• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:51
CEST 03:51
KST 10:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8856 users

Razer King of the Beta by Day[9] - Page 182

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
3775 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 189 Next
Kexx
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany240 Posts
July 31 2010 03:01 GMT
#3621
why are there no replays?
chooooch
Gedrah
Profile Joined February 2010
465 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-01 05:52:24
July 31 2010 04:13 GMT
#3622
On July 31 2010 12:01 Kexx wrote:
why are there no replays?


Because if Day9 posts the replays, he has no way to monetize the content. He's trying to make money off these games, this is his profession. There's no way to get you to watch ads during a replay (though I don't even remotely doubt Blizzard has this in the works as well).

No matter how much you'd prefer replays, he will not give them to you. So you're stuck with someone else controlling the camera and yelling nonstop if you want to see these games at all. Hopefully you enjoy that yelling as much as the rest of us, and hopefully you're patient because the last game isn't posted yet either. :>

If I'm not interested in any of the ads, and never click on them, am I stealing by watching these streams? Food for thought.

*edit: I omitted the part about advertisers being stupid. I realize that was disrespectful on my part. I happen to love Day9, but I hate being made to watch ads. I don't choose what to buy based on watching ads, and ever since the internet became a real thing when I was 11, I've looked to the internet as a way to escape the force-feeding culture of Television which doesn't care if I'm interested in the product or its advertisement either. In any case, my apologies to the community, I intended no disrespect to Day9. This was simply my honest assessment of why he cannot nor should not post replays instead of streams, and I recall even very recently when I didn't know the answer to that question either. I certainly don't think poorly of him for trying to make a living!

Without exposing one's ignorance, one has no chance to be corrected. Peace!
What is a dickfour?
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
July 31 2010 04:41 GMT
#3623
On July 31 2010 13:13 Gedrah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 12:01 Kexx wrote:
why are there no replays?


Because if Day9 posts the replays, he has no way to monetize the content. He's trying to make money off these games, this is his profession. Somewhere out there on the internet some advertiser is dumb enough to think that by wasting 30 seconds of your time making you watch an ad for some stupidly expensive laptop you'll never buy--5-10 times per day--they'll make more sales. They pay Day9 for getting you to watch the ads. There's no way to get you to watch ads during a replay (though I don't even remotely doubt Blizzard has this in the works as well).

No matter how much you'd prefer replays, he will not give them to you. So you're stuck with someone else controlling the camera and yelling nonstop if you want to see these games at all. Hopefully you enjoy that yelling as much as the rest of us, and hopefully you're patient because the last game isn't posted yet either. :>

If I'm not interested in any of the ads, and never click on them, am I stealing by watching these streams? Food for thought.


......someone is bitter or stoned or both..

the advertisers make money man weather we click it or not. I thought for pizza
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
Three
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan278 Posts
July 31 2010 04:52 GMT
#3624
On July 31 2010 13:13 Gedrah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 12:01 Kexx wrote:
why are there no replays?


Because if Day9 posts the replays, he has no way to monetize the content. He's trying to make money off these games, this is his profession. Somewhere out there on the internet some advertiser is dumb enough to think that by wasting 30 seconds of your time making you watch an ad for some stupidly expensive laptop you'll never buy--5-10 times per day--they'll make more sales. They pay Day9 for getting you to watch the ads. There's no way to get you to watch ads during a replay (though I don't even remotely doubt Blizzard has this in the works as well).

No matter how much you'd prefer replays, he will not give them to you. So you're stuck with someone else controlling the camera and yelling nonstop if you want to see these games at all. Hopefully you enjoy that yelling as much as the rest of us, and hopefully you're patient because the last game isn't posted yet either. :>

If I'm not interested in any of the ads, and never click on them, am I stealing by watching these streams? Food for thought.


Uh, you have no idea what goes on with this do you? Neat post.
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
July 31 2010 05:29 GMT
#3625
Is it possible for someone to say which hour has the tournament semi & final matches in them?
Im slowly watching through the first 2 hours when I have free time but I would like to catch the matches before I get around to watching all the other awesome content.
Thanks in advance!
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 05:34:14
July 31 2010 05:32 GMT
#3626
On July 31 2010 14:29 Synwave wrote:
Is it possible for someone to say which hour has the tournament semi & final matches in them?
Im slowly watching through the first 2 hours when I have free time but I would like to catch the matches before I get around to watching all the other awesome content.
Thanks in advance!


I don't think he uploaded the actual part that has the matches in them. Which is kind of annoying tbh, im pretty sure that's what people want lol

But that's the price one pays for doing something other than watching the actual stream(sleeping).

It's funny though i watched about 8 hours of that tournament and then went to bed right before the tournament started.
LOcDowN
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1015 Posts
July 31 2010 06:14 GMT
#3627
Why are the matches not up yet? I've been revisiting this page twice everyday and still nothing up. Was there a technical difficulty that wasn't announced? It seems unreasonable to hype this to extreme then let everyone down when it comes down to the wire.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
July 31 2010 06:19 GMT
#3628
On July 31 2010 14:32 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 14:29 Synwave wrote:
Is it possible for someone to say which hour has the tournament semi & final matches in them?
Im slowly watching through the first 2 hours when I have free time but I would like to catch the matches before I get around to watching all the other awesome content.
Thanks in advance!


I don't think he uploaded the actual part that has the matches in them. Which is kind of annoying tbh, im pretty sure that's what people want lol

But that's the price one pays for doing something other than watching the actual stream(sleeping).

It's funny though i watched about 8 hours of that tournament and then went to bed right before the tournament started.


lol same, i just finished the qxc vs idra match and just said fuck it and passed out lol. i really wish the tourny games were posted first, but no biggie
savior did nothing wrong
ohN
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1075 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 06:57:15
July 31 2010 06:56 GMT
#3629
no vods still.
I think it's still worth the wait though, the tourney was pretty great.
PurpleAffinity
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 11:40:02
July 31 2010 09:34 GMT
#3630
On July 31 2010 13:13 Gedrah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 12:01 Kexx wrote:
why are there no replays?


Because if Day9 posts the replays, he has no way to monetize the content. He's trying to make money off these games, this is his profession. Somewhere out there on the internet some advertiser is dumb enough to think that by wasting 30 seconds of your time making you watch an ad for some stupidly expensive laptop you'll never buy--5-10 times per day--they'll make more sales. They pay Day9 for getting you to watch the ads. There's no way to get you to watch ads during a replay (though I don't even remotely doubt Blizzard has this in the works as well).

No matter how much you'd prefer replays, he will not give them to you. So you're stuck with someone else controlling the camera and yelling nonstop if you want to see these games at all. Hopefully you enjoy that yelling as much as the rest of us, and hopefully you're patient because the last game isn't posted yet either. :>

If I'm not interested in any of the ads, and never click on them, am I stealing by watching these streams? Food for thought.

I never post here... Ever. But I had to log in just to tell you how %*$%ing stupid you sound. This is the worst post ever. Plz, go back to grade school. That is all.

User was warned for this post

User was warned for this post

Wrecked.
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
July 31 2010 10:01 GMT
#3631
Day9 is seriously making a HUGE mistake in the way he has been handling ALL of his dailies/uploads. He has probably the biggest following of fans of any SC caster, (top3 being HD, H, D9); he gets 6000 viewers before his streams even start.

This isn't a complaint post, but more of an observation of how much potential money he's losing. He would have SO many more regular viewers to this thread/his stream if it were better maintained and organized. I've stopped checking his Day9 Daily thread because of how infrequently new videos were uploaded, and eventually I found out that plenty of vids were uploaded but not just relinked.

SC2 is JUST starting and the market for being an announcer is open for the taking. Day9 could have/be securing a HUGE foothold in the scene by having a consistent, established place where fans could come and regularly get the most recent stream in <24hours. By being incredibly irregular and sloppy he's losing out on a TON of people, and therefore a TON of money when advertisers ask how much traffic he gets and he has to report a lower number because people don't feel like visiting his thread every day in hopes that a 5-day old thing will be uploaded.

And in the same vein, the way the tournament hasn't been uploaded/relinked in a spoiler-free way to attract more 'fans' is also lowering his fancount. It's still very high, but it could be a lot higher. And while I'm a little bummed that I can't watch KotB spoiler-free at all (or even the finals period, apparently), he should really be aware of the huge opportunity that he's throwing away. I know he's a really busy guy in grad school, but this is a huge $ opportunity (relatively) that he shouldn't squander. He got fans real easily initially, but he needs to just polish his service a little -- especially now that he has big-name sponsors like Razer.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
zergporn
Profile Joined April 2010
Estonia156 Posts
July 31 2010 10:36 GMT
#3632
there is some sort of update, title states idra vs qxc. hopefuly its actual game finally.
the game changes as you get higher
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
July 31 2010 10:41 GMT
#3633
Some tournaments draws out for weeks and weeks and when Day[9} have about one week delay everyone goes nuts. I don't get it.
Raevin
Profile Joined July 2010
246 Posts
July 31 2010 10:42 GMT
#3634
I agree with Vei, dont get me wrong Day9 has been doing a great job and he is one of the best if not the best SC2 commentator currently broadcasting.

He has amazing potential, and there is tons of money for him to make especially if and when SC2 really becomes a huge eSport, but i hope this Razer tournament was a good lesson for him what can happen and what can go wrong.

Everything went fine, the focus was on the games, until the last 2 days, since then the focus has been squarely on Day9 and the problems he has been having getting these up and thats a shame.

No matter what stance you have, you have to realize that there could go potentially a whole week before people get to see these reviews and by then the attitude from many goes from excitement to annoyance.

I dont know Day9 but i have to believe that this wasent what he was planning, and it all exploded in his face, and sadly the man cant even enjoy SC2 and has to spend even more time getting this fixed.
Hopefully he can get someone to help him, at least when its tournament time to get games up to garner intrest in his videos and consistency.

BW never had that 1 great unique commentator, because the whole thing came much later, but Day9 can be -THE- SC2 commentator, his site can be the site people go to watch replays and hear analysis, he just needs to iron out the problems.
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
July 31 2010 10:43 GMT
#3635
On July 31 2010 18:34 PurpleAffinity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 13:13 Gedrah wrote:
On July 31 2010 12:01 Kexx wrote:
why are there no replays?


Because if Day9 posts the replays, he has no way to monetize the content. He's trying to make money off these games, this is his profession. Somewhere out there on the internet some advertiser is dumb enough to think that by wasting 30 seconds of your time making you watch an ad for some stupidly expensive laptop you'll never buy--5-10 times per day--they'll make more sales. They pay Day9 for getting you to watch the ads. There's no way to get you to watch ads during a replay (though I don't even remotely doubt Blizzard has this in the works as well).

No matter how much you'd prefer replays, he will not give them to you. So you're stuck with someone else controlling the camera and yelling nonstop if you want to see these games at all. Hopefully you enjoy that yelling as much as the rest of us, and hopefully you're patient because the last game isn't posted yet either. :>

If I'm not interested in any of the ads, and never click on them, am I stealing by watching these streams? Food for thought.

I never post here... Ever. But I had to log in just to tell you how %*$%ing stupid you sound. This is the worst post ever. Plz, go back to grade school. That is all.

Hey, dumbass, provide some content in your post or don't post at all.

Gedrah is correct in his assessment of the role of ads in monetization. However, one thing is a bit off; namely that ads obviously do work. Companies always run statistical analysis of markets when they run ads, and they consistently show that ads means more sale. Otherwise, they would not run ads, since it does cost a lot of money.

User was warned for this post
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
July 31 2010 10:49 GMT
#3636
Seem like the games are uploaded but I stil cannot watch them.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
HubertFelix
Profile Joined April 2010
France631 Posts
July 31 2010 11:02 GMT
#3637
It's the same for me, maybe the upload is not finished.
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
July 31 2010 11:06 GMT
#3638
Try downloading them (which works for me) although I don't know if I'll be able to watch them, I've had some difficulties with that.

Also if you want to avoid spoilers you shouldn't visit the archives at all and wait for the spoiler-free update!
En Taro Violet
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 11:49:16
July 31 2010 11:48 GMT
#3639
You all need to calm down and stop speculating about who/where/what/when/why the replays/VODs aren't up. You don't know the answer and given the scope of the production that took place plus the fact that these are all wonderful volunteers who are working ridiculous hours on top of their normal lives/jobs, you should give them a break.

Give Day9 the respect he deserves. Everyone knows he's earned it.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
July 31 2010 13:01 GMT
#3640
Games are starting to show up. Game 4 and 5 of the finals work now.
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 189 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1991
GuemChi 1579
Artosis 665
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 442
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox461
Other Games
summit1g8256
Doublelift2332
JimRising 521
Day[9].tv348
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft282
Maynarde131
CosmosSc2 39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick942
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 9m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.