• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9353 users

[NASL] Players (final) - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
4302 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 216 Next
Players such as Jinro, HuK, and Adelscott did not apply for this tour, so don't ask why they aren't on this list. DIMAGA, Kas, and LaLush turned applications in late so they will not appear either. Please take some time to learn who exactly applied.

Please inform yourself about who applied and who didn't.
Reptarem
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
155 Posts
March 23 2011 16:58 GMT
#401
Even if the NASL fails there are bigger and better leagues popping up such as IGN's Proleague which should be awesome. However, I still hope NASL succeeds.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
March 23 2011 16:59 GMT
#402
I'm hoping for the following koreans, in no particular order:

-oGsMC
-IMMVP
-IMNesTea
-ST.July
-TSL_Fruitdealer (I don't care he lost in TSL 1st round, I love FD )
-SlayerS_Ryung
-SlayerS_MMA
-IMLosira
-TSL_Trickster
-SanManZenith
-oGsNaDa
-oGsInca
-ST.Bomber
-Some more I can't remember right now

Yea, that's a lot of koreans, a huge slice of the pie. However, I can't even think of that many EU/NA players I'd like to see play
Kazzabiss
Profile Joined December 2010
1006 Posts
March 23 2011 17:02 GMT
#403
On March 24 2011 01:59 mordk wrote:
I'm hoping for the following koreans, in no particular order:

-oGsMC
-IMMVP
-IMNesTea
-ST.July
-TSL_Fruitdealer (I don't care he lost in TSL 1st round, I love FD )
-SlayerS_Ryung
-SlayerS_MMA
-IMLosira
-TSL_Trickster
-SanManZenith
-oGsNaDa
-oGsInca
-ST.Bomber
-Some more I can't remember right now

Yea, that's a lot of koreans, a huge slice of the pie. However, I can't even think of that many EU/NA players I'd like to see play

O.o no MKP but Inca, Bomber, San, Ryung etc. etc.?

Also lol people still think San is on ZeNEX
ALL ABOARD THE INTERNET BANDWAGON
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
March 23 2011 17:05 GMT
#404
On March 24 2011 02:02 Kazzabiss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 01:59 mordk wrote:
I'm hoping for the following koreans, in no particular order:

-oGsMC
-IMMVP
-IMNesTea
-ST.July
-TSL_Fruitdealer (I don't care he lost in TSL 1st round, I love FD )
-SlayerS_Ryung
-SlayerS_MMA
-IMLosira
-TSL_Trickster
-SanManZenith
-oGsNaDa
-oGsInca
-ST.Bomber
-Some more I can't remember right now

Yea, that's a lot of koreans, a huge slice of the pie. However, I can't even think of that many EU/NA players I'd like to see play

O.o no MKP but Inca, Bomber, San, Ryung etc. etc.?

Also lol people still think San is on ZeNEX


Oh right.. MKP haha.. one more to the list.. and I know san's not on zenex, but his nick is just cooler that way
Riraga
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany13 Posts
March 23 2011 17:06 GMT
#405
5 new players updated:

TLO
Strelok
Slush
Machine
Sen


DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
March 23 2011 17:10 GMT
#406
On March 24 2011 01:40 alexhard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 00:24 DoomsVille wrote:
ou can't expect NASL to get literally the top 50 players in the world playing. And do you guys really think every top korean progamer applied? I mean many of them don't speak a lick of english, so it's pretty hard to make an application video in english...


I'd say that about 45 of the top 50 did apply, so I don't see why not. Just check the application video thread, a ton of ogs/slayers/FOX/startale players applied.

There were only about 20 koreans that applied. It is in NASLs best interest to accept only koreans that are either:
a) Extremely high level close to the top players (MC, MVP, Nestea etc.)
b) Extremely popular (Boxer, Moon, Nada etc.)

Unfortunately there aren't that many that applied that fit into either category. I mean someone like oGsTop doesn't really deserve to be in NASL. Sure he's a solid low level Code S player. But would you really rather watch him struggle in 2 second delay or just have a strong NA or european player? I mean guys like Nestea, Fruitdealer and a bunch others didn't apply. Boxer did. Nada did. MC did. You better believe they will be invited. But I really don't see the point of inviting a bunch of those oGs or Startale players like Cezanne, Bomber, TheWind etc.

You also have to consider the fact that all of the Startale applicants didn't do their video properly. They didn't answer any of the questions NASL wanted answered. They may make an exception for July (because he falls into both categories) but the rest of them shouldn't be invited.

Of the 20 that applied, we will probably see about 6 or 7 get invited. And I think that is how many should be (based on who applied).
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
March 23 2011 17:11 GMT
#407
Sen and Idra in the same group should be cool
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 17:13:32
March 23 2011 17:13 GMT
#408
On March 24 2011 01:59 mordk wrote:
I'm hoping for the following koreans, in no particular order:

-oGsMC
-IMMVP
-IMNesTea
-ST.July
-TSL_Fruitdealer (I don't care he lost in TSL 1st round, I love FD )
-SlayerS_Ryung
-SlayerS_MMA
-IMLosira
-TSL_Trickster
-SanManZenith
-oGsNaDa
-oGsInca
-ST.Bomber
-Some more I can't remember right now

Yea, that's a lot of koreans, a huge slice of the pie. However, I can't even think of that many EU/NA players I'd like to see play

Perfect example of what I'm saying. From everyone on this guys list only MC, July, Nada, Inca and Bomber applied. The majority (MVP, nestea, fruitdealer, trickster etc.) of them didn't.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 23 2011 17:14 GMT
#409
Glad to see Strelok made it.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
March 23 2011 17:18 GMT
#410
no Brat_ok yet...And kas didn't signed?
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 23 2011 17:21 GMT
#411
Of koreans I would like to see:

- oGsMC
- oGsSupernova
- oGsNaDa
- oGsZenio
- SlayerS_Boxer
- SlayerS_Ryung
- ST_Bomber
- ST_Squirtle
- ST_July

then MooN like we have = 10 amazing Koreans that applied.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
March 23 2011 17:27 GMT
#412
All the people hoping for more than maybe 4 Koreans, and those hoping for the best of the best Koreans, are going to be disappointed, I think.

I mean, just look at this first 20 invitees. One Korean, chosen based on his flair more than his skill level. That's a pattern that I'm sure will continue.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
smileyyy
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1816 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 17:31:38
March 23 2011 17:29 GMT
#413
On March 24 2011 02:27 motbob wrote:
All the people hoping for more than maybe 4 Koreans, and those hoping for the best of the best Koreans, are going to be disappointed, I think.

I mean, just look at this first 20 invitees. One Korean, chosen based on his flair more than his skill level. That's a pattern that I'm sure will continue.

I am not suprised at all. Since they were saying in the beginning that they might limit koreans to max 5 :D. Otherwise it would be another GSL.

Moon / Boxer / NaDa / July maybe a P like sangho


It is supposed to be Westerner / North America League so ~~~. I just hope that there arent too many Americans :D.

I think its awesome to follow a player whom you can connect to but in the end it is skill that matters :=)
Fruitseller: I feel like it's a good strategy[6Pool]. I had a lot of strategies, but I thought about it a lot and decided to 6 pool. Other people told me to 6 pool too
HowSoOnIsNow
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada480 Posts
March 23 2011 17:29 GMT
#414
On March 24 2011 02:10 DoomsVille wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 01:40 alexhard wrote:
On March 24 2011 00:24 DoomsVille wrote:
ou can't expect NASL to get literally the top 50 players in the world playing. And do you guys really think every top korean progamer applied? I mean many of them don't speak a lick of english, so it's pretty hard to make an application video in english...


I'd say that about 45 of the top 50 did apply, so I don't see why not. Just check the application video thread, a ton of ogs/slayers/FOX/startale players applied.

There were only about 20 koreans that applied. It is in NASLs best interest to accept only koreans that are either:
a) Extremely high level close to the top players (MC, MVP, Nestea etc.)
b) Extremely popular (Boxer, Moon, Nada etc.)

Unfortunately there aren't that many that applied that fit into either category. I mean someone like oGsTop doesn't really deserve to be in NASL. Sure he's a solid low level Code S player. But would you really rather watch him struggle in 2 second delay or just have a strong NA or european player? I mean guys like Nestea, Fruitdealer and a bunch others didn't apply. Boxer did. Nada did. MC did. You better believe they will be invited. But I really don't see the point of inviting a bunch of those oGs or Startale players like Cezanne, Bomber, TheWind etc.

You also have to consider the fact that all of the Startale applicants didn't do their video properly. They didn't answer any of the questions NASL wanted answered. They may make an exception for July (because he falls into both categories) but the rest of them shouldn't be invited.

Of the 20 that applied, we will probably see about 6 or 7 get invited. And I think that is how many should be (based on who applied).


Ace won IEM, he should be totally invited. It would be quite insulting to me that they invite moon but not the guy that actually defeated him.

Plus, Bomber is probably the best Terran in the world. He's not known, and it would be interesting to discover the guy trough a foreign tournament. I personally have no idea who the fuck is Cruncher. Why is he invited? What are his achievements? What are the achievements of most of these players? I prefer to see Bomber play with delay than Fenix without. Have you seen him play during TSL? Amateur stuff right there...
Real mens play Zerg.. Startale fighting.
Gator
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States3432 Posts
March 23 2011 17:31 GMT
#415
wow these groups seem so sick so far and they will only get better. can't wait for the NASL!!!
TSM
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
March 23 2011 17:33 GMT
#416
On March 24 2011 02:29 HowSoOnIsNow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 02:10 DoomsVille wrote:
On March 24 2011 01:40 alexhard wrote:
On March 24 2011 00:24 DoomsVille wrote:
ou can't expect NASL to get literally the top 50 players in the world playing. And do you guys really think every top korean progamer applied? I mean many of them don't speak a lick of english, so it's pretty hard to make an application video in english...


I'd say that about 45 of the top 50 did apply, so I don't see why not. Just check the application video thread, a ton of ogs/slayers/FOX/startale players applied.

There were only about 20 koreans that applied. It is in NASLs best interest to accept only koreans that are either:
a) Extremely high level close to the top players (MC, MVP, Nestea etc.)
b) Extremely popular (Boxer, Moon, Nada etc.)

Unfortunately there aren't that many that applied that fit into either category. I mean someone like oGsTop doesn't really deserve to be in NASL. Sure he's a solid low level Code S player. But would you really rather watch him struggle in 2 second delay or just have a strong NA or european player? I mean guys like Nestea, Fruitdealer and a bunch others didn't apply. Boxer did. Nada did. MC did. You better believe they will be invited. But I really don't see the point of inviting a bunch of those oGs or Startale players like Cezanne, Bomber, TheWind etc.

You also have to consider the fact that all of the Startale applicants didn't do their video properly. They didn't answer any of the questions NASL wanted answered. They may make an exception for July (because he falls into both categories) but the rest of them shouldn't be invited.

Of the 20 that applied, we will probably see about 6 or 7 get invited. And I think that is how many should be (based on who applied).


Ace won IEM, he should be totally invited. It would be quite insulting to me that they invite moon but not the guy that actually defeated him.

Plus, Bomber is probably the best Terran in the world. He's not known, and it would be interesting to discover the guy trough a foreign tournament. I personally have no idea who the fuck is Cruncher. Why is he invited? What are his achievements? What are the achievements of most of these players? I prefer to see Bomber play with delay than Fenix without. Have you seen him play during TSL? Amateur stuff right there...

I agree, players like Cezanne and Bomber are way better than some guys that are already invited, and will probably be better than most of the other guys that are going to be let in.
I still don't like the ''Not much Koreans'' thing, because really, they aren't going to go through a 1024 (?) qualifier for the NASL, which is sad imo because that really limits the excitement in such a tournament.
It appears I have been chosen.
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
March 23 2011 17:34 GMT
#417
While I still have hope that the remaining 30 players contain more koreans, seeing only 1 revealed so far is leaving me feeling like I'm going to be disappointed. Glad to see Sen invited though, love that guy
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
March 23 2011 17:36 GMT
#418
On March 24 2011 02:29 HowSoOnIsNow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 02:10 DoomsVille wrote:
On March 24 2011 01:40 alexhard wrote:
On March 24 2011 00:24 DoomsVille wrote:
ou can't expect NASL to get literally the top 50 players in the world playing. And do you guys really think every top korean progamer applied? I mean many of them don't speak a lick of english, so it's pretty hard to make an application video in english...


I'd say that about 45 of the top 50 did apply, so I don't see why not. Just check the application video thread, a ton of ogs/slayers/FOX/startale players applied.

There were only about 20 koreans that applied. It is in NASLs best interest to accept only koreans that are either:
a) Extremely high level close to the top players (MC, MVP, Nestea etc.)
b) Extremely popular (Boxer, Moon, Nada etc.)

Unfortunately there aren't that many that applied that fit into either category. I mean someone like oGsTop doesn't really deserve to be in NASL. Sure he's a solid low level Code S player. But would you really rather watch him struggle in 2 second delay or just have a strong NA or european player? I mean guys like Nestea, Fruitdealer and a bunch others didn't apply. Boxer did. Nada did. MC did. You better believe they will be invited. But I really don't see the point of inviting a bunch of those oGs or Startale players like Cezanne, Bomber, TheWind etc.

You also have to consider the fact that all of the Startale applicants didn't do their video properly. They didn't answer any of the questions NASL wanted answered. They may make an exception for July (because he falls into both categories) but the rest of them shouldn't be invited.

Of the 20 that applied, we will probably see about 6 or 7 get invited. And I think that is how many should be (based on who applied).


Ace won IEM, he should be totally invited. It would be quite insulting to me that they invite moon but not the guy that actually defeated him.

Plus, Bomber is probably the best Terran in the world. He's not known, and it would be interesting to discover the guy trough a foreign tournament. I personally have no idea who the fuck is Cruncher. Why is he invited? What are his achievements? What are the achievements of most of these players? I prefer to see Bomber play with delay than Fenix without. Have you seen him play during TSL? Amateur stuff right there...

This is an american tournament leading to a huge american LAN tournament. They just can't justify invited every korean that has performed well. If they do and the top 16 end up having 8 koreans in it, they just won't have the audience coming out to watch it. They can only invite the most popular/highest level koreans. By highest level i mean GSL winning level. And by most popular I mean Boxer, Moon, Nada level. I'm sorry but Ace just doesn't fit in either group.

This isn't GSL. This isn't held in Korea. This is an american tournament that will have the finals in America. And Americans just won't show up unless they have Americans to cheer for.
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
March 23 2011 17:37 GMT
#419
Is it possible that the Koreans have been slow in getting their deposit in and that is why only 1 has been mentioned?
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 17:39:39
March 23 2011 17:39 GMT
#420
I doubt it. I think they are saving the biggest names for last (Boxer, Nada). I don't think you'll see more than 6 or so Koreans at all. And that is fully justified for an american tournament.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Patches Events
19h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.