• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:59
CEST 23:59
KST 06:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8483 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 26

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 66 Next
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 21 2010 06:30 GMT
#501
Ya, if JD can just crush Effort we will have 2 BoX's between them within a week. How epic is that?
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
August 21 2010 06:36 GMT
#502
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Flash deserves #1 next month unless something happens. Mostly because he has a slightly better record than JD.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
August 21 2010 06:37 GMT
#503
On August 21 2010 15:30 Holgerius wrote:
Ya, if JD can just crush Effort we will have 2 BoX's between them within a week. How epic is that?

Based off of previous finals, one of them will out-mindgame the other and crush them.

So, while it is epic, the games will probably suck.
Liquipedia
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
August 21 2010 06:43 GMT
#504
On August 21 2010 15:36 Lightwip wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Flash deserves #1 next month unless something happens. Mostly because he has a slightly better record than JD.

The only reason Flash fell down is that he looked flaky in TvTs, and now his August has been a tour de force of TvT.

That said, it's rather pointless to compare Flash and Jaedong right now, given what's yet to come this month...
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
August 21 2010 06:47 GMT
#505
On August 21 2010 15:36 Lightwip wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Flash deserves #1 next month unless something happens. Mostly because he has a slightly better record than JD.


#1 is completely up for grabs until MSL finals is over.
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
August 21 2010 06:47 GMT
#506
On August 21 2010 15:36 Lightwip wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Flash deserves #1 next month unless something happens. Mostly because he has a slightly better record than JD.


idk man the msl finals might have something to do with who gets number 1 just a hunch
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 06:51:48
August 21 2010 06:50 GMT
#507
I already posted this in the MSL Semi thread, but with much more nerdrage because I was so disappointed by Light's performance. So here a cooled down version:

I cannot believe the stupidity of JDs opponents. Every ZvP he goes for Ling runby and every ZvP Tosses are too stupid to prepare. 90% of his games JD vs. P he does it and literally ALWAYS succeeds. I don't understand the Toss logic but has to be something like: This time he wont go for it again, he already did it the last 7 ZvPs so I am safe. False logic. But as long as it works, I see no reason to criticize Jaedong for doing it. His opponents try to cut edges by going light on defense and he punishes them.

Speaking of Light: In ZvT it happens not THAT often, but still more than often enough. Why don't Terrans just build a Bunker. These two games of Light were just so disappointing.

Yes, sure, 100 minerals are not free, but on the other hand: What is the alternative? Lose everytime JD makes Lings? Yes, and it sounds not good to me, so just make the Bunker or do a better job scouting, especially on such a Terran favored map. Getting linged on the Zerg graveyard that Polaris Rhapsody is two times in a row is just beyond me.

But again, even if it was a total all-in there is no reason to blame Jaedong for it. The maps were so incredibly Terran favored and I even liquibetted Light because of them. Beating a Terran on these imbalanced maps is an incredible achievement, JD really deserves to advance and at least that ensures an epic final. I hope Flash is not too dumb to make a Bunker.

Speaking of Flash: Man he is on a roll, too. Deciding who of them will be #1 this month is pretty easy. Whoever wins Grand Final is #1, I don't think there can be an argument about that
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 21 2010 06:55 GMT
#508
Considering how JD played against Light I think Flash will win if he can just get his maphacks going. Mindgames will be JD's strongest weapon, I doubt he can take 3 completely standard games vs Flash with the current map-pool. There's probably going to be a nice mix of early aggression and eco-cheese. If Flash can read him properly he'll take it.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
August 21 2010 07:00 GMT
#509
On August 21 2010 15:50 Fenrax wrote:
I cannot believe the stupidity of JDs opponents. Every ZvP he goes for Ling runby and every ZvP Tosses are too stupid to prepare. 90% of his games JD vs. P he does it and literally ALWAYS succeeds. I don't understand the Toss logic but has to be something like: This time he wont go for it again, he already did it the last 7 ZvPs so I am safe. False logic. But as long as it works, I see no reason to criticize Jaedong for doing it. His opponents try to cut edges by going light on defense and he punishes them.

At least in TvZ, the terran has a chance to recover from a non-greedy opening against Jaedong by playing perfectly. A protoss player's only hope against Jaedong is to cut every corner, hope it's one of those 10% games were he doesn't do a runby, and count on JD to make at least one huge mid-game blunder. (Unless the protoss is Bisu or Stork and thereby wins against JD anyway.)
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 07:00:17
August 21 2010 07:00 GMT
#510
On August 21 2010 15:55 Holgerius wrote:
Considering how JD played against Light I think Flash will win if he can just get his maphacks going. Mindgames will be JD's strongest weapon, I doubt he can take 3 completely standard games vs Flash with the current map-pool. There's probably going to be a nice mix of early aggression and eco-cheese. If Flash can read him properly he'll take it.

I'm waiting for Jaedong to bust out the drone scout --> 4-hatch-before-pool build against Flash's SCV scout --> CC-before-rax build.

And then another epic Crazy Zerg vs. Bio match on Odd-Eye <3
My strategy is to fork people.
ZZangDreamjOy
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada959 Posts
August 21 2010 07:02 GMT
#511
If FlaSh goes bionic, Jaedong can take straight up games from him, the problem is the new-ish bio into mech play, and FlaSh does it better then everyone else. As a Terran player, I want Jaedong to win, just because I know that he's just as skilled as FlaSh, but because of the inherent TINY advantage Terran has with winning consistently, and the current mappool, everyone seems to think that FlaSh is better. If Jaedong wins, it'll shut people up, and he'll tie my favourite player for GOAT, NaDa.
HitEmUp
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 07:51:11
August 21 2010 07:26 GMT
#512
Lol at the people making predictions for next month, as a few have said above it's all about the MSL finals.

I think Flash is 16-3 this month and jaedong is 13-5* (edit, I miss counted) in non-exhibition play.

As always I'm hoping for an epic MSL finals, it wont happen though, it never does. One player will dominate the other.
SaikOuLighT
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada742 Posts
August 21 2010 07:43 GMT
#513
I really hope the finals are not as one sided as they usually are. That said, whoever wins should be #1 no questions asked imo
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 21 2010 07:48 GMT
#514
Not really. If JD wins a close 3-2 series but gets knocked out of OSL (0% chance of happening though XD) while Flash wins in WCG and advances in OSL I would have him at #1.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
August 21 2010 08:45 GMT
#515
On August 21 2010 16:48 Holgerius wrote:
Not really. If JD wins a close 3-2 series but gets knocked out of OSL (0% chance of happening though XD) while Flash wins in WCG and advances in OSL I would have him at #1.


You can't really take WCG finals into account at all since it literally means nothing, and they have 1 day to prepare. Agree with the rest though, and the same is true the other way around as well of course

Also, Jaedong rolfraped Effort without practice :D
Didn't see the start of the games though so I don't know if he got any good BO advantages.
BobbYt3hBobbY
Profile Joined December 2008
256 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 08:48:12
August 21 2010 08:47 GMT
#516
On August 21 2010 17:45 Cpadolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 16:48 Holgerius wrote:
Not really. If JD wins a close 3-2 series but gets knocked out of OSL (0% chance of happening though XD) while Flash wins in WCG and advances in OSL I would have him at #1.


You can't really take WCG finals into account at all since it literally means nothing, and they have 1 day to prepare. Agree with the rest though, and the same is true the other way around as well of course

Also, Jaedong rolfraped Effort without practice :D
Didn't see the start of the games though so I don't know if he got any good BO advantages.


He did get 12hatch vs 12pool in the first game. But the second was 12hatch vs 12hatch i believe.
Also agreed on the WCG finals part. (Jaedongs 5pool vs Storks 2 proxy gates comes to mind)
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 21 2010 08:49 GMT
#517
Ahahahahahaha, it must suck so hard to be a fan of any player who isn't JD or Flash right now. XD 2 finals secured now, and both are 1-0 in their respective OSL series. Dual bonjwas ftw!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
August 21 2010 09:17 GMT
#518
On August 21 2010 17:49 Holgerius wrote:
Ahahahahahaha, it must suck so hard to be a fan of any player who isn't JD or Flash right now. XD 2 finals secured now, and both are 1-0 in their respective OSL series. Dual bonjwas ftw!


You can add protoss to that list. Has there ever been a worse time for that race? There is no one who is good enough to wins off the top T or Z players and even the "future generation" players don't look promising (except snow, but he sucks in two matchups right now).
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 21 2010 09:19 GMT
#519
On August 21 2010 16:48 Holgerius wrote:
Not really. If JD wins a close 3-2 series but gets knocked out of OSL (0% chance of happening though XD) while Flash wins in WCG and advances in OSL I would have him at #1.


You do know though that the OSL is like a week after the MSL or something so the OSL would go into next months rankings not this month. MSL will be the deciding factor for #1.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 21 2010 09:28 GMT
#520
On August 21 2010 18:19 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 16:48 Holgerius wrote:
Not really. If JD wins a close 3-2 series but gets knocked out of OSL (0% chance of happening though XD) while Flash wins in WCG and advances in OSL I would have him at #1.


You do know though that the OSL is like a week after the MSL or something so the OSL would go into next months rankings not this month. MSL will be the deciding factor for #1.

I'm talking about the Ro8.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 165
ProTech163
Nina 158
RuFF_SC2 109
ViBE38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16437
firebathero 85
PianO 20
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever344
canceldota82
League of Legends
Doublelift3737
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu693
Other Games
summit1g6043
FrodaN1220
shahzam538
B2W.Neo391
C9.Mang0317
RotterdaM103
Mew2King37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile139
• StrangeGG 28
• RyuSc2 4
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1143
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
17m
Replay Cast
1h 2m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.