• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:59
CEST 12:59
KST 19:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7731 users

New England Starcraft 2 LANapalooza - Page 9

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 31 2010 14:21 GMT
#161
On August 31 2010 22:52 Drogith wrote:
Hey muzzy, just curious, do you want this listed under events over on the top right of the boards in the calendar section?

Sure, how do we go about putting it up there? I already have it in the Tournament Tracker.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 31 2010 14:27 GMT
#162
I started a thread asking how to and one of the admins replied:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=148951
If there is any tech stuff that goes back and forth between you guys, could you PM it to me so I know what to do for the next event in Dover or wherever it is.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
August 31 2010 16:21 GMT
#163
On August 31 2010 23:27 Drogith wrote:
I started a thread asking how to and one of the admins replied:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=148951
If there is any tech stuff that goes back and forth between you guys, could you PM it to me so I know what to do for the next event in Dover or wherever it is.

I sent him a PM, I'll let you know what comes of it.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 31 2010 16:42 GMT
#164
ty
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 01 2010 00:10 GMT
#165
So, I was told that *if* we are going to have an internet stream, we can be listed on the calendar. So, Drogith or Ryan, let me know if either of you intend on streaming matches. How much bandwidth would you need? I assume something around 1Mbps up is enough?
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
September 01 2010 00:43 GMT
#166
I plan on streaming and tbh we only need about 500kpbs each. In the Total Biscuit tutorial he says that is fine for good streaming.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 01 2010 01:57 GMT
#167
On September 01 2010 09:43 Drogith wrote:
I plan on streaming and tbh we only need about 500kpbs each. In the Total Biscuit tutorial he says that is fine for good streaming.

Alright, excellent! I sent the info off, so hopefully we'll get listed on the calendar soon. Thanks for handling the commentating/streaming, guys!
Ddraig
Profile Joined June 2010
United States16 Posts
September 01 2010 12:37 GMT
#168
Be prepared in case you end up streaming a game of mine. "Ok he's... he's.... what the heck is he doing? Did he just medivac drop a viking army?"
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
September 01 2010 13:21 GMT
#169
On September 01 2010 21:37 Ddraig wrote:
Be prepared in case you end up streaming a game of mine. "Ok he's... he's.... what the heck is he doing? Did he just medivac drop a viking army?"

Aww... don't ruin it for me. Maybe someone will have fun and do some proxy MS for me. I need asome more matches like that since I... forgot to save the replays from the fun ones last tourn. They are still stored on my stream, but man... those things live were great.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
CollinsAx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States7 Posts
September 01 2010 13:44 GMT
#170
Just want to say I am way stoked for the tournament. I'm looking back on the last few pages of comments and it sounds like you guys are doing a lot to help accommodate things and make this a better experience. Just want to say I appreciate it. I'm excited to play and I'll have fun, regardless of what it's on or how the setup goes and even if I lose my first two matches. I'm sure it will still be a fun experience.
Ddraig
Profile Joined June 2010
United States16 Posts
September 01 2010 13:55 GMT
#171
I was just kidding, I'm not gonna medivac my vikings
Maybe a mass scv drop though.... hmmm
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
September 01 2010 14:09 GMT
#172
On September 01 2010 22:44 CollinsAx wrote:
Just want to say I am way stoked for the tournament. I'm looking back on the last few pages of comments and it sounds like you guys are doing a lot to help accommodate things and make this a better experience. Just want to say I appreciate it. I'm excited to play and I'll have fun, regardless of what it's on or how the setup goes and even if I lose my first two matches. I'm sure it will still be a fun experience.


couldn't agree with you more i'm just counting downt he days until we get ot do thsi!

its gonna be fun meeting local sc2 players regardless of how the tournament goes!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Catreina
Profile Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
September 02 2010 02:30 GMT
#173
On August 30 2010 22:48 muzzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 17:08 Hasire wrote:
Er Muzzy, wasn't it a bit quick to remove Catreina since the reason he dropped didn't turn out to be true? You lead him to believe no effort was going to be made to fix the issue and he got taunted into making a post saying he was leaving earlier than he actually needed to.

I would imagine with the new monitor situation he would still want to be a part of this.

We don't have confirmation of widescreen monitors yet. . You're volunteering to bring two of the same res, but I still need to work out the other two. While I would hope that we can get two more at 1440x990, I want to make sure before committing to that promise.

Nobody forced Catreina to leave... he said if he could not bring his own PC he would leave. Well, we certainly are not having a BYOC event, no matter how the monitor situation ends up.




1) *She

2) I never said anything about bringing my computer being a deciding factor. It is the lack of widescreen for those of us who have done everything widescreen for many years. Going back to a 4:3 res is like asking me to play Brood War when I havent touched it in 8 years. There will be loss of skill.
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 02 2010 13:33 GMT
#174
On September 02 2010 11:30 Catreina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 22:48 muzzy wrote:
On August 30 2010 17:08 Hasire wrote:
Er Muzzy, wasn't it a bit quick to remove Catreina since the reason he dropped didn't turn out to be true? You lead him to believe no effort was going to be made to fix the issue and he got taunted into making a post saying he was leaving earlier than he actually needed to.

I would imagine with the new monitor situation he would still want to be a part of this.

We don't have confirmation of widescreen monitors yet. . You're volunteering to bring two of the same res, but I still need to work out the other two. While I would hope that we can get two more at 1440x990, I want to make sure before committing to that promise.

Nobody forced Catreina to leave... he said if he could not bring his own PC he would leave. Well, we certainly are not having a BYOC event, no matter how the monitor situation ends up.




1) *She

2) I never said anything about bringing my computer being a deciding factor. It is the lack of widescreen for those of us who have done everything widescreen for many years. Going back to a 4:3 res is like asking me to play Brood War when I havent touched it in 8 years. There will be loss of skill.

My apologies, one tends to assume everyone on a SC forum is male

Anyhow, to quote you word for word-

On August 29 2010 11:02 Catreina wrote:
I will be dropping out of the tourney if the LAN center doesnt allow me to bring my own PC. I could have dealt with playing on medium (I play with everything on ultra), but losing the aspect ratio? Sorry, no can do.



Perhaps you made a mistake in your wording and meant to say "Monitor" and not PC?
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
September 02 2010 14:16 GMT
#175
I think she clearly states that she is angry about losing the aspect ratio... Im pretty sure just kicking her out of the tournament without asking her first was kind of a dick move. But im guessing you already replaced her and now will have to let someone else down so... They can both hate you? idunno. lol. What you get for not asking before hand.
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
September 02 2010 14:22 GMT
#176
just open to a 64 person bracket? most likely wont get filled but then anyone who wants to can still play, and would re-admit catreina in now that the monitor issues are getting figured out
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
September 02 2010 14:36 GMT
#177
On September 02 2010 23:22 RyanRushia wrote:
just open to a 64 person bracket? most likely wont get filled but then anyone who wants to can still play, and would re-admit catreina in now that the monitor issues are getting figured out

I've thought about it, but in all likely hood we'll only end up with somewhere around 40 people, which means there will be a lot of first round buys/free wins.

MyLife, drop the attitude or you're out.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
September 02 2010 14:49 GMT
#178
Don't kick MyLife out then how will I get my sweet sweet revenge. And by revenge I mean of course ass handed to me again.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
MyLife
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
179 Posts
September 02 2010 15:01 GMT
#179
On September 02 2010 23:49 DamnCats wrote:
Don't kick MyLife out then how will I get my sweet sweet revenge. And by revenge I mean of course ass handed to me again.


Lol DamnCats dont worry bro ill be playing on nintendo DS screen remember? U get win ez np
Catreina
Profile Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
September 02 2010 15:03 GMT
#180
On September 02 2010 22:33 muzzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 11:30 Catreina wrote:
On August 30 2010 22:48 muzzy wrote:
On August 30 2010 17:08 Hasire wrote:
Er Muzzy, wasn't it a bit quick to remove Catreina since the reason he dropped didn't turn out to be true? You lead him to believe no effort was going to be made to fix the issue and he got taunted into making a post saying he was leaving earlier than he actually needed to.

I would imagine with the new monitor situation he would still want to be a part of this.

We don't have confirmation of widescreen monitors yet. . You're volunteering to bring two of the same res, but I still need to work out the other two. While I would hope that we can get two more at 1440x990, I want to make sure before committing to that promise.

Nobody forced Catreina to leave... he said if he could not bring his own PC he would leave. Well, we certainly are not having a BYOC event, no matter how the monitor situation ends up.




1) *She

2) I never said anything about bringing my computer being a deciding factor. It is the lack of widescreen for those of us who have done everything widescreen for many years. Going back to a 4:3 res is like asking me to play Brood War when I havent touched it in 8 years. There will be loss of skill.

My apologies, one tends to assume everyone on a SC forum is male

Anyhow, to quote you word for word-

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2010 11:02 Catreina wrote:
I will be dropping out of the tourney if the LAN center doesnt allow me to bring my own PC. I could have dealt with playing on medium (I play with everything on ultra), but losing the aspect ratio? Sorry, no can do.



Perhaps you made a mistake in your wording and meant to say "Monitor" and not PC?



The actual intent of that post you quoted was because of the lack of widescreen support - I figure if a lan center doesnt have widescreen monitors, then their computers are likely garbage (read: over 2 years old) as well. I can deal with playing on lower quality settings. I cannot deal with playing on a shit 4:3 monitor.

In short, it was meant as a "If there are no decent monitors, then I wont play unless it is on my own pc" post.

MyLife - I can handle my own, and I willingly dropped because of the lack of widescreen monitors. Now, mind you, I -could- bring two 1440x900 resolution gateway monitors for use, but that would require that I stay the entire time, whether I was in or out.

I dunno, if resolutions on the video cards support widescreen (they are old computers I presume), then maybe I will ask to be re-listed. That would not likely be fair to the people who were waiting however.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2749
Bisu 1027
Horang2 681
Jaedong 589
Hyuk 499
BeSt 446
actioN 289
firebathero 257
Light 238
Zeus 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Leta 138
Soulkey 135
EffOrt 117
Last 101
Soma 96
ZerO 76
Mini 74
Sexy 68
Pusan 64
Rush 57
Mong 46
ggaemo 43
Killer 42
Mind 38
Aegong 36
Shinee 35
soO 28
hero 27
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 21
PianO 19
Terrorterran 17
Sharp 16
sorry 16
NaDa 14
Free 13
Yoon 12
JulyZerg 11
HiyA 10
Shine 9
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Snow 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
Dendi13
League of Legends
Reynor64
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1540
shoxiejesuss1166
x6flipin224
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes480
Other Games
gofns35387
singsing1840
XBOCT341
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS94
B2W.Neo78
QueenE55
Liquid`LucifroN12
ZerO(Twitch)11
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• LUISG 40
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2447
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 2m
Stellar Fest
2h 2m
OSC
13h 2m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.