• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:12
CEST 07:12
KST 14:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8403 users

Power Rank 08/11/2011 - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19390 Posts
August 11 2011 16:46 GMT
#21
I'm content with this months power ranks. JD and Killer could have been switched and I don't think many would argue. I do expect a #1 Bisu power rank next month however. I feel like Bisu is like Yellow when it comes to power rank. He's always #3.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 11 2011 17:32 GMT
#22
The order was pretty good. I thought a few of the comments could have been better. Especially for our top 5 I felt like you wrote a lot of words without saying much (too much repetition of "I wish the SPL finals would have happened" type sentiments, and too many cases of saying "X and Y are similar cases" when they really are not). The remarks seemed a bit wishy-washy where I would have preferred conviction.

Also, Soo should have been mentioned in CBNC. He was PR'd the month before back when everything we knew about him amounted to "so, he can play ZvP... and?" Now, okay, he hasn't proved himself to be really "strong" at ZvT or anything, but he's racked up some wins against decent players, pushing him through OSL 2-1 and MST 2-0, and I, for one, would not have expected him to survive that OSL group.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
xarthaz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1704 Posts
August 11 2011 17:59 GMT
#23
On August 11 2011 23:55 sixfour wrote:
Zero, Soulkey and Light?

[image loading]

Agreed. Its about damn time
Aah thats the stuff..
Qaatar
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
August 11 2011 18:27 GMT
#24
Zero with his highest ever ranking, and Light back in the top 10 again! Yes!
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
August 11 2011 18:33 GMT
#25
Another good, controversy free PR. Which unfortunately means less excitement and drama in the comments. I hope the coming weeks will shake things up!
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:54:49
August 11 2011 19:50 GMT
#26
I agree with your top 6 placements 100%. Yay, Killer! 7-10 are also not bad choices. But...

I know you are subjective and therefore cannot be "wrong", but you made a real mistake leaving out Soo. He was ranked PR #7 last month. He goes 2-1 in OSL Ro16, advancing, and goes 2-0 in MST, advancing. That's 4-1 for the month. And you demote him out of the top 10, and not even CBNC worthy? His wins were mostly over Terran too, showing that he is not just a ZvP machine. What? I'll walk you through it again:

Soo's July PR #7
Soo's July Record 4-1, advancing in two leagues
Soo is demoted out of the PR, and out of the CBNC

Now as I said I understand it is subjective, but did his games really leave you unimpressed? Since he has the results, you must have seen something in his playstyle that disgusted you to punish him on the PR so hard after such a good month. I'd like your thoughts.

Go JangBi! Defeat Flash and return to the PR!
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 20:06:28
August 11 2011 20:05 GMT
#27
That, or he could have just forgotten SoO.

In any case i dont think he can change the Power Rank, but maybe edit in a shout-out for SoO?

Im sad that Bisu doesnt have a chance to make number 1 but its true that he didnt have the chance to prove himself this month, and thus didnt have a lot to show for. But Zero above him still made me slightly depressed T_T

Edit: If not for Bisu n Flash, i was ready to call Swarm Season v2.0 T_T.. Gosh ZvP nowadays =/
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
August 11 2011 20:11 GMT
#28
Oh yeah, he can't change it, I wouldn't want that. But he should get some type of CBNC or shout-out for continuing to perform well and advance in leagues for yet another month. Unless Flamewheel was honestly unimpressed with his play, of course.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
August 11 2011 20:14 GMT
#29
I think he just forgot. I know that it slipped my mind until I read Hyuk in the shout-out and thought to myself that there was an SKT zerg who played better.

Otherwise, a pretty good list.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 20:30:51
August 11 2011 20:29 GMT
#30
Yeah, I forgot soO completely. To be honest because of limited time I only watched one of his games--the one against TurN where it was more TurN failing with the 5rax push. When I get the chance later tonight I will go take a closer look at his games and edit him in where he seems appropriate.

All Power Ranks are editable. When I received the position, I actually went through and corrected some of the old tags, since tags such as
<b></b> and <i></i>
and the likes no longer showed properly in some of the older PRs (though apparently I can use them now or something).
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
MisteR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands595 Posts
August 11 2011 20:51 GMT
#31
I love that you'll consider editing in a player you've forgotten Flamewheel

Nice power rank and it is indeed swarm season all over again.
Nal_Ra/Much/Horang2/Flying fighting!~
Canadium
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada171 Posts
August 11 2011 20:53 GMT
#32
I definitely believe Jaedong has what it takes to win another title and be the top zerg again.... It'll just be more difficult with so many zergs in the individual leagues and his ZvZ slumping so hard :/ Still.... We must believe!
You better run Charles....
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 21:44:01
August 11 2011 21:39 GMT
#33
1) Flash
2) Bisu
3) Killer
4) Zero
5) Hydra
6) Jaedong
7) Fantasy
8) Bogus
9) Stats
10) HoeJJa

imo

Killer is for real, Jaedong looks way too vulnerable, Fantasy had it easy but he looks decent, Light will always be a known quantity (blame TvP)

edit: actually I replaced Stats instead of Jangbi at 9 tbh

Stats is scarier because we know the absolute rapefest he can deal out when he's on his a-game, and he looks like he's on his a-game right now...
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 22:15:03
August 11 2011 22:13 GMT
#34
Need
more
Leta
Seriously, LETA for CBNC atleast.

Other than that power rank makes me warm and fussy with even stats getting CBNC

And Killer should have been above Jaedong, no reason for him to be below him other than "Jaedong is Jaedong"
but killer is a fucking killer, and him doing the "jump to 4th spot and may stay may disappear next month ala stats / shine " seemed like the best thing to do
In the woods, there lurks..
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
August 11 2011 22:24 GMT
#35
Love the power rank!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:28:05
August 11 2011 22:28 GMT
#36
I can live with this..


edit: nooooo HoeJJa damn you PR updates.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:01:57
August 11 2011 22:56 GMT
#37
Updated, sorry for forgetting.

Leta?

Aside from the game against Flash, I forgot about him as well. I'll take a look.

Mehhh not that big of a fan of Leta this time around--he just hasn't played enough. The games against CH and Flash were good, but it just comes down to he hasn't played enough. Before the two playoff matches we didn't see him for a month because he didn't make OSL.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19390 Posts
August 11 2011 22:56 GMT
#38
A little off topic, but what ever happened to (T)FrOzean. He hasn't played since march. Is he just terrible now? Also is (P)Pusan coaching now or just never going to play again in the PL?
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:03:59
August 11 2011 23:02 GMT
#39
On August 12 2011 07:56 BisuDagger wrote:
A little off topic, but what ever happened to (T)FrOzean. He hasn't played since march. Is he just terrible now? Also is (P)Pusan coaching now or just never going to play again in the PL?

iirc Frozean is retiring.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
August 11 2011 23:12 GMT
#40
I wouldn't put Leta in the 10. He gets points for waving the "I beat Flash" card but I'm not sold.

I can agree with the lack of Fantasy, even if I would have given him a low rank myself. He will probably walk though Hyuk in the Ro8 (again), but his long term power still is uncertain and it's better to wait for how he does in the SPL finals before giving him a spot.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft266
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft706
PiGStarcraft266
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 346
Stork 200
Leta 112
ggaemo 107
PianO 72
Hyuk 30
Bale 16
yabsab 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox762
Westballz51
Mew2King9
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor626
Other Games
summit1g7753
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0296
Sick130
RuFF_SC2129
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS37
Liquid`Ken10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2175
League of Legends
• Lourlo1336
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 48m
Online Event
5h 48m
FEL
10h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.