• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9207 users

NEW MOD: ShockCraft - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
propagare
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany93 Posts
May 24 2016 08:14 GMT
#21
Congratulation Sir! TY for contributing such a huge part to the SC community. Will definitely give this a try and come back with feedback. gg wp
„Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to bring the flame, whatever the cost.” ~
Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-26 04:47:16
May 25 2016 13:50 GMT
#22
Thanks. GLHF!

If anyone wants to discuss with me designs, balance, show off replays, or play games, do be sure to check out the Skype Group! https://join.skype.com/BLBRP3o5XZRU

I get that Skype is probably a weird thing to be using, but I always have it open and will be able to see almost all the conversations that happen in it and I very actively check it.
Uuh.
Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-28 10:37:39
May 27 2016 21:07 GMT
#23
Update, 5/27/16

GENERAL

More UI fixes. The Glossary (F12) now properly reflects the mod.
Many broken things in the Hotkey section have been fixed.

Mineral Harvest time increased to 3.5 seconds, from 3.3.

This small increase in harvest time should mostly be unnotiable. It's primarily going to nerf more than roughly 8 per base slightly. As it turned out, the Worker bouncing doesn't proc so much around 10 to 12 workers per base, which was not my intended goal. This way, it's more encouraged to expand but still not required as you only lose a little bit of efficiency. (Mineral income efficiency per worker drops off at roughly 5 to 10% per worker over 8, so it's still okay to have over 8 workers per base, it's just better to have them split between 2)

TERRAN

Orbital Command
*Cost changed to 50/0

Barracks
*No longer requires Supply Depot.

Wraith
*10+8 vs Light ground damage.
*+1 to base damage per up, +1 to Light per up (For a total of +2 vs Light per up) for ground
*7+10 vs Massive Air damage.
*+1 per up, +1 vs Massive per up for Air.

Viking
*Air Mode health increased to 150.
*Cost increased to 150/100.

Raven
*Auto-Turrets now are burrowed initially and do not run their expiration timer until they unburrow. The process is automatic and once they unburrow, they cannot burrow again.
*Added Explosive Shrapnel back.

PROTOSS

Warp Gate
*Units now have the same cooldown as they do production time.

ZERG

Hatchery
*Build time decreased to 70 seconds. (50 real-time seconds)
*Now spawns Creep Tumors.
*Has 23 starting energy, with 200 max.

Hydralisk Den
*Cost changed to 100/50

Roach
*The Roach's burrow is now transient. (Does not interupt moving)
Uuh.
sc2zzz
Profile Joined May 2016
2 Posts
May 28 2016 02:12 GMT
#24
Hello!
I'm quite curious about the design process of the project.
I'm interesting in dedicating some time into testing stuff.

There are a couple things I would love to see in general:

1. Do you think you could make hotkeys customizable for all units? It would really enhance my experience.
Maybe it was just a specific scenario, but defilers are missing from the unit hotkey menu, so i cannot change their hotkeys. Think it might be true for other units, but i will have to test it later on.
2. Have you planned on making a unit tester map? It can really speed up data gathering from deliberate testing. It also helps new players and testers in getting an idea of a race potential and roles in a short amount of time.


Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
May 28 2016 09:09 GMT
#25
On May 28 2016 11:12 sc2zzz wrote:
Hello!
I'm quite curious about the design process of the project.
I'm interesting in dedicating some time into testing stuff.

There are a couple things I would love to see in general:

1. Do you think you could make hotkeys customizable for all units? It would really enhance my experience.
Maybe it was just a specific scenario, but defilers are missing from the unit hotkey menu, so i cannot change their hotkeys. Think it might be true for other units, but i will have to test it later on.
2. Have you planned on making a unit tester map? It can really speed up data gathering from deliberate testing. It also helps new players and testers in getting an idea of a race potential and roles in a short amount of time.




After I made this update, I've been hotfixing a lot of stuff that I forgot. I also had to completely redo all my uploads because apparently maps link to a specific version of the dependency they use, and not just the dependency in general.

A Unit Tester is on the list of things I need to do, but it may be another day or two before I can really get that functional. I'll take a second look at everything that isn't in the Hotkey Menu and try to get everything in there. It's not intentional that units are missing.

As for the development process, I spent about 6 to 8 months in total on it, if you don't count the almost two years of prototypes and learning design. I happen to get around the right people that really jump-started my learning process. After that, I really critically looked at what I had and from there it was mostly just taking a long time to come up with ideas and then spending a little bit doing the data. I don't have a whole lot of complicated data, so making my ideas didn't take long. The only thing that took a while was actually coming up with the ideas and ultimately I settled on what I had and decided I'd release it as-is and continue to think of ideas that I'd patch in later.
Uuh.
propagare
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany93 Posts
May 28 2016 11:12 GMT
#26
No Supply Depot? I don't know. Seems not a wise decision fmpov. Terran here.
„Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to bring the flame, whatever the cost.” ~
propagare
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany93 Posts
May 28 2016 11:12 GMT
#27
Do we have / want a Discord server? I would admin one for you.
„Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to bring the flame, whatever the cost.” ~
Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-29 00:42:10
May 28 2016 17:48 GMT
#28
On May 28 2016 20:12 propagare wrote:
No Supply Depot? I don't know. Seems not a wise decision fmpov. Terran here.


I think I'm willing to handle any problems it may cause, but as it stands right now T's early-game can't really keep up with their income and making the Barracks not require the Supply Depot was the only way I could think to speed it up.

On May 28 2016 20:12 propagare wrote:
Do we have / want a Discord server? I would admin one for you.


I don't use Discord often, but I guess I could make one and try to remember to be on it. I don't really know how Discord works, though. xD

Does there need to be a Discord? Skype works just as well and I have easy access to that and it doesn't drain the hell out of my CPU, unlike Discord, so I have it open pretty much all the time.
Uuh.
Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-30 11:00:03
May 29 2016 20:01 GMT
#29
Reduced Stalker damage to 14+4 vs Armored. Considering removing Chrono. Protoss is insanely strong right now. Others are telling me Marauders are also very strong, so they may be looked at next.

Let me know if you think this damage is too low and I can reconsider it.
Uuh.
0mg_t1red
Profile Joined March 2013
Russian Federation104 Posts
May 31 2016 08:52 GMT
#30
Have no idead, why i should prefer this mode, that is designed and balanced by a single person, has less variability and players playing it, over the original sc2 LotV. Anyway if you enjoy doing it gl and hf)
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-31 09:08:45
May 31 2016 09:08 GMT
#31
There's a TON of these out there. We get a thread about a new one about every month, sometimes more often. I think people do it for funsies (hey look I can make my preferred version of Starcraft, cool) but of course if many of them grouped up and agreed on some things they could make something bigger.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Templarfreak
Profile Joined February 2012
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-03 00:10:24
June 03 2016 00:10 GMT
#32
On May 31 2016 18:08 Fatam wrote:
There's a TON of these out there. We get a thread about a new one about every month, sometimes more often. I think people do it for funsies (hey look I can make my preferred version of Starcraft, cool) but of course if many of them grouped up and agreed on some things they could make something bigger.


The hard part would be getting all the people to agree on it. A lot of these people, including myself, have very different ideas on how we think the game should work. Some want very drastic changes, while others want to stick really close to BW, some others want it to be their own thing, and others want to keep the same basic idea without expanding on it.

I kind of want to change a little bit of the base, like I do with the economy changes, but for the most part be my own thing, but other than that I don't want too many drastic changes and I don't want to directly copy BW. I want to try and make it a little different.

Anyway, new update:

6/2/2016

GENERAL

Mineral return rate reduced to 5.

TERRAN

UNIT REMOVED: Medivac

Marine:
*Combat Shield removed.

Marauder:
*Health reduced to 60.
*Removed second attack, now just has 5+4 vs Armored solid instead of *2.

NEW UNIT: Dropship

ZERG

Roach:
*Reduced health to 140.

Ravager:
*Reduced health to 150.
* Damage reduced to 20.
*Corrosive Bile damage changed to 40+10 vs Bio.

Mutalisk:
*Regeneration passive removed.
*Speed reduced to 3.75.

PROTOSS

Chronoboost removed.

Pheonix:
*Speed reduced to 4.
Uuh.
greggrichardson66
Profile Joined January 2022
4 Posts
January 03 2022 01:33 GMT
#33
--- Nuked ---
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
January 18 2022 18:02 GMT
#34
I m glad to see freshs ideas on SC2 and even if i dislike some of your changes, i m sure that your mod has something to offer. Hope to see more stuff like this in the future.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 657
JuggernautJason47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17184
Rush 125
Dewaltoss 107
Sexy 27
Bale 12
Dota 2
qojqva2106
monkeys_forever213
Counter-Strike
fl0m1457
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1928
crisheroes1163
Liquid`Hasu853
Other Games
summit1g4245
Grubby3604
FrodaN713
Beastyqt642
shahzam405
byalli238
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0163
KnowMe156
UpATreeSC126
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur250
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 26m
Stellar Fest
17h 26m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.