• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:36
CEST 09:36
KST 16:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8846 users

[Code S] Group of Death Ro16 Group B 2012 GSL S3 - Page 194

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 197 Next
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
June 28 2012 23:21 GMT
#3861
On June 28 2012 15:39 Koshi wrote:
Friend of mine was yesterday depressed because he liquibetted against MC. The guy is a big fan and didn't see a realistic chance MC getting out of this group. Kind of funny to hear him complain.


How's he feelin' now???
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
June 28 2012 23:24 GMT
#3862
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


Seeker. You are awesome.
That is all.
DRTnOOber
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
New Zealand476 Posts
June 28 2012 23:25 GMT
#3863
What a joy it was to watch last night. I bought my first season ticket for GSL and I'm loving it. Perfect because I have an 8 week old baby so it's really difficult to play SC2 much these days but easy to watch the GSL while I hold her.

MC... that was incredible. That blink Stalker all-in against MarineKing was beautiful... and the control you had against Squirtle's Colossus rush was just impeccable.

And I really like how he smiles before the matches as he chats to his opponents. He seems kind of cheeky.
But I'm off creep... and so I slow down, what are hellions doing here? I don't belong here...
Bluerain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States348 Posts
June 28 2012 23:28 GMT
#3864
On June 29 2012 06:44 SharkStarcraft wrote:
PvZ is broken, you have to commit to a 2 base all in like Squirtle did or you're gonna get roflstomped unless the Zerg's name is Yugioh/ he's not playing well.


PvZ is broken....cus toss 2 base all-ins are too easy to execute as illustrated by squirtle vs symbol first set.
SkinnyCook
Profile Joined May 2012
United States39 Posts
June 28 2012 23:49 GMT
#3865
Such damn good matches.
Do things with your conscious.
SkinnyCook
Profile Joined May 2012
United States39 Posts
June 28 2012 23:49 GMT
#3866
On June 28 2012 01:56 Heraklitus wrote:
Symbol/MC. But damn, what a group.


You predictions are so great!
Do things with your conscious.
uLaLuLaLume
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada75 Posts
June 29 2012 00:24 GMT
#3867
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


In reference to your own subjective ratings; they bear no relevance. Ultimately, an objective game rating is desired, and the polls bring us as close as humanly possible to said desired objectivity status. In reference to which recaps were spoilers; imo, they're all spoilers. Imo, even the remotest hint at how, strategically, a game was played out (quality aside) is a spoiler. I want the game I'm about to watch to be a surprise in every sense of the term (besides knowing beforehand, owing to the polls, that it's going to be a gg). I am confident that there are many others like myself who try not to read your recaps whilst looking at the polls. Don't get me wrong, however; I truly appreciate the effort you put into these threads.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
June 29 2012 00:54 GMT
#3868
On June 29 2012 08:24 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


Seeker. You are awesome.
That is all.

Haha. Thank you very much ^^

On June 29 2012 09:24 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 03:06 SeeKeR wrote:
On June 29 2012 03:03 uLaLuLaLume wrote:
I think Seeker should stop providing these game 'recaps' and his own subjective ratings in the recommended section. Not only are they biased (in favor of Terran, go figure), but they're also somewhat of a spoiler, and a lot of people simply wish to know which games are most worth watching without knowing what to expect beforehand.

Today my recaps were retarded because I was angry I admit that.

But all my other ones I take care in writing them. I always make sure nothing is spoiled. I apologize for today's recaps, but it won't happen again.

But in order for me to improve, please post the ones where you felt like I spoiled something. I will work on those and make sure it doesn't happen again


In reference to your own subjective ratings; they bear no relevance. Ultimately, an objective game rating is desired, and the polls bring us as close as humanly possible to said desired objectivity status. In reference to which recaps were spoilers; imo, they're all spoilers. Imo, even the remotest hint at how, strategically, a game was played out (quality aside) is a spoiler. I want the game I'm about to watch to be a surprise in every sense of the term (besides knowing beforehand, owing to the polls, that it's going to be a gg). I am confident that there are many others like myself who try not to read your recaps whilst looking at the polls. Don't get me wrong, however; I truly appreciate the effort you put into these threads.


I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about that. I guess the only way to avoid that would be to just post the polls themselves and no recap.
But I often feel that polls do not do the game justice. Most polls seems to have answers purely based on whether or not their favorite player lost or won. And that often leads to inaccurate polls that will deprive ppl of watching good games.

That's why I add my recaps. I let my readers decided whether or not the game is worth watching or not. Granted, I often slip up and let my own bias get the best of me, but I do really try hard to write these recaps as non objective as possible.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
June 29 2012 01:26 GMT
#3869
MC vs Squirtle.

Games taken through sheer force of will. I am so awed! Force of will!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 29 2012 01:30 GMT
#3870
On June 29 2012 10:26 Lunchador wrote:
MC vs Squirtle.

Games taken through sheer force of will. I am so awed! Force of will!



My friends and I watched game 2 live...our jaws dropped....
"how on earth did he..."
o_O

moo...for DRG
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
June 29 2012 01:50 GMT
#3871
Because MC is best player in the world. That's right over DRG MVP and all the rest. He plays a very underrepresented race and dominates. It's no accident he was picked almost last and players made thier fear known dispite crappy GSL results last year.
MC for president
blobrus
Profile Joined August 2011
4297 Posts
June 29 2012 01:55 GMT
#3872
On June 29 2012 10:50 tdt wrote:
Because MC is best player in the world. That's right over DRG MVP and all the rest. He plays a very underrepresented race and dominates. It's no accident he was picked almost last and players made thier fear known dispite crappy GSL results last year.


No. Just no. He's not consistent enough to be better than DRG or MVP.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
June 29 2012 02:11 GMT
#3873
On June 29 2012 08:28 Bluerain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 06:44 SharkStarcraft wrote:
PvZ is broken, you have to commit to a 2 base all in like Squirtle did or you're gonna get roflstomped unless the Zerg's name is Yugioh/ he's not playing well.


PvZ is broken....cus toss 2 base all-ins are too easy to execute as illustrated by squirtle vs symbol first set.


what viable other option does a protoss have to win vs zerg. o right none.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 02:27:31
June 29 2012 02:26 GMT
#3874
On June 28 2012 18:35 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 18:32 neoghaleon55 wrote:
OPTEROWN!~
PLAGIARISM!

Khaldor thinks you drew that banner!

i never said i did!


But you and SeeKeR never credited the creator of that picture in the opening post...
it's very misleading.

In academia, that's called plagiarism!

Edit: I'm glad SeeKeR finally changed it.
moo...for DRG
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
June 29 2012 02:30 GMT
#3875
On June 29 2012 10:50 tdt wrote:
Because MC is best player in the world. That's right over DRG MVP and all the rest. He plays a very underrepresented race and dominates. It's no accident he was picked almost last and players made thier fear known dispite crappy GSL results last year.


I lol'd. Protoss is pretty well represented in Code S at the moment.. anyways I'd be happy if he gets far as long as he doesn't do all-ins every second game! You don't get to see many MC macro games
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
June 29 2012 02:34 GMT
#3876
On June 29 2012 11:26 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 18:35 opterown wrote:
On June 28 2012 18:32 neoghaleon55 wrote:
OPTEROWN!~
PLAGIARISM!

Khaldor thinks you drew that banner!

i never said i did!


But you and SeeKeR never credited the creator of that picture in the opening post...
it's very misleading.

In academia, that's called plagiarism!

Edit: I'm glad SeeKeR finally changed it.


Pretty sure it had credit to adebird since the beginning because I remember reading his name there from the very moment I opened the LR thread.

Also to those saying the polls are objective: if you've been around long enough you'd know that they are rarely representative of game quality.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 29 2012 02:34 GMT
#3877
On June 29 2012 11:34 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 11:26 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On June 28 2012 18:35 opterown wrote:
On June 28 2012 18:32 neoghaleon55 wrote:
OPTEROWN!~
PLAGIARISM!

Khaldor thinks you drew that banner!

i never said i did!


But you and SeeKeR never credited the creator of that picture in the opening post...
it's very misleading.

In academia, that's called plagiarism!

Edit: I'm glad SeeKeR finally changed it.


Pretty sure it had credit to adebird since the beginning because I remember reading his name there from the very moment I opened the LR thread.

Also to those saying the polls are objective: if you've been around long enough you'd know that they are rarely representative of game quality.


It wasn't last night. It credited only opterown for editing the picture and said the pic was found on twitter.

moo...for DRG
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
June 29 2012 02:37 GMT
#3878
Missed the broadcast but been catching up on the VODs. Few comments from the last few pages:

- That hold against the 4-gate into double immortal/DT drop counter...WTF? How did he hold that? Amazing. :D I think everyone was convinced he was dead there. Casters certainly were.

- I actually think MKP is a little overhyped as well. I don't think he's a bad player but he's not a well-rounded player in my eyes. As Jinro said a few pages back if you want to pick a player who can win a tournament where you might be playing anyone MKP is a good choice. I think that's because his actual capabilities are right at the very, very top so on a good day in a straight up competition of macro/micro/mechanics he comes out ahead against most other players. But the fact that he can't consistently translate that into wins in games where he's able to prepare seems to indicate that he just doesn't know how to prepare properly. It seems to be a flaw with the mental part of his game holding him back and I reckon if he can just solve that he should easily be able to take a GSL in the near future.

- I like MC but I couldn't put him down as the best player in the world honestly. He's a great, great player but the best? Not convinced. I'm not even totally convinced he's the best Protoss player, he's just generally there by default thanks to being the sole GSL winner for Protoss (more than a year and counting...hmmm...).

- SeeKeR. I actually kinda like the little summaries but man...seriously...that bias... -_-
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 29 2012 02:38 GMT
#3879
On June 29 2012 11:11 aintz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 08:28 Bluerain wrote:
On June 29 2012 06:44 SharkStarcraft wrote:
PvZ is broken, you have to commit to a 2 base all in like Squirtle did or you're gonna get roflstomped unless the Zerg's name is Yugioh/ he's not playing well.


PvZ is broken....cus toss 2 base all-ins are too easy to execute as illustrated by squirtle vs symbol first set.


what viable other option does a protoss have to win vs zerg. o right none.


Late game toss won all the games I saw today in the TSL qualifier and in general they win a lot. I'll never understand the people saying protoss can't win late game pvz when they do ALL THE TIME lol. Just because they lose also and don't win it 100% of the time doesn't mean it's not possible.
When I think of something else, something will go here
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 29 2012 02:39 GMT
#3880
On June 29 2012 11:34 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 11:34 lichter wrote:
On June 29 2012 11:26 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On June 28 2012 18:35 opterown wrote:
On June 28 2012 18:32 neoghaleon55 wrote:
OPTEROWN!~
PLAGIARISM!

Khaldor thinks you drew that banner!

i never said i did!


But you and SeeKeR never credited the creator of that picture in the opening post...
it's very misleading.

In academia, that's called plagiarism!

Edit: I'm glad SeeKeR finally changed it.


Pretty sure it had credit to adebird since the beginning because I remember reading his name there from the very moment I opened the LR thread.

Also to those saying the polls are objective: if you've been around long enough you'd know that they are rarely representative of game quality.


It wasn't last night. It credited only opterown for editing the picture and said the pic was found on twitter.


seeker's decision, not mine. i pm'ed him my edited version, as well as the original twitter link
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 197 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4550
Shuttle 1806
Leta 1691
BeSt 397
Soulkey 191
Soma 147
sorry 55
ZergMaN 31
Shine 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King60
Other Games
summit1g8611
WinterStarcraft681
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Rush1394
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 25m
Patches Events
7h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 25m
OSC
15h 25m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.