• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7873 users

[D] TvT forGGeddon strategy (45 wins 3 losses) - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
July 29 2013 17:12 GMT
#81
On July 30 2013 01:56 Smackzilla wrote:
@Govie
How/when/where are you scouting the 2nd CC?


As stated im not good enough to get most out of unitcomp, so i scv-scout. Not that it gives alot of info, but i do it.. im sorry. its just that im not a nextterranbonja.. just a amove kinda noob, so i need some sort of scouting right? I go slow.. slow for oldies
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
July 29 2013 18:14 GMT
#82
Using this build, I've been scanning around 5:30 - 6 min (I think, before my port is done anyway). If I see their tech is faster than mine (faster port or whatever) I pull my forces into the main and prepare for drops, and get viking instead of medivac. If I see banshee tech, I throw down an engy and turrets. I haven't had any real troubles with banshees using this build. The tank push / tank drops can be a pain though. As govie said, make good use of your raven, it can be really strong in the early game.

I was SCV scouting for a while but I find usually it is just walled off and impossible to tell if they are 1-base attacking or expanding in their main, so now I just scan instead.
wRitheSC2
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2 Posts
August 04 2013 17:11 GMT
#83
It was amazing to see forgg break a contain and destroy strelok with it. So, I adopted the build, and it was pretty amazing. Plus it was a really fun midgame transition. But the build kept failing in weird ways. Probably because it is so gimmicky.

In this first replay, I easily defend the reaper harass, and do some economic damage to his nat, but then he continuously rallies bio to my base and after a really frustrating back and forth, takes me out.

http://drop.sc/352214

In this second replay, the build shows it's weakness in defending cloaked banshees, since it came out before the buff.

http://drop.sc/352213

In the third replay, I modify the build to try and get a raven out quicker. I guess this puts me behind a little though, and even though I kill a bunch of his scvs with a runby, my bad macro means I don't have enought to defend his response push (though I probably could have done a better job of it).

http://drop.sc/352212

So, any comments? Is there something I should be doing to make it work, or should I just switch to a different build? BF hellions seem so much fun and a nice break from hellbat-tank monotony.
~i"m the worst thing EVER~
doktorLucifer
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States855 Posts
August 07 2013 06:48 GMT
#84
On July 30 2013 03:14 teuthida wrote:
Using this build, I've been scanning around 5:30 - 6 min (I think, before my port is done anyway). If I see their tech is faster than mine (faster port or whatever) I pull my forces into the main and prepare for drops, and get viking instead of medivac. If I see banshee tech, I throw down an engy and turrets. I haven't had any real troubles with banshees using this build. The tank push / tank drops can be a pain though. As govie said, make good use of your raven, it can be really strong in the early game.

I was SCV scouting for a while but I find usually it is just walled off and impossible to tell if they are 1-base attacking or expanding in their main, so now I just scan instead.


I'm not sure if I should still SCV scout. On one hand, it helps me play greedier (low ground CC if I see marine first, high ground if reaper first) and by counting gas, I can determine if they are playing a mirror build or not.

If it's a mirror build (at least, if it's 15 gas) I have to determine what he does after his CC. I played a barcode who was playing random, and all he did was mass hellion marine and even got an extra rax (or was it a fac? can't remember, this game was a few days ago) and just facerolled me.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM415
TaKeTV 64
BRAT_OK 32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 415
ProTech139
TKL 100
UpATreeSC 66
Rex 38
BRAT_OK 32
Codebar 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1286
Shuttle 1067
EffOrt 502
ggaemo 341
Mini 327
Stork 264
firebathero 189
Light 175
Dewaltoss 118
Rush 92
[ Show more ]
Barracks 88
910 73
Sea.KH 64
Zeus 56
sorry 51
Shinee 47
Killer 46
Hyun 45
Shine 42
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
soO 19
Aegong 19
Sexy 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Trap 11
yabsab 11
Sacsri 10
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4544
Dendi2030
BananaSlamJamma454
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 718
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes617
Other Games
singsing2045
Liquid`RaSZi1907
hiko1205
B2W.Neo1089
Liquid`VortiX236
ArmadaUGS192
Sick170
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile129
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2602
• TFBlade867
Other Games
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.