• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8899 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 21

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-21 04:37:52
July 21 2010 03:50 GMT
#401
Tasteless plugging TL continuously.

+ Show Spoiler +


To be more specific.


Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Dolky
Profile Joined August 2004
Finland67 Posts
July 21 2010 03:59 GMT
#402
Heard about tl.net on some winmx chat channel i used to hang out in many moons ago.
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
July 21 2010 04:22 GMT
#403
It's been 4 years since I've joined Teamliquid, and I just can't for my life remember how I actually came across this forums. I think it might be an online friend who either gave me a thread in this website or.. Starcraft pro-gaming news in which I was interested in signing up and joining the community. Interesting development since then.. haha
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
July 21 2010 04:30 GMT
#404
it was late 2005, or early 2006, i forget how though. BW obviously but how i cannot tell. so depressing, but probably a friend, jesus man its amazing i dont even remember how i found out about TL its kind of upsetting, there should be a check-box of sorts when you register, that way its forever imprinted in your profile how you found out about TL.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
evantrees
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada497 Posts
July 21 2010 04:30 GMT
#405
probably came across it a few time with google, klazart videos /sc2 beta finally brought me here to lurk pretty much so far...
rejection and peace tiramisu. I think that went well.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
July 21 2010 04:31 GMT
#406
On July 21 2010 12:50 vol_ wrote:
Tasteless plugging TL continuously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEA5BVJZGbo

To be more specific.



omg that fucking gets me everytime LMFAO.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
vlaric
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States412 Posts
July 21 2010 04:39 GMT
#407
Used to play with a friend who would always beat me when I was still a UMS player on bnet. I asked him where I could go to get better, and he linked me to this site.
Wannabe zerg player
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 21 2010 05:40 GMT
#408
scouring for vods in 2005
axium
Profile Joined July 2010
Korea (South)6 Posts
July 21 2010 06:38 GMT
#409
Starcraft Gallery(korean SC forum) users introduced TL to me. For your reference, they think TL is resembles them, and they are sooooooooo mad.
Holy shit! Shout! 22!
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-21 07:12:10
July 21 2010 07:10 GMT
#410
Christmas 2007 when I was visiting my parents and all I had was my crappy laptop to surf the internet, I decided to start looking up pro BW matches because I was bored. I'd played for a long time before then but never really competitively. I started watching the Shinhan Bank 3 OSL finals between Nada and Savior and it was so exciting to watch. I think in one of the comments either in one of those videos, or a related video, I saw TL.net and I checked it out and then lurked for a long time, then finally signed up later on.
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
July 21 2010 07:32 GMT
#411
I was a script kiddie money-map maphacker in 2005. In my endless googling for StarCraft hacks, I would occasionally stumble on this site with this (what I thought) to be a hideous and unusable blue user interface. How could people even read their posts here!?!? I couldn't stand that the fact that no one had an avatar, just a username and a 22x22 icon of an SC unit. Eventually, as the hacking forum I went to died and I discovered Korean StarCraft (ironically from a thread on le hax forum)... I came to TL.net for the second time.
6581
Beyir
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark33 Posts
July 21 2010 10:17 GMT
#412
heard it in a few commentaries so figured i would check it out and here i am :D:D
"I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if i think he is going to start a fair fight, or if there is a woman involved.... or if I'm getting paid, mostly if I'm getting paid"
onedayclose
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1145 Posts
July 21 2010 12:14 GMT
#413
Watching PsyonicReaver stream on www.justin.tv/iccup
Slink
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia16 Posts
July 21 2010 13:28 GMT
#414
My mate told me about the 1st TSL and now here i am..
Ricjames
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Czech Republic1047 Posts
July 21 2010 14:13 GMT
#415
Someone on battlenet EUR told me to visit the site because of something. It was probably around year 2005 so i don't really remember.
Brood War is the best RTS that has ever been created.
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
July 21 2010 14:48 GMT
#416
On July 21 2010 12:50 vol_ wrote:
Tasteless plugging TL continuously.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEA5BVJZGbo


To be more specific.




lmao, Tasteless is slick.
ProTech_MediC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States498 Posts
July 21 2010 16:28 GMT
#417
how is "battle.net" not an option? =P
MC Fighting!~
CraftyStars
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada47 Posts
July 21 2010 16:51 GMT
#418
After getting my ass handed to me for the thousandth time from my friend, looked up Starcraft Strategy on google and TL.net was on the first page
"The queen forces a creep tumor out of her bowels" WTF?! Gotta love the Zerg
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
July 21 2010 17:10 GMT
#419
how can people find TL on youtube...
i know Nevake is prob the main TL account, but TL is not very present or known on youtube and its sad, they could have an account with thousands of subscriber but its not the case..

i think i found TL on the offical starcraft 2 forum..
def the best site for SC2, its tha MMO-CHAMPION of starcraft.
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
KnightOfNi
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1508 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-21 17:55:43
July 21 2010 17:53 GMT
#420
It was either diggity or moletrap a few years back (late 2007ish), can't remember which >.>... I know I found TL before new years day cuz I was torrenting the proleague games on january first of 2008 . I don't remember the occasion exactly though...
RIP eSTRO :(
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
ProTech145
RuFF_SC2 112
Liquid`TLO 103
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19408
firebathero 91
Bale 22
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever178
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1026
Super Smash Bros
PPMD30
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu830
Other Games
summit1g5632
FrodaN1250
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck289
B2W.Neo262
ToD229
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM91
UpATreeSC76
Mew2King38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1156
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
Replay Cast
1h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.