• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8197 users

[Code S] Group of Death Ro16 Group B 2012 GSL S3 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 195 196 197 Next
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
June 27 2012 20:35 GMT
#81
I don't know. Squirtle and MKP both seem prone to chocking sometimes, and MC hasn't been particularly dominant lately. Symbol might be affected by nerves.

I think some combination of Squirtle/Symbol/MarineKing will advance. I don't see MC getting out though.
Dalavita
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 20:56:28
June 27 2012 20:56 GMT
#82
I can't believe I'll be missing this because of work... This group is STACKED.
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:18:23
June 27 2012 20:59 GMT
#83
On June 28 2012 03:17 ragz_gt wrote:
Squirtle > Symbol
MKP > MC
MKP > Squirtle
MC > Symbol
MC > Squirtle

Last match is a coin flip but pretty confident in first four.

Squirtle vP is a coin flip?

no way, he has 100% vP winrate in GSL
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:03:59
June 27 2012 21:03 GMT
#84
The most stacked nights of GSL to date I think. I can't wait!
polyphonyEX
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2539 Posts
June 27 2012 21:11 GMT
#85
On June 28 2012 04:13 Talin wrote:
Ha, Squirtle's not getting out of this one.

I also feel that I'm going to regret saying this.

Yo he picked Symbol for a reason. Kid's got confidence.
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:14:26
June 27 2012 21:12 GMT
#86
On June 28 2012 06:11 polyphonyEX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 04:13 Talin wrote:
Ha, Squirtle's not getting out of this one.

I also feel that I'm going to regret saying this.

Yo he picked Symbol for a reason. Kid's got confidence.


Same how MVP picked Taeja and got beaten?XD

Honestly, there is no favourites in this groups and anyone can make it out of this group of death.
Only thing i know for sure is if Squirtle vs MC,Squirtle(best PvPer now) will win with his 100% winrate in PvP GSL.
Play your best
amazingoopah
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1925 Posts
June 27 2012 21:22 GMT
#87
is symbol supposed to be a D3 witch doctor? don't get that...
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
June 27 2012 21:22 GMT
#88
Squirtle and Symbol will advance, kkk
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
nakedsurfer
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada500 Posts
June 27 2012 21:24 GMT
#89
Symbol and Marineking will advance.

Root4Root
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
June 27 2012 21:26 GMT
#90
My head says MKP and Symbol, but my heart wants MC to get through

I love all 4 of these players, argh!
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
NOOBALOPSE
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada802 Posts
June 27 2012 21:30 GMT
#91
On June 28 2012 01:56 Heraklitus wrote:
Symbol/MC. But damn, what a group.

MC?
MC can't beat MarineKing or Symbol... Maybe Symbol? I know for sure he can't beat MarineKing and can't beat Squirtle though...

I say Symbol/MarineKing
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:35:26
June 27 2012 21:32 GMT
#92
On June 28 2012 06:30 NOOBALOPSE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 01:56 Heraklitus wrote:
Symbol/MC. But damn, what a group.

MC?
MC can't beat MarineKing or Symbol... Maybe Symbol? I know for sure he can't beat MarineKing and can't beat Squirtle though...

I say Symbol/MarineKing

MC can beat every single player in this group, don't underestimate him.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
June 27 2012 21:34 GMT
#93
On June 28 2012 06:30 NOOBALOPSE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 01:56 Heraklitus wrote:
Symbol/MC. But damn, what a group.

MC?
MC can't beat MarineKing or Symbol... Maybe Symbol? I know for sure he can't beat MarineKing and can't beat Squirtle though...

I say Symbol/MarineKing

MC can beat every single player in this group.
Don't count him out.

That being said, I'm thinking Squirtle/Symbol.
hi. big fan.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
June 27 2012 21:38 GMT
#94
This group deserves a sick LR thread and Seeker (as always) delivered.

I have no fucking idea who comes out of this group however.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
June 27 2012 21:40 GMT
#95
Symbol is unstoppable lately so first ticket for him for sure. Next I'd say MKP, he's the best TvP so only him can do it.
Heavenlee
Profile Joined April 2012
United States966 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:48:46
June 27 2012 21:43 GMT
#96
On June 28 2012 06:30 NOOBALOPSE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 01:56 Heraklitus wrote:
Symbol/MC. But damn, what a group.

MC?
MC can't beat MarineKing or Symbol... Maybe Symbol? I know for sure he can't beat MarineKing and can't beat Squirtle though...

I say Symbol/MarineKing


He's beaten both of them. "Can't beat them"? What a joke. People put so much stock into a couple recent bo3's and things like that. They mean very little, even if someone has a 70% chance to win he can still get stomped. It's why it's so annoying seeing "yes but he 2-0'd him at at tournament 2 weeks ago", because who cares? It's two games. Build orders change, mistakes were made in some of those games that won't be made again, etc. Taeja all-killed Prime including MKP who 5-1 or 5-2'd him recently in Fight Club, does that make him insanely better than everyone he faced all the sudden? Inca 2-0'd Symbol recently, what does that mean? I guess someone will say "he's better in prepared matches", which is in all a random excuse to account for him not being as unstoppable as people say.

Even if someone has 5-0'd someone in the past, that shows a trend but means nothing. Saying someone "can't" beat someone is ridiculous. An unaccounted for drop can kill 20 workers. A couple storms can wipe out a terran army while he's not looking. A nexus can be sniped by a double drop. Trying to use past numbers to say someone can never beat someone is just silly.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
June 27 2012 21:44 GMT
#97
On June 28 2012 06:40 tuho12345 wrote:
Symbol is unstoppable lately so first ticket for him for sure. Next I'd say MKP, he's the best TvP so only him can do it.


He's streaky and I don't think he's ever had this tough of a group before. On top of that he needs to beat Squirtle? Nope not happening.

He's actually got the first ticket to lose...

Maybe. Truth be told I have no idea, But I think Squirtle/MKP is more likely than Symbol.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 27 2012 21:48 GMT
#98
On June 28 2012 03:55 dragonborn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 03:53 Coolness53 wrote:
I am guessing Symbol and MarineKing....But I have this feeling it is going to be Squirtle and MarineKing....Not sure Symbol is used to MarineKing style.

Symbol is 5-0 against MKP in preparation style tournaments. MKP is favored against two protosses but symbol favored against him.

i would say that the two protosses are favoured against symbol, maybe. even though symbol beat MC at mlg, i think mc can take him out

On June 28 2012 04:20 dragonborn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 03:56 Canucklehead wrote:
On June 28 2012 03:55 dragonborn wrote:
On June 28 2012 03:53 Coolness53 wrote:
I am guessing Symbol and MarineKing....But I have this feeling it is going to be Squirtle and MarineKing....Not sure Symbol is used to MarineKing style.

Symbol is 5-0 against MKP in preparation style tournaments. MKP is favored against two protosses but symbol favored against him.


Why do you leave MLG out of the preparation tournaments? MLG groups were out long enough for him to prepare and MKP beat him 2-0 at MLG. I don't even put much stock in the iron squid games. MKP played those the day he returned from IPL 4 and symbol cheesed him all 3 games.

*cheesed* LOL. More likely MKP got punished for being greedy.

Also tournaments like MLG all about stamina, not preparation.


symbol-mkp was their first or second match on the first day of MLG, of course they would prepare a bit


On June 28 2012 04:29 dragonborn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 04:22 noddy wrote:
MLG's group stages can be just as much about preparation and Symbol got destroyed despite current state of TvZ(ie. he should win, as DRG says)

Also yes, it was definitely cheesing. But hey ho, he beat MKP in standard games last GSL.

When symbol wins, patch.

when mkp wins, superior player.

lol, good ol' mkp fans.


when mkp wins - 'online qualifier, mlg, etc'

when symbol wins - 'symbol so gosu at preparation'




On June 28 2012 06:44 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 06:40 tuho12345 wrote:
Symbol is unstoppable lately so first ticket for him for sure. Next I'd say MKP, he's the best TvP so only him can do it.


He's streaky and I don't think he's ever had this tough of a group before. On top of that he needs to beat Squirtle? Nope not happening.

He's actually got the first ticket to lose...

Maybe. Truth be told I have no idea, But I think Squirtle/MKP is more likely than Symbol.


mkp's only ever series lost to squirtle was at ipl4. remember mkp recently took out squirtle in gstl and gsl etc too

i think mkp/squirtle are going to do well tonight =]
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 27 2012 21:49 GMT
#99
also just wanted to say, please have some consistency in banners; also the new ones are a tad hard to read.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 21:50:21
June 27 2012 21:49 GMT
#100
Has MC actually changed his ID to MinChul? or is just OP just trying to be obnoxious.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 195 196 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 434
TKL 283
CranKy Ducklings234
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1074
TKL 283
ProTech134
Rex 118
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51306
Free 1800
Horang2 337
firebathero 259
Zeus 195
Trap 145
Last 122
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 28
[ Show more ]
Yoon 24
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Bishop 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc6776
Dendi1112
XaKoH 448
420jenkins179
Counter-Strike
fl0m3614
byalli710
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt483
Mlord374
KnowMe188
mouzStarbuck176
Hui .153
DeMusliM135
Liquid`VortiX113
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• StrangeGG 27
• poizon28 11
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony9
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2320
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1563
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 54m
Patches Events
23h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.