• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:44
CEST 06:44
KST 13:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8122 users

Will you pay for GOM's GSL stream? - Page 6

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
September 01 2010 23:01 GMT
#101
Voted maybe. I think I'll buy a day pass for IdrA's first match and, if the quality is good and the stream reliable, I will consider buying a VOD pass.
✌
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
September 01 2010 23:01 GMT
#102
I'd pay to attend a live event. If I had more money, I might pay for a High Quality stream if there's also a Low Quality alternative available.

For this? No.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:56:24
September 01 2010 23:09 GMT
#103
On September 02 2010 06:06 etheovermind wrote:
hey its not that big of a deal. its like 20 dollars for a live stream. im just happy that this event is happening. you guys are really so cheap you wouldnt pay 20 dollars for the biggest sc2 event ever??!!?
I'm way cheaper. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for this, even if I was throwing them away anyway, and they weren't mine, and were fake. Kind regards. [: I'm more inclined to pay $50 for watching the OSL final.
And that comes from a SC2 fan, not BW fan, so I really wonder who will pay, at all.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
YunhOLee
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Canada2470 Posts
September 01 2010 23:10 GMT
#104
i'm broke, there's no way i'll be paying for this sorry
Live it, love it, play it, kill it. JulyZerg and IPXZerg greatest TL.net fan
Chimpalimp
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1135 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:13:39
September 01 2010 23:12 GMT
#105
This is hilarious, not only would I never dream of paying to watch some BW rejects play SC2, but I wouldn't dream of paying Gretech after what they are doing to the Korean BroodWar scene.

Honestly why would you pay to watch it? There is a new SC2 tourney like every week.
I like money. You like money too? We should hang out.
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
September 01 2010 23:16 GMT
#106
1) It's way too much
2) Loathe GOM Player
3) Reservations about giving my money to this organisation

I still said, 'Maybe.' I won't rule it out. Especially if GOM wasn't required for high quality, I would be much more willing to consider it.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:18:37
September 01 2010 23:18 GMT
#107
If I have the money yes. But it should be like $49.99 a YEAR or something like that. Even $9.99 a month or $19.99 per league is better. Watching a cycling grand tour (i.e. Tour de France, 3 weeks with something every day except two) is usually about $14.99 or so for the whole race live + on demand.

I don't know what marketing team determined these prices. I honestly feel they'd have higher profits with lower ones.

Edit: I counted my position as "maybe."
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
September 01 2010 23:21 GMT
#108
Wow, they really fucked this one up. You'll likely pay for the stream and still have to see advertisements. After the advertisers realize how few people watched it (since few are willing to pay) they will face trouble with advertising in the next GSL, even if it is free to watch.

They have just destroyed themselves and they don't even realize it. GomTV simultaneously destroyed the proleague, MSL, and Korean SC2?
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Gogleion
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States534 Posts
September 01 2010 23:24 GMT
#109
No. If GOM gets a bunch of people to succeed, other leagues might consider it. On the contrary, if people don't pay, then it would set a bad example for the other leagues.
EffOrt. That is all.
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
September 01 2010 23:40 GMT
#110
Not a chance.

Even if the GOM streams didn't have a tendency to just not work.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
September 01 2010 23:51 GMT
#111
As long as it works, unlike the MLG "HD" stream
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
September 01 2010 23:56 GMT
#112
I'm actually surprised how many voted yes
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
September 02 2010 00:03 GMT
#113
Why would I pay to watch something online? :\
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
sage_francis
Profile Joined December 2006
France1823 Posts
September 02 2010 00:04 GMT
#114
No way. I dont pay to watch jaedong, flash etc.. Why would i pay to watch idra lol.
Plus, these guyz (pro koreans) can live decently without my money.
Mobius
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1268 Posts
September 02 2010 00:08 GMT
#115
Blizzard so money grubbing.. I voted no, and im disgusted at the many things they've done
Entusman #51
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
September 02 2010 00:11 GMT
#116
No Thank You Sirs.
LiquidDota Staff
blahman3344
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2015 Posts
September 02 2010 00:15 GMT
#117
Voted no.

Hey Gretech, if you read this, think about what I say. There is a reason why Starcraft Brood War gained fame. The games were free to watch. If you charge for the stream, don't get your hopes up about SC2 catching on as fast as brood war did.
I like haikus and / I can not lie. You other / brothers can't deny
Mobius
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1268 Posts
September 02 2010 00:18 GMT
#118
On September 02 2010 09:15 blahman3344 wrote:
Voted no.

Hey Gretech, if you read this, think about what I say. There is a reason why Starcraft Brood War gained fame. The games were free to watch. If you charge for the stream, don't get your hopes up about SC2 catching on as fast as brood war did.

lol clearly they're not reading anything we say..
Entusman #51
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
September 02 2010 00:27 GMT
#119
there are basically 2 ways of gaining money with those tourneys:
1) -the mot popular one- offer free view of the event, get a very popular rating and alot of views, show that to sponsor and get money with publicity.

2) Have such a popular event that you know people WILL pay for it, cause it's so damn good.

GSL right now have no fan base... and they want to gain money with both ways...
In my case, I am disgusted with the organization right now, and will probably not watch even a pirate version. And I'm sure i am no tthe only one.
The audience is what makes or breaks tournaments, more so if it is his first season. You try to grow a fan base first, then try to rip them off.

Besides, with the abundance of great quality starcraft2 ressources, streams, free tournaments, I really don't see how can some1 think seriously about paying.

If this is the direction Blizzard wants to take, E-sports are bound to die.
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
hfolkner
Profile Joined July 2010
Philippines16 Posts
September 02 2010 00:28 GMT
#120
No way. I can always read the battle reports or something if I'm really curious. There are a ton of other free streams. I can live without it, plus it will eventually find its way into the free domain someday.

if anything like "stream cancelled because bnet 0.00002 is down" happens, well, lol. Or something like commentating the lag screen.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1417
910 86
NotJumperer 67
Bale 42
Hyun 19
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
febbydoto8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7794
Coldzera 740
JimRising 636
hungrybox528
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0331
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1070
• Rush961
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 17m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.