• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:01
CEST 12:01
KST 19:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)37Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

New England Starcraft 2 LANapalooza - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 06:13:56
August 29 2010 06:13 GMT
#121
Hey Muzzy, I've got 2 1440 : 900 res [19 inch] monitors I would gladly bring for use in the tourny.

Both have HDMI and RGB inputs, but one is HP and the other is ASUS so they are not clones.


1440 : 900 is a really common sized monitor, so if we could get a few more people to bring tech, we should be able to fix this issue.


Edit: 1440 : 900 did some emoticon nonsense
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 09:44:09
August 29 2010 09:43 GMT
#122
Yea i mean arent widescreens the most common nowadayzz anyway? There shouldnt really be any reason why everyone cant chip in and each bring a wide screen monitor for playing on. I guess i understand your fairness issue but thats still a stupid reason to force everyone to play on ancient monitors. Btw ive got a 19" 1440 : 900 Monitor as well so thats 3. All we would need is one more.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 29 2010 11:46 GMT
#123
I'm kind of curious how ryan and myself are going to be doing commentary for matches if you can't bring your own equip? Do they already have a comp/big screen/mic setup to do so?
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
August 29 2010 12:07 GMT
#124
On August 29 2010 20:46 Drogith wrote:
I'm kind of curious how ryan and myself are going to be doing commentary for matches if you can't bring your own equip? Do they already have a comp/big screen/mic setup to do so?


From what I've seen on the center's site, its not going to be pretty.

There seems to one room with all the PCs in it and several smaller rooms that MIGHT have a projector in them. I would REALLY hope we could get permission to have someone bring a half-decent tower so spectated games can be in Ultra.


The room with computers, the projector here will be useless for casting:
[image loading]

The closest I could find to a room that would allow casting:
[image loading]


Unless the center has stuff they aren't showing, spectating is going to be a real pain.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
August 29 2010 12:46 GMT
#125
commentating isnt the highest of priorities here imo, it was an idea i tossed out to muzzy but if it doesnt work out then it's not the biggest of concerns for me
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
August 29 2010 12:59 GMT
#126
Well yeah, but if you're doing ~64 matches in a day, 2 at a time, spectating needs to be a priority.

Especially with the number of TvTs we have, you could potentially go 2 hours without a game.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
August 29 2010 13:06 GMT
#127
i mean the spectating he said will occur via a projected room so that is definitly going on.. but the whole commentating part isnt as necessary imo, but ill still gladly do it if its requested
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 29 2010 13:53 GMT
#128
Hmmm. From the looks of it, they have a laptop hooked up to that monitor. If SC2 can run on it, could at least run 1 spectator through it onto the big screen, but yeah, with how tight everyone is (think I saw 8 PCs in that little area), doing any commentary would be a real pain more so that people may hear the commentator. That being said I think just speccing that in another room would work. That bar does look enticing though.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 29 2010 15:20 GMT
#129
Those pictures don't really give you an idea how we're going to have the tournament setup.

We are going to have two separate rooms setup with 2 PCs in each, so opponents will not be in the same room as one another. We are not using the standard setup they have for walk-in LAN players. This way there is no possible issue of cross talk between folks watching and spoiling the game.

For casting, you are more than welcome to bring your own computer, so casting can be in whatever detail your machine can handle. There are several projectors and large areas with couches/seating. I'm not concerned at all about space and play area.

We're paying $5 a head for as much time as we need. That's an extremely generous offer.
Also, think about what you're going for- A day of StarCraft with Team Liquid members. It's supposed to be fun.

If you're going into this for the prize and thinking this is some sort of Intel sponsored event with a shiny stage, you're going to be disappointed.

I'll PM you about the screens, Hasire. I have a friend that might be able to furnish a screen as well. My only concern, as I mentioned, is that I want everyone playing at the same resolution.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
August 29 2010 23:19 GMT
#130
come on TL! if 2-ish people drop out need to fill those spots :D
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
hpTheGreat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States173 Posts
August 30 2010 00:50 GMT
#131
make it a 64 player tournament! I want to play!
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
August 30 2010 00:53 GMT
#132
hpthegreat it was filled at 32 but at least 1 and possibly 2 dropped out so you should post your info anyway!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
hpTheGreat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States173 Posts
August 30 2010 00:57 GMT
#133
oh, what kind of info?

hpthegreat.134
zerg
diamond (~900)

That enough?
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 02:09 GMT
#134
On August 30 2010 09:57 hpTheGreat wrote:
oh, what kind of info?

hpthegreat.134
zerg
diamond (~900)

That enough?

I put you on the reserve list, hp. We had one spot open up, but another player was already on the list waiting to get in. I'm sure a spot will open up though, I'll add you if it does.
Dukat
Profile Joined April 2009
United States235 Posts
August 30 2010 02:22 GMT
#135
You know, I think if I have the time off and the cash I might pop down to hang out. Not really interested in playing the tourney, but at least to hang out.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 05:00 GMT
#136
On August 30 2010 11:22 Dukat wrote:
You know, I think if I have the time off and the cash I might pop down to hang out. Not really interested in playing the tourney, but at least to hang out.

No charge if you're just there as a spectator. Just buy a drink or something to help support the place
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
August 30 2010 08:08 GMT
#137
Er Muzzy, wasn't it a bit quick to remove Catreina since the reason he dropped didn't turn out to be true? You lead him to believe no effort was going to be made to fix the issue and he got taunted into making a post saying he was leaving earlier than he actually needed to.

I would imagine with the new monitor situation he would still want to be a part of this.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 30 2010 13:48 GMT
#138
On August 30 2010 17:08 Hasire wrote:
Er Muzzy, wasn't it a bit quick to remove Catreina since the reason he dropped didn't turn out to be true? You lead him to believe no effort was going to be made to fix the issue and he got taunted into making a post saying he was leaving earlier than he actually needed to.

I would imagine with the new monitor situation he would still want to be a part of this.

We don't have confirmation of widescreen monitors yet. . You're volunteering to bring two of the same res, but I still need to work out the other two. While I would hope that we can get two more at 1440x990, I want to make sure before committing to that promise.

Nobody forced Catreina to leave... he said if he could not bring his own PC he would leave. Well, we certainly are not having a BYOC event, no matter how the monitor situation ends up.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
August 30 2010 14:20 GMT
#139
Make MyLife play on a Nintendo DS screen. Damn guy.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
Ddraig
Profile Joined June 2010
United States16 Posts
August 30 2010 15:24 GMT
#140
Wow, what happened to the good vibe this thread had going? We've got a solid page and a half of pure negativity here. Cmon guys, the event is what it is and it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun. I play on a little laptop screen at the lowest res and I still love the damn game and stay halfway competitive. If you're looking for a sponsored tourney with a big stage and ultra res then you're going to be hopping on a plane for it, paying $100 worth of entry fees, and you're gonna be facing all #1 diamond players.

If we've got widescreen monitors and high res, sweet. If we've got 13 inch CRTs, just as well. Let's just have some fun
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1649
Bisu 757
Horang2 378
BeSt 348
Hyuk 270
Jaedong 243
actioN 207
Zeus 162
Leta 161
EffOrt 153
[ Show more ]
Light 121
Soma 81
ZerO 72
Pusan 49
Shinee 45
Mind 38
Mong 38
Killer 34
soO 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 25
Bale 22
sorry 19
PianO 17
Rush 17
hero 16
Sharp 14
HiyA 10
Terrorterran 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Yoon 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe211
Fuzer 0
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1329
shoxiejesuss935
x6flipin1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King152
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1802
Other Games
gofns32541
summit1g8168
singsing1562
crisheroes325
XBOCT257
DeMusliM176
Livibee105
ArmadaUGS103
ZerO(Twitch)12
QueenE1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick496
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream241
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH275
• LUISG 25
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos2116
• Rush1308
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 59m
Stellar Fest
2h 59m
OSC
13h 59m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.