• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7711 users

Power Rank 08/11/2011 - Page 18

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 10 2011 11:41 GMT
#341
The lack of PR on the right side has totally ruined my TL browsing ruitine. I pretty much never visit this thread anymore.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
September 10 2011 19:51 GMT
#342
Then make it part of your new routine! Just click "Posts" at the top and as long as you posted in here you'll see it.

#1 is you know who, although it's a very fragile position if it ends up that he lost to the eventual OSL champ (as in, JangBi would get much kudos).

#2 should go to winner of OSL. #3 to runner up. Hydra gets #4. Then Stats, Bisu, and ZerO to round out the top 7 (not necessarily in that order).

Last three some combination of Killer, Jaedong, Soo, Bogus, Hoejja, Sun, with the rest CBNC. Good look determining who deserves to get it. Possibly Light and Soulkey can maintain a spot too.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 23:03:36
September 10 2011 23:02 GMT
#343
I'm inclined to actually slide Hydra in behind Zero and Bisu. 2 and 3 go to OSL winner and runner up if they keep playing the way they have. If one of them totally drops the ball, or if the entire series is retarded, that positioning could change. I regard Fantasy and Jangbi ranks as a little more fragile because they haven't continually proven themselves over months and months the way the others have. Fantasy is coming off a bad slump and Jangbi was coming off an even worse slump, played well, then got eaten up by tough opponents, and is now shooting up like a star again. With both of them you get the sense that "if he brings his best today then hot damn! He will rape! ...But that's IF."

Edit: also, the rest of the ranking looks like what I was suggesting a couple weeks ago, with the only change being that Soo is definitely not top 10 worthy. CBNC okay, but not top 10.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Kalent
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada253 Posts
September 11 2011 20:23 GMT
#344
On September 10 2011 20:41 Holgerius wrote:
The lack of PR on the right side has totally ruined my TL browsing ruitine. I pretty much never visit this thread anymore.


Use the newest TL BW Userscript.. It makes the Power Rank go on the right side bar, like where it used to be.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=258527
Korean-Canadian who spends way too much time on Afreeca
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 11 2011 21:21 GMT
#345
You know, in my dream last night PR was back where it belongs. I'm not kidding either.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
September 13 2011 01:51 GMT
#346
Hmm I just have it bookmarked. Just do something like

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=253602&currentpage=last
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 13 2011 17:42 GMT
#347
Getting to PR isn't a problem for me. And truthfully, a lot of people would always come over and post stupid things without bothering to at least skim the thread, or making outrageous fanboy comments; in that respect PR won't suffer as badly.

It's the message that the TL staff is sending everybody that bothers me so much. In the eyes of TL, BW is dead. Pretty soon I think BW will be moved down the left side to below Sports & Games and the Replays section will get grouped with BW even though once upon a time there was a small but dedicated staff putting their heart and soul into that subforum. I anticipate all of this happening before the year is out. Speaking honestly, I've been somewhat disappointed by the way the forum is handled in general lately. We used to have these things called the TL Commandments, which I think most of the forum doesn't even know exists anymore. The staff got too lenient in order to encourage the growth of SC2, which some of us older BW guys the bitter old men of the forum.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 14 2011 02:48 GMT
#348
Anyone know where september PR is? T-T
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
arbiter_md
Profile Joined February 2008
Moldova1219 Posts
September 14 2011 06:06 GMT
#349
On September 14 2011 11:48 Seeker wrote:
Anyone know where september PR is? T-T


It will come after OSL finals are played.
The copyright of this post belongs solely to me. Nobody else, not teamliquid, not greetech and not even blizzard have any share of this copyright. You can copy, distribute, use in commercial purposes the content of this post or parts of it freely.
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
September 15 2011 05:30 GMT
#350
On September 14 2011 02:42 Mortality wrote:
Getting to PR isn't a problem for me. And truthfully, a lot of people would always come over and post stupid things without bothering to at least skim the thread, or making outrageous fanboy comments; in that respect PR won't suffer as badly.

It's the message that the TL staff is sending everybody that bothers me so much. In the eyes of TL, BW is dead. Pretty soon I think BW will be moved down the left side to below Sports & Games and the Replays section will get grouped with BW even though once upon a time there was a small but dedicated staff putting their heart and soul into that subforum. I anticipate all of this happening before the year is out. Speaking honestly, I've been somewhat disappointed by the way the forum is handled in general lately. We used to have these things called the TL Commandments, which I think most of the forum doesn't even know exists anymore. The staff got too lenient in order to encourage the growth of SC2, which some of us older BW guys the bitter old men of the forum.


That's exactly how I feel as well. And it hurts me a lot. It seems like BW was abandoned by TL some time ago. Moreover the quality of average post has decreased ever since SC2 was released. The latter maybe simply because average age of BW fan is higher than SC2 fan meaning that BW fans are more mature? Or maybe it's just with the larger volume there is larger number of trolls and idiots...
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 15 2011 19:58 GMT
#351
On September 15 2011 14:30 Lebesgue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 02:42 Mortality wrote:
Getting to PR isn't a problem for me. And truthfully, a lot of people would always come over and post stupid things without bothering to at least skim the thread, or making outrageous fanboy comments; in that respect PR won't suffer as badly.

It's the message that the TL staff is sending everybody that bothers me so much. In the eyes of TL, BW is dead. Pretty soon I think BW will be moved down the left side to below Sports & Games and the Replays section will get grouped with BW even though once upon a time there was a small but dedicated staff putting their heart and soul into that subforum. I anticipate all of this happening before the year is out. Speaking honestly, I've been somewhat disappointed by the way the forum is handled in general lately. We used to have these things called the TL Commandments, which I think most of the forum doesn't even know exists anymore. The staff got too lenient in order to encourage the growth of SC2, which some of us older BW guys the bitter old men of the forum.


That's exactly how I feel as well. And it hurts me a lot. It seems like BW was abandoned by TL some time ago. Moreover the quality of average post has decreased ever since SC2 was released. The latter maybe simply because average age of BW fan is higher than SC2 fan meaning that BW fans are more mature? Or maybe it's just with the larger volume there is larger number of trolls and idiots...


BW fans went through several periods of Rekrul wielding that ban hammer like a tyrant. Not saying TL was perfect back then or anything and probably a large part of the problem today is that there's just such a flood of traffic through this site, but this forum really is in need of some purging.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 15:01:05
September 17 2011 12:30 GMT
#352
Jangbi... fucking legendary. I never been so BW-happy since Jaedong won his Golden Mouse.

This game 5 will never be forgotten. Biggest comeback I have ever seen.

I am so messed up right now, just beautiful. After that two year slump of epic proportions.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 17 2011 13:04 GMT
#353
Jangbi
Writer
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#354
I am a well documented Flash fan.

Jangbi #1.
Remember Violet.
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
September 17 2011 14:24 GMT
#355
Just beautiful by Jangbi. I think I'm actually happier than I would have been if Flash had beaten him and went on to get a 4th OSL gold. I enjoy watching Flash win, but tonight I feel like I watched Brood War win.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
September 17 2011 15:03 GMT
#356
Jangbi.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
September 17 2011 15:43 GMT
#357
I guess there is nothing else to be said for number 1 lol
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 17 2011 16:12 GMT
#358
I think a PR will come soon. My own tentative ranking, not having seen all the games...

1. Jangbi - I was originally planning to leave Flash at #1 unless we had a 3-0 blowout, but Jangbi's play has honestly just been THAT impressive. My biggest hesitation about putting Jangbi this high is consistency. Up until a few months ago, Jangbi was in a slump of about 25% wins over a period of about a year. YIKES! He's really turned that around, cracking into 2200 ELO territory, winning OSL against the 2 best TvPers on the scene and demolishing a ZvP sniper 3-0. The only match he hasn't *really* proved is PvP. Which is actually his highest match by ELO right now since it was least effected by his slump. Even if Jangbi plummets next season, he proved that he was more than just the flavor of the month, and that's what is important. True power. Not just a handful of wins, not even a tournament badge. True power.
2. Flash - it feels like forever since he last played, but that's only because nothing is going on. Let's face it, had Jangbi not knocked him out in a tense 2-1 series in Ro16, Flash probably would have torn apart this OSL. Soo would have been curb-stomped even harder (if that's at all possible), Hydra would have no chance (look at their past matches) and Fantasy might have been close, but history has always favored Flash in their titanic clashes. Not only that, but where Jangbi really failed recently was the SPL playoffs, which is where Flash shined in typical Flash fashion, carrying his team to the GF stage and wiping the floor with Best twice to secure the crown.
3. Fantasy - I did not originally intend to put him this high. Going into the series with Hydra, Fantasy was on an 8 game win streak, but who had he beaten? Only one opponent was actually a serious vT opponent. Not only that, but Fantasy was coming off a pretty ugly looking slump since the SWL playoffs back in March. However, Fantasy displayed some seriously superb TvZ against Hydra and some superb TvP against Jangbi, pushing our new champion to the absolute limit. What's more is that there's no real reason to doubt Fantasy's TvT either. So for now at least it seems Fantasy is back. The question is if he will stay back or go back to trolling.
4. Zero - On my tentative ranking posted 8/31 I put Bisu ahead of Zero. The thing with Zero is that he hasn't had any opportunities to play since last PR, which is a damn shame because he's a lot of fun to watch. If you doubt this ranking, let's recap where Zero is as of the last rankings released: #2 PR, #3 ELO, #3 KeSPA. All of these rankings measure different things and all of them value Zero at the top. He is, in my opinion, the best Zerg player in the world right now.
5. Bisu - As I said, I originally put Bisu above Zero. But after some internal deliberation I am not satisfied. The problem with where to rank Bisu is that he's been dominating for months and months, but who has he played? What has he accomplished? Nobody and nothing. Compared to Flash who has been tested numerous times, compared to Zero who carried his team on his back in the playoffs, compared to Jangbi who squared down two of the best TvPers in history to claim the throne... how does Bisu REALLY look? I would have loved to see a Bisu vs Flash ace match instead of Best vs Flash if for no other reason than to answer this.
6. Hydra - Oooooh boy, Fantasy really wiped the floor with him. But while Hydra's game play looked sloppy in some parts, it looked fantastic in others and ZvT is his worst match. Had Hydra beaten Fantasy, I honestly believe that we would have seen Hydra crowned for the second time this year. That's how small the gap is between #1 and #6 right now.
7. Stats - As I said previously, his role in crowning KT cannot be overlooked. Without him they wouldn't have even made the finals, let alone win it.
8. Jaedong - Hard to believe that the Dong is this low. But don't take that to mean that he's fallen out of the title picture. His star is waning, but he's still S-class. The fact that S-class sits only at #8 should be a good indicator of just how crowded it's gotten at the top. As for what JD needs to work on, no question its ZvZ. His ZvP is still very strong and his ZvT seems impenetrable. His ZvZ has now held him back from advancing in the past 4 Starleagues.
9. Hoejja - for what he did in the GF
10. Sun, Bogus or Light

CBNC: whoever doesn't make #10 + Killer, maybe + Soo, maybe + Horang2
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 18 2011 00:08 GMT
#359
Screw Flash, Jangbang #1. ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
September 18 2011 03:09 GMT
#360
I've never been a huge Jangbi fan—in fact, at the beginning of his first ascendency, I despised him. For some strange reason, I'm nothing but happy about his OSL win.

facts:
Jangbi appeared on the PR in 2007 for the first time
Jangbi was #1 in PR in January, 2009
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.