• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:04
CEST 04:04
KST 11:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6877 users

Power Rank 02/01/2011 - Page 4

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
February 01 2011 14:02 GMT
#61
I don't understand how Bisu and Flash can be so far apart. They had similar records (I would personally take the 15-2 over 12-1 but whatever) and they both looked unstoppable (tell me in which game during his 11 game win streak he looked bad in) Flash did beat Bisu head to head, so I'm guess its fine that Flash is ahead, but is the difference between the two really big enough to fit two people in between? I would have been ok with fantasy one, and I would have been ok with fantasy 3, but separating Bisu and Flash is wrong. Your argument about Bisu "pubstomping" might have been more convincing if you didn't attribute that as a positive thing in Flash's section (pubstomping=roflstomping)

I just reread the flash right up. If you replace every "flash" with "Bisu" and replace "no all kills" with "3 all kills" (and eliminate the second to last paragraph that gets very specific about who he beat) they you could just slap Bisu's picture over flash's with the exact same logic,

Stork is far too high. I don't care if you had a revere all kill (rather small compared to 3) when you lose six games in a row, you do not deserve top 3. Stork doesn't have the "hot" and he doesn't have the "achievement" (unless you want to count a semifinal win over modesty but, c'mon, modesty?)

Flash
Bisu
Fantasy
Jaedong
Stork
the rest
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
February 01 2011 14:08 GMT
#62
Fine, this works.
Hopefully we'll get another PR that will make flamewheel cry for March.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 14:17:22
February 01 2011 14:16 GMT
#63
hackle...

Remember when he said Bisu is really 1.4?...

The top 5 are all virtually equal. There is only 1 degree of separation between each player.

Why should Bisu be ranked above a player who beat him 3 times that month, and has a comparable WL record (10-1 compared to Bisu's 15-2)?

Flash #1 is the bone thrown to near-perfect WL play (Flash, Stork, Bisu, JD can all claim this throne, but Flash got it). Fantasy #2 is the bone thrown to OSL dominance. He wrecked Stork. Meanwhile, Stork #3 edges out Bisu because of last minute redemption. If Bisu beat Stork in the WL on the 31st and/or Stork lost to Fantasy, Bisu would be #3 and Stork #4-5. But Stork showed that he can rebound from 3-6 in Bo5's in the month back to where he was at the start of the month.

Summary:

Bisu lost to Flash once, and Stork 3 times. All have similar WL records, so Bisu takes last because of head-to-head losses. Fantasy is simply a bone thrown to winning the freaking OSL 3-0. Bisu is really rank 1.4
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 14:21:38
February 01 2011 14:17 GMT
#64
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 01 2011 23:02 hacklebeast wrote:
I don't understand how Bisu and Flash can be so far apart. They had similar records (I would personally take the 15-2 over 12-1 but whatever) and they both looked unstoppable (tell me in which game during his 11 game win streak he looked bad in) Flash did beat Bisu head to head, so I'm guess its fine that Flash is ahead, but is the difference between the two really big enough to fit two people in between? I would have been ok with fantasy one, and I would have been ok with fantasy 3, but separating Bisu and Flash is wrong. Your argument about Bisu "pubstomping" might have been more convincing if you didn't attribute that as a positive thing in Flash's section (pubstomping=roflstomping)

I just reread the flash right up. If you replace every "flash" with "Bisu" and replace "no all kills" with "3 all kills" (and eliminate the second to last paragraph that gets very specific about who he beat) they you could just slap Bisu's picture over flash's with the exact same logic,

Stork is far too high. I don't care if you had a revere all kill (rather small compared to 3) when you lose six games in a row, you do not deserve top 3. Stork doesn't have the "hot" and he doesn't have the "achievement" (unless you want to count a semifinal win over modesty but, c'mon, modesty?)

Flash
Bisu
Fantasy
Jaedong
Stork
the rest



Flash > Bisu 1-0 (WL)
Stork > Bisu 3-0 (MSL + WL )
Bisu 15-2 WL
Flash 12-1 WL
Stork 10-1 WL

How the hell did you manage to put Bisu infront of Stork then. And dont tell oh oh he lost 0-6 in SL but hey Bisu havent been more than RO16 (or havent been present at all ) in SL for whole year or more.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
February 01 2011 14:19 GMT
#65
I think it has now been 4 seasons aka 1.33 years (4 MSL+ 4 OSL) where Bisu has failed in a Ro16 or Ro36/32. And the Ro16's were the minority.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
agarangu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile274 Posts
February 01 2011 14:36 GMT
#66
Awesome PR!
Althought I would have put Stork on 2nd place and Fantasy on 3rd place, due to the incredibly fast recovery from his lost. I mean, he lost 0-3 to Fantasy in the OSL final, and the next day he still managed to defeat Fantasy and Bisu. That's an insanely strong state of mind.
Great writing, thanks!
What's a quote anyway?
Nukid
Profile Joined April 2010
United States240 Posts
February 01 2011 14:45 GMT
#67
This is indeed a very hard month for the PR, the top 5 are so close. At first, I didn't agree with the placement but after reading your explanation, you convinced me. Good job with the PR flamewheel.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 15:00:55
February 01 2011 14:52 GMT
#68
Fantasy at 2 and Bisu at 4 seems odd, but I can live with it. I guess there was no good way to sort Bisu/Stork/Fantasy between themselves. Violet's placement is good as well.

GJ flamewheel
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
February 01 2011 14:56 GMT
#69
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
February 01 2011 15:25 GMT
#70
When I saw All Kill Light shake his head near the end of his match against Flash. I have no doubt that Flash is no.1

Light was prepared as a Flash sniper, yet he got roll over.
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 15:28:19
February 01 2011 15:27 GMT
#71
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.


Woohh.. this is a strong statement. Or did I misread this?
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
February 01 2011 15:30 GMT
#72
On February 02 2011 00:25 mmdmmd wrote:
When I saw All Kill Light shake his head near the end of his match against Flash. I have no doubt that Flash is no.1

Light was prepared as a Flash sniper, yet he got roll over.


Considering how often Light gets rolled over, I wouldn't make too much of it.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
February 01 2011 15:40 GMT
#73
On February 02 2011 00:27 mmdmmd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.

Woohh.. this is a strong statement. Or did I misread this?


Go back and read what Milkis said about Flamewheel's work last power rank. I think there is some strong..... difference of opinions between these two.
Sucker for nostalgia
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
February 01 2011 15:46 GMT
#74
On February 02 2011 00:40 DropBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 00:27 mmdmmd wrote:
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.

Woohh.. this is a strong statement. Or did I misread this?


Go back and read what Milkis said about Flamewheel's work last power rank. I think there is some strong..... difference of opinions between these two.


I see... Thanks for the link.
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
February 01 2011 15:49 GMT
#75
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.


If he didn't, he could just as well have been accused of winging it and not thinking it through properly. You can't please everyone, ever.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 16:11:17
February 01 2011 16:10 GMT
#76
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.


Given this month's performances from Bisu-fantasy-Flash-Hydra-Jaedong-Stork, anybody who claimed more than about 70% certainty about "what they were doing" on this PR is either a liar or extremely overconfident.

So much for defense, now for criticism:

I would have preferred to put Jaedong over Bisu. This is largely my late-in-starleague performance bias speaking, with a good boost from the series against Snow. Now a player of Jaedong's caliber shouldn't have so much trouble with even a solid A-class like Snow... but nobody - Bisu included - played better PvZ this month than Snow did that series, certainly not for five straight games.

(Seeing Bisu go on to lose to Hydra last night only reinforces this conviction. But the two of them make sense at 4/5 one way or the other - not a major complain.)

I'm also not sure about ZerO. The way you defended fantasy's rank sort of requires it, I get that. And the win over Flash kind of earned it, I get that. But that 3-5 proleague record is really, really ugly, and I don't like his chances to advance against a less inconsistent player in great. He belongs on the PR, but he should have snuck in at 9 or 10.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 16:19:46
February 01 2011 16:13 GMT
#77
On February 01 2011 23:16 Crisium wrote:
hackle...

Remember when he said Bisu is really 1.4?...

The top 5 are all virtually equal. There is only 1 degree of separation between each player.

Why should Bisu be ranked above a player who beat him 3 times that month, and has a comparable WL record (10-1 compared to Bisu's 15-2)?

Flash #1 is the bone thrown to near-perfect WL play (Flash, Stork, Bisu, JD can all claim this throne, but Flash got it). Fantasy #2 is the bone thrown to OSL dominance. He wrecked Stork. Meanwhile, Stork #3 edges out Bisu because of last minute redemption. If Bisu beat Stork in the WL on the 31st and/or Stork lost to Fantasy, Bisu would be #3 and Stork #4-5. But Stork showed that he can rebound from 3-6 in Bo5's in the month back to where he was at the start of the month.

Summary:

Bisu lost to Flash once, and Stork 3 times. All have similar WL records, so Bisu takes last because of head-to-head losses. Fantasy is simply a bone thrown to winning the freaking OSL 3-0. Bisu is really rank 1.4


Bisu should be ranked over a player he lost 3 times to for the same reason stork should be ranked over a player he lost three times to (zero); because of the vast discrepancy in the quality of the other games. Somehow, you have managed to argue that losing six games actually helps stork, because it shows he can "rebound" Those 6 losses are huge, and you dismiss them because he managed to win a few games afterwards? Then why isn’t Reach on here? He broke an 11 game losing streak, must mean he will win the next OSL .

I understand that lots of people had near perfect PL records, and I’m fine with Flash being on top, but you structure your argument as if the OSL winner MUST be at least 2nd. If Bisu and Flash are near equals, then they should be placed that way

Having the top 5 be 1.0-1.4 is a weak way of saying “I’m not good at making decisions, so I won’t” If we assign everyone “effectively” the same rank, than what’s the point of having a PR? I am going to chose to ignore that as long as there is a 1-10 on the right side of my browser, and if flamewheel doesn’t want to make decisions, than he shouldn’t be writing PR.
+ Show Spoiler +
I’m being an ass at this point, and I apologize to flamewheel. I keep rereading this, but I can’t figure out a way to say it nicer. I'm sorry .


edit: Jaedong is closer to Bisu than Stork is, but still should be under, I don't know why almost losing a series to a player with historically bad PvZ helps your case. That’s not to mention the lacking WL record, (15-2 compared to 10-2) slumping team, and general lack of competition (who has jaedong played? Baby i guess, but its a list filled with mediocrity).
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
February 01 2011 16:30 GMT
#78
This PR was really kind of interesting. The first five places could be ordered almost in any order and you could find good arguments to support that decision. Because of that I was waiting more for the writeup than the actual order. And it didn't dissappoint, nice job flamewheel.

Yeah and the fact that my favourite player is where he belongs again is a nice bonus, hehe.
renzy
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada781 Posts
February 01 2011 16:40 GMT
#79
Why. Isn't. Violet. The. First. Place. Of. PR. DAMMIT!! Show some support!! On the other hand...Bisu =[
Bisu is the man
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
February 01 2011 17:03 GMT
#80
On February 01 2011 23:56 Milkis wrote:
If you have to write this much defending the rankings you probably had no idea what you were doing.

KK, I have an idea of what I'm doing, gonna give it a try.
1.Flash
Obv best player in the world, just watch him play.
2.Jaedong
Doesn't suck as much as those below him. Plus Snow's PvZ has drastically improved so I will count his Bo5 win has a pretty positive feat.
3.Stork
He can't play Bo5, but at least he's pretty good out of them.
4.Bisu
Can't win to anyone decent, unfortunately he does not have to very often, so I can't place him lower (PLEASE LOSE)
5.Fanta
He's won the OSL, but have you seen his serie vs Calm ?
6.Hydra
He's improving, impressive record and potential.
7.Zero
Hit and miss, but he can play well.
8.Snow
Improving everywhere. Despite an average record, his play his truly impressive.
9.Bogus
Good record, nice TvP, really improved, hope it's not a fluke. But his play look really solid.
10.Baby
I like him lol.
Better ? Can I have the job ?
(I'm pretty close to the second power rank ever funnily enough)
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings91
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 152
RuFF_SC2 145
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14149
Rain 2260
Artosis 602
NaDa 30
Bale 20
League of Legends
Doublelift3778
Counter-Strike
taco 387
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Mew2King126
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor969
Other Games
summit1g8699
Day[9].tv698
JimRising 621
C9.Mang0372
PiGStarcraft327
ArmadaUGS60
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV279
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv698
• Scarra669
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10h 57m
OSC
19h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 7h
Online Event
1d 8h
FEL
1d 13h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.