• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10388 users

Power Rank 02/01/2011 - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 01 2011 08:17 GMT
#21
On February 01 2011 17:10 corumjhaelen wrote:
I would have placed Jaedong higher, and Fantasy lower, cause seriously, the only thing he has done well was his serie against Stork (great play against a psychologically weakened Stork unable to adapt).
His play against Clam should score negative points, I still can't forgive him for that.
I'd have gone with Jaedong/Flash Stork Bisu Fanta I guess.
Can't really blame you though^^

Ahh I wish Ver were here. I actually forgot to quote Ver, but Ver really wanted me to put Fantasy at rank 1 before the SKT-KHAN match.

(5:47:04 AM) Ver uh
(5:47:07 AM) Ver fantasy #1 obviously

Just throwin' the name out there^^
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
February 01 2011 08:19 GMT
#22
I guess StylishVOD-s and Holgerius must feel as if their lobbying paid off. :D
+ Show Spoiler +
I kid, I kid, I agree with the placing.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
February 01 2011 08:22 GMT
#23
i feel like JD should be higher but then im pretty used to JD getting under-ranked in the PR lol

its hard to argue the top 5 very well, but it just feels weird having someone knocked out in the Ro32 and Ro16 go back to #1 so soon.
Free Palestine
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
February 01 2011 08:28 GMT
#24
On February 01 2011 17:17 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 17:10 corumjhaelen wrote:
I would have placed Jaedong higher, and Fantasy lower, cause seriously, the only thing he has done well was his serie against Stork (great play against a psychologically weakened Stork unable to adapt).
His play against Clam should score negative points, I still can't forgive him for that.
I'd have gone with Jaedong/Flash Stork Bisu Fanta I guess.
Can't really blame you though^^

Ahh I wish Ver were here. I actually forgot to quote Ver, but Ver really wanted me to put Fantasy at rank 1 before the SKT-KHAN match.

Show nested quote +
(5:47:04 AM) Ver uh
(5:47:07 AM) Ver fantasy #1 obviously

Just throwin' the name out there^^

Ok, ok, I completely agree with Fanta placement then :p
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Assymptotic
Profile Joined February 2009
United States552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 08:31:18
February 01 2011 08:29 GMT
#25
As a bigger Bisu fan than a Stork fan, I'm pleased with your placement of the two. I agree completely with your justifications.
So close, and yet so far
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
February 01 2011 08:35 GMT
#26
Everyone knew that no matter what, few would fully agree with the rank. Because of that, you are probably going to get lot less hate than you otherwise would by just offsetting one popular player by a single spot most other moths, even from people who do not agree with the top 5 at all. So that's cool.

Anyway, good PR. I feel Jaedong is underestimated, but it's still fully understandable that he is where he is. Huge props for realizing Stork is still better than Bisu.
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
February 01 2011 08:41 GMT
#27
Was a difficult time this month, but i think i can live with it.
Personally i wanted bisu higher, but flash #1 is acceptable (although i don't like flash -_-)
He just has the biggest aura, he's the favorite against everyone.
Fantasy played a spectacular OSL final, other than that, he didn't do much.
Still, he won the OSL in a 3-0 fashion against the best TvPer, justified.

Stork over Bisu, wellllllllllll, if you compare head to head, storks higher, but overall
"power" display right now, bisu seems hotter.

Jaedong 5 and hydra 6 i agree with.

Good PR after such a month, where many players showed us amazing starcraft.
wat
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
February 01 2011 08:43 GMT
#28
On February 01 2011 17:41 Elefanto wrote:
Was a difficult time this month, but i think i can live with it.
Personally i wanted bisu higher, but flash #1 is acceptable (although i don't like flash -_-)
He just has the biggest aura, he's the favorite against everyone.
Fantasy played a spectacular OSL final, other than that, he didn't do much.
Still, he won the OSL in a 3-0 fashion against the best TvPer, justified.

Stork over Bisu, wellllllllllll, if you compare head to head, storks higher, but overall
"power" display right now, bisu seems hotter.

Jaedong 5 and hydra 6 i agree with.

Good PR after such a month, where many players showed us amazing starcraft.

How so? =/ Similiar WL record and a heavily slanted head to head record in favor of Stork..
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
February 01 2011 08:47 GMT
#29
I agree with most of this. I think Fantasy is a little high, I mean he played well against Stork and clenched the OSL but I don't think he's the second best player on Brood War. Honestly, I was expecting Fantasy to be #5 this week...

Still, great PR and as a Bisu fanboy I'm just glad that he's still staying pretty consistent.
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
February 01 2011 08:47 GMT
#30
Woohoo! Power Rank out even before Kespa rank!
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
February 01 2011 09:08 GMT
#31
On February 01 2011 17:43 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 17:41 Elefanto wrote:
Was a difficult time this month, but i think i can live with it.
Personally i wanted bisu higher, but flash #1 is acceptable (although i don't like flash -_-)
He just has the biggest aura, he's the favorite against everyone.
Fantasy played a spectacular OSL final, other than that, he didn't do much.
Still, he won the OSL in a 3-0 fashion against the best TvPer, justified.

Stork over Bisu, wellllllllllll, if you compare head to head, storks higher, but overall
"power" display right now, bisu seems hotter.

Jaedong 5 and hydra 6 i agree with.

Good PR after such a month, where many players showed us amazing starcraft.

How so? =/ Similiar WL record and a heavily slanted head to head record in favor of Stork..

Some folks are penalizing Stork for losing 0-3 in two Bo5s instead of rewarding him for reaching those Bo5s. I agree that isn't fair.
My strategy is to fork people.
Evs
Profile Joined December 2008
Philippines330 Posts
February 01 2011 09:14 GMT
#32
Not a fan of how the quantifier for ranking changed (hotness > achievements) just so Flash comes up ahead of Fantasy this month.

On the term "hotness"
Flash is pretty hot in WL because he has an amazing winning record right now. On the other hand
no player managed to knock out Fantasy in an entire league (OSL). Isn't that considered being "hot" in its own right? Isn't a string of victories in BoX's equally valuable to a string of BO1? Heck I'd say Fantasy's run is more valuable since it resulted in an actual gold medal.

Why is being hot in one league suddenly favored over the other? Sorry if I question you so much on this but I have a feeling that had it been any of the TaekBang LeeSang who had won a league then they wouldn't have been ranked under a player who only has proleague wins to show. (Even if they did show average WL performance)
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 09:18:11
February 01 2011 09:17 GMT
#33
Wow a Power Rank I can agree with completely....! Well done!
what happened, happened...
SirKibbleX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States479 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 09:36:56
February 01 2011 09:20 GMT
#34
I guess my personal power rank did better than expected!

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=189057

Take that, haters. But seriously thouoh, flame, your writeups are always so impressive and your defense of your claims always sound! Great job!
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
February 01 2011 09:25 GMT
#35
On February 01 2011 18:14 Evs wrote:
Why is being hot in one league suddenly favored over the other? Sorry if I question you so much on this but I have a feeling that had it been any of the TaekBang LeeSang who had won a league then they wouldn't have been ranked under a player who only has proleague wins to show. (Even if they did show average WL performance)


Maybe not. But that's because they didn't suck last month. Jumping from not being on the PR to #2 is almost unprecedented, and its not the first time someone who won a starleague isn't #1 either. Fantasy's achievement in the OSL is very well represented on this PR imo.
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
February 01 2011 09:27 GMT
#36
First up, props for giving ZerO a reasonably high spot, loved his play this month (in his good games). He deserves some recognition for his great series against Stork and for taking down Flash.

Secondly, I feel like Jaedong has been getting criticised for "losing his edge" almost since the time he first burst onto the scene, so I'm not too worried. He always has some great stretches and then some merely good ones (and only very rarely bad).

I don't think that the quality of opponents that Flash faced this month was much higher than Bisu on the whole, but that's always debatable. I think people are discounting his Zerg opponents entirely although he won against players with traditionally very strong ZvP, even if their other match-ups aren't so strong (Calm, Shine, Hero). Overall I think their records are very similar and I would have liked to see them together on the rank (either Flash/Bisu or Bisu/Flash, it's too close to call). Placing Flash first based on his WL play and then having Bisu all the way in 4th place seems really odd to me. Seeing them 1st and 2nd would have been okay, or seeing both further down would be fine too but whatever. I know it's a tough call.

I'm pretty happy all of the bottom 5 spots, looks spot on (better than last month, where Hogil should never have had a place in my opinion).
Creator of LoLTool.
Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
February 01 2011 09:38 GMT
#37
Very nice PR, good arguments too
Hope you're here to stay for a long time, flamewheel!
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
February 01 2011 09:39 GMT
#38
So for this month, Fantasy is the kid in the class that doesn't do so well on these pop quizzes, but managed to study and study and study to ace the test. As such, what would his grade be? I wish I knew--if percentages were easy to assign, this Power Rank would be so much easier to write.


Actually, fantasy's win rate in team leagues went from 59% to 65% when matchups started getting assigned the day of the match (and thus he was no longer able to prepare for them).
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
February 01 2011 09:57 GMT
#39
Sweet rank, thanks flamewheel
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 11:10:12
February 01 2011 11:00 GMT
#40
Good morning. Ah great the new PR is here!
I like it, and I think it's fairly accurate to the situation.
One thing I'd change is dropping fantasy abit more. He came from not even CBNC and most likely will drop several spots again next rank, he just doesn't seem to fit the #2 PR profile in terms of power.

Flash is the favourite to win over anyone, even stork, and he did show in january that he is still the same Flash he was 2010.
So even though you might fault him for his lack of achievements you cannot really be that dissapointed to see him at first spot.

As is shown from todays WL games(and the skt1 vs khan), bisu have trouble going against the other top players on PR and fantasy's PR will most likely drophard next month.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft460
Nina 142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13650
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
febbydoto78
League of Legends
Doublelift4399
Other Games
summit1g8803
FrodaN2990
JimRising 527
KnowMe204
ViBE121
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King83
Trikslyr23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1301
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 56m
INu's Battles
11h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 56m
Replay Cast
22h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.