• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:24
CEST 20:24
KST 03:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9309 users

GSL October Group Selections - Page 90

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1952 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 98 Next
dragoonier
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany154 Posts
September 15 2011 20:07 GMT
#1781
I don't think that maps would help the terran dominace much. I have seen terran in the gsl completly destroy zerg and protoss in the lategame. Although I would say cross taldar'im is zerg favoured, so many big maps would definatly help the zerg a bit.
At the moment a don't mind so many terrans that much because the terran versus protoss metagame in the korea is just ugly. The fear of 1/1/1 dominates almost every game which results in that the protoss either allin or play to safe.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 20:11:34
September 15 2011 20:10 GMT
#1782
On September 16 2011 04:13 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 03:58 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:56 babylon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:51 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:36 Robonord wrote:
I feel like this is Bomber's season. He's finally going not BM so hard and take the title. I also feel like a lot of terrans are going to lose in the group stage. Everyone is going to be practicing their XvT like crazy so I feel like the zergs are gonna have some sick new builds and the protosses will find a better way to deal with 1/1/1.


People have been putting bomber on the same pedestal as mvp saying he'd win a title like 4 months ago. The hype is getting old. The only terran on mvp's level is mvp, end of story. Bomber is on the same tier as mma, mkp, nada, polt, top, etc. (basically all the terrans a tier below mvp). I wouldn't put it past mkp, puzzle, or ryung to knock out bomber first round.

Stop hating on Bomber, and stop being defensive for MVP's sake. Nobody's saying he's on the same tier as MVP -- the comment you quoted didn't even mention MVP at all -- just that he's a guy who could possibly take a championship. That's all. He's dangerous, and people are acknowledging that.


I don't hate on bomber, I just hate all the comments that keep saying he's gonna win the season. He's a contender of course, but every season people make it sound like he's gonna take it all. Getting old. Though he's still dangerous of course.

You're much better off ignoring comments such as those, then. People will cheer for they want to cheer for. I understand your frustration about overhyped players, but I don't think Bomber is overhyped at all, especially compared to players like DRG and -- dare I say it? -- MKP. Even NesTea at times is overhyped (lol ZvT).


You make very good points here and I agree with you overall. I would like to add one thing, though:
NesTea has a 55% win ratio against Terran, which is hilarious, but his win ratio against Terrans who aren't his teammate MVP is 70%. It's still his worst matchup, but NesTea is actually a huge ZvT beast, it just so happens that MVP is better than NesTea at playing against his own practice partner and teammate.

So I'd not consider NesTea overhyped. I'd consider him overMVPed.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
September 15 2011 20:11 GMT
#1783
6 Terrans in the Ro8, calling it now.
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 00:12:11
September 15 2011 20:13 GMT
#1784
20 Terran, 7 zerg and 5 Protoss. This isn't even fun to watch anymore, unfortunately.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 15 2011 20:22 GMT
#1785
What does fakepicked mean?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
September 15 2011 20:27 GMT
#1786
just watched the vods.. dear Jinro, rofl
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
September 15 2011 20:28 GMT
#1787
MKP fans thinking he will advance from his group might be in for a rude awakening. Though he can probably manage to 1 base all-in Puzzle and stay in Code S.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
TVUmK
Profile Joined April 2011
United States91 Posts
September 15 2011 20:30 GMT
#1788
Just the fact that there are 20 terrans ( i counted ) means that MVP will win.
And it will be boring.




Again.
"Just go (freaking) kill him!"-Day9
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 15 2011 20:31 GMT
#1789
On September 16 2011 05:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 04:13 babylon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:58 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:56 babylon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:51 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:36 Robonord wrote:
I feel like this is Bomber's season. He's finally going not BM so hard and take the title. I also feel like a lot of terrans are going to lose in the group stage. Everyone is going to be practicing their XvT like crazy so I feel like the zergs are gonna have some sick new builds and the protosses will find a better way to deal with 1/1/1.


People have been putting bomber on the same pedestal as mvp saying he'd win a title like 4 months ago. The hype is getting old. The only terran on mvp's level is mvp, end of story. Bomber is on the same tier as mma, mkp, nada, polt, top, etc. (basically all the terrans a tier below mvp). I wouldn't put it past mkp, puzzle, or ryung to knock out bomber first round.

Stop hating on Bomber, and stop being defensive for MVP's sake. Nobody's saying he's on the same tier as MVP -- the comment you quoted didn't even mention MVP at all -- just that he's a guy who could possibly take a championship. That's all. He's dangerous, and people are acknowledging that.


I don't hate on bomber, I just hate all the comments that keep saying he's gonna win the season. He's a contender of course, but every season people make it sound like he's gonna take it all. Getting old. Though he's still dangerous of course.

You're much better off ignoring comments such as those, then. People will cheer for they want to cheer for. I understand your frustration about overhyped players, but I don't think Bomber is overhyped at all, especially compared to players like DRG and -- dare I say it? -- MKP. Even NesTea at times is overhyped (lol ZvT).

You make very good points here and I agree with you overall. I would like to add one thing, though:
NesTea has a 55% win ratio against Terran, which is hilarious, but his win ratio against Terrans who aren't his teammate MVP is 70%. It's still his worst matchup, but NesTea is actually a huge ZvT beast, it just so happens that MVP is better than NesTea at playing against his own practice partner and teammate.

So I'd not consider NesTea overhyped. I'd consider him overMVPed.

That's indeed hilarious.

The issue I have with that is if you look at the rest of his record, you realize that he hasn't really played against many notable Terrans period (much less good TvZ Terrans). In the past four months, he's played against sC, Bomber, TOP, Ensnare, MMA, Happy, and MVP. Of those he won, sC threw his series away, Bomber played the dumbest TvZ style ever, Ensnare was -- and still is -- lol-worthy, and Happy almost killed him had it not been for a lucky baneling bomb going off. Meanwhile, he went ahead and lost to all the decent TvZers in Code S.

I mean, you can't disagree that he was overhyped when you had people who said that NesTea would roll over MVP in the Ro16. Nobody in their right mind would've called that; MVP was easily the favorite, and anyone who said otherwise was overrating and overhyping NesTea. Remember that just two months ago we had people saying he was a bonjwa already, which is ridiculous.
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
September 15 2011 20:39 GMT
#1790
I hope there aren't eight Terrans in the Ro8, last GSL was bad enough for TvTs. Also, 62.5% of the participants are Terran players; Protoss and Zergs - STEP UP!
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
September 15 2011 20:41 GMT
#1791
Bomber v Puzzle in finals hopefully. Finals outside of Korea tend to be better than in Korea so probably a 4-3?
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
Pyo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
September 15 2011 20:46 GMT
#1792
lol@Jinro almost causing a shit storm... GSL group selection is always super entertaining.
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
September 15 2011 20:54 GMT
#1793
On September 16 2011 05:31 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 05:10 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 16 2011 04:13 babylon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:58 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:56 babylon wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:51 rysecake wrote:
On September 16 2011 03:36 Robonord wrote:
I feel like this is Bomber's season. He's finally going not BM so hard and take the title. I also feel like a lot of terrans are going to lose in the group stage. Everyone is going to be practicing their XvT like crazy so I feel like the zergs are gonna have some sick new builds and the protosses will find a better way to deal with 1/1/1.


People have been putting bomber on the same pedestal as mvp saying he'd win a title like 4 months ago. The hype is getting old. The only terran on mvp's level is mvp, end of story. Bomber is on the same tier as mma, mkp, nada, polt, top, etc. (basically all the terrans a tier below mvp). I wouldn't put it past mkp, puzzle, or ryung to knock out bomber first round.

Stop hating on Bomber, and stop being defensive for MVP's sake. Nobody's saying he's on the same tier as MVP -- the comment you quoted didn't even mention MVP at all -- just that he's a guy who could possibly take a championship. That's all. He's dangerous, and people are acknowledging that.


I don't hate on bomber, I just hate all the comments that keep saying he's gonna win the season. He's a contender of course, but every season people make it sound like he's gonna take it all. Getting old. Though he's still dangerous of course.

You're much better off ignoring comments such as those, then. People will cheer for they want to cheer for. I understand your frustration about overhyped players, but I don't think Bomber is overhyped at all, especially compared to players like DRG and -- dare I say it? -- MKP. Even NesTea at times is overhyped (lol ZvT).

You make very good points here and I agree with you overall. I would like to add one thing, though:
NesTea has a 55% win ratio against Terran, which is hilarious, but his win ratio against Terrans who aren't his teammate MVP is 70%. It's still his worst matchup, but NesTea is actually a huge ZvT beast, it just so happens that MVP is better than NesTea at playing against his own practice partner and teammate.

So I'd not consider NesTea overhyped. I'd consider him overMVPed.

That's indeed hilarious.

The issue I have with that is if you look at the rest of his record, you realize that he hasn't really played against many notable Terrans period (much less good TvZ Terrans). In the past four months, he's played against sC, Bomber, TOP, Ensnare, MMA, Happy, and MVP. Of those he won, sC threw his series away, Bomber played the dumbest TvZ style ever, Ensnare was -- and still is -- lol-worthy, and Happy almost killed him had it not been for a lucky baneling bomb going off. Meanwhile, he went ahead and lost to all the decent TvZers in Code S.

I mean, you can't disagree that he was overhyped when you had people who said that NesTea would roll over MVP in the Ro16. Nobody in their right mind would've called that; MVP was easily the favorite, and anyone who said otherwise was overrating and overhyping NesTea. Remember that just two months ago we had people saying he was a bonjwa already, which is ridiculous.

I understand your point on Nestea being slightly overhyped (this was Artosis' fault really), I mean, watch his match vs Kyrix and Tastosis are saying how Nestea doesn't make mistakes, doesn't lose games, is unbeatable. Most rational people of course knew he was beatable but was still worthy of 3 GSL championships.

I have to say though, who, other than perhaps DRG (who has limited Bo3 matches played), has a better ZvT record than Nestea?

Losira? No, his win rate is poor. July? His winrate is comparable but he will never be favoured against players that Nestea is favoured against. Coca? If it weren't for MLG, people would consider him awful, his GSL performances have been lacklustre (expect ZvP). Zenio? Again, like Losira and Coca, lower than 50% win rate. Leenock? YEAH GO LEENOCK! He has the best record of anyone. Then, you look at his opponents. They are all of the 'oGsEnsnare' standard, and seeing as he has been manhandled my Marineking multiple times, it is hard to say he will not experience the same from other Code S Terran monsters. So, we have deduced that with the exception of DRG, Nestea most likely has the best ZvT in Code S.
alepov
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands1132 Posts
September 15 2011 20:55 GMT
#1794
lol group B, ouch
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Vegalive
Profile Joined November 2010
United States96 Posts
September 15 2011 20:55 GMT
#1795
On September 16 2011 05:13 Paladia wrote:
20 Terran, 7erg Z and 5 Protoss. This isn't even fun to watch anymore, unfortunately.



This is how I felt when I saw the groups. I also let out a big sigh seeing as how I won't be watching most of the GSL. I don't mind a good TvT, but this many is really causing a lack of interest.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
September 15 2011 20:56 GMT
#1796
lol the jinro thing wasnt even a big deal. its not like jinro got out of control, he was just like wtf it was a joke, dont you koreans get jokes?! jon was freaking out and chae's smirk went running helter skelter.
OgsStump
Profile Joined March 2011
128 Posts
September 15 2011 20:59 GMT
#1797
Every group except E has two terrans... Ughh so much T v T don't think i'll buy a pass this time around
Ryalnos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1946 Posts
September 15 2011 21:07 GMT
#1798
Rofl @ TvTvTvT group A.
Tevo
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 21:09:50
September 15 2011 21:09 GMT
#1799
Jesus Christ what a Terran fest... Hate to say it, but I'm afraid I won't be watching GSL this time around
f0rzaa
Profile Joined August 2011
United States59 Posts
September 15 2011 21:09 GMT
#1800
On September 16 2011 04:17 double620 wrote:
If I were puzzle I would pick bomber too. If terran really wants to kill a toss they will get it and Mc is an example. So why not just pick Bomber and ask for a macro game. In that case, at the time u lose, U feel better, comparing to losing to some bad terrans.

:| Puzzle's going to lose either way, sorry!
got'em
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM839
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 219
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.