• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10816 users

[GSL] July Code A Ro16 Day 2 - Page 120

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 128 Next
Drive_
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada35 Posts
July 01 2011 07:31 GMT
#2381
jinro that style your playing is AMAZING, work on your execution and you'll do well in the future!
Phyxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark681 Posts
July 01 2011 07:31 GMT
#2382
On July 01 2011 16:31 Shalaiyn wrote:
I think we're gonna see foreigner vs foreigner in GSL August Code A RO32 D:

Well that depends on how many of the sick players in code B that makes it in :p
Zinthar
Profile Joined March 2011
United States394 Posts
July 01 2011 07:32 GMT
#2383
On July 01 2011 16:26 Liquid`Jinro wrote:

I thought I was behind because I played so bad in the start... Never realized I was ahead at any point.


Yeah, it seemed pretty clear in the 2nd game that you weren't aware that you were pretty decently ahead at one point after you held his push on your natural -- ahead in supply, scv's and slightly on army too, with a positional & army composition advantage.

asd was able to come back largely due to being able to hold the 9 o'clock expansion quite early.
Seditary
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia7033 Posts
July 01 2011 07:32 GMT
#2384
While its always sad seeing Jinro lose and people's expectations are always high after the previous RO4 results, its obvious that he's on the path back to solid and effective play compared to the last few months.

I am quite encouraged and look forward to further improvement mate.

Just don't take the trials on the way too harshly.
Love is more fun than hate.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2385
On July 01 2011 16:26 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 16:24 pdd wrote:
On July 01 2011 16:22 Plexa wrote:
Theoretically, jinro played a better strategy on the map imo. It just came down to execution and the fact that asd had his 4th for longer with better saturation. Lost too many scvs @ the gold. Oh well

Yeah... Jinro had a very huge positional lead, but kinda let himself down by not executing his harassments and pressures well enough.

I thought I was behind because I played so bad in the start... Never realized I was ahead at any point.

You were ahead positionally, but I realized that at a certain point he started having about a 20-30 supply lead (I figured it was just because bio comes out a lot faster) and your 4th came up later. Probably that could have been the time you realized you forgot your upgrades and started losing focus.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2386
I miss the old seasons of GSL when Jinro was absolutely crushing everyone and consistently placing high in Code S, what happened?
I <3 Plexa.
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2387
On July 01 2011 16:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Sorry I played really badly I couldnt concentrate and forgot everything I was supposed to do, feel terrible about it.

Game one the rax is supposed to scout if banshee or not so I can make an engineering bay in time but I did a terrible job and didnt even see that, then I missed a depot. Game 2 I have no excuse for losing the 1st banshee since thats what should let me build 2 vikigns and defend the push without losing so much....


Dont worry man, true fans will always be fans, through bad and good times. Anyways good games today even if you made some mistakes. Dont feel to bad and go win the next code A:p

SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2388
On July 01 2011 16:32 Seditary wrote:
While its always sad seeing Jinro lose and people's expectations are always high after the previous RO4 results, its obvious that he's on the path back to solid and effective play compared to the last few months.

I am quite encouraged and look forward to further improvement mate.

Just don't take the trials on the way too harshly.


People flip shit every time Jinro, Idra, or huk lose in a tourney.

Just shows they have a lot of fans.
holycrapitsTony
Profile Joined October 2010
United States330 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2389
On July 01 2011 16:33 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I miss the old seasons of GSL when Jinro was absolutely crushing everyone and consistently placing high in Code S, what happened?


He hasn't improved at the same rate as the rest of the players.
NYE: when the match loading screen comes up "zvz" it's like finding out you have hiv
DeathPengu
Profile Joined January 2011
Taiwan137 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2390
On July 01 2011 16:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Sorry I played really badly I couldnt concentrate and forgot everything I was supposed to do, feel terrible about it.

Game one the rax is supposed to scout if banshee or not so I can make an engineering bay in time but I did a terrible job and didnt even see that, then I missed a depot. Game 2 I have no excuse for losing the 1st banshee since thats what should let me build 2 vikigns and defend the push without losing so much....

It's OK. Keep on fighting Jinro, and all your hard work will show us in the next match. Fighting.
joeking2
Profile Joined June 2011
United States15 Posts
July 01 2011 07:33 GMT
#2391
Jinro Fighting!!!! You can do it man
FeastOfThePoops
Profile Joined May 2011
149 Posts
July 01 2011 07:34 GMT
#2392
Nothing like a long chain of soul crushing defeats to make you practice even harder and come back stronger than ever right?
Shinobi1982
Profile Joined January 2011
1605 Posts
July 01 2011 07:34 GMT
#2393
Jinro failed with his hellion harass on several occasions. He could have killed a LOT scv's instead of killing marauders .
Advantage in overall strategy
Disadvantage in micro and multitasking
Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed.
castled
Profile Joined March 2011
United States322 Posts
July 01 2011 07:35 GMT
#2394
So I hope we get some jokes out of the asd vs happy match - almost sad vs happy.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
July 01 2011 07:35 GMT
#2395
asd played ridiculously well that game, that was very very impressive.
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
July 01 2011 07:35 GMT
#2396
Jinro's overall game plan and strategy was solid. The execution was ok, but he made so many small mistakes that added up over time. Usually these small mistakes happen when you're not practicing enough or you're distracted with other personal stuff that's affecting your play.
Don't mind me
Spicy Pepper
Profile Joined December 2009
United States632 Posts
July 01 2011 07:36 GMT
#2397
Second game was the most entertaining TvT I've watched in awhile. Too bad more people aren't recommending it.
Riskr
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany403 Posts
July 01 2011 07:36 GMT
#2398
Well as a fan i´m a bit sad that it went that way.
Keep your head up and move along.
on a sidenote:
i don´t really like blueflame opening tbh.,if you´re opponent is prepared you´re screwed without siege tech.
Also the mobility from Bio against a mechforce is really strong,and if medivacs are out bio is quite more costeffective than Hellions,at least in my opinion.
But your airplay was quite inspiring.
Ain´t no mind to the battles you´ve won!
maryelizbethwinstead
Profile Joined April 2011
Mexico223 Posts
July 01 2011 07:36 GMT
#2399
On July 01 2011 14:25 skullhoof wrote:
If I join IM, I will name myself IMYourDaddy


That's in response to the infamous Zerg, HoSeoDaddy
Lord, teach me to be patient.
pretensile
Profile Joined August 2010
135 Posts
July 01 2011 07:36 GMT
#2400
On July 01 2011 16:28 bennyaus wrote:
Honestly I feel at least we can see Jinro playing at a decent level now. In up and down and Super Tournament he looked in a massive funk, but I think the R32 and this match he showed that he is coming out of that funk. I'm looking forward to the next couple of months.


I agree, I certainly thought Jinro looked quite improved in both games today; definitely nothing to be ashamed of. If the hellions had accomplished what they were intended to do, who knows how game 2 would have turned out? Jinro definitely played asd (who took out the Emperor quite easily) very closely and I wouldn't be surprised to see him showing strong finishes again with some tweaks here and there.

But again, can someone tell me why asd didn't supplant his siege pushes with turrets? The building time is reasonably fast and the cost quite low, especially given the utility they would have provided against cloak banshee play.
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft700
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor90
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King173
Westballz38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor743
Other Games
summit1g10149
C9.Mang0256
Sick171
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Stunt516
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 46m
Online Event
3h 46m
FEL
8h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.