• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8325 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Group B - Page 282

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 294 Next
Can't go to lunch without coming back to 20+ reports. This makes me upset. Stop the bullshit or get ready to hammered. Thanks --Pholon
milky_muh
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden38 Posts
December 13 2011 13:52 GMT
#5621
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
December 13 2011 13:53 GMT
#5622
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


I think it's wrong format, Bo1 causes more cheesy games than macro games.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
December 13 2011 13:54 GMT
#5623
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


Then you sir have defective palate for the art of starcraft 2.
`dunedain
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
657 Posts
December 13 2011 13:54 GMT
#5624
Man, the casters today were especially bad.
What was up with the random delving into the strategies that weren't even being implemented just to save face. Like, "Yea, I fucked that prediction up. He's not doing that, but if he is, this is how it goes." Which is just stupid imo.

Not only were the predictions and guesses that they would make wrong, but they kept dragging that shit on. Come on guys, if you mess it up, just stop talking. It's embarrassing and hard to listen to. I, for one, enjoyed the epic games today and there were some moments that showed me the great potential this game holds for the future. The only thing that killed it was honestly the horrible casting. Sorry to say.

Other than that, good games. The upcoming games should be good, but please God, let Tastosis or some other casters cast. ktnxbye
"In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul." ~Albert Camus
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 13:55:23
December 13 2011 13:54 GMT
#5625
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


I have liked the tournament... you must be a hipster. There were lot of great games this two days, and some all-ins were fun (the MMA Proxy Thor rush for example.)
jinixxx123
Profile Joined June 2010
543 Posts
December 13 2011 13:55 GMT
#5626
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


and then leenock won.

For me its been great, i dont mind seeing cheeses thrown in .. Its nobodys god given right to deserve a macro game.
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
December 13 2011 13:55 GMT
#5627
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


You doubted leenock? Kid smashed that 3 bunker rush into destroying polt.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
December 13 2011 13:56 GMT
#5628
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


That's to bad. I really enjoyed that game. Leenock just rofl stomped him.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
December 13 2011 13:56 GMT
#5629
On December 13 2011 22:55 jinixxx123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


and then leenock won.

For me its been great, i dont mind seeing cheeses thrown in .. Its nobodys god given right to deserve a macro game.


I think some people want 3 nexus before gateway.
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 13:59:44
December 13 2011 13:57 GMT
#5630
On December 13 2011 22:53 eYeball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


I think it's wrong format, Bo1 causes more cheesy games than macro games.


I've always been curious to see a justification of why timing attacks and other cheesy strategies are less legitimate then macro play.
It isn't always as entertaining, although it can be. There are boring macro games too.
It requires skill to both execute and defend from, as a matter a fact it requires a lot of skill to read many cheeses and properly defend. Having the skill to defend those shows great deal of preparation, study and ability to respond on the fly.
Macro is simpler to prepare for then cheese, although much harder to master.

I genuinely would like to hear a logical justification.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 13:57:56
December 13 2011 13:57 GMT
#5631
On December 13 2011 22:48 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 22:44 Seeker wrote:
HALLELUJAH!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I AM FINALLY DONE!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I AM FINALLY DONE!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I AM FINALLY DONE!!!!

There's KSL now.


I will LR KSL. But only if u wish to see me experience a quick and painful death
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
j3i
Profile Joined February 2011
United States357 Posts
December 13 2011 13:58 GMT
#5632
On December 13 2011 21:07 Djagulingu wrote:
It's not all-in guys, he didn't bring his Nexus


lol'd hard.

Glad MMA, Leenock, and Polt made it through! If only we had liquibets for this...
I am an idiot who knows only about gaming, so there is nothing private to talk about to begin with. - Bisu
Anub1s
Profile Joined March 2011
Bulgaria17 Posts
December 13 2011 14:00 GMT
#5633
NaNiwa vs Leenock was one of the best games I've seen in a while.
Reality is forged of Dreams.
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
December 13 2011 14:01 GMT
#5634
I don't feel good about MMA being matched vs MVP/Polt ><' Bad things are about to happen.
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 14:02:05
December 13 2011 14:01 GMT
#5635
I just realized that for the first time in months I missed 30mn of a GSL broadcast, and BOOM, the biggest drama of the year happens exactly during those 30 minutes ,_;
darkest44
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1009 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 14:09:16
December 13 2011 14:02 GMT
#5636
On December 13 2011 22:52 milky_muh wrote:
This must have been the most boring tournament in sc2 history :/ All ins everywhere, when I saw Leenock get 3-bunker-rushed for the second time I just closed the stream did not care to watch the outcome...


Eh? Many of the cheese games were actually very exciting and nail biting games, and there were also some great exciting macro games (leenock vs naniwa for example). Pretty tired of wannabe Idras who think any game that doesn't have 2 expansions before any action starts is just "cheese" and has no value, no matter how exciting or close the game is. Genuinely enjoyed every Leenock game, 2 out of 3 of the naniwa games, most of the Stephano games and a few other games in between.

The level of play was high and we got to see tons of matchups between top players. "Most boring tournament in sc2 history" is just a retarded melodramatic exaggeration typical of the hipster whiners on this forum. Whiners gonna whine, sc2 has some of the most entitled, uptight whiners I've ever seen.
Vardant
Profile Joined November 2010
Czech Republic620 Posts
December 13 2011 14:04 GMT
#5637
On December 13 2011 23:01 MrCon wrote:
I just realized that for the first time in months I missed 30mn of a GSL broadcast, and BOOM, the biggest drama of the year happens exactly during those 30 minutes ,_;

I think you spelled seconds wrong

+ Show Spoiler +
jk
arChieSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
Spain162 Posts
December 13 2011 14:05 GMT
#5638
i still dont get why they keep doing bo1 groupstages
CryMeAReaper
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark1135 Posts
December 13 2011 14:05 GMT
#5639
On December 13 2011 22:51 nofacej wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 22:47 kineticSYN wrote:
MVP gave both Polt and MMA their slots.

It's only natural for both of them to step down now.

Move aside kiddos, the king himself is coming through.



Actually this would be incredibly unfortunate for Mvp if he lost to Polt. MMA was going to qualify regardless because Blizzcon could only have gone to Nestea or Mvp and they both qualified already. Of course I think Mvp would happily lose this tournament if he was given a choice between it and WCG. Representing your country and emulating past BW legends probably means more to him than this tournament, even though it is bigger in terms of recognition. I don't see Mvp will losing to Polt though.


Mvp has repeatedly said how much this tournament means to him, cus it would set his title of best player of 2011 in stone.

And if Mvp really wants something in a tournament, I dont think anyone can stop him :D!
(>*-*)><( *-* )><(*-*<) DoDTimber on Bnet
blamekilly
Profile Joined April 2011
466 Posts
December 13 2011 14:06 GMT
#5640
On December 13 2011 23:05 CryMeAReaper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 22:51 nofacej wrote:
On December 13 2011 22:47 kineticSYN wrote:
MVP gave both Polt and MMA their slots.

It's only natural for both of them to step down now.

Move aside kiddos, the king himself is coming through.



Actually this would be incredibly unfortunate for Mvp if he lost to Polt. MMA was going to qualify regardless because Blizzcon could only have gone to Nestea or Mvp and they both qualified already. Of course I think Mvp would happily lose this tournament if he was given a choice between it and WCG. Representing your country and emulating past BW legends probably means more to him than this tournament, even though it is bigger in terms of recognition. I don't see Mvp will losing to Polt though.


Mvp has repeatedly said how much this tournament means to him, cus it would set his title of best player of 2011 in stone.

And if Mvp really wants something in a tournament, I dont think anyone can stop him :D!



except MMA and DRG.
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 294 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever477
League of Legends
Doublelift4210
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe188
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Scarra847
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 3m
Patches Events
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
OSC
23h 3m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.