2012 07:38 fakgfdgfdh wrote:

they are based on how likely someone judges a player to win is


And most of the time said judgments are made from incomplete information. This makes upsets seem random when many of them are predictable.

Go ahead and keeping my jock over the imaginary deficiencies you see in me. That will only confirm your fraudulence to everyone who reads your posts. You talk big when you can criticize non-existent flaws you create on the spot, just like any person who isn't worth their salt in a straight conversation.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
IcedBacon
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada906 Posts
August 17 2012 01:48 GMT
#3747
Why is the sound soooooooo quiet
"I went Zerg because Artosis is a douchebag." -IdrA
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
August 17 2012 04:36 GMT
#3748
Nestea will be coaching a KESPA team within a year IMO.
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
August 17 2012 04:56 GMT
#3749
On August 17 2012 13:36 AxionSteel wrote:
Nestea will be coaching a KESPA team within a year IMO.


Team 8 and IM will join up called LG IM8 ! Nestea will coach the dong and Losira. MVP will form Baby into a "consistent" multitasking machine sc2 has not seen yet. Ah a man can dream
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
August 17 2012 14:02 GMT
#3750
Damn group À was close!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
fakgfdgfdh
Profile Joined May 2012
79 Posts
August 18 2012 04:08 GMT
#3751
On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:A useless comment in response to a useless point that I already know very well.

you said that you have 65% correct bets as if it would have any meaning, i correct you because your comment was stupid and useless. you made no appearence that you knew that.

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:The real question is, why did you assume that I didn't know that odds can be different for different players (WOW WHAT A DISCOVERY) in the first place?

i probably assumed that because of you barging in and seemingly making a bragging post about having 65% of bets going in (WOW WHAT A CHILD GENIUS)
On August 14 2012 03:24 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I am extremely jelly. I wish I had money to travel. -_-

or what do you think?

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:Any betting man worth his salt knows that prediction rate is directly correlated with ROI

all profitable betters tend to have his average bet be just about 2.0?
or youre someone who tends to weigh on one of the sides, be someone who mainly plays a type of bet with a low output such as handicaps, or play futures

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:even if odds vary wildly from an ideal 1:1 (and that includes vigorish too). It is almost impossible to lose money with a 65% prediction rate unless

A. You bet the same amount of money on every single bet and only bet on heavily favored players.

oh, you have to bet the same amount of money on every bet?

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:B. You consistently bet a disproportionately large amount of money on heavily favored players and small amounts on the underdogs.

how about the opposit?

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
you didnt bet that innori would come in 2-3
and thats not how a mistake is judged


I bet that Nerchio, ForGG, and Inori would advance past the bracket. Since Inori did not advance past the bracket, I lost money. This is what ordinary people call a mistake.

i thought we were talking about bookmaker bets here.
youre correct, thats what ordinary people call a mistake. thats not what a mistake is though

On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 07:38 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
what there is to say is that your statement was nonsense


I've already disproved your silly statement.

where was that

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE][QUOTE]On August 17 2012 04:57 fakgfdgfdh wrote:
proof?[/QUOTE]

"I felt like if I were playing against another GSL player, the pressure would have been lesser."
-Gumiho after Winners Round 1 match vs Soulkey[/QUOTE]
he doesent say that reputation caused him to play worse. hes also a person having to interpret his play and compare in his head how he would have played otherwise and then makes an interview where hes allowed to say whatever he wants.
he doesent state the effect of the pressure

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE]"There are many Kespa players in the group, and that makes me stressed."
[/QUOTE]
he mentions nothing about reputation causing him to make mistakes and straight up lose

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE]"KeSPA players have a lot more televised match experiences than GSL players. So I think they are better experts at performing for televised matches than us."
-Creator after Winners Round 2 match[/QUOTE]
he mentions nothing about reputation causing him to make mistakes and straight up lose

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE]"I don't know if I'm simple or what but I didn't think that way. For some reason I seem to be less nervous for my WCS games than my ProLeague games. I felt like I had nothing to lose from playing against people who were better to begin with but I'm playing against GSL players like this during the WCS with a calm mind."[/QUOTE]
this is not even from the right side

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE]The game had a lot of shakes and turns. It seems that when KeSPA players go up against GSL players, the KeSPA players have the advantage. GSL players' burden of losing to KeSPA players is heavy so if it goes all the way to the third game, that burden gets even heavier. In my case, I was able to play peacefully so I think I was able to make a comeback.
[/QUOTE]
opinions of one game where one opponent thinks the other played below his average

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE][QUOTE]On August 17 2012 07:38 fakgfdgfdh wrote:

they are based on how likely someone judges a player to win is
[/QUOTE]

And most of the time said judgments are made from incomplete information. This makes upsets seem random when many of them are predictable.[/QUOTE]
the odds are based on how likely someone judges a player to win is, which in turn is based on an incredible amount of potential things, not "directly based on reputation"

[QUOTE]On August 17 2012 10:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:[QUOTE][QUOTE][B]Go ahead and keeping my jock over the imaginary deficiencies you see in me. That will only confirm your fraudulence to everyone who reads your posts. You talk big when you can criticize non-existent flaws you create on the spot, just like any person who isn't worth their salt in a straight conversation.[/QUOTE]
yeah youre completely defiency free. and look whos talking big with his fancy words, but you can only come up with false things for so long before you get called out. you think youre a hotshot better with 1900 bets. perhaps if you didnt have basic flaws in your betting theory, actually had a 30%roi, and made 1900 bets with it, you could afford a ticket to europe.

and what a nice forum this is, seen countless of posts less rude than this get banned, and i can only imagine how many other times youve done this
Prev 1 186 187 188
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason185
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16087
Artosis 920
ZZZero.O 84
Hyun 41
Bale 24
NaDa 22
Dota 2
qojqva2737
League of Legends
Doublelift2970
JimRising 269
Counter-Strike
Fnx 740
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6743
Khaldor1215
Liquid`Hasu999
Other Games
summit1g7098
FrodaN2604
B2W.Neo735
ToD261
KnowMe145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1372
BasetradeTV262
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 12
• Hupsaiya 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie878
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 35m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.