• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:58
CEST 08:58
KST 15:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9438 users

MLG DC Day 2 - Page 204

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 335 Next
Kage
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
India788 Posts
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4061
SeleCT has incredible control over his stamina. That in itself is the most interesting thing to observe and note. Every game he has around 250 apm played over what 7 opponents in best of 3's? And then Tyler? Definitely commendable.

He would my hero if he could do that without just the mmm bio ball, but nevertheless very very impressive.
Arkedo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States95 Posts
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4062
dam you huk fashion trend!!!!!
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-16 21:03:12
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4063
On October 17 2010 05:53 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 05:49 sleepingdog wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:45 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
way to completely ignore select's incredible micro and decision-making!


I just don't get why you can't complain about boring MMM-tactics AND appreciate selects play at the same time?

I mean, I think select is one of the very best terrans in the western hemisphere when it comes down to micro....but still I find his gamestyle/overall-concept very predictable and boring; why does everything has to be black and white? why must it always come to either be 100% in favour or 100% against a player? there are aspects I admire about select's play and aspects I don't like; same goes for pretty much every player; what's wrong with that?


if those games weren't interesting to you simply because they featured a bio ball (reading this post of yours i don't think that's the case for you, but certainly for others here) then you (using the term "you" loosely here!) are missing out on incredibly important aspects of this game and simply seeing 'well he made some marauders', that makes you a bad player and "you" should keep quiet!


hmmm...I get your point, but I'm probably "biased" on this aspect because I come from warcraft 3; in warcraft 3 it was ALWAYS the same, there was no variety at all; there was one BO in each MU, you did it, and if you were better at micro you won, if not...duh...

watching MMM being effective vs basicly everything brings back bad memories of watching mass-casters in warcraft 3 (vanilla), be it either from orc or from human; I guess I just don't get excited over great micro that easily anymore lol, I simply love watching versatile players who often do kinky stuff to catch their opponents off guard; like fruitseller vs poor inca in GSL

but I never meant to discredit select in any way
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4064
btw anyone know how this series will start?

they havent met before so i assume its 0-0 and not an extended series?

Sramota
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden183 Posts
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4065
The gaylord national?
FUMP!
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
October 16 2010 21:01 GMT
#4066
prediction:

mm every game. coupled with either medivacs or 2-4 vikings.
TheWoodLeagueAllstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom617 Posts
October 16 2010 21:02 GMT
#4067
On October 17 2010 05:58 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 05:56 Frack wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:53 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:49 sleepingdog wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:45 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
way to completely ignore select's incredible micro and decision-making!


I just don't get why you can't complain about boring MMM-tactics AND appreciate selects play at the same time?

I mean, I think select is one of the very best terrans in the western hemisphere when it comes down to micro....but still I find his gamestyle/overall-concept very predictable and boring; why does everything has to be black and white? why must it always come to either be 100% in favour or 100% against a player? there are aspects I admire about select's play and aspects I don't like; same goes for pretty much every player; what's wrong with that?


if those games weren't interesting to you simply because they featured a bio ball (reading this post of yours i don't think that's the case for you, but certainly for others here) then you (using the term "you" loosely here!) are missing out on incredibly important aspects of this game and simply seeing 'well he made some marauders', that makes you a bad player and "you" should keep quiet!

I fail to see how me having a supposedly "Greater understanding" of the game would change my opinion of the games i saw, i think its an elitist argument on a base level and on a greater level its not really a counter at all to what im saying, its sitting in the camp of "well you just wouldnt understand, its a bit over your head". I have said again and again that just because i thought the game was boring doesnt mean intrinsically it was to anyone else, but im allowed to have my opinion regardless. I appreciate his micro and i think he deserved the victory, but so far as being a spectator is concerned if the whole tournament was like that then id be sorely dissapointed.


i don't understand how you can completely seperate yourself into two entities like that. the 'spectator' who is easily bored by seeing the same units over and over, and the 'player' who appreciates the tremendous display of skill that was select vs nony. i don't understand how ANY competitive player can be bored of a sc2 match simply because he's seen marauders before.

Why not? I play football, i played semi pro football before an injury and i feel i can say a football game is boring despite clinical things happening and despite appreciating that a team uses a tactic that is effective. For example, a football team over here used route one goal kick to the opponents area every game, they rely on tall players to knock the ball on and fast players in behind to score. They do this every game, every free kick, every corner, tall players knock on quick players get in behind. I have played football to an ok standard, i have used this tactic and had it used against me, it is very simple in practice and works well against most teams but that doesnt mean the tactic itself is not horrendously boring to watch and, although effective is dispiriting to play in.

The same way i can use mmm, i can use it successfully and i can win with it, that doesnt mean the tactic isnt boring, doesnt mean i havent seen it hundreds of times and doesnt mean, like football, that though i can appreciate the tactic that i dont find it extremely boring to watch and play.

So there, hope that clarifies :/
Bunker rushing is the way to a mans heart <3
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
October 16 2010 21:02 GMT
#4068
On October 17 2010 05:58 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 05:56 Frack wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:53 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:49 sleepingdog wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:45 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
way to completely ignore select's incredible micro and decision-making!


I just don't get why you can't complain about boring MMM-tactics AND appreciate selects play at the same time?

I mean, I think select is one of the very best terrans in the western hemisphere when it comes down to micro....but still I find his gamestyle/overall-concept very predictable and boring; why does everything has to be black and white? why must it always come to either be 100% in favour or 100% against a player? there are aspects I admire about select's play and aspects I don't like; same goes for pretty much every player; what's wrong with that?


if those games weren't interesting to you simply because they featured a bio ball (reading this post of yours i don't think that's the case for you, but certainly for others here) then you (using the term "you" loosely here!) are missing out on incredibly important aspects of this game and simply seeing 'well he made some marauders', that makes you a bad player and "you" should keep quiet!

I fail to see how me having a supposedly "Greater understanding" of the game would change my opinion of the games i saw, i think its an elitist argument on a base level and on a greater level its not really a counter at all to what im saying, its sitting in the camp of "well you just wouldnt understand, its a bit over your head". I have said again and again that just because i thought the game was boring doesnt mean intrinsically it was to anyone else, but im allowed to have my opinion regardless. I appreciate his micro and i think he deserved the victory, but so far as being a spectator is concerned if the whole tournament was like that then id be sorely dissapointed.


i don't understand how you can completely seperate yourself into two entities like that. the 'spectator' who is easily bored by seeing the same units over and over, and the 'player' who appreciates the tremendous display of skill that was select vs nony. i don't understand how ANY competitive player can be bored of a sc2 match simply because he's seen marauders before.


I think his argument is that the games aren't particularly varied and that the unit mixes from Terran have been very similar in every TvP mu today, yet that doesn't prevent good players from appreciating good play. Seems like a reasonable observation right now from a spectator standpoint, the other mu's have been a lot more enjoyable to watch from a casual spectator standpoint.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
SavX
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom51 Posts
October 16 2010 21:02 GMT
#4069
On October 17 2010 06:01 Sramota wrote:
The gaylord national?


I heard it
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 16 2010 21:02 GMT
#4070
On October 17 2010 06:01 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 05:53 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:49 sleepingdog wrote:
On October 17 2010 05:45 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
way to completely ignore select's incredible micro and decision-making!


I just don't get why you can't complain about boring MMM-tactics AND appreciate selects play at the same time?

I mean, I think select is one of the very best terrans in the western hemisphere when it comes down to micro....but still I find his gamestyle/overall-concept very predictable and boring; why does everything has to be black and white? why must it always come to either be 100% in favour or 100% against a player? there are aspects I admire about select's play and aspects I don't like; same goes for pretty much every player; what's wrong with that?


if those games weren't interesting to you simply because they featured a bio ball (reading this post of yours i don't think that's the case for you, but certainly for others here) then you (using the term "you" loosely here!) are missing out on incredibly important aspects of this game and simply seeing 'well he made some marauders', that makes you a bad player and "you" should keep quiet!


hmmm...I get your point, but I'm probably "biased" on this aspect because I come from warcraft 3; in warcraft 3 it was ALWAYS the same, there was no variety at all; there was one BO in each MU, you did it, and if you were better at micro you won, if not...duh...

watching MMM being effective vs basicly everything brings back bad memories of watching mass-casters in warcraft 3 (vanilla), be it either from orc or from human; I guess I just don't get excited over great micro that easily anymore lol, I simply love watching versatile players who often do kinky stuff to catch their opponents off guard; like fruitseller vs poor inca in GSL

MMM is a composition, not a BO.

You can open a variety of ways in TvP while making MMM.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
October 16 2010 21:02 GMT
#4071
So the brAckets are wrong and select beat nony? Sorry I'm out of town following on phone with brackets. Also why isn't jp casting anymore?
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
October 16 2010 21:03 GMT
#4072
On October 17 2010 06:02 crms wrote:
So the brAckets are wrong and select beat nony? Sorry I'm out of town following on phone with brackets. Also why isn't jp casting anymore?

Correct, and DJWheat/JP seem to be alternating.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
October 16 2010 21:03 GMT
#4073
ohgod, more backdoor
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
October 16 2010 21:03 GMT
#4074
Again with that backdoor lol
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Goggalor
Profile Joined August 2010
United States310 Posts
October 16 2010 21:03 GMT
#4075
We ALLLL love the back door!
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself - Carl Sagan
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
October 16 2010 21:03 GMT
#4076
Trying to boil down my thoughts that came from this series.

1.) It is too easy for a terran to take an early game advantage.
2.) Too easy for a terran to overcome a protoss advantage.
3.) Too difficult for a protoss to rip an advantage from the terran.

I don't dislike select but his effective abuse of these three facts made me cringe. Reason 1 not too big a deal but combination of 2 and 3 are painful. Definitely waiting to see how kiwi plays PvT but that is how the series looked.
Sramota
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden183 Posts
October 16 2010 21:04 GMT
#4077
On October 17 2010 06:02 SavX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 06:01 Sramota wrote:
The gaylord national?


I heard it

Mixed with Wheat repeating what he wants the units to do with the backdoor..
I dunno, but there's something going on here..
FUMP!
IntoTheBush
Profile Joined July 2010
United States552 Posts
October 16 2010 21:04 GMT
#4078
not hating but I think they could get a better co-commentator than DjWheat. Studders too much lol
beetoo
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden92 Posts
October 16 2010 21:04 GMT
#4079
On October 17 2010 06:02 crms wrote:
So the brAckets are wrong and select beat nony? Sorry I'm out of town following on phone with brackets. Also why isn't jp casting anymore?


Yup, select beat tyler. JP and DJ are switching in between games.
Swirlyball!
Synche
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1345 Posts
October 16 2010 21:04 GMT
#4080
I like JP, DJ isn't as polished.
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8070
WinterStarcraft604
ceh9414
Happy203
Sick157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.