• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:00
CEST 23:00
KST 06:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7793 users

[Map] (4) Sinkhole - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
July 14 2010 09:44 GMT
#21
looks awesome bro

but definitely looks like a FFA map, a great one at that.
HubertFelix
Profile Joined April 2010
France631 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 14:23:52
July 14 2010 12:18 GMT
#22
Your map is really nice. I won't talk about imbalance, but I have one concern: it feels like there is not enough space for many buildings in the mains.
Maybe i'm wrong, it's hard to see on screenshots
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
July 14 2010 12:57 GMT
#23
there s tons of details in ur maps
very nice work, looks awesome
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
LokPest
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway21 Posts
July 14 2010 14:09 GMT
#24
how can i play this on EU server?
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Avrithor
Profile Joined May 2010
United States41 Posts
July 14 2010 14:33 GMT
#25
It looks gorgeous, but I have to say I'm concerned about how it will play. I think the most important thing is being able to parse what is happening, and there's already a lot going on in SC2 battles. I'm worried that the extreme amount of visual detail will make that more difficult, but it's hard to say without actually playing on it some. I'll definitely take it for a spin or two and see what it looks like in-game.
Keype
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden455 Posts
July 14 2010 14:57 GMT
#26
Cool maps but way to many rocks haven't read all you wrote so I might be just comepletly gone if thats the case ignore me
Tornado Terran Fighting!
Half
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2554 Posts
July 14 2010 15:04 GMT
#27
Too many doodads on playing field.
Too Busy to Troll!
Jonanin
Profile Joined April 2010
United States23 Posts
July 14 2010 15:07 GMT
#28
This map looks really good! I wish more people would spend time on analysis and balance consideration like you did! I'm sure some of your maps will be in the official map pool sometime Keep 'em coming.
asdf
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 16:57:03
July 14 2010 16:53 GMT
#29
--- Nuked ---
Perdition
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
American Samoa77 Posts
July 14 2010 17:01 GMT
#30
There is a lot of visual clutter in this map. I don't personally see how it would be played on. It is however, certainly original.
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
ganil
Profile Joined August 2009
253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 17:11:40
July 14 2010 17:11 GMT
#31
How does this map look ?
PWN. GG.

Really beatifull map but it's hard to say sthg about the balance without playing on it ^^.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
July 14 2010 17:23 GMT
#32
Woah doood this looks sick!! Makes me wanna work some more on my maps with doodads :D

How long did it take you from start to the end?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
July 14 2010 17:34 GMT
#33
It looks really pretty, and I really need to play it before I can make any real comments about it, but I like the concept of the archon. My only other concern is that it may be be too cluttered with doodads and rocks and they could mess with unit pathing too much, but this I would definiately need to play test before condeming such a pretty map. I look forward to playing it when I get home
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
driftme
Profile Joined June 2010
United States360 Posts
July 14 2010 17:43 GMT
#34
WOW great looking map!!

I can't wait to play it and try it out later today =]
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 21:43:03
July 14 2010 21:42 GMT
#35
--- Nuked ---
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 23:09:46
July 14 2010 23:08 GMT
#36
On July 15 2010 01:53 Barrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
I feel if you make the ramps to the high yield in the middle very big, (combine those 3 small ramps into one) it might open up some space. Also, you should take out some (or all) of the Destructible Rocks in the middle.

I thought the ramps to the middle were too big before I made it 4x3 smaller ramps. That's also why I added the rocks below them, but I might take those out.


Well, they should be big. It makes the map more open and it makes the high yield harder to defend. Terran might have too much of an easy time defending if they Siege up a few ramps and wall off the others.

Show nested quote +
Personally, I would also make the High Yield Minerals normal (keep the 12 patches) and add gas. (possibly 4 geysers or high yield geysers) It would be a very rare circumstance where someone would need 12 patches of high yield minerals. That is just too much

I had thought about this. No matter how I placed the minerals/gas I just wasn't satisfied with the oppenness of the ramp up to them. I tried like 20 different ways and this is the ONLY one I was satisfied with the oppenness of all 4 ways up. That aside, I think that there is no such thing as too many minerals, unless you just cant keep your APM up :D As all races, make extra overlords/pylons/supply depots. Maybe use them to block off the middle. As terran, make extra barracks and spam marines. As protoss, extra gateways and spam zealots. As zerg, extra hatcheries, extra queens, spam zerglings!


Well, you can hardly say that because once the game goes to 3 base and beyond, everyone will be maxing out their army with gas as their only low resource. Zealots for Protoss might be the only effective mineral dump or Marines for a Bio Terran. But Zerglings and Bio Terran aren't that good because of Colossi, Siege Tanks, Infestors, and Roaches. And they is hardly a reason to buy more Pylons, Overlords, and Supply Depots than you need unless it is for a special reason.

Grimjim
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
July 14 2010 23:44 GMT
#37
Your map is a beauty, but the thing I love most is the layout of the Main, Natural, and Third.

Perfectly defend-able by P and T, but also harass-able by Z. Plus, all the destructible rocks take away any advantages from turtle play.

This would make an epic FFA map, and if you created a 1v1 version (Simply cut out 2 of the mains and make them face each perhaps? Playing this version 1v1 would make it way too easy to cheese with all those nooks and crannies for hidden tech. It would be VR madness), it would be epic.

5 Ultralisks out of 5.
I am serious. And my name is Shirley.
nineninja9
Profile Joined March 2010
United States194 Posts
July 14 2010 23:47 GMT
#38
Why does the bottom right island only have 6 mineral patches when I believe the rest have 7?
Gackt_
Profile Joined March 2010
335 Posts
July 14 2010 23:48 GMT
#39
I think the map is looking really good, cant decide if it's a map that people would play in ladder games or not since I've only took a look at it in map editor and ingame alone...but I would like to see less water around the center.

Tried it out on high textures with my good ol 8800gt card but I seem to get fps drop in the center of the map. Sure could lower the graphs but I mainly play on high on all the other maps with great fps so I shouldnt be forced to lower graphs just for this one map. Just a tip and Good work!
Tone_
Profile Joined May 2009
United Kingdom554 Posts
July 15 2010 00:07 GMT
#40
Incredibly impressively looking. Can't wait to download and play! TY!
Hasta La Victoria Siempre | 톤
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 450
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4471
Fnx 563
minikerr6
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4363
Liquid`Hasu617
Other Games
summit1g5032
Liquid`RaSZi1675
FrodaN547
XaKoH 383
ToD246
C9.Mang0159
RotterdaM102
QueenE63
JuggernautJason34
Mew2King30
PPMD26
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream14
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21127
Other Games
• Shiphtur955
• imaqtpie660
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h
Patches Events
19h
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.