• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8907 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 25

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 66 Next
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 20 2010 04:41 GMT
#481
On August 19 2010 23:06 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2010 22:44 o[twist] wrote:
On August 19 2010 22:34 Holgerius wrote:
Heh, Flash has now reached 3 consecutive MSL finals, 2 (soon to be 3???) consecutive OSL finals, the WL final and the PL final. What a year Flash is having.


this must be the most successful year of starcraft anybody has ever had by pure achievements


Nada won 4 titles in 3 seasons. If Flash wins both leagues this year he'll be ahead of Nada since he'll have 4 titles and 2 silvers in 3 seasons. (EVERY FINALS)

for my sake I hope that doesn't happen, the (let's just say retired cuz he barely ever plays) NaDa at least has some pride
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 20 2010 05:20 GMT
#482
NaDa's cross generational win record will still exist.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 20 2010 05:29 GMT
#483
On August 20 2010 10:22 Mortality wrote:
Game one will be telling indeed because that map is being played twice and because he should have good chances there.

I don't think the WCG games should be considered too heavily when looking at this series. If I were Light, I wouldn't have wanted to show in WCG whatever it is I am planning to do in MSL. Going for two quick cheeses is a way to potentially win games without necessarily revealing anything.

It used to be that wasn't true. A long time ago. Back when SC was much less understood. These days basically every cheese build possible is well documented, but revealing timings can kill you.


I highly doubt Light is going to do some new timing attack that isn't already being done tbh. I will be surprised if jaedong loses to light I think jaedong will either 3-0 or 3-1 (LWWW).
When I think of something else, something will go here
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
August 20 2010 14:32 GMT
#484
So Flash went on a 15 game winstreak this month... who has the record?
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
BobbYt3hBobbY
Profile Joined December 2008
256 Posts
August 20 2010 14:41 GMT
#485
Gorush with 16.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/players/8_GoRush/games
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
August 20 2010 14:52 GMT
#486
ah thnx
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 20 2010 15:03 GMT
#487
On August 20 2010 14:29 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2010 10:22 Mortality wrote:
Game one will be telling indeed because that map is being played twice and because he should have good chances there.

I don't think the WCG games should be considered too heavily when looking at this series. If I were Light, I wouldn't have wanted to show in WCG whatever it is I am planning to do in MSL. Going for two quick cheeses is a way to potentially win games without necessarily revealing anything.

It used to be that wasn't true. A long time ago. Back when SC was much less understood. These days basically every cheese build possible is well documented, but revealing timings can kill you.


I highly doubt Light is going to do some new timing attack that isn't already being done tbh. I will be surprised if jaedong loses to light I think jaedong will either 3-0 or 3-1 (LWWW).


Indeed there has been a lot of convergence in how the game is played, but everybody has different timing senses, different star senses, etc., and it's better to try to win the lesser event while revealing nothing.

I don't know if Light is going to win or not. I think he has the talent to do so, but nerves could be a serious issue, because Light has them while Jaedong doesn't.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 20 2010 15:11 GMT
#488
There is not a doubt in my mind that JD will crush Light. Light's fancy stats means nothing when he's up against an S-class player in a Bo5 in a Starleague semi-final. We will get ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' vs ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' #3 in MSL. And quite possibly in OSL too.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
WWJDD
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
India342 Posts
August 20 2010 15:41 GMT
#489
Flash gets most of his come-from-behind TvT wins, because when he's behind, he just stops making mistakes until the battlefield is even, at which point he starts taking risks and pretty good ones at that. That's what separates him from the rest.

Also, love how he uses static defenses. His placement of turrets and siege tanks is just sooooooo perfect, irrespective of matchup and in TvT, that's more or less all you need to win 75% of the time. My respect for Flash has increased this season, in spite of his mini-ace-slump (for lack of a better word, or is it aberration).

A JvF all finals across three different leagues will be too much to ask for, and I am not sure I can take it, but it would have been much more epic if at one league didn't have such imba maps. We'll see if JD can overcome map imbalance to beat arguably the best player to ever play the game.
WWJDD??
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
August 20 2010 16:42 GMT
#490
On August 21 2010 00:11 Holgerius wrote:
There is not a doubt in my mind that JD will crush Light. Light's fancy stats means nothing when he's up against an S-class player in a Bo5 in a Starleague semi-final. We will get ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' vs ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' #3 in MSL. And quite possibly in OSL too.

warning if u'r high dont read this
it gave me a headache
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 20 2010 16:59 GMT
#491
On August 21 2010 01:42 pvzvt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 00:11 Holgerius wrote:
There is not a doubt in my mind that JD will crush Light. Light's fancy stats means nothing when he's up against an S-class player in a Bo5 in a Starleague semi-final. We will get ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' vs ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' #3 in MSL. And quite possibly in OSL too.

warning if u'r high dont read this
it gave me a headache

I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
August 20 2010 19:56 GMT
#492
On August 21 2010 01:59 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 01:42 pvzvt wrote:
On August 21 2010 00:11 Holgerius wrote:
There is not a doubt in my mind that JD will crush Light. Light's fancy stats means nothing when he's up against an S-class player in a Bo5 in a Starleague semi-final. We will get ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' vs ''Would've been bonjwa if it wasn't for the other imba Lee'' #3 in MSL. And quite possibly in OSL too.

warning if u'r high dont read this
it gave me a headache


sorry
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
DracoVolantus
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland236 Posts
August 20 2010 21:00 GMT
#493
Can anybody tell me if leta instead of typing gg could spent 2000 minerals he had on 25 vultures and win by placing mines extraordinary well by flash's tanks when flash had 9 minerals and 0 income? I feel like many players are weak at match endings like people were weak at chess endings in XIX century, I wish I could fast forward time 10 years and see one of sc:bw games of greatest players of then (oov son for example xD).
EX CATHEDRA!
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
August 20 2010 22:23 GMT
#494
Two thirds of the way through the month, I'm seeing...

#1 - (Z)Jaedong
#2 - (T)Flash
#3 - (T)Fantasy
#4 - (Z)EffOrt
#5 - (Z)ZerO
#6 - (T)Sea
#7 - (T)Light
#8 - (P)free
#9 - (P)Stork
#10 - (P)Kal

I think Kal is the best protoss at the moment, but I can't "prove" it. So he slips in at #10. But protoss just doesn't have anyone inspiring at the moment. None of the top protosses qualify as S-class. There's not a whole lot of inspiring protoss talent that's coming up, really. Bisu looks vulnerable. Stork looks vulnerable. Free is playing the best, but he's not that frightening. Kal is reliable and strong, but just can't beat the top players.

Difficult situation for protoss, even with a somewhat favorable map pool.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
August 20 2010 22:50 GMT
#495
Solution to TvP and ZvP? Have Flash and Jaedong switch to Protoss.
May the BeSt man win.
DracoVolantus
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland236 Posts
August 21 2010 00:12 GMT
#496
making PR before final of starleague and WCG? You must be out of Your marbles O_o
EX CATHEDRA!
Ouga
Profile Joined March 2008
Finland645 Posts
August 21 2010 02:04 GMT
#497
As much as I'm JD fanboy, I can't believe he can take flash out over 50% of the time. It certainly seems like Z is on backfoot in SC1 against T (pro tvz win% > pro zvt win% on most), and when opponent is capable in playing close to perfect (Flash) then JD should stand no chance. So I'm not expecting Flash to ever lose tvz bo5 unless he slumps or is totally taken by surprise in multiple games.

Rooting for JD v flash finals tho, in at least one of the leagues.
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 21 2010 02:51 GMT
#498
On August 21 2010 11:04 Ouga wrote:
As much as I'm JD fanboy, I can't believe he can take flash out over 50% of the time. It certainly seems like Z is on backfoot in SC1 against T (pro tvz win% > pro zvt win% on most), and when opponent is capable in playing close to perfect (Flash) then JD should stand no chance. So I'm not expecting Flash to ever lose tvz bo5 unless he slumps or is totally taken by surprise in multiple games.

Rooting for JD v flash finals tho, in at least one of the leagues.

When JD is playing a Bo5, all of that random shit doesn't matter.
GANDHISAUCE
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 21 2010 06:20 GMT
#499
...Well...
In one week we'll see who is number one.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
August 21 2010 06:29 GMT
#500
On August 20 2010 08:34 L0thar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2010 08:23 setzer wrote:
And I know it is early but I am giving Light NO chance after his cheesy, pathetic performance against Jaedong.


How many chances seemed fantasy to have after WCG? He was thoroughly destroyed the same day he had to play in MSL. And look at the series. Eventhough he lost, he came pretty close. I wouldn't judge Light chances too fast.

That being sad, Light ain't no fantasy, JD should have it in the bag.


I'm going to quote myself and say that I was right in the first paragraph. Light play was much better than in WCG, he could take the series if some things tourned out differently.

But the second paragraph is way out lol. Light is closer to fantasy than I though, losing 3:2 when you are in the lead heh...
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 583
ProTech137
RuFF_SC2 107
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19589
Mini 145
firebathero 94
Bale 23
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever170
canceldota33
League of Legends
Doublelift3469
Counter-Strike
fl0m1058
Super Smash Bros
PPMD1
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu947
Other Games
summit1g5333
FrodaN1268
Beastyqt537
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck292
B2W.Neo281
ToD222
C9.Mang0126
RotterdaM85
UpATreeSC72
Mew2King44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1113
• Shiphtur653
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 6m
Replay Cast
1h 51m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.