• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:45
CEST 22:45
KST 05:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12142 users

[Code S] Group of Death Ro16 Group B 2012 GSL S3 - Page 193

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 197 Next
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
June 28 2012 18:07 GMT
#3841
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.


While I don't mind that his recaps are a bit Terran-biased, it does kind of spoil the game when the only recap he gives is "One guy 1a'd to victory, no surprises there." Whether he is official staff or not (I'm not sure if he is) these threads are a reflection of the quality of the experience on TL, and I'm not sure balance whine is particularly appropriate.

That said, the OP's are always fantastic, I just have that one little qualm.
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
June 28 2012 18:09 GMT
#3842
On June 28 2012 19:21 the`postman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 19:20 Badfatpanda wrote:
Nice micro, but taking the win against MC was his only shot at advancing, MKP can't beat Symbol

you're stupid as hell, MKP beat symbol two days ago.

User was temp banned for this post.


Shame I couldn't throw this in before you got banned but I was casting. MKP is a streaky player, his emotions influence his later play. Getting 2-0'd in your best matchup and going into a matchup you're frustrated with to determine your GSL future is hard for a streaky player. It's why I made this call, and after watching nearly the whole series at this point, it was the right one.

Well played by MC, only caught his first game against Squirtle but he really played out his series against MKP quite well, going for a blink build on Antiga was a good call and made it an easy 2-0. So happy that Symbol advanced over Squirtle too. He gets so much recognition from Korean players but foreigners doubt his talent. Well deserved, hope he makes it to Finals!
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
June 28 2012 18:16 GMT
#3843
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


it happens to the best of us, good to see you calmed down again though ^^

that being said i think the short sentence you provide is an awesome addition to the polls, helps you select the games you wanna watch
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
June 28 2012 18:18 GMT
#3844
YEEEES MIN CHUL

Also, I agree it was pretty bad form by Seeker to put in a reference to balance in the OP.
Coolness53
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
June 28 2012 18:33 GMT
#3845
MC and Symbol both played amazing...Squirtle did well but couldn't get it done. MKP play was awful in this group play.
Fruitdealer, DongRaeGu, and Soulkey
power-overwhelming
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada306 Posts
June 28 2012 18:35 GMT
#3846
Called it from the start. MC and Symbol advance.

Called the LR thread too. Knew it would be balance whine.
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 19:03:16
June 28 2012 18:58 GMT
#3847
On June 28 2012 18:41 the`postman wrote:
This was the easiest prediction of my life, symbol was so overrated.

Symbrolled.

On June 28 2012 07:03 power-overwhelming wrote:
Lol at Squirtle 100% winrate in GSL. Reminds me of the ForGG hype train when he had 100% winrate in Code A and thought he'd breeze through code s.

The only one capable of taking down symbol is MC. And MC has a good chance of beating MKP.

Taeja and Seed got low votes for advancing but people proved them wrong. This time will be the same, MC and Symbol will advance.

This LR will turn into a shitstorm of "zerg OP" and "MC all in noob"

power-overwhelming was right...

perfect predictions, congrats :D
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
June 28 2012 19:42 GMT
#3848
OMG YES SYMBOL AND MC! YESS!!!

Sorry I like Squirtle too especially after his finals vs MVP, but MC is cool too.

I would love to see Symbol or MC take this season. Though of course I would still prefer Nestea ^^

I think Nestea can handle Symbol and MC but not too sure about MKP or Squirtle lol. I mean I guess I can't really say that but I just think that because Squirtle sort of owned Nestea at that MLG and Terran can make a lot of comebacks and Nestea often gets lazy in micro and stuff so even if Z>T right now by stats, MKP could still beat him with his awesome micro.

Anyways yeah, I hope Nestea/Symbol/MC or even Naniwa make it to the finals! Seed is cool too! A finals with any of these players pl0x ^^
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
June 28 2012 20:05 GMT
#3849
Really glad to see Symbol advance. It was kind of difficult watching him lose to Protoss all-ins... I thought he'd be more successful in holding them off. Fortunately, it didn't seem to affect his mentality when he met Squirtle again for the final matches!
And as for MC, well, I'm not really a huge fan, but I wouldn't be too upset if he got his 3rd GSL title...
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
June 28 2012 21:41 GMT
#3850
Symbol the fucking boss. Was doing the spoiler free results and got sad, but goddamn glad he advanced. This round of 8 is gonna be off the gumline.
SharkStarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria2275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 21:45:05
June 28 2012 21:44 GMT
#3851
PvZ is broken, you have to commit to a 2 base all in like Squirtle did or you're gonna get roflstomped unless the Zerg's name is Yugioh/ he's not playing well.
Cogito, ergo Toss
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
June 28 2012 21:49 GMT
#3852
Game 2 of Squirtle v MC.

Casters SHOUTING, "THERE'S NOTHING MC CAN DO!!!!!!!!!! SQUIRTLE IS GOING TO THE ROUND OF 8!!!!!!!!" Shouting so loud it hurts my ears.

That's not how you convey excitement. Wolf sounded bored, but he was shouting. Really? That was bad.

Oh, and then MC won the game. Yea. Stop counting players out. It's getting really old.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
June 28 2012 21:50 GMT
#3853
If DRG gets put into the same bracket as Symbol, it will be an MC vs DRG finals. If DRG is in the same bracket as MC, it will be Symbol vs the winner of those two I think.
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 21:57:25
June 28 2012 21:52 GMT
#3854
Was a little weird seeing the descriptions for the games yesterday since it was the first time I've seen them. I'm glad I skipped them completely this time around since I was going to watch every game just due to the names that were playing. But after reading that Game 3 of the losers match description.. lol.
Life..
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
June 28 2012 21:54 GMT
#3855
On June 29 2012 06:52 -RusH wrote:
Was a little weird seeing the descriptions for the games since it was the first time I've seen them. I'm glad I skipped them completely this time around since I was going to watch every game just due to the names that were playing. After reading that Game 3 of the losers match description.. lol.


Lol I like Seeker for all the hard work he puts into the community, but those recaps are biased as fuck. Game 3 of the Losers match was pretty good IMO.
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
June 28 2012 22:00 GMT
#3856
On June 29 2012 06:54 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 06:52 -RusH wrote:
Was a little weird seeing the descriptions for the games since it was the first time I've seen them. I'm glad I skipped them completely this time around since I was going to watch every game just due to the names that were playing. After reading that Game 3 of the losers match description.. lol.


Lol I like Seeker for all the hard work he puts into the community, but those recaps are biased as fuck. Game 3 of the Losers match was pretty good IMO.


Yes, I think it's great that there are so many users out there that contribute. I didn't skip them cause I didn't like them, it was just cause there was no need for me to see which games were recommended since I was going to watch all. Only after the games I read someone's post who quoted that Game 3 Losers match.
Life..
sirreginold
Profile Joined September 2011
United States557 Posts
June 28 2012 22:10 GMT
#3857
Wolf incorrectly calling the game for Squirtle was pretty funny.
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
June 28 2012 22:18 GMT
#3858
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


I usually dont read your recommendations, since i follow gsl only in results, but its without a question that, if all the recommendations are like those, you dont spoil the results but spoil the game. If you write "1 player all-ins, other player defends, one player wins", its pretty obvious that one of the players does an all-in... which spoils the game pretty much. When i watch MLG VODS its pretty simle to avoid to watch at game-length, so i never know what to expect.

But as one of your biggest criticists i have to say that the overall quality of (your) live-report-threads these days can easily keep up with the good old broodwar days, they might even be better, since you are not the only one anymore to make this kind of threads. Props.
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
June 28 2012 22:26 GMT
#3859
On June 29 2012 07:18 Heimatloser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


I usually dont read your recommendations, since i follow gsl only in results, but its without a question that, if all the recommendations are like those, you dont spoil the results but spoil the game. If you write "1 player all-ins, other player defends, one player wins", its pretty obvious that one of the players does an all-in... which spoils the game pretty much. When i watch MLG VODS its pretty simle to avoid to watch at game-length, so i never know what to expect.

But as one of your biggest criticists i have to say that the overall quality of (your) live-report-threads these days can easily keep up with the good old broodwar days, they might even be better, since you are not the only one anymore to make this kind of threads. Props.

Ty for your feedback. I'mma work on this now
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
power-overwhelming
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada306 Posts
June 28 2012 22:33 GMT
#3860
Wolf was always one of the casters that annoyed me the most (him moletrap and mr bitter). Today when he kept screaming about squirtle winning totally turned me off. although it was funny he should stop being bad at calling games
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O123
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19484
Calm 2127
Shuttle 320
White-Ra 189
Mini 177
ZZZero.O 123
firebathero 71
soO 10
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1520
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4898
Liquid`Hasu646
Other Games
summit1g6790
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN2072
fl0m1322
crisheroes308
IndyStarCraft 237
Pyrionflax221
Livibee184
Mew2King53
ToD0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick928
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1398
• Shiphtur682
• WagamamaTV372
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 15m
Replay Cast
2h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.