• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8701 users

Power Rank 02/01/2011

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 07:11:27
February 01 2011 06:58 GMT
#1
Close but no Cigar

(Z)great
great's done very well in the PDPop MSL, and in some weird twist of irony will make the finals since he's playing against ZerO... Despite this, I'm not very impressed at all by great, partly because of the silliness of the series between him and Kal and partly because of his pretty abysmal Winner's League play. He's 1-4, and his single win is to Calm. While he has the results in the individual leagues, his team contribution is low. Violet and Bogus aren't in any leagues but have shown very solid play, so that's why I think they should be ranked over great.

(T)Sea
Sea's got a lot of wins in Winner's League, but he's been unable to defeat any of his better opponents--his best wins are over BeSt (who isn't playing well recently) and Snow. Furthermore, since he's not in a league great beat him in that respect.

Shoutouts

(P)Tyson, (T)Light, (T)BaBy, (P)Stats
The All-Kill is the best thing one can do for one's team in Winner's League. Though you guys haven't really played too impressively outside of your all-kill, it's still something to pat yourselves on the back for.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 01 2011 06:58 GMT
#2
Please don't kill me ~_~
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
lastmotion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
368 Posts
February 01 2011 07:00 GMT
#3
I would rank Bisu at #2 or #3 but other than that, its good =)
ZavikZyke
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 07:12:13
February 01 2011 07:06 GMT
#4
Great PR this month imo.
You forgot to mention Snow though.. i think he should deserve a little credit :/

And I pray for your soul for the incoming hate. GG no re
Hoejja is Bonjwa
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 01 2011 07:07 GMT
#5
On February 01 2011 16:06 ZavikZyke wrote:
Great PR this imo.
You forgot to mention Snow though.. i think he should deserve a little credit :/

And I pray for your soul for the incoming hate. GG no re

HOLY CRAP HOW DID I FORGET SNOW

Editing this -__-
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
February 01 2011 07:08 GMT
#6
Great rank. You've got the wrong Baby linked in CBNC, though.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
February 01 2011 07:13 GMT
#7
Bravely done! I think you've given reasonable and articulate explanations for every spot, considering how difficult it was this month to separate people.
The only one I disagree with is the placement of Fantasy, I think he should be below Bisu but your analogy has almost convinced me that you are right

Incidentally Baby is TLPDised as the wrong Baby
Sucker for nostalgia
RookM
Profile Joined August 2010
United States45 Posts
February 01 2011 07:14 GMT
#8
The top 5 definitely isn't in the order I'd put it. But it's still something I'm willing to accept; I'm just excited to see so many players stepping up to play absolutely beautiful Starcraft.

I think that people are- across the board- selling Jaedong short. I scanned through the PR idly while waiting for the new one. And seriously the number of times the PR writers and public consensus states that Jaedong's "edge" is gone is absolutely staggering. I think that based on the number of times people have said that Jaedong's "spark" is missing leads to one thing.

He's not going anywhere. This has happened before multiple times throughout the years, and he's always bounced back to set a new standard for himself. I can't wait to see it happen again.

Good PR, flamewheel . Everything is edible, and more importantly it is all explained well. Already can't wait for the next one.
Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which are there. -Richard Feynman
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 01 2011 07:15 GMT
#9
On February 01 2011 16:14 RookM wrote:
The top 5 definitely isn't in the order I'd put it. But it's still something I'm willing to accept; I'm just excited to see so many players stepping up to play absolutely beautiful Starcraft.

I think that people are- across the board- selling Jaedong short. I scanned through the PR idly while waiting for the new one. And seriously the number of times the PR writers and public consensus states that Jaedong's "edge" is gone is absolutely staggering. I think that based on the number of times people have said that Jaedong's "spark" is missing leads to one thing.

He's not going anywhere. This has happened before multiple times throughout the years, and he's always bounced back to set a new standard for himself. I can't wait to see it happen again.

Good PR, flamewheel . Everything is edible, and more importantly it is all explained well. Already can't wait for the next one.

Thanks^^
I don't think Jaedong is going anywhere (I would certainly hope not since he's my favorite player) but I'm just trying to capture the moment, you know?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
February 01 2011 07:20 GMT
#10
Great PR! I had slightly different opinions on the top 5 but I fully agree with your reasoning.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
RookM
Profile Joined August 2010
United States45 Posts
February 01 2011 07:22 GMT
#11
On February 01 2011 16:15 flamewheel wrote:
Thanks^^
I don't think Jaedong is going anywhere (I would certainly hope not since he's my favorite player) but I'm just trying to capture the moment, you know?


Absolutely. I'm willing to accept that Jaedong is not playing the best Starcraft of his life at the moment. And to me the series against Snow reaffirmed my hope that Jaedong would bounce back. Snow played superbly. But in the last game Jaedong just... refused to lose. I had counted him out when, within one minute (it seemed; time was at a standstill) he completely turned the game on its head through sheer force of will.

And everyone else is playing such amazing Starcraft. Jaedong is still getting the results, but his games aren't as pretty. At the moment I definitely see that perspective, even if it's not my personal one.

Can't wait for Hydra v Jaedong.
Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which are there. -Richard Feynman
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
February 01 2011 07:50 GMT
#12
It saddens me to see two Terrans at the top. But any ordering of the top five could've held, depending on your fanboyism or how you value different characteristics...

Flash Pros: Top WL record, won head-to-head matches with Bisu and Stork, dominating previous year
Flash Cons: Worst league eliminations of TBLS (dropped out to scrubs + Kal), plays the most successful race
Flash Mitigators: Eliminations were a while ago, and close together in time; maybe a 'fluke'.

Bisu Pros: Top WL record, triple back-to-back all-kills, plays the least successful race
Bisu Cons: Early league elimination, lost most head-to-head matches
Bisu Mitigators: Eliminated at the hands of strong players

Fantasy Pros: Won the fucking OSL 3-0 against the best PvT'er of all time
Fantasy Cons: Comparatively weak Winner's League record, fucking terrible Bo5 against Calm, plays the most successful race
Fantasy Mitigators: Had to prep for his Starleague, didn't get to play much WL except against players that defeated Bisu.

Stork Pros: Top WL record, OSL silver + MSL seed, plays the least successful race, most longevity of any relevant modern player
Stork Cons: Lost 0-3 in two back-to-back Bo5s
Stork Mitigators: Had to play two back-to-back Bo5s against extremely good ZvP/TvP players who could dedicate their time primarily to those series; can also be argued as a fluke due to close proximity of losses and successful WL play following those losses.

Jaedong Pros: Good WL record, favored to win MSL, dominating previous year (I still blame T>>Z maps for Flash's crowning as official Bonjwa over Jaedong)
Jaedong Cons: Terrible loss to Violet, looking 'shaky' in ZvP, lost head-to-head matches


I would've favored Stork-->Jaedong-->Bisu-->Fantasy-->Flash because that's approximately my order of player preference, but... yeah.
My strategy is to fork people.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
February 01 2011 07:52 GMT
#13
Meh, stats did a relieable amount of 2 kills but I guess it's not top 10 worthy.

Other than that I agree by the criteria you use (especially 1-5, 6-10 seems a bit more randomly placed)
In the woods, there lurks..
Fushin
Profile Joined June 2010
France193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 07:54:52
February 01 2011 07:54 GMT
#14
Meh that's ok for me. Though Flash records lack SL action, he IS the scarrier guy out there. Fanta should be above Stork because of the OSL. And Stork should be above JD and Bisu because of SL and better PL performance (yes he has less wins that Bisu, but he only lost once, while Bisu lost twice, hence putting Khan above SKT1 this round).

So yeah, pretty good.
Mumei
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States270 Posts
February 01 2011 07:56 GMT
#15
Hooray, new Power Ranking. And so timely, too.
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1769 Posts
February 01 2011 08:02 GMT
#16
i would have never put flash rank#1, he's been doing good in PL, but that's it, he has nothing else to manage, on the other side even if stork badly finish is osl and msl he was very efficient in PL, Jaedong is probably gonna win an other MSL being something like 70% of his current level and he's still doing good in PL, his zvz is as the usual, indestructible. If you follow the performances of Jaedong's opponent, even if they are doing better this season, it's still not matching Jaedong.

#1 Jaedong
#2 Stork
#3 Fantasy


No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
February 01 2011 08:03 GMT
#17
On February 01 2011 16:00 lastmotion wrote:
its good =)

On February 01 2011 16:06 ZavikZyke wrote:
Great PR this month imo.

On February 01 2011 16:08 nodule wrote:
Great rank.

On February 01 2011 16:13 DropBear wrote:
Bravely done! I think you've given reasonable and articulate explanations for every spot, considering how difficult it was this month to separate people.

On February 01 2011 16:14 RookM wrote:
Good PR, flamewheel . Everything is edible, and more importantly it is all explained well. Already can't wait for the next one.

On February 01 2011 16:20 writer22816 wrote:
Great PR! I had slightly different opinions on the top 5 but I fully agree with your reasoning.

What is this? Flamewheel, you had such an easy time this month, and this is what you came up with? It's all wrong, and I, for one, feel personally offended by it. How could you even think that putting him there was a good idea? The only reason he even won any games is because of map and racial imbalances. In fact, he didn't even win any games, it was more like his opponents lost them. Your bias is so transparent, what a joke. I bet the other fanboys will just eat it up.

These other wusses may not call you out on it, but I will see to it that you will rue this ranking, heretic. Mark my words.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
Oozo
Profile Joined December 2009
Finland432 Posts
February 01 2011 08:03 GMT
#18
Amazing PR, It is exactly same as I would put it.

On February 01 2011 15:58 flamewheel wrote:
Please don't kill me ~_~


And who would do that? Not in TL surely...
SKT for OSL!
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 01 2011 08:06 GMT
#19
Look at Flash at #1 and VIOLET!!!

I can finally approve Flamewheel's PR.

Now I just need to read the whole thing and get pissed.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
February 01 2011 08:10 GMT
#20
I would have placed Jaedong higher, and Fantasy lower, cause seriously, the only thing he has done well was his serie against Stork (great play against a psychologically weakened Stork unable to adapt).
His play against Clam should score negative points, I still can't forgive him for that.
I'd have gone with Jaedong/Flash Stork Bisu Fanta I guess.
Can't really blame you though^^
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15175
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4244
Khaldor1767
Liquid`Hasu813
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0161
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 39m
Stellar Fest
16h 39m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.