• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:00
CEST 12:00
KST 19:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7168 users

[M] (4) CD Quarantine Zone - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
July 03 2012 06:27 GMT
#21
Not making it easier for Terran to turtle off of three base. But FS was that back in BW in TvP Terran did and still do sit back off three base against toss and this map is exactly the same lol good work
Master Chief
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 03 2012 06:41 GMT
#22
On July 03 2012 15:27 BWalma wrote:
Not making it easier for Terran to turtle off of three base. But FS was that back in BW in TvP Terran did and still do sit back off three base against toss and this map is exactly the same lol good work

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
July 03 2012 22:58 GMT
#23
On July 03 2012 15:41 stormfoxSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 15:27 BWalma wrote:
Not making it easier for Terran to turtle off of three base. But FS was that back in BW in TvP Terran did and still do sit back off three base against toss and this map is exactly the same lol good work

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.


Ya lol it does not make much sense. This was when I woke up a 3AM haha. I was saying if you wanted not to encourage three base play by making the map have a hard third to take. I was saying you failed IMO. Because if you look back at Brood War Terran's all they did was three base in till 3/3 maxed Mech army back in BW on FS
Master Chief
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 05:55:06
July 04 2012 05:49 GMT
#24
On July 04 2012 07:58 BWalma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 15:41 stormfoxSC wrote:
On July 03 2012 15:27 BWalma wrote:
Not making it easier for Terran to turtle off of three base. But FS was that back in BW in TvP Terran did and still do sit back off three base against toss and this map is exactly the same lol good work

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.


Ya lol it does not make much sense. This was when I woke up a 3AM haha. I was saying if you wanted not to encourage three base play by making the map have a hard third to take. I was saying you failed IMO. Because if you look back at Brood War Terran's all they did was three base in till 3/3 maxed Mech army back in BW on FS

I'm not sure how that comparison has any relevance, given Terrans do not mech TvP in StarCraft 2. The fact of the matter is the units of SC2 cause for very different strategies compared to its predecessor, and this style of map has not been tested in this new environment.

That said, if this style of map does somehow result in a viable 3-base turtle mech TvP strategy, I think that alone would be something incredibly interesting to look at and analyze, given how strategically stagnant (outside of random 1-2 base all-ins) TvP has been for Terran even since the beta.

Finally, I highly encourage you (and everyone) to play-test this map to see if your claims have merit. However, at this time I've yet to receive any TvP games that played out as you predict, and so I'd have to say it's rather pre-mature for you to declare it a failure.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 18 2012 07:45 GMT
#25
While this has been the case for a little while now, I forgot to make an update to announce it! You can now play on CD Quarantine Zone with the Starbow Mod! For those of you who love Starbow, hopefully this is exciting news.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Queequag101
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada24 Posts
July 23 2012 02:38 GMT
#26
Just played this in the map tournament, It reminds me of the same style maps in 2v2 and 4v4 which means impossible to see anything that's got the maximum fog still on it. If you could fix that please do Also it seems really empty for how massive it is.
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 23 2012 02:41 GMT
#27
On July 23 2012 11:38 Queequag101 wrote:
Just played this in the map tournament, It reminds me of the same style maps in 2v2 and 4v4 which means impossible to see anything that's got the maximum fog still on it. If you could fix that please do Also it seems really empty for how massive it is.

I'm not sure what you mean, as the map has the standard fog of war. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the difficult vision? Would mean a lot to me. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe the time of day... I never adjusted it so maybe it's set to night? I'll investigate that.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Insomni7
Profile Joined June 2011
667 Posts
July 23 2012 03:01 GMT
#28
The lighting is a bit dark on this map and the textures make it hard to distinguish landmarks like, for example, your main ramp. I think this is what queequag101 means.
Never Forget.
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 23 2012 04:52 GMT
#29
On July 23 2012 12:01 Insomni7 wrote:
The lighting is a bit dark on this map and the textures make it hard to distinguish landmarks like, for example, your main ramp. I think this is what queequag101 means.

Gotcha gotcha. I'll do some tweaking to the lighting and textures to make the map more visually clear. Thanks for the feedback you guys!
Twitter: @iamcaustic
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
July 23 2012 05:23 GMT
#30
On July 04 2012 07:58 BWalma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 15:41 stormfoxSC wrote:
On July 03 2012 15:27 BWalma wrote:
Not making it easier for Terran to turtle off of three base. But FS was that back in BW in TvP Terran did and still do sit back off three base against toss and this map is exactly the same lol good work

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.


Ya lol it does not make much sense. This was when I woke up a 3AM haha. I was saying if you wanted not to encourage three base play by making the map have a hard third to take. I was saying you failed IMO. Because if you look back at Brood War Terran's all they did was three base in till 3/3 maxed Mech army back in BW on FS

that's protoss's fault for not grabbing more bases and going BeSt style mass gateway so you can quickly remax 200/200 to kill terran mech. and if you sit on 200/200 3/3 as terran, ur gonna lose.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
July 23 2012 06:41 GMT
#31
The lighting is a bit dark on this map and the textures make it hard to distinguish landmarks like, for example, your main ramp. I think this is what queequag101 means.


This is why it's very common to put landing lights and the like next to main ramps and other points of interest.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
July 24 2012 04:00 GMT
#32
New version of the map is live on NA. Changes include lighting updates to alleviate the darkness issue and an adjustment to the main base cliffs.

Thanks for the feedback guys! More is always appreciated.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
August 23 2012 09:26 GMT
#33
I've only just noticed this map thanks to you posting in another thread mentioning it and can I say I love it?

The only thing I'd change is the rocks making it harder to get up to defend your own third (unless that's to stop early attacks?)

I loved Fighting Spirit as Terran and since I mech in all matchups I think this is one of the best maps I've seen made here :o
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
August 23 2012 10:20 GMT
#34
This map is awesome. Thank you for trying to push the bounds. I love how you use something so simple and intuitive (smaller ramp on the outside of third) to allow a smaller amount of units to defend it, in theory.

Love the design, the middle, and pretty much everything about this map.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 13:23:08
August 23 2012 12:29 GMT
#35
EDIT: Sorry posted in the wrong thread.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 23:59:01
August 23 2012 23:56 GMT
#36
On August 23 2012 18:26 Qikz wrote:
I've only just noticed this map thanks to you posting in another thread mentioning it and can I say I love it?

The only thing I'd change is the rocks making it harder to get up to defend your own third (unless that's to stop early attacks?)

I loved Fighting Spirit as Terran and since I mech in all matchups I think this is one of the best maps I've seen made here :o

The rocks are indeed to help against earlier attacks, and can be destroyed as the game goes on. They also help defend against roundabout harassment if players spawn horizontally. The rocks in the middle of the map serve a similar function, and can also be destroyed later to facilitate larger pushes and/or establish stronger contains (better concave and all).

Also, thanks for the comments you guys! I really appreciate that you love the map. You can try it out in the StarCraft section of patch 1.5, under custom games. I always enjoy getting replays both for sheer entertainment and as valuable play data.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3830
Hyuk 1038
Calm 935
Bisu 761
Soma 354
Rush 305
BeSt 241
Horang2 153
Stork 139
Sexy 122
[ Show more ]
Mong 117
ToSsGirL 84
Mind 58
Killer 54
Jaedong 46
ZerO 43
Shinee 35
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 15
NaDa 15
Barracks 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Pusan 8
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward172
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns36247
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh274
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.