• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10086 users

GSL October Group Selections - Page 92

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1952 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 98 Next
PossuM
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany11 Posts
September 15 2011 22:32 GMT
#1821
They should name it Code T(erran) ;(
chocolatebunny
Profile Joined September 2011
301 Posts
September 15 2011 22:33 GMT
#1822
so many all or almost all terran groups.
well maybe some new TvT style will come out this tourney.
one can hope right :D
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 15 2011 22:43 GMT
#1823
On September 16 2011 07:33 chocolatebunny wrote:
so many all or almost all terran groups.
well maybe some new TvT style will come out this tourney.
one can hope right :D


I think MVP deliberately tried to get an all terran group so he could send a terran to the up/downs
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iLLKiD
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany72 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 22:53:27
September 15 2011 22:52 GMT
#1824
po narret
VfB
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
September 15 2011 23:02 GMT
#1825
On September 16 2011 07:43 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 07:33 chocolatebunny wrote:
so many all or almost all terran groups.
well maybe some new TvT style will come out this tourney.
one can hope right :D


I think MVP deliberately tried to get an all terran group so he could send a terran to the up/downs


Clearly it's a Terran conspiracy to eject as many lower tier Terrans from Code S as possible, in order to not appear so imba.
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
September 15 2011 23:25 GMT
#1826
.....WTFFFF

RYUNG MARINEKING PUZZLE BOMBER?!

...oh my god..

NADA KEEN MMA NESTEA?!

...oh..

WHY?! WHY do GOOD players do this and just COMMIT SUICIDE?!

why don't you fucking pick players like asd, jjakji, alive, clide, nobeless, virus, genius, killer who obviously are WEAKER players?!

in group b.. itll go

Ryung beats MKP
Bomber beats Puzzle
Bomber beats Ryung
MKP Puzzle.. toss up but I'd go with Puzzle
Ryung beats MKP

in group c itll go

Nada beats Keen
Nestea beats MMA (unless MMA plays perfect, nestea will adapt and has been practicing ZvT)
Nestea beats Nada
MMA beats Keen
MMA Nada.. toss up but I'd go with NaDa (will pull something out of his sleeve, plus record of never getting to up and down matches is pretty good)
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
September 15 2011 23:29 GMT
#1827
So much Terrrrraaannn
ThE)ShoWTimE
Profile Joined August 2011
Italy213 Posts
September 15 2011 23:41 GMT
#1828
SO MANY TVTS!!!!
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 15 2011 23:43 GMT
#1829
On September 16 2011 03:24 ladyumbra wrote:
I would just like to note that that entire SlayerS team was hilarious tonight, they seemed like such an adorable dysfunctional family. I swear group nominations bring out the lulziest in everyone.

Yep, but Ryung is still a psycho.
This guy never misses an opportunity to tell how much he wants to take down his own teammates, despite all logic.
Last time he wanted to have MMA in his group, and I noted it, people told me "hey, it's just a friendly rivalry", this time it's MMA AND Puzzle, this guy just wants to take down his own team. At first I thought it was funny, now I think this guy has a real psychological problem.
rO_Or
Profile Joined October 2010
United States306 Posts
September 15 2011 23:44 GMT
#1830
On September 15 2011 21:24 babysimba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 21:15 Elem wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:12 Hopelessnoob wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:10 hippocritical wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:08 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:07 syllogism wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:05 Fionn wrote:
On September 15 2011 21:04 Gotmog wrote:
Does Huk have some chance in his group ?


On paper, he got the easiest group. Two decent, but very beatable terrans and the weakest or second weakest zerg in a deep zerg line-up.

Zenio is easily better than leenock and possibly better than july and coca. Even losira being better is debatable.

Zenio is always a mega underrated zerg.


+1, Zenio has always had pretty solid mechanics, though in the last few seasons he seems to have hit a really good rhythm with his macro and creep spread. While his decision making isn't on par with say DRG, his macro is easily one the best in the Code S Zergs.

zenio is under rated due to codde S zergs being very good. Nestea DRG July cocoa losira... they are all great so he is overshadowed
Zenio is way better than July. He is so carried by his old BW rep. Just that July is stupidly lucky because he constantly forces coinflips vs superior opponents (read: most of Code S)

I hope you realise it's reactive aggression from july. His builds might be coinflip, but he will only do them if he evaluates them as high probability to succeed. Not to mention July is one of best zergs tactically. Every zergs in code s right now deserve to be there, though i feel zenio is the weakest among them due to his predictable management playstyle.


??
His builds are coinflips but they have a high probability to succeed? Doesn't "coinflip" mean a 50% chance to win?

Anyways, July is still a boss and definitely deserves to be competing in code S. It is so frustrating to see people who don't even play zerg talk about July's style like he is some silver scrub soley based on his non-traditional play. Yes, July doesn't play like IdrA but why do you think he's had so much success. Because out of the top zergs he has the most flexibility and adaptability. He knows when it is more advantageous to be aggressive rather than passive, not only when you are 200/200. At least play zerg before you talk like an expert.
On August 19 2011 00:04 Larryx wrote: The thing is that EU events are so much Difficultier than NA ones.
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
September 15 2011 23:44 GMT
#1831
On September 16 2011 08:43 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 03:24 ladyumbra wrote:
I would just like to note that that entire SlayerS team was hilarious tonight, they seemed like such an adorable dysfunctional family. I swear group nominations bring out the lulziest in everyone.

Yep, but Ryung is still a psycho.
This guy never misses an opportunity to tell how much he wants to take down his own teammates, despite all logic.
Last time he wanted to have MMA in his group, and I noted it, people told me "hey, it's just a friendly rivalry", this time it's MMA AND Puzzle, this guy just wants to take down his own team. At first I thought it was funny, now I think this guy has a real psychological problem.


It could be straight jealousy as well.

I think it is just ridiculous. I think Ryung ACTUALLY wants to knock MMA back to Code A. As for Puzzle, ...I have no answer for Bomber.
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
Censor
Profile Joined March 2011
United States122 Posts
September 15 2011 23:46 GMT
#1832
On September 16 2011 08:25 SpecFire wrote:
Bomber beats Ryung

Nope. Ryung's TvT is just too good, very few players in the GSL could take him on in that matchup, and I dont think that Bomber is one of them.
Fantasy | Hydra | Flash
SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
September 15 2011 23:47 GMT
#1833
On September 16 2011 08:46 Censor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 08:25 SpecFire wrote:
Bomber beats Ryung

Nope. Ryung's TvT is just too good, very few players in the GSL could take him on in that matchup, and I dont think that Bomber is one of them.


You think? I mean both players are definitely good but I think Bomber is just beastly...

then again he lost to Keen last season but...
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 15 2011 23:48 GMT
#1834
On September 16 2011 04:16 usethis2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 04:14 Micket wrote:
People wonder why Huk gets the easier groups? He picks like an intelligent person. There is no MC/SC picking MVP, Keen picking Nada (this happens wayyy too much), MMA picking Nestea, he picks someone he feels is chobo.

Killer, alive and now Virus hardly strike fear in people's eyes and most people would consider nearly every Code S player better than them.

Virus executes some of the deadliest all-ins. I would definitely give him a leg up on almost anyone in BO1.

Virus ? He the definition of a basic macro terran. I'm not even sure I've seen him allin just once.
Censor
Profile Joined March 2011
United States122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 23:52:06
September 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#1835
On September 16 2011 08:47 SpecFire wrote:
You think? I mean both players are definitely good but I think Bomber is just beastly...

then again he lost to Keen last season but...

Bomber's awesome, dont get me wrong, but hes not exactly consistent. Ryung plays a style that is just solid macro and solid timings, I dont think Bomber can beat him.

edit:typos
Fantasy | Hydra | Flash
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 15 2011 23:55 GMT
#1836
On September 16 2011 08:44 SpecFire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 08:43 MrCon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:24 ladyumbra wrote:
I would just like to note that that entire SlayerS team was hilarious tonight, they seemed like such an adorable dysfunctional family. I swear group nominations bring out the lulziest in everyone.

Yep, but Ryung is still a psycho.
This guy never misses an opportunity to tell how much he wants to take down his own teammates, despite all logic.
Last time he wanted to have MMA in his group, and I noted it, people told me "hey, it's just a friendly rivalry", this time it's MMA AND Puzzle, this guy just wants to take down his own team. At first I thought it was funny, now I think this guy has a real psychological problem.


It could be straight jealousy as well.

I think it is just ridiculous. I think Ryung ACTUALLY wants to knock MMA back to Code A. As for Puzzle, ...I have no answer for Bomber.

Yep, absolutely. What I mean is I don't think it's some kind of fake or friendly rivalry, I think if he had a magic stick he would send all the Slayers roster in code B and stay alone in code S.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 00:05:50
September 16 2011 00:04 GMT
#1837
On September 16 2011 08:51 Censor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 08:47 SpecFire wrote:
You think? I mean both players are definitely good but I think Bomber is just beastly...

then again he lost to Keen last season but...

Bomber's awesome, dont get me wrong, but hes not exactly consistent. Ryung plays a style that is just solid macro and solid timings, I dont think Bomber can beat him.

edit:typos

Bomber's beaten Ryung in a bo5 before and plays just as "boring" a style as Ryung (loltastic macro + timings). It can go either way, esp. in bo1. I think Bomber will have the advantage the longer the game goes, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ryung was kidding about his teammates ... for the most part. I do think he's a little miffed that MMA made it to Code S through MLG though.
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
September 16 2011 00:06 GMT
#1838
I like how bomber said he was not happy about having to face mvp in round of 16 after puzzle picked him. Bomber if he plays his best has a very good chance along with mvp of making it near the end or a chance of winning. I think they are the 2 best terrans in code S.
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
September 16 2011 00:08 GMT
#1839
TEE VEE TEE! I want MC back... Well, at least we get some seriously crazy groups of death. This'll be interesting, I think.
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
Censor
Profile Joined March 2011
United States122 Posts
September 16 2011 00:10 GMT
#1840
On September 16 2011 09:04 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 08:51 Censor wrote:
On September 16 2011 08:47 SpecFire wrote:
You think? I mean both players are definitely good but I think Bomber is just beastly...

then again he lost to Keen last season but...

Bomber's awesome, dont get me wrong, but hes not exactly consistent. Ryung plays a style that is just solid macro and solid timings, I dont think Bomber can beat him.

edit:typos

Bomber's beaten Ryung in a bo5 before and plays just as "boring" a style as Ryung (loltastic macro + timings). It can go either way, esp. in bo1. I think Bomber will have the advantage the longer the game goes, though.

I can see where you're coming from. Both are solid, but I really, really like Ryung's TvT. I think its probably the 2nd best in the world behind MVP. Bomber's up there too.

We'll see though, this match is hard to predict, haha
Fantasy | Hydra | Flash
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4715
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 9m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 9m
Replay Cast
22h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.