• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:39
CEST 07:39
KST 14:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8729 users

New England Starcraft 2 LANapalooza - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
August 30 2010 15:51 GMT
#141
On August 30 2010 23:20 DamnCats wrote:
Make MyLife play on a Nintendo DS screen. Damn guy.


Cats mad cuz he lost to bitters and didnt get no monies?!?!?
dreadl0000rd
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
August 30 2010 16:03 GMT
#142
Well, After reading these last 2 pages im kind of shocked. The pictures on the website, are VERY out of date. The LAN center is not set up like this and will be changed to make this tourney convenient as possible.

Monitor Issue...The problem with this is, if someone brings their monitor, and they get knocked out of a tourney. Are they going to want to sit around and wait for it to finish so they can get their equipment back? Most likely not.

BYOC - This is not even remotely an option for many reasons. Computer nerds have infected computers first off. Its a fact, and we don't need peoples computers infecting others. Second! Cheat's, macro's, anything that would not be legit. It would take so very much time to go through every persons computer to make sure none of this is present. At that rate, the tourney would last 2 days. If this has a good turnout and seems like something that we would like to do again in the future, then I will definitely speak to my boy who runs the place and have a BYOC weekend tourney event.

What im getting at is we cant have people playing mind games and threatening to leave the brackets cause they are not kosher with the equipment or the setup. I dont want to waste spots on the bracket for people who are willing to come and play no matter the setup. Since I will be there until the event is completely over, I would not mind bringing my 22` LG from home, not a problem. If we can turn up 3 others as well, then we will swap the monitors out.

Shoutcasting - You guys are more then welcome to bring your own computer's to do shoutcasting as your PC's would have no effect on the game play of the tourney. We have many projectors aimed at the walls that you can use.

ANY other questions, feel free to ask.
The moment you challenged me was the moment you sealed your fate....
dreadl0000rd
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
August 30 2010 16:06 GMT
#143
If we've got widescreen monitors and high res, sweet. If we've got 13 inch CRTs, just as well. Let's just have some fun



Amen to that, great attitude.
The moment you challenged me was the moment you sealed your fate....
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 16:26:33
August 30 2010 16:22 GMT
#144
On August 31 2010 01:03 dreadl0000rd wrote:
Monitor Issue...The problem with this is, if someone brings their monitor, and they get knocked out of a tourney. Are they going to want to sit around and wait for it to finish so they can get their equipment back? Most likely not.


I've already offered to bring my 2 monitors and I WILL be staying for the whole event.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 30 2010 16:31 GMT
#145
On August 31 2010 01:03 dreadl0000rd wrote:
Shoutcasting - You guys are more then welcome to bring your own computer's to do shoutcasting as your PC's would have no effect on the game play of the tourney. We have many projectors aimed at the walls that you can use.

I sent an e-mail to the LAN asking about a/v hookups in case I need to grab adapters for the casting. I'll post up the info here for Ryan, unless you already have the info, then I'd need it from you XD
Founder of the New England SC2 League
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
August 30 2010 17:13 GMT
#146
when i originally talked to muzzy about casting we agreed it owuld be easiest to just use a microphone or something already at the LAN as opposed to internet streaming, therefore I wasn't planning on bringing my entire PC as it's not needed!

4 weeks to go im so excited!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
August 30 2010 17:45 GMT
#147
On August 31 2010 02:13 RyanRushia wrote:
when i originally talked to muzzy about casting we agreed it owuld be easiest to just use a microphone or something already at the LAN as opposed to internet streaming, therefore I wasn't planning on bringing my entire PC as it's not needed!

4 weeks to go im so excited!


The point of the PC is for projection quality, not internet access, at least as far as I could tell.

Would rather have the games cast in the highest detail we can get since they will be blown up.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 30 2010 18:13 GMT
#148
^ This
Best I can do is high. Even w/o any recording software running my vid card just can't handle super duper sexy.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
dreadl0000rd
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
August 30 2010 19:22 GMT
#149
Yeah like I said im sure you guys want the stream to have the best possible quality. So feel free to bring your whole PC setup, and Ill make sure you and who ever else has a nice separate table for you guys. I believe the projectors are all networked through the entire building so that shouldn't be an issue. If there is anything else I can do, let me know. As of right now, we have 3 22' LCD monitors. If we can get one more, then I will be down for swapping them out

Monitor Swaps:
dreadl0000rd - 1 LG 22' LCD
Hasire - 2 22' LCD's

The moment you challenged me was the moment you sealed your fate....
dreadl0000rd
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
August 30 2010 19:25 GMT
#150
The stream is up to you guys, I do not know a whole lot about streaming matches online. This would be very cool. I dont know if we would have alot of viewers and if it would be worth your hassle.
The moment you challenged me was the moment you sealed your fate....
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 20:05 GMT
#151
On August 31 2010 04:22 dreadl0000rd wrote:
Yeah like I said im sure you guys want the stream to have the best possible quality. So feel free to bring your whole PC setup, and Ill make sure you and who ever else has a nice separate table for you guys. I believe the projectors are all networked through the entire building so that shouldn't be an issue. If there is anything else I can do, let me know. As of right now, we have 3 22' LCD monitors. If we can get one more, then I will be down for swapping them out

Monitor Swaps:
dreadl0000rd - 1 LG 22' LCD
Hasire - 2 22' LCD's


Ok great, so one more widescreen and we're all set...

Actually, I just realized- I could probably grab an old 22" I gave to my sister, 'cause she is out of the country until November...
It displays at 1680x1050 native, though. I think Hasire said his does 1440x990. Do you know what resolution your 22" does Dread?
It's not a big deal if 2 machines do 1440x990 and two do 1680x1050, as long as the opponents are playing at the same res.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 20:06 GMT
#152
On August 31 2010 00:24 Ddraig wrote:
If we've got widescreen monitors and high res, sweet. If we've got 13 inch CRTs, just as well. Let's just have some fun

Amen to that! It's about fun, guys.
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 20:28:32
August 30 2010 20:25 GMT
#153
I'm on 19", but as you said if its 2 and 2, we should be fine.

Edit: Most people aren't going to have an issue with 19 v 22 as long as they are both showing in 16 or close to it. The only issue anyone ever had was using 4:3 since SC2 is too generous with monitor fitting.
Scorcher2k
Profile Joined November 2009
United States802 Posts
August 30 2010 20:25 GMT
#154
I would have liked to join this. Wish I had seen the thread sooner. I might just come up to hang out.
LazyMacro
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
976 Posts
August 30 2010 20:37 GMT
#155
I think muzzy has a waiting list. Either way, come and hang out. This is going to be a great event.
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
August 30 2010 21:10 GMT
#156
On August 31 2010 05:25 Hasire wrote:
I'm on 19", but as you said if its 2 and 2, we should be fine.

Edit: Most people aren't going to have an issue with 19 v 22 as long as they are both showing in 16 or close to it. The only issue anyone ever had was using 4:3 since SC2 is too generous with monitor fitting.


Yea Hasire said his were 19" not 22" guys. I also said i have a 19" 1440 : 900 So if we could get one more 1440 : 900 then everyone would be playing on the same monitors. I believe 19" 1440 : 900 are the monitors that all major companies are shipping with standard machines for the last year or so (like dell/hp etc) So im guessing someone out of the 30+ people going has one.
dreadl0000rd
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
August 30 2010 21:27 GMT
#157
My 22` LG can do any resolution 1600+ no problem.
The moment you challenged me was the moment you sealed your fate....
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 23:48 GMT
#158
On August 31 2010 05:25 Scorcher2k wrote:
I would have liked to join this. Wish I had seen the thread sooner. I might just come up to hang out.

Yup, just PM me your Battle.net name and race you play if you want to go on the reserve list.
Either way, feel free to come check out the event. We'll try to make things as interesting as possible for spectators, with RyanRushia/Drogith helping out with casting.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 31 2010 13:52 GMT
#159
Hey muzzy, just curious, do you want this listed under events over on the top right of the boards in the calendar section?
Founder of the New England SC2 League
AraqirG
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States266 Posts
August 31 2010 14:08 GMT
#160
I've got a 22" with a native res of 1920x1080 I could bring if need be.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2020
Snow 157
910 40
Bale 28
ZergMaN 16
Noble 16
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Fuzer 19
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
C9.Mang0184
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1177
WinterStarcraft605
Other Games
summit1g7570
JimRising 620
PiGStarcraft314
ArmadaUGS139
Sick129
Maynarde129
RuFF_SC289
Livibee73
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick602
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Lourlo1224
• Rush1037
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 21m
OSC
7h 21m
Stellar Fest
7h 21m
OSC
18h 21m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.