• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9493 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 256

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 254 255 256 257 258 900 Next
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 16:21:02
July 10 2011 14:56 GMT
#5101
On July 10 2011 23:48 justiceknight wrote:
does fungal growth stunts Massive units?

Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 23:31 Geiko wrote:
On July 10 2011 23:20 Dusty wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a replay where he does FE into Stargate vs. Zerg? I really want to learn his stargate builds.


If by "he" you mean oGsMC, then here : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=230939

else I don't know who you are talking about



I saw a few games today about 1 gate expo + stargate ,do you know the BO for it?


Depends on the map. Latest example can be found here : http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors4/vod/65709

oGsMC vs ZeNEXKyrix

I'm very curious about how pros do this build also, so in the next couple of days I'm going to try to find all the replays of MC or ACE doing this, and write up a guide or discussion about this.
geiko.813 (EU)
Catchafire2000
Profile Joined August 2010
United States227 Posts
July 10 2011 16:52 GMT
#5102
I think a lot of players tend to slack off on their tech. For me, I barely tech to High Templars and get storm. I don't know why, but I barely get it. Maybe it's because it requires more micro to handle as compared to collusus. When playing Terran, I need either HT-storms or Collusus to deal with mass marines/marauders. Any tips on how to force myself to get HT?

Thanks,
jabooty
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 10 2011 17:02 GMT
#5103
On July 11 2011 01:52 Catchafire2000 wrote:
I think a lot of players tend to slack off on their tech. For me, I barely tech to High Templars and get storm. I don't know why, but I barely get it. Maybe it's because it requires more micro to handle as compared to collusus. When playing Terran, I need either HT-storms or Collusus to deal with mass marines/marauders. Any tips on how to force myself to get HT?

Thanks,


Take all your vespene geysers, stop making sentries after 10 or so, then realize at some point in the game after spamming zealots and stalkers that you have 1200+ gas that could easily be 4 archons or 8 high templars.
After 10 or so games like this, you'll realize HTs are actually good, and will want to get them every game.
Sounds like crappy advice but trust me, it works ^
geiko.813 (EU)
Catchafire2000
Profile Joined August 2010
United States227 Posts
July 10 2011 17:20 GMT
#5104
stop making sentries after the 10 minute mark? or after I have 10 sentries?
jabooty
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
July 10 2011 17:25 GMT
#5105
On July 11 2011 02:20 Catchafire2000 wrote:
stop making sentries after the 10 minute mark? or after I have 10 sentries?


After you have 10 or so sentries. You usually won't need any more than that.
geiko.813 (EU)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 17:33:53
July 10 2011 17:27 GMT
#5106
On July 11 2011 02:20 Catchafire2000 wrote:
stop making sentries after the 10 minute mark? or after I have 10 sentries?


After you have 10 sentries.

He's saying make a gas budget. Don't keep making sentries then make collo. Get your sentries then switch hard into HT. If you're nervous about the micro then practice against GreenTea AI
Edit: Me- post post post. Geiko- Win

On July 10 2011 09:43 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 09:29 Probe1 wrote:
Yeah just about every time. Floating minerals mid game? Make some sweet loving overlords. Make three roaches? Make an overlord. Inject? Make an overlord so you can cash those banging hot larva into defilers or infestors. Make some lings?

Well..
Meh, make an overlord as needed. ^_^

Edit: Also if you send in sacrificial scouting overlord make another one before it dies. That one happens to everyone >.>
Also if you aren't ridiculously ahead on overlords and someones about to snipe one.. make another. You can always worst case scenario cancel the egg if the overlord lives.


(Yeah, I get supply blocked at the worst possible moments too. 10 minute marine tank push? Ha ha you're supply capped! GG Loser.)


It's whenever the protoss sends in his little armada to hit me when he's expanding.

7 sentries, 3 zealots and 4 stalkers.

Me? 4 lings because I'm supply blocked for a good 20 seconds.


Just as a personal preference I make two overlords around 28 and 50ish supply instead of just one. I want a constant stream of reinforcements instead of 3/4 roaches (or 8 lings) and an overlord.

But a timing push like that imo spine crawler it up. It's easier to hold it off for me with 3 spines than 1-2 spines and lings.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Sufr1r
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain78 Posts
July 10 2011 17:41 GMT
#5107
At PvZ if I want to do 3 Gate Sentry expand, what if the Zerg steals my second gas? It really throws me off.

And is there a standard safe PvP build to learn? I'm only doing 4Gate because I don't know anything else in the matchup, but I really don't enjoy doing it.
Dota 2 ||| CLG Na`Vi Mouz mTw Zenith. Too much good teams to support!
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 17:49:15
July 10 2011 17:47 GMT
#5108
On July 11 2011 02:41 Sufr1r wrote:
At PvZ if I want to do 3 Gate Sentry expand, what if the Zerg steals my second gas? It really throws me off.

Take it before he steals it. It's OK to take your second gas before core. I do it all the time, and I've seen a lot of pro players do it (last protoss stream I watched yesterday was VTdesrow and he was doing it)

On July 11 2011 02:41 Sufr1r wrote:
And is there a standard safe PvP build to learn? I'm only doing 4Gate because I don't know anything else in the matchup, but I really don't enjoy doing it.


Three stalker rush :
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192658


My PvP build : (shameless promotion) :
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=240236
geiko.813 (EU)
Marathi
Profile Joined July 2011
298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 19:09:15
July 10 2011 19:08 GMT
#5109
How do you deal with Observers in TvP and with the Protoss being able to see your army composition at nearly any time in the mid-late game. Are Turrets too overkill? I feel like scans are unreliable and that a Raven may be a tad overkill unless you are going for a TL on your Starport anyway.

Thanks
eSports tees designed by me - http://tinyurl.com/bqmexd9
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 10 2011 19:16 GMT
#5110
On July 11 2011 04:08 Marathi wrote:
How do you deal with Observers in TvP and with the Protoss being able to see your army composition at nearly any time in the mid-late game. Are Turrets too overkill? I feel like scans are unreliable and that a Raven may be a tad overkill unless you are going for a TL on your Starport anyway.

Thanks


How are scans unreliable? They are very reliable. Being able to spot observers (or cloaked units in general) is a good skill to have. It's almost always worth it to use a scan to kill an obs.
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
July 10 2011 19:25 GMT
#5111
Does any1 know if they will release the replays for NASL?
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
Marathi
Profile Joined July 2011
298 Posts
July 10 2011 19:26 GMT
#5112
On July 11 2011 04:16 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2011 04:08 Marathi wrote:
How do you deal with Observers in TvP and with the Protoss being able to see your army composition at nearly any time in the mid-late game. Are Turrets too overkill? I feel like scans are unreliable and that a Raven may be a tad overkill unless you are going for a TL on your Starport anyway.

Thanks


How are scans unreliable? They are very reliable. Being able to spot observers (or cloaked units in general) is a good skill to have. It's almost always worth it to use a scan to kill an obs.


What happens if you've just used the energy on a mule, or you're just not very good at spotting observers or when you do spot them your marines/vikings are out of position to get a kill off?
eSports tees designed by me - http://tinyurl.com/bqmexd9
unR
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany17 Posts
July 10 2011 21:00 GMT
#5113
In this months GSL there was a TvZ where the Terran went for 2Port Banshee. I dont remember wether it was Code A oder S - can anyone tell me which match that was?
KingOctavious
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
July 10 2011 21:47 GMT
#5114
Four questions about "pp"

1. I know you use it when you have to pause, but what does pp stand for?

2. Why exactly does players say pp before pausing? Is it just a warning? It doesn't seem like just pausing without pp would mess anyone up too badly. Or am I just wrong?

3. Do most leagues *require* players to type pp before pausing, or is it just manner?

4. Does anyone actually use pp on the ladder, or is it just in professional play?

Thanks.
Check out my book, The Year in StarCraft II: 2011, http://yearinsc2.com/ :D:D
Philip2110
Profile Joined April 2010
Scotland798 Posts
July 10 2011 22:02 GMT
#5115
On July 11 2011 06:47 KingOctavious wrote:
Four questions about "pp"

1. I know you use it when you have to pause, but what does pp stand for?

2. Why exactly does players say pp before pausing? Is it just a warning? It doesn't seem like just pausing without pp would mess anyone up too badly. Or am I just wrong?

3. Do most leagues *require* players to type pp before pausing, or is it just manner?

4. Does anyone actually use pp on the ladder, or is it just in professional play?

Thanks.


1. Pause please
2. Its good manner
3. Not sure :s
4. I use it because as i said its good manner
Master Sc2 - Diamond LoL - Eu W
Mong00se
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
July 10 2011 22:47 GMT
#5116
Where do I find statistics on unit timings? For instance, two big questions I've been asking myself:

1) How fast does Infestor energy accumulate? Is it 1 energy per second? Is that the same for every energy unit?

2) How long does it take for a single drone/probe/scv to make a return trip to a gas geyser? If I wanted a quick zergling speed, how much faster should I get my gas than my pool?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 23:38:09
July 10 2011 23:34 GMT
#5117
On July 11 2011 07:47 Mong00se wrote:
Where do I find statistics on unit timings? For instance, two big questions I've been asking myself:

1) How fast does Infestor energy accumulate? Is it 1 energy per second? Is that the same for every energy unit?

2) How long does it take for a single drone/probe/scv to make a return trip to a gas geyser? If I wanted a quick zergling speed, how much faster should I get my gas than my pool?

1) All energy except for a PDD regens 25 energy per 44.44444444 seconds.

2) If your gas completes (and you start mining with 3 drones immediately) the same time you start your pool, you will have exactly 100 gas when the pool finishes.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Jaime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States213 Posts
July 11 2011 01:57 GMT
#5118
Is this guy using a maphack or just a terrible strategy, here's the replay
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/8739

It's certainly possible that he got lucky and scouted the right direction, but if I hadn't been at the first location he scouts, there's no way to recover from taking 3 SCVs off mining and the delay to building his first rax. So I just wanted to get some second opinions, hopefully this is the right thread, I don't think this really needs it's own thread.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-11 02:30:13
July 11 2011 02:28 GMT
#5119
On July 11 2011 02:41 Sufr1r wrote:
At PvZ if I want to do 3 Gate Sentry expand, what if the Zerg steals my second gas? It really throws me off.

And is there a standard safe PvP build to learn? I'm only doing 4Gate because I don't know anything else in the matchup, but I really don't enjoy doing it.


He's down 25minerals, and you 'killed' a drone - you are weaker to aggression, since you will have less sentries slower, so you need to get cannons faster. Below is roughly the response I use, but havent' had a gas steal against me in a while.

Make 2nd & 3rd gate as usual. Put 4th pylon on low ground, make forge (low ground) before nexus.
If your probe scouts 4 or less lings hatching, build 3rd pylon on lowground instead. You may need to drop forge before your 3rd gateway.
1st gate build order:
Zealot
Stalker
Sentry (you can afford this off 1 gas).

Tell your stalker & sentry to attack second guyser - if more than 4 lings come to your ramp, pull stalker back. If you did 3rd pylon on low ground, keep your sentry at the front.
Your zealot & stalker should sit in the gap made by your forge & ramp - untill you have enough sentries (3-4) to be safe against surpise 10+ speedling surrond.

Don't panic if 8+ speedlings start hitting your nexus before your cannon is up (first cannon should be between ramp & nexus) - it has alot of life, use this as a buffer till you can get some more sentries out. Worst to worst, you FF around your nexus to save it's life - or you cancel & go back up your ramp vs those fast roach rushes.

Very frustrating and tedious to open like this, but once you are comfortable with it & your unit control, you will be great. Any early lings he makes past 6lings is hurting his econ if he doesnt kill anything.



Shintuku
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada76 Posts
July 11 2011 02:38 GMT
#5120
Assuming you cut probes at ~40, at what time should a 6 gate attack begin off a 15 nexus?
Prev 1 254 255 256 257 258 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 130
-ZergGirl 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1751
Hyuk 240
910 70
Yoon 46
Bale 34
NotJumperer 21
ZergMaN 18
yabsab 15
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 625
Reynor50
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox573
Mew2King52
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor225
Other Games
summit1g7150
WinterStarcraft446
C9.Mang0256
PiGStarcraft251
Sick200
Livibee159
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream223
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2346
League of Legends
• Stunt531
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 37m
Stellar Fest
6h 37m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.