• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8848 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 3

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
PineappleSage
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada109 Posts
July 17 2010 03:21 GMT
#41
because of moletrap or combat-ex
zerglings ^^
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
July 17 2010 03:27 GMT
#42
back in the day through WGTour.
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
July 17 2010 03:28 GMT
#43
iCCup, then i forgot it and found it again a year later using google lol (thought it was teamliquid.com so i couldnt find it...so then i just googled it and facepalmed)
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
July 17 2010 03:31 GMT
#44
It was honestly so long ago, I don't recall
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
July 17 2010 03:32 GMT
#45
I'm not completely sure anymore but I think it might have come from Tasteless after watching GomTV regularly. About 10 years ago I only knew the community forum of my country but TL is just so much better
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
July 17 2010 03:34 GMT
#46
Found TL through Google, when I was younger (and when all my friends were still playing StarCraft), I wanted to beat my friends and random people online so I went jumped online and looked up some strategies. To be honest my first StarCraft site was something called StarCraft University, it was there that I learnt about build orders/micro/macro/etc. But the site would go up and down from time to time so I found other sites (such as this). A few years later my friend told me about the Korean scene and how hardcore they are about StarCraft, naturally I jumped back on the web to search for it and it lead me to TL again and that's when I stopped looking at other StarCraft sites. 1 year later I would register after realising this is the best fucking website in the world and here I am today.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
awesomeopossum
Profile Joined February 2010
United States72 Posts
July 17 2010 03:35 GMT
#47
I don't remember. And I found it earlier this year. Impressive.
we can plant a house, we can build a tree
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
July 17 2010 03:35 GMT
#48
Kind of other, I got into SC1 spectating with GOM all-star invitational that Pholon introduced me to, as well as another IRL friend. From there at first I didn't like TL that much cos of all the unnecessary crap lol but then then I learned to love it after putting a bit of effort in because Pholon always linked good threads to me ;D
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
July 17 2010 03:41 GMT
#49
Either Naz or Eri had the link in there profile back in git'em channel. I was curious
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
grahf
Profile Joined August 2009
39 Posts
July 17 2010 03:47 GMT
#50
Tasteless.
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
July 17 2010 03:49 GMT
#51
KLAZART and sAviOr brought me to starcraft which naturally brought me to TL.
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
Redfish12X
Profile Joined September 2009
United States4 Posts
July 17 2010 03:50 GMT
#52
When I bought Starcraft in mid-to-late 2009, I asked on GameFAQs if there were any places that could helpme improve my game, and I was redirected here.
The object is to win. If they cannot counter that, they are the ones with the problem, not you.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
July 17 2010 03:50 GMT
#53
You know I really can't remember. I think it was a search engine after watching boxer videos on youtube. It's been almost 4 years now... Wow
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
July 17 2010 03:51 GMT
#54
I wanted to know what "Micro" and "Macro" meant when I started playing (people elsewhere kept using the terms and I didn't know what they meant). So I looked up "micro macro starcraft" on Google and saw a link to the TL wiki, which seemed to be the only place that actually explained it.

I ended up spending several hours reading the wiki and fell in love with it, learning more than I ever thought I could learn about the game. Made an account and never left.
STX Fighting!
XFire
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States131 Posts
July 17 2010 03:51 GMT
#55
I started on SC2GG
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
July 17 2010 03:54 GMT
#56
It was in 03 and some guys from [CF] mentioned the site so I signed up. After thinking it was a clique of assholes I took a 3year hiatus from the site, but now I like it
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
July 17 2010 03:54 GMT
#57
I think there was some link somewhere on PGT back then. I'm really not sure, that's a bit too long ago :\
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
Duke
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1106 Posts
July 17 2010 03:55 GMT
#58
i found a UMS micro training map, the most fun i had ever found. it mentioned teamliquid in the credits. i wonder who made it
Alphonsse
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States518 Posts
July 17 2010 03:55 GMT
#59
Tasteless mentioned it on GOMTV.
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
July 17 2010 03:55 GMT
#60
NonY FPVODs got me hooked. From there I found the Razer TSL, and have been here ever since. Almost a year and a half ago.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
ProTech145
RuFF_SC2 112
Liquid`TLO 103
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19408
firebathero 91
Bale 22
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever178
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1026
Super Smash Bros
PPMD30
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu830
Other Games
summit1g5632
FrodaN1250
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck289
B2W.Neo262
ToD229
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM91
UpATreeSC76
Mew2King38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1156
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
Replay Cast
1h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.