• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:56
CEST 10:56
KST 17:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9672 users

Power Rank 08/07/2008

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
August 07 2008 05:41 GMT
#1
Close but No Cigar:

BackHo: BackHo is fucking BAD. The only existing argument for BackHo getting a Power Rank spot seems to be "how he gets results doesn't matter, simply that he gets results". That's a nice thought, and maybe if BackHo could manage to win more games than he loses I'd be more willing to look past his glaring lack of skill.

Sea: Sea's in the OSL Round of 16, crushing Pure to get there. Pretty good! He's got a creampuff Survivor group, too. However, history has a nasty tendency to repeat itself. Let's all pray for a semifinal.

Much: Much isn't playing well. I'm sure someone will come in here and argue that he beat down FirebatHero, the guy who loses to every Protoss ever, and somehow that's justification for him to be named one of the ten best players of the day. Not even close.

More to come as things are addressed in the thread!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
August 07 2008 05:48 GMT
#2
Happy with the first 8, although I'd probably shuffle Kal and BeSt up a tad and Luxury and Leta down a little. But there's not enough between the four of them for it to really make a difference. As for the final 2, we've talked that one to death already so I don't see the need to bring that argument here. But if both of them fail to shine I'll be sure to remind you of your confidence in them.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
August 07 2008 05:48 GMT
#3
Forgg!!!!

Flash vs backho on wuthering heights was like a tvp textbook on its own imba flash
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
August 07 2008 05:49 GMT
#4
Thanks again for doing this Steve. Yes you're gonna get a lot of bitching for 9-10, but your reasoning is fine, and I don't have anything to refute, really.

I think there's enough reason to bump Kal off the list entirely, but I'm not about to go back and figure out exactly which dates this PR covers.

Cheers!
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-07 05:51:38
August 07 2008 05:50 GMT
#5
i think sea should've been #1 again

EDIT: *ANGSTY POST ABOUT WHY FLASH SHOULD BE ABOVE JAEDONG!~!!111*
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
August 07 2008 05:56 GMT
#6
nice, i like the power rank just fine. I think iris does deserve that spot, as he's consistent and sometimes has monstrous play
Teamliquidian townie
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 07 2008 06:01 GMT
#7
I agree with the powerrank fully
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Tinithor
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1552 Posts
August 07 2008 06:04 GMT
#8
I love you fakesteve for bringing midas back ^^
"Oh-My-GOD" ... "Is many mutas, Yes?"
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
August 07 2008 06:05 GMT
#9
yay new pr

I'll definately have to check out Iris' games now that you mentioned them. I would love for Iris to climb the PR and help win me fantasy MSL
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
August 07 2008 06:05 GMT
#10
Actually you're right about Kal. But I'd probably go Leta, BeSt, Luxury. It's a tricky one. We know BeSt is good and Luxury is good and we know that BeSt just beat Luxury in a close series. But equally Leta has shown far better results than either recently. It just seems like #5 is a bit high for luxury and #7 is a bit low for BeSt but there's so little in it that it's tricky.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
August 07 2008 06:08 GMT
#11
huh, I didn't think iris was doing so well, although I haven't seen his recent games.

midas is 1-2 this month, I don't think he deserves the rank (and he wasn't chosen to be SKT's ace in the playoffs). I don't know who does, however.
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-07 06:15:29
August 07 2008 06:10 GMT
#12
A fine rank , but why Midas in top 10 i don't recall him playing at all last month or he just lost his last PL games and fail to qualify for 1 of the leagues as i can remember ??? I would rather have Mind just by the fact that he stomped JangBI in WCG and he is seeded and yet to qualify for the leagues .
Tinithor
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1552 Posts
August 07 2008 06:10 GMT
#13
Midas has been doing well all season.
"Oh-My-GOD" ... "Is many mutas, Yes?"
ShinyGerbil
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada519 Posts
August 07 2008 06:10 GMT
#14
i completely agree with the first 7, but i think 8-10 should go as such:

8 - Jangbi: still the best PvT around and after tieing (and then beating flash) he's showing no sign of remorse
9 - Canata: the king of TvT is certainly still around. some brilliant games at the end of this proleague season should land him this spot.
10 - EffOrt: an up and coming zerg that has been winning some nice games against Kal, FBH, etc.
[s]savior[/s] jaedong fighting! // member of LighT eSports
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
August 07 2008 06:18 GMT
#15
OK HANG ON THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE

steve you love my fav player julyzerg, you share a birthday with me, you have an iron maiden pic in your profile which is my fav band and best of all time period. OK im paying for you to get the surgery we are getting married.

oh nice power rank btw
OMG you nasty gurl
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
August 07 2008 06:24 GMT
#16
On August 07 2008 15:10 ShinyGerbil wrote:
i completely agree with the first 7, but i think 8-10 should go as such:

8 - Jangbi: still the best PvT around and after tieing (and then beating flash) he's showing no sign of remorse
9 - Canata: the king of TvT is certainly still around. some brilliant games at the end of this proleague season should land him this spot.
10 - EffOrt: an up and coming zerg that has been winning some nice games against Kal, FBH, etc.


JangBI got himself raped by Mind in WCG not the best starcraft i've seen , but shows that Mind will be comeing in here pretty soon i would argue next month . Canata sucks all together losing to Justin in OSL offlines .

I would like to see more of Effort he is a promising zerg beating Kal in ZvP in Bo3 is not an easy task .
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-07 06:34:03
August 07 2008 06:24 GMT
#17
Its scary how much I...disagree with everything on this power rank. The only placements I can remotely agree with are Kal, Jaedong, and FORGG. Flash is playing too bad for 3, Julys zvt is too untested for 4, Leta has done nothing but proleague, and despite the good games, I doubt he deserves six, best took a massive drop despite his only failings to be a in a pvz that we all knew he was weak in, against july who we all knew was strong in that particular match up to an absurd degree, and Midas and Iris, while playing good- more midas than Iris- I'm not entirely convinced are quite the right choices. Though, the very bottom of the power rank hardly concerns me, so I suppose I'll let them be, but in general just...wow, I cant believe how disagree able this power rank is. It's so outrageous, I'm not even going to debate it any further.

Edit: You know what, under further consideration [its 2:30 and yes I am lazy enough not to rewrite my entire post, but just leave it there] I don't disagree with everything. There are a lot of people teetering on worthiness of the bottom of the power rank, and I suppose Iris/Midas are just as justifiable as anyone else who has had a good run. Likewise, despite the fact that I think Flash should be lower-ordinarily, there is simply no one to fill in the gap, so he stays due to the fact that we have had a slow month, and nothing can prove otherwise definitively. Leta's games have been amazing though, but I still disagree with such a high placement, and Best's being so low [despite my hatred of him] I also disagree with the lux/july order [despite my lover of July], but hey. So no, not that bad of a power rank, wacky but...well we have had a slow inconsistent month, what can be said.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
August 07 2008 06:28 GMT
#18
bold choices, indeed.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Chameleon
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States604 Posts
August 07 2008 06:31 GMT
#19
good job on what i suspect was a pretty tough month to evaluate
TL's #1 Horang2 fan
Raiju
Profile Joined December 2007
Australia235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-07 06:38:19
August 07 2008 06:35 GMT
#20
On August 07 2008 15:24 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Its scary how much I...disagree with everything on this power rank.


Give us your power rank then douchebag.

Edit: Your are no longer a douchebag since ur edit
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4207
Horang2 333
Hyuk 312
Shinee 89
Hyun 84
Hm[arnc] 77
ggaemo 58
Snow 57
Killer 54
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Bale 36
Bonyth 34
JYJ 13
League of Legends
JimRising 559
Other Games
summit1g9715
singsing858
Mew2King93
ArmadaUGS77
gofns6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick694
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• Michael_bg 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2397
League of Legends
• Lourlo1432
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 4m
INu's Battles
3h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 4m
Replay Cast
14h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.