• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:29
CEST 12:29
KST 19:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8352 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 14

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 66 Next
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-08 01:07:25
August 08 2010 01:06 GMT
#261
On August 08 2010 02:26 Lebesgue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2010 02:21 Mortality wrote:
The problem with bringing up year old stats is that they are meaningless here. The OSL/MSL games are going to be the decider for PR for sure.


Flash has terrible scheduling again. WCG against Leta, MSL against Forgg and OSL against Hyia, day after day. By far the worst among all the players.

But his condition seems pretty good.


IT will be again Jaedong vs Flash for no1 this month. Unless Sea manages to sneak through to round of 4 in MSL.


Even if Sea wins over JD, most likely JD will remain top 2.

However, you aren't giving Flash's opponents any credit. The only match-up where anyone has any legitimate reason to doubt Flash's skill is TvT and now he's facing the #3 ELO ranked TvT player in a bo3, the #5 ranked TvT player in OSL (that's right folks: Hiya is now the #5 TvT player with a winrate of 70% in 2010, so stop underraitng him. Magikarp has got skillz.) and he's facing the only two Terrans to have ever beaten him in a series (Leta in Lost Saga bo3 and ForGG in Arena bo5).

Exactly what are you expecting in terms of opponent difficulty? 10 games in a row vs SkyHigh?
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 08 2010 01:13 GMT
#262
On August 08 2010 05:05 Yxes2211 wrote:
im not a Flash fan, bur wouldn't it be sick if he won PL, MSL, and OSL XD I mean that would be damn sick


pffft Jaedongs gonna be the first one to win both leagues! Well I can wish anyway .
When I think of something else, something will go here
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
August 08 2010 03:06 GMT
#263
On August 08 2010 10:06 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2010 02:26 Lebesgue wrote:
On August 08 2010 02:21 Mortality wrote:
The problem with bringing up year old stats is that they are meaningless here. The OSL/MSL games are going to be the decider for PR for sure.


Flash has terrible scheduling again. WCG against Leta, MSL against Forgg and OSL against Hyia, day after day. By far the worst among all the players.

But his condition seems pretty good.


IT will be again Jaedong vs Flash for no1 this month. Unless Sea manages to sneak through to round of 4 in MSL.


Even if Sea wins over JD, most likely JD will remain top 2.

However, you aren't giving Flash's opponents any credit. The only match-up where anyone has any legitimate reason to doubt Flash's skill is TvT and now he's facing the #3 ELO ranked TvT player in a bo3, the #5 ranked TvT player in OSL (that's right folks: Hiya is now the #5 TvT player with a winrate of 70% in 2010, so stop underraitng him. Magikarp has got skillz.) and he's facing the only two Terrans to have ever beaten him in a series (Leta in Lost Saga bo3 and ForGG in Arena bo5).

Exactly what are you expecting in terms of opponent difficulty? 10 games in a row vs SkyHigh?


I actually give them a lot fo credit that's why I am worried. Leta is super strong in TvT and I think has a winning record against Flash. Hyia is Hyia and he can definitely win. Finally Forgg is Flash's team-mate... But I know also that in top form Flash can pull it out. I hope that if he has to sacrifice sth it will be WCG.

And note that Sea actually has a good shot for top 3 position next PR. He's in both leagues and most probably be in ro8 in OSL. If he aslo manages to get to ro4 in MSL then he will be a really strong contender for top3 position. Maybe even higher depending on Flash and Jaedong performance.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-08 03:43:25
August 08 2010 03:43 GMT
#264
If Sea beats Jaedong in the MSL and advances in the OSL over him as first seed then I think he could earn a #2 or even #1 position depending on how flash plays, too.
Remember Violet.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 08 2010 06:47 GMT
#265
On August 08 2010 12:06 Lebesgue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2010 10:06 Mortality wrote:
On August 08 2010 02:26 Lebesgue wrote:
On August 08 2010 02:21 Mortality wrote:
The problem with bringing up year old stats is that they are meaningless here. The OSL/MSL games are going to be the decider for PR for sure.


Flash has terrible scheduling again. WCG against Leta, MSL against Forgg and OSL against Hyia, day after day. By far the worst among all the players.

But his condition seems pretty good.


IT will be again Jaedong vs Flash for no1 this month. Unless Sea manages to sneak through to round of 4 in MSL.


Even if Sea wins over JD, most likely JD will remain top 2.

However, you aren't giving Flash's opponents any credit. The only match-up where anyone has any legitimate reason to doubt Flash's skill is TvT and now he's facing the #3 ELO ranked TvT player in a bo3, the #5 ranked TvT player in OSL (that's right folks: Hiya is now the #5 TvT player with a winrate of 70% in 2010, so stop underraitng him. Magikarp has got skillz.) and he's facing the only two Terrans to have ever beaten him in a series (Leta in Lost Saga bo3 and ForGG in Arena bo5).

Exactly what are you expecting in terms of opponent difficulty? 10 games in a row vs SkyHigh?


I actually give them a lot fo credit that's why I am worried. Leta is super strong in TvT and I think has a winning record against Flash. Hyia is Hyia and he can definitely win. Finally Forgg is Flash's team-mate... But I know also that in top form Flash can pull it out. I hope that if he has to sacrifice sth it will be WCG.

And note that Sea actually has a good shot for top 3 position next PR. He's in both leagues and most probably be in ro8 in OSL. If he aslo manages to get to ro4 in MSL then he will be a really strong contender for top3 position. Maybe even higher depending on Flash and Jaedong performance.


Okay, I totally misinterpreted what you said.

Regarding Sea, it's likely. If he wins vs JD he will guarantee #3 rank. If he loses, Fantasy and Effort are still in the running depending on how they do.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
cunninglinguists
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States925 Posts
August 08 2010 07:33 GMT
#266
How much approximate weight is given to the STX Master's Cup in terms of PR rankings? I have a vested interest in the answer to this question by Plexa as I just saw my boy ZerO impressively AK Oz.
nimoraca
Profile Joined February 2007
Serbia84 Posts
August 08 2010 08:24 GMT
#267
Interesting thing to note is that Flash has played in ALL of six finals so far this year (WL and PL finals included), and won 4 of them.
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
August 08 2010 08:50 GMT
#268
I think Flash picks his TvT back up now that he has to play so much of it, kind of like how he got his TvP back. Unless he has a PL finals hangover, which is definitely possible.

However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he lost to one of Leta/Hiya. I don't see him losing to ForGG as I don't see anyone on KT ever beating Flash since all indications are he crushes everyone routinely in house and I think that makes him an exception to the conventional wisdom that in-house games are unpredictable. I do think he really wants to make WCG this year since he's got a "I want to do everything" thing going, but it's going to be tough. He's up 2-0 in the OSL and I know he wants to advance for sure but he's not at risk to be eliminated against Hiya (though if he loses, a tiebreaker with Hiya and Zero is very likely).

All in all it will be very interesting.
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
August 08 2010 09:25 GMT
#269
On August 08 2010 05:05 Yxes2211 wrote:
im not a Flash fan, bur wouldn't it be sick if he won PL, MSL, and OSL XD I mean that would be damn sick


You forgot one thing... WCG. Until then we can officially declare BW is defeated.
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
August 08 2010 17:26 GMT
#270
On August 08 2010 16:33 cunninglinguists wrote:
How much approximate weight is given to the STX Master's Cup in terms of PR rankings? I have a vested interest in the answer to this question by Plexa as I just saw my boy ZerO impressively AK Oz.


<3 (Z)ZerO
Writer
DracoVolantus
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland236 Posts
August 08 2010 19:12 GMT
#271
Told to always put zero 10# on PR =)
EX CATHEDRA!
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
August 08 2010 19:45 GMT
#272
Flash looking quite strong atm. Though he got away with a ton of buildorder advantages or insane blind reads in the last games.
luckybeni2
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1065 Posts
August 08 2010 20:59 GMT
#273
On August 09 2010 02:26 swanized wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2010 16:33 cunninglinguists wrote:
How much approximate weight is given to the STX Master's Cup in terms of PR rankings? I have a vested interest in the answer to this question by Plexa as I just saw my boy ZerO impressively AK Oz.


<3 (Z)ZerO

I would not count them that much since it is more of a showmatch. But since there are really few games played now without proleague it you can probably place people who do well there in the lower parts of PR. Just keep in mind that the mighty backho is 3-0 there
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-08 22:15:53
August 08 2010 22:15 GMT
#274
On August 09 2010 04:45 Fenrax wrote:
Flash looking quite strong atm. Though he got away with a ton of buildorder advantages or insane blind reads in the last games.

Wasn't really a blind read. He made bunker and had a good vulturescout.
Bunker+scv+goliath can fend off an allin hydrabust and you need goliaths for mutalisks so there was really no point in making tanks right off the bat.
Turret timing was due to non action from the zerg, had he made hydras the attack would have occured before he could place the turrets.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
cunninglinguists
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States925 Posts
August 08 2010 23:03 GMT
#275
On August 09 2010 05:59 luckybeni2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 02:26 swanized wrote:
On August 08 2010 16:33 cunninglinguists wrote:
How much approximate weight is given to the STX Master's Cup in terms of PR rankings? I have a vested interest in the answer to this question by Plexa as I just saw my boy ZerO impressively AK Oz.


<3 (Z)ZerO

I would not count them that much since it is more of a showmatch. But since there are really few games played now without proleague it you can probably place people who do well there in the lower parts of PR. Just keep in mind that the mighty backho is 3-0 there



True, true. IMO the rankings should be determined based upon performance in the leagues in this order of weight assigned: OSL, MSL, WCG and then STX Masters.
Geniuszerg
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada454 Posts
August 09 2010 05:09 GMT
#276
Jaedong is back and fighting!
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 11:26:49
August 09 2010 06:18 GMT
#277
On August 08 2010 16:33 cunninglinguists wrote:
How much approximate weight is given to the STX Master's Cup in terms of PR rankings? I have a vested interest in the answer to this question by Plexa as I just saw my boy ZerO impressively AK Oz.


Apparently Stork benefited a lot from the STX master , because he shouldn't be ranked so high .
maneatingshoe
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada484 Posts
August 09 2010 08:07 GMT
#278
I want to see Flash have a win-streak til the end of the month, and show everyone he's pissed about being number two on Power Rank...I wonder how many progamers look at TL Power Rank
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
August 09 2010 08:13 GMT
#279
On August 09 2010 17:07 maneatingshoe wrote:
I want to see Flash have a win-streak til the end of the month, and show everyone he's pissed about being number two on Power Rank...I wonder how many progamers look at TL Power Rank


Probably none.

Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 11:11:37
August 09 2010 10:55 GMT
#280
On August 08 2010 12:43 TwoToneTerran wrote:
If Sea beats Jaedong in the MSL and advances in the OSL over him as first seed then I think he could earn a #2 or even #1 position depending on how flash plays, too.


He should probably be over Jaedong if this happens. But over Flash? The MSL maps are too terran favouerd to make a win over Jaedong count that much imo. I think anything can happen. If Jaedong beats Sea on Polaris and Odd-eye 3 that would be amazing though.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10408
StarCastTV_EN284
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11486
Bisu 3250
Jaedong 2667
EffOrt 1082
Horang2 359
ZerO 324
Zeus 255
Larva 254
Pusan 233
Mind 138
[ Show more ]
actioN 135
Hyun 131
Barracks 79
ggaemo 75
Killer 50
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 43
Yoon 39
Sharp 38
NotJumperer 29
Sacsri 25
ToSsGirL 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Shinee 18
Noble 11
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
febbydoto84
League of Legends
JimRising 363
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1606
byalli8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
ceh9646
crisheroes215
Pyrionflax166
Sick150
dupreeh114
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast9
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
• WagamamaTV204
League of Legends
• Jankos1037
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 31m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.