• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11357 users

1.4.3 How to kill lategame Zerg?

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:38 GMT
#1
Hi there!

Lately I have been trying a mech style to avoind needing Ghost alltogether, but I CANT for the life of me beat Zergs going Broodlord infestor. It requires me to get a lot of Vikings, than Ultraling rolls me over bigtime.

Question: How do I kill Broodlord Infestor + Transitions when I'm going for a Mech build?

I just don't know it anymore, and I dont want to switch races... Does anybody know when David is dealing with this strategy that he said is slightly imbalanced?

Kind regards!
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Psilo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States115 Posts
February 16 2012 19:39 GMT
#2
I got owned by corruptor/BL's yesterday and i could use some pointers too. (i am terran)
Hollis
Profile Joined January 2011
United States505 Posts
February 16 2012 19:46 GMT
#3
Drop his expos, drop as many of them as you can, as fast as you can. Don't stop for any reason!
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:46 GMT
#4
On February 17 2012 04:39 Psilo wrote:
I got owned by corruptor/BL's yesterday and i could use some pointers too. (i am terran)

Seems like everybody is, the only answer I have seen up to today is Snipe, but that's getting nerfed.

I honestly don't see why fixing Broodlord Infestor takes so long, the only answer Terran has (both in practice and in theory) gets nerfed within a month while Broodlord Infestor is dominating the lategame in all matchups.

But well. Please, I need some help. I hate losing once Zerg decides to get a hive, in my opinion that is flawed game design...
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:48 GMT
#5
On February 17 2012 04:46 Hollis wrote:
Drop his expos, drop as many of them as you can, as fast as you can. Don't stop for any reason!

Drop everywhere. I play a mech style atm, I don't see how dropping everywhere works, especially not vs Broodlord Infestor. Infestors are faster than Tanks it seems, so I don't have that big of a mobility advantage.
Dropping with mech just doesn't work I feel like.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
jupiter6
Profile Joined December 2011
205 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 19:53:09
February 16 2012 19:49 GMT
#6
its funny because if it wasnt for broken vortex mechanic protoss also wouldnt have an answer to bl/infestor yet blizzard doesnt seem to care how stupid strong and easy to use it is
Berailfor
Profile Joined January 2012
441 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 19:53:04
February 16 2012 19:50 GMT
#7
Why do you have to go mech to not need ghosts? Marine tank with Viking support has always been the way to go. If your having trouble with the ultraling switch then 1 answer could be applying pressure during that time to rebuild via drops like one guy said. Another would be to stay in a good choky area and preferably get some PF missle turret walls going. Also you need bio (even if it's just marines but marauders do wonders in the mix) that's heavily upgraded to kill ultras and need to kite out of fungal range. It's not that difficult same type of thing you'd do trying to stay out of FF range while kiting zealots. God does that piss me off when the bio is just out of range lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah this is gonna get closed without a replay. (seeing as if it doesn't involve ghosts then it doesn't matter what patch it is)
benthekid
Profile Joined March 2011
United States132 Posts
February 16 2012 19:51 GMT
#8
Win rate of games past 15 minutes are going to heavily favor zerg and then the'll will realize that the patch changes that they make while high aren't worth keeping. Also that it is possible to release a patch without a huge nerf to Terran or buff to protoss.

I'm thinking of going into air terran with hellion support. Basically an iechoic style but with ghosts to emp and snipe infestors. Vikings and bc's with ravens for pdd and seeker and battlecruisers for yamato. That way it will force them to continue with Corruptor broodlord or lose. If they switch to ultras just make Banshees.

THe only limitation to this is the insane amount of income it would require. I personally have trouble with econ management past 3 bases so I'm sure this will help that aspect.
"Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA (back in WoL) (Funny how it's still true)
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
February 16 2012 19:52 GMT
#9
On February 17 2012 04:38 ToastieNL wrote:
Hi there!

Lately I have been trying a mech style to avoind needing Ghost alltogether, but I CANT for the life of me beat Zergs going Broodlord infestor. It requires me to get a lot of Vikings, than Ultraling rolls me over bigtime.

Question: How do I kill Broodlord Infestor + Transitions when I'm going for a Mech build?

I just don't know it anymore, and I dont want to switch races... Does anybody know when David is dealing with this strategy that he said is slightly imbalanced?

Kind regards!

Hi,

I am a zerg.

What you have to realize is that late game, the zerg army is incredibly immobile. We want one big engagement, after which pure ling ... or anything ... can kill your base.

What you need to do late game when you spot the transition, is to use drop play heavily, and take out zerg expansion. A transition that includes some banshees with cloak, blue flame hellions, multiple marine / marauder drops (tech buildings), while constantly moving your mech army around threatening to attack, but not doing so, is incredibly hard to deal with.

The worst thing you can do is spot the huge infestor broodlord corruptor army and think to yourself ... oh, I better retreat, and give the zerg the option to kill off your whole base right in front of your entrance.

Look at it this way ...

First the zerg wants to drag the game out till the late game and get his superior force.

Then the terran wants to drag the game out and kill the zerg economy.

Ghosts with snipe for infestors, and nukes is also nice. But your overall goal is to avoid fighting the whole zerg army right in front of your base.

If zerg ignores your army, go for the base race which you should win most times. Just make sure that your army takes out his mining expansions, and your drops take out his tech buildings.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
February 16 2012 19:52 GMT
#10
Do what MVP does; as soon as Broods start to come out, start dropping like crazy since his mobility will go down immensly. Also, Terrans tend to get an enourmous gas bank after a while, so starting to mass Ravens is a decent idea, partially because you've got nothing to better to spend your gas on, and partially because Broods tend to stack up a lot, and are too slow to outrun Seekers => massive splash damage. Just my thoughts on it.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:52 GMT
#11
But how do I do this pressurethingy when I'm going Mech. I don;t have bioupgrades and my drops can't threaten killing structures. Could anybody explain how to beat this composition when u have not been going Marine/Tank all game long?

Offcourse I can add mass-ghost, but I want to learn how to beat the composition without Ghost. For after the patch.

On February 17 2012 04:49 jupiter6 wrote:
its funny because if it wasnt for broken vortex mechanic protoss also wouldnt have an answer to bl/infestor yet blizzard doesnt seem to care how stupid strong and unfair it is

I don't know, more and more am I thinking it's because about 40-45% of their playerbase plays Zerg and they want to keep them happy and give them a autowin buttong very strong, simple to use and very, very hard to counter unit composition.

User was banned for this post.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
TheV
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil107 Posts
February 16 2012 19:53 GMT
#12
Snipe is getting nerfed, not removed from the game.

You can still use ghosts..
Storm is coming that cannot be avoided.
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
February 16 2012 19:54 GMT
#13
I can advise you by suggesting banshees. I always get rolled by them late game if I don't scout them.
Luppa <3
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:55 GMT
#14
On February 17 2012 04:51 benthekid wrote:
Win rate of games past 15 minutes are going to heavily favor zerg and then the'll will realize that the patch changes that they make while high aren't worth keeping. Also that it is possible to release a patch without a huge nerf to Terran or buff to protoss.

I'm thinking of going into air terran with hellion support. Basically an iechoic style but with ghosts to emp and snipe infestors. Vikings and bc's with ravens for pdd and seeker and battlecruisers for yamato. That way it will force them to continue with Corruptor broodlord or lose. If they switch to ultras just make Banshees.

THe only limitation to this is the insane amount of income it would require. I personally have trouble with econ management past 3 bases so I'm sure this will help that aspect.

I think Lings beat mass- air, by running by and just killing your base while they get build faster than you can kill them.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:55 GMT
#15
On February 17 2012 04:53 TheV wrote:
Snipe is getting nerfed, not removed from the game.

You can still use ghosts..

Snipe is becoming useless to everything but infestors. That's why it becomes useless vs Broodlord/Infestor, because of the broodlord aspect.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
benthekid
Profile Joined March 2011
United States132 Posts
February 16 2012 19:57 GMT
#16
On February 17 2012 04:55 ToastieNL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 04:51 benthekid wrote:
Win rate of games past 15 minutes are going to heavily favor zerg and then the'll will realize that the patch changes that they make while high aren't worth keeping. Also that it is possible to release a patch without a huge nerf to Terran or buff to protoss.

I'm thinking of going into air terran with hellion support. Basically an iechoic style but with ghosts to emp and snipe infestors. Vikings and bc's with ravens for pdd and seeker and battlecruisers for yamato. That way it will force them to continue with Corruptor broodlord or lose. If they switch to ultras just make Banshees.

THe only limitation to this is the insane amount of income it would require. I personally have trouble with econ management past 3 bases so I'm sure this will help that aspect.

I think Lings beat mass- air, by running by and just killing your base while they get build faster than you can kill them.



Hellions are pretty good against lings. Also depot walls and sensor towers will be nessessary.
"Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA (back in WoL) (Funny how it's still true)
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 19:58 GMT
#17
On February 17 2012 04:54 ODKStevez wrote:
I can advise you by suggesting banshees. I always get rolled by them late game if I don't scout them.

How do Banshees kill broodlords, if I may ask. That is a very expensive transition which is bad vs Lings and Broodlords...
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Flowjo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States928 Posts
February 16 2012 20:03 GMT
#18
On February 17 2012 04:53 TheV wrote:
Snipe is getting nerfed, not removed from the game.

You can still use ghosts..


When snipe can't 1 shot a Zergling... well lol you can tell how this affects late game can't you?
IMNestea's biggest fan.
Tal0n
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
February 16 2012 20:06 GMT
#19
im no T but sounds to me like you should switch into barracks for lategame. ever tried that?
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 16 2012 20:07 GMT
#20
On February 17 2012 05:06 Tal0n wrote:
im no T but sounds to me like you should switch into barracks for lategame. ever tried that?

But I'd be very far behind on upgrades, as well as not having the infrastructure. Is the only way for mech to survive lategame to not be mech anymore? That's stupid....
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 219
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1214
Horang2 788
Bisu 753
Larva 578
Hyuk 379
ggaemo 341
Leta 294
Stork 250
PianO 101
Sexy 101
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 89
Soma 62
Mini 56
Zeus 51
Killer 40
Bale 25
Pusan 22
sorry 20
yabsab 20
Hm[arnc] 18
ZerO 17
ToSsGirL 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe368
XaKoH 328
League of Legends
JimRising 326
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns32229
singsing1125
crisheroes200
Mew2King136
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6772
• lizZardDota2305
League of Legends
• Jankos1162
• Stunt1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7m
Online Event
1h 7m
FEL
6h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.