• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:17
CEST 00:17
KST 07:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8728 users

Micro Macro 2 - World Tournament - Page 19

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 27 Next All
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
June 28 2010 00:45 GMT
#361
On June 28 2010 08:53 holy_war wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2010 08:41 Maelkyral wrote:
Is there any chance something like [Regular SC2 Tourney] or such could be appended to the thread title, so people don't keep mistaking this for a UMS tournament? I know I ignored this thread for a couple weeks just because of that.


I'm sorry to say it but is it really that hard to click the link and read a few sentences about what the tournament actually is?


Actually it is. I actually misclicked to find out it was a $700+ tournament because I would never intentionally click a thread named Micro Macro Tournament. I thought this was a $0 tournament for players gold league or below, and I'm sure many others thought so as well. Ofc they pretty much invited anyone who's been "active" in the scene anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
June 28 2010 01:01 GMT
#362
On June 28 2010 09:45 PokePill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2010 08:53 holy_war wrote:
On June 28 2010 08:41 Maelkyral wrote:
Is there any chance something like [Regular SC2 Tourney] or such could be appended to the thread title, so people don't keep mistaking this for a UMS tournament? I know I ignored this thread for a couple weeks just because of that.


I'm sorry to say it but is it really that hard to click the link and read a few sentences about what the tournament actually is?


Actually it is. I actually misclicked to find out it was a $700+ tournament because I would never intentionally click a thread named Micro Macro Tournament. I thought this was a $0 tournament for players gold league or below, and I'm sure many others thought so as well. Ofc they pretty much invited anyone who's been "active" in the scene anyways so it's not that big of a deal.


It isn't. Click the thread and read. Takes five minutes and you're good. Anyone saying it is hard to read part of a thread is just lazy.
Life is Good.
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-28 01:13:46
June 28 2010 01:12 GMT
#363
On June 28 2010 10:01 Alou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2010 09:45 PokePill wrote:
On June 28 2010 08:53 holy_war wrote:
On June 28 2010 08:41 Maelkyral wrote:
Is there any chance something like [Regular SC2 Tourney] or such could be appended to the thread title, so people don't keep mistaking this for a UMS tournament? I know I ignored this thread for a couple weeks just because of that.


I'm sorry to say it but is it really that hard to click the link and read a few sentences about what the tournament actually is?


Actually it is. I actually misclicked to find out it was a $700+ tournament because I would never intentionally click a thread named Micro Macro Tournament. I thought this was a $0 tournament for players gold league or below, and I'm sure many others thought so as well. Ofc they pretty much invited anyone who's been "active" in the scene anyways so it's not that big of a deal.


It isn't. Click the thread and read. Takes five minutes and you're good. Anyone saying it is hard to read part of a thread is just lazy.


Do you click every thread on TeamLiquid?

Anyone interested in playing in a competitive 1v1 tournament would not click a thread called Micro Macro Tournament or Sunken Defense tournament. Anyone who read the first thread would remember it's a free tournament for gold league players or below, and anyone who didn't would think it was a UMS tournament.

No one is bashing the author or host of the tournament, just pointing out the name isn't very fitting, but it doesn't matter really since he invited almost everyone non-asia player in the "scene". I don't know what you're agenda is but what are you trying to argue about. I guess not clicking every thread on TeamLiquid to find out if it something entirely different from the topic title would make you "lazy?"
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
June 28 2010 01:33 GMT
#364
On June 28 2010 07:39 Nick.TNA wrote:
I call for a round of 254 next MM tournament.


254 huh? Seems like and odd number to me

+ Show Spoiler +
128+128 = 256
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Darkn3ss
Profile Joined November 2009
United States717 Posts
June 28 2010 02:46 GMT
#365
On June 28 2010 10:33 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2010 07:39 Nick.TNA wrote:
I call for a round of 254 next MM tournament.


254 huh? Seems like and odd number to me

+ Show Spoiler +
128+128 = 256


Your math skills are unmatched!

You saw a mistake and just couldn't leave it alone, could you?
Dont quote me boy, cuz I aint saying shhh...
Nick.TNA
Profile Joined June 2010
209 Posts
June 28 2010 02:48 GMT
#366
On June 28 2010 10:33 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2010 07:39 Nick.TNA wrote:
I call for a round of 254 next MM tournament.


254 huh? Seems like and odd number to me

+ Show Spoiler +
128+128 = 256


Woops.. Theres 2 years of college math for ya.. XD
Arovien
Profile Joined June 2010
United States123 Posts
June 28 2010 04:16 GMT
#367
On June 27 2010 14:14 StewKer wrote:
We have player interviews this upcoming week as well. Both from the pro lineup, and from the sign-up list!


The QXC Slayer is ready for his interview xP

Regarding the confusion with the tourney's name; not sure how obvious ppl need the tourney title to be. Would a short description in the title be better?
Like... "Pro/Amateur O2A Tourney".

Call me crazy, but i read OPs.
That's just how I do...
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-28 04:54:41
June 28 2010 04:52 GMT
#368
--- Nuked ---
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
June 28 2010 20:38 GMT
#369
On June 28 2010 13:52 Barrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
Anyone interested in playing in a competitive 1v1 tournament would not click a thread called

Anyone serious about competitive 1v1 tournaments would click any thread that pops up in the tournament section. Yes, all of them. In that section.

(inadvertant (or is it?) free bump cuz i wantsto O.o)

Judging by the fact that almost every good sc2 foreigner is signed up for this tournament I think you're right <:D
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Keype
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden455 Posts
June 28 2010 21:00 GMT
#370
Any one know where Stewker is? He hasn't answered last days guess hes busy or some thing, if any one could tell that would be cool
Tornado Terran Fighting!
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
June 28 2010 21:10 GMT
#371
--- Nuked ---
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-28 22:02:19
June 28 2010 21:49 GMT
#372
On June 28 2010 10:12 PokePill wrote:
Do you click every thread on TeamLiquid?


If it's anywhere in any SC section than yes. And this is working 100+ hours a week...


Anyone interested in playing in a competitive 1v1 tournament would not click a thread called Micro Macro Tournament or Sunken Defense tournament. Anyone who read the first thread would remember it's a free tournament for gold league players or below, and anyone who didn't would think it was a UMS tournament.


I read the first thread and remembered that and STILL clicked the link for this one.


No one is bashing the author or host of the tournament, just pointing out the name isn't very fitting, but it doesn't matter really since he invited almost everyone non-asia player in the "scene". I don't know what you're agenda is but what are you trying to argue about. I guess not clicking every thread on TeamLiquid to find out if it something entirely different from the topic title would make you "lazy?"


Yes it does make you lazy. There's only about 5 or so new tournament threads a week. Figure about 2 minutes a thread and your using up 10 minutes out of your 10,080 you get a week. If you can't dedicate a whole .1% (or whatever the math is) of your week to checking these things than you probably don't need to play in it.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
June 28 2010 21:50 GMT
#373
BnetID: Twistacles
Race: Random
Rank: Diamond
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
June 28 2010 21:56 GMT
#374
--- Nuked ---
Gfresh
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada55 Posts
June 28 2010 22:01 GMT
#375
Lol Hard pwnage
Do you like fishsticks?
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 00:12:58
June 29 2010 00:04 GMT
#376
On June 29 2010 06:49 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 28 2010 10:12 PokePill wrote:
Do you click every thread on TeamLiquid?


If it's anywhere in any SC section than yes. And this is working 100+ hours a week...


Anyone interested in playing in a competitive 1v1 tournament would not click a thread called Micro Macro Tournament or Sunken Defense tournament. Anyone who read the first thread would remember it's a free tournament for gold league players or below, and anyone who didn't would think it was a UMS tournament.


I read the first thread and remembered that and STILL clicked the link for this one.


No one is bashing the author or host of the tournament, just pointing out the name isn't very fitting, but it doesn't matter really since he invited almost everyone non-asia player in the "scene". I don't know what you're agenda is but what are you trying to argue about. I guess not clicking every thread on TeamLiquid to find out if it something entirely different from the topic title would make you "lazy?"


Yes it does make you lazy. There's only about 5 or so new tournament threads a week. Figure about 2 minutes a thread and your using up 10 minutes out of your 10,080 you get a week. If you can't dedicate a whole .1% (or whatever the math is) of your week to checking these things than you probably don't need to play in it.


Not everyone is as infatuated with the "scene" as you are. Why would I click every tournament thread named with a UMS name just to find out if it's randomly a $1000 tournament. So all of you people are telling me you would click the thread if it was named Tower Defense Gold League Tournament? Good for you I suppose, I click threads based on what their topic title is. You guys are thinking about one specific section and I'm talking about the general concept.

I don't care about joining every tournament or trying to cast every potential tournament like you do.

Show nested quote +
On June 29 2010 06:56 Barrin wrote:
If you can't dedicate a whole .01% (or whatever the math is) of your week to checking these things than you probably don't need to play in it.

pwned in the face.

It's like 0.1% btw (10 is 0.1% of 10,000)



And you're just retarded. All the people "active" or "known" in the US / Euro scene didn't JOIN this tournament, they were invited. Why it takes 15 people all saying "NUH UH WE CLICK EVERY TOURNAMENT THREAD" is beyond me. I get it, you guys really really like to play tournaments and this is the second one I've signed up for, because I'm not interested in playing every $0 - $100 tournament or UMS tournament (which 99% are).
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 29 2010 00:27 GMT
#377
On June 29 2010 09:04 PokePill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2010 06:49 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 28 2010 10:12 PokePill wrote:
Do you click every thread on TeamLiquid?


If it's anywhere in any SC section than yes. And this is working 100+ hours a week...


Anyone interested in playing in a competitive 1v1 tournament would not click a thread called Micro Macro Tournament or Sunken Defense tournament. Anyone who read the first thread would remember it's a free tournament for gold league players or below, and anyone who didn't would think it was a UMS tournament.


I read the first thread and remembered that and STILL clicked the link for this one.


No one is bashing the author or host of the tournament, just pointing out the name isn't very fitting, but it doesn't matter really since he invited almost everyone non-asia player in the "scene". I don't know what you're agenda is but what are you trying to argue about. I guess not clicking every thread on TeamLiquid to find out if it something entirely different from the topic title would make you "lazy?"


Yes it does make you lazy. There's only about 5 or so new tournament threads a week. Figure about 2 minutes a thread and your using up 10 minutes out of your 10,080 you get a week. If you can't dedicate a whole .1% (or whatever the math is) of your week to checking these things than you probably don't need to play in it.


Not everyone is as infatuated with the "scene" as you are. Why would I click every tournament thread named with a UMS name just to find out if it's randomly a $1000 tournament. So all of you people are telling me you would click the thread if it was named Tower Defense Gold League Tournament? Good for you I suppose, I click threads based on what their topic title is. You guys are thinking about one specific section and I'm talking about the general concept.

I don't care about joining every tournament or trying to cast every potential tournament like you do.

Show nested quote +
On June 29 2010 06:56 Barrin wrote:
If you can't dedicate a whole .01% (or whatever the math is) of your week to checking these things than you probably don't need to play in it.

pwned in the face.

It's like 0.1% btw (10 is 0.1% of 10,000)



And you're just retarded. All the people "active" or "known" in the US / Euro scene didn't JOIN this tournament, they were invited. Why it takes 15 people all saying "NUH UH WE CLICK EVERY TOURNAMENT THREAD" is beyond me. I get it, you guys really really like to play tournaments and this is the second one I've signed up for, because I'm not interested in playing every $0 - $100 tournament or UMS tournament (which 99% are).


I am not sure about your logic there. If the topic was called this then they are only looking for gold league players otherwise why put gold league? That was pretty bad but yes if you like to play tournaments you will click every new one that comes up because its not like there are a ton of them.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 00:42:07
June 29 2010 00:38 GMT
#378
--- Nuked ---
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-29 03:43:11
June 29 2010 03:19 GMT
#379
On June 29 2010 09:04 PokePill wrote:
Not everyone is as infatuated with the "scene" as you are. Why would I click every tournament thread named with a UMS name just to find out if it's randomly a $1000 tournament. So all of you people are telling me you would click the thread if it was named Tower Defense Gold League Tournament? Good for you I suppose, I click threads based on what their topic title is. You guys are thinking about one specific section and I'm talking about the general concept.


I would be quick to point out that a good majority of the top players are "infatuated" with the scene. On average very ITL has 20-30 top players watching every single ITL.

Staying current with the "scene" will only help you stay on top of your game. It was these kinds of events that have changed conventional ways of playing SC. It was these events (not iCCup ones only, all events in general) that provided a top level proving ground to show new starts and ideas.

Where would SC2 be if TLO had not had his coming out party vs. Nazgul at TLI? (I think TLI. Correct me if I'm wrong.) The game could be months behind on strategies. Before that match easily 98% of my matches against all races where based on one base. That proved on a big stage that expanding in SC2 was possible (previously thought to be impossible).

Event he subtle things like the effectiveness of BC's vs. Thors (QXC vs. KawaiiRice. ITL 4 Game 2), Baneling Drop+Fungal Growth is sick (CatZ. ITL), Blink + Destructible rocks is fun (Nony. TLI), or why Mech was/is completely broken (QXC vs Sheth. ITL X).

It's events like these where the game is perfected.


I don't care about joining every tournament or trying to cast every potential tournament like you do.


You should.

And you're just retarded. All the people "active" or "known" in the US / Euro scene didn't JOIN this tournament, they were invited. Why it takes 15 people all saying "NUH UH WE CLICK EVERY TOURNAMENT THREAD" is beyond me. I get it, you guys really really like to play tournaments and this is the second one I've signed up for, because I'm not interested in playing every $0 - $100 tournament or UMS tournament (which 99% are).


When logic fails use big words I guess.

You know why these guys were invited? They have proved themselves starting with the free/$100 tournaments.

Let me tell you about a player I know whom we should call AuK (to protect his identity). He was not invited to a big tournament we shall call the GSG Invitational. AuK was upset and thought he deserved to play but people did not know him that well. So what did AuK do? he hit me and every tournament organizer in the book up screaming "LET ME PLAY. I WILL ROFL STOMP NEWBS ALL DAY! AuK SMASH!" He won a lot in those tournaments and events. Now AuK is regarded as one of the top Protoss players in the world and is a shoe in for the GSG #2 (I would have to imagine at least). He didn't sit there and pout about a thread name....
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Arovien
Profile Joined June 2010
United States123 Posts
June 29 2010 03:54 GMT
#380
All this talk about horrible tourney name is irrelevant.

The sign-up has successful and seems like the tourney is ready to begin when scheduled. Unlikely it would be changed for the next tourney hosted by stewker since this one is sure to be a success.

Now everyone whining knows better. Hope to see you sign up for the next M/M tourney.
That's just how I do...
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE154
Nina 121
Nathanias 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16150
White-Ra 322
Artosis 255
ToSsGirL 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever336
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3743
Counter-Strike
fl0m1327
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox513
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2244
Liquid`Hasu1330
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g6476
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1530
shahzam526
C9.Mang0240
JimRising 213
ZombieGrub62
Mew2King45
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• davetesta25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1108
• Scarra1031
• Shiphtur265
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 43m
OSC
14h 43m
Stellar Fest
14h 43m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.